Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Almost a year since I ordered my first - thanks AGAIN @letter never sent for pushing me over the edge :lol: it's been a busy year in the Chimpsky household!
I want that 2 arm!🤣

Oh yeah, it takes a little bit to settle and adjusted voltage, not quite as long as the initial warm up, but you at least want to give it 10 minutes probably, otherwise you're basically cooling it as it's warming, although there's nothing really wrong with that if it's got all that heat soak from the lower setting! Nice start, seems like you were already within the right range, you'll get it dialed in perfect soon enough...

Yeah the airflow is different so aside from the power level, it's really tough to compare the two even though they are so similar ofcourse

Yeah you'll figure out water level, it's a game each time for me, because I don't remember the amounts haha so carefully, because I'm usually adding a tiny bit in a tiny bit in a tiny bit in to get the precise level and sometimes I even have to pour a little out if I go too far lol

Yeah that's the best, just hitting it, you can get a lot of consistency if you want, but it's fun to just play around, often the thickest biggest hits are so surprising but welcome!

And the other name, it's funny because the actual glaze is oriental carmel like I said, and they changed it to orange for theirs, but they should have changed the first part probably :rofl:
You really can’t beat functional art!😄

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
1638703115633.jpeg
My Obsidian blemished. Looks so much better in person than this pick shows. Pic was taken in my garage with poor lighting.

So last night I finally had some time to play with it. Filled the bong with 300 ml of water and 30 minute heat soak starting at 11volts, she settled at 10.2 after the heat soak.

I filled the dome bowl with .1g and proceeded to take my first. The first couple of hits were airy but Terpy, next couple hits were the same. It wasn’t quite making the right seal between the sacred nut and the bong. Loaded another bowl and began hitting while slightly nudging the nut. Once I found that sweet spot it was lights out!!

Huge tasty hits, Wow!!

I vaped 2 more bowls of some nice blue dream. After the second bowl I had to step away because I was toast! Not sure if it’s this vape but The effects were out of this world with such little weed.

So far I’m thrilled at how this vape hits and the effects. The honeymoon continues
Cheers

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah the airflow is different so aside from the power level, it's really tough to compare the two even though they are so similar ofcourse
I dig the draw resistance for sure. If anything it's closer to what I'm used to with vigreaux stems and j-hooks

View attachment 14933
My Obsidian blemished. Looks so much better in person than this pick shows. Pic was taken in my garage with poor lighting.

So last night I finally had some time to play with it. Filled the bong with 300 ml of water and 30 minute heat soak starting at 11volts, she settled at 10.2 after the heat soak.

I filled the dome bowl with .1g and proceeded to take my first. The first couple of hits were airy but Terpy, next couple hits were the same. It wasn’t quite making the right seal between the sacred nut and the bong. Loaded another bowl and began hitting while slightly nudging the nut. Once I found that sweet spot it was lights out!!

Huge tasty hits, Wow!!

I vaped 2 more bowls of some nice blue dream. After the second bowl I had to step away because I was toast! Not sure if it’s this vape but The effects were out of this world with such little weed.

So far I’m thrilled at how this vape hits and the effects. The honeymoon continues
Cheers
Nice. I use my obsidian VB at 11V and any time I put two scoops in it instead of one the hits are unreal

Last edited:

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I dig the draw resistance for sure. If anything it's closer to what I'm used to with vigreaux stems and j-hooks

Nice. I use my obsidian VB at 11V and any time I put two scoops in it instead of one the hits are unreal
I haven't tried 11v, may have to give it a shot. I filled that little chamber (where the screen is seated) to its rim and gently tamped it until it was flush with inner edge of the nut, weed is a medium ground.
2 hits at 10,2v and the bowl is cooked, does that sound normal or is my unit running too hot?

Texus

View attachment 14933

Huge tasty hits, Wow!!

Cheers
That is a beauty. And yes, there is often some wiggling and adjustment needed to get that seal right (the unglazes part of the sphere provides some useful guidance here) but when that seal is achieved, Wooooo Weeee.

I've tried to think of some little hacks to make achieving a great seal easier and pretty automatic. But nothing has really grabbed me. And ultimately a little ball wiggle at start of hit is all it takes to accomplish. You feel the difference in the hit right away.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
@tonuzzi Sounds like yours is working fine. I almost never load past the little rim and I typically finish a bowl in 2-3 hits at similar voltages.

Last night I crushed a single Delta 3D scoop in one big hit and I was WRECKED! I love how well this vape works with small bowls.
Thanks bro, appreciate it. This vape blows me away. I love the airflow, and just the way this vape hits, and of course the effects :smug:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I haven't tried 11v, may have to give it a shot. I filled that little chamber (where the screen is seated) to its rim and gently tamped it until it was flush with inner edge of the nut, weed is a medium ground.
2 hits at 10,2v and the bowl is cooked, does that sound normal or is my unit running too hot?

Yeah that's fine, every person and every piece is unique, there is no running too hot, you just lower the power if you feel it's too hot for you... Sounds good!

Nope you guys don't remember, at least skim through the thread to check! The 9volt range is just for the mini in my experience! Mine was at 9v or 8.7...

Current OAB should be around 10.4v on the hotter side so 10 could be good... 10.9v is like one hitter territory with my Tahiti Grape (used it last night for the first time in a while, had it at 11 and took one too many hits, after the last hit the bowl started to smolder, at least I didn't have to clean the whole thing lol so then I dropped down to 10.4)

My old original OAB plum jelly, ran higher, 10.9 was typical and I even went up to 11.9 in the winter... There was a post from Collyland that new aromatizers are all set to settle in around 10 or so for best results, possible that may have just been bandits but I think it was everything? Except mini and berserk

Your classic standard is older, so it's possible that it runs higher, but also I would need to use a higher voltage in the standard VB myself as well and was running it above 11 most recently (and I think that's what @iDRINKBLEACH is doing more like 11.4 or so?)

Yes you want less for the OAB, but try closer to 10, the 8.5 range is way low for an OAB I think, even low for a mini for me, though I should try it next time lol

I also love your choice, love that Oriental Carmel orange, I think it's the perfect pair with your obsidian blue standard, enjoy bud!

Yes welcome and congrats! You scored a fantastic one, I love that snob eat weed gang member, it was easy for me to choose to celestial blue cobblestone mini OAB over it at the time since I already have my Tahiti Grape, but I'm still a little jealous!

Okay I actually realized remembered, my settings for the mini were higher, they were in the 9.5 range, I used it yesterday around a 9.1 and it was a lighter extraction than I am used to, but nice and leisurely with the whip in an armchair watching movies! So yeah I'm never using any of my aromatizers below 9 volts... ~9.5 for mini, ~10.5v new OAB, ~11.5 old OAB, give or take depending on the ambient temp and what I'm looking for?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
last time that wizard ........... now the meditating cat!!!!!!!!! :cuss: why are the ones I'm interested so expensive?!? curse you Collyland for creating such wondrous works of art!!! one day one of those beautiful art editions will really class up my vape space....... but today it is beyond my reach:cry: congratulations to all the lucky new owners, some beautiful pieces posted recently 👍

Drinkaholik

i am alcohol intolerant
What's a good power adapter? The one that came with the box started buzzing last night and the voltage keeps changing

Drinkaholik,

PossumMD

Aw man. Just got told they don't do carb holes anymore cos American customers don't like em. Which leads to my next question, how hot does the second ball get?

PossumMD,

vapirtoo

The sacred nut should only be in place while actually vaping.
After a toke or two I always remove the nut; the herb always seems
moist after the first hit and this moisture could be degrading the coil
if left in place.
It is kind of sad that the nut should not remain in place as it makes
the device look soooo cool.
7 months in and all other desktops are in storage except the
SupremeV3.
I can feel the effects of CBD flower with this vape. Its wooooorking.

Drinkaholik

i am alcohol intolerant
Aw man. Just got told they don't do carb holes anymore cos American customers don't like em. Which leads to my next question, how hot does the second ball get?
you're meant to take it off between hits. If you forget it on there it can get VERY hot

Also, I WISH mine didn't come with a carb hole, it's annoying to hold on every hit and it leaks water

vapirtoo

Stick a piece of dried fruit in there and you are golden!
I prefer dried mango or dates, but get creative!
I love my carb hole, and sometimes I cover the top
of the bong and suck the vapor through the carb!
For you new folks, raw honey on the bottom of your
nuts makes for a super seal! Once you see how that pulls,
you can get a good feel for nut placement for ultimate hits.
I also clean the dust from the top of the downstem using
my finger and olive oil. Great bed time edible!
Check my picture in page 139 and you will see the mango.

coolbreeze

Aw man. Just got told they don't do carb holes anymore
Yeah, I noticed mine conspicuously missing as well and was kinda bummed. Coming up in the US in the 70s most of my bongs were ceramic and ALL of them had carbs, plastic and glass bongs included. I don't think I remember seeing a slide until the 80s or 90s even, and it wasn't transformative enough to make much impact on my collection at the time. Vaping and Sci glass changed all that. I guess I can't complain cuz the nut removal works well enough and it's a good reminder not to let it sit there soaking up the vapors. Still, I miss the carb....

1638808954053.png

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, I noticed mine conspicuously missing as well and was kinda bummed. Coming up in the US in the 70s most of my bongs were ceramic and ALL of them had carbs, plastic and glass bongs included. I don't think I remember seeing a slide until the 80s or 90s even, and it wasn't transformative enough to make much impact on my collection at the time. Vaping and Sci glass changed all that. I guess I can't complain cuz the nut removal works well enough and it's a good reminder not to let it sit there soaking up the vapors. Still, I miss the carb....

View attachment 14975

@PossumMD Yeah everyone answered you already, but also if anyone is really clamoring for a unit with a carb hole, you can try posting here and or ent exchange that you want to trade your carbless version for the old style with the carb... There may be many standard aromatizer owners who would take you up on that, I know I would have, maybe more difficult to find trade for a bandit however since there was a lot different and fewer of them... However yeah I'll say it again, the carb is really nothing, but an inconvenience for me personally...

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It's @PossumMD and/or @coolbreeze that'd prefer a carb? I'd consider trading my carb-having obsidian VB for another Collyland vape. Am I even allowed to say that in the device threads?

I do think the VB makes sense with a carb: it holds more air and in general I don't trust myself to lift the ball to clear hits. With an OAB or Mini I can see the carb being less relevant.

Seems a bit of effort to actually post a For Trade in the classifieds. Good thinking though @Shit Snacks. 🤔

I need to get me a Collyland piece for each day of the week like @NimChimpsky! 😂

coolbreeze

@PossumMD Yeah everyone answered you already, but also if anyone is really clamoring for a unit with a carb hole, you can try posting here and or ent exchange that you want to trade your carbless version for the old style with the carb... There may be many standard aromatizer owners who would take you up on that, I know I would have, maybe more difficult to find trade for a bandit however since there was a lot different and fewer of them... However yeah I'll say it again, the carb is really nothing, but an inconvenience for me personally...
For my part, I'm perfectly happy with my vapbong, I was just surprised is all. The nut renders the speedhole superfluous. In fact, one of my favorite things about the vapbong is that it creates a viable means by which people today can acquire and enjoy ceramics as we did back in the day. After all, it's an awesome medium: tough, clean, very personal, and open to endless varieties of designs and finishes. I'm not sure why ceramic went away, but with this it's back in a big way, and representative of the best innovation of the hippy/stoner engineers past and present. Let the carb die, if it must.

My lament was merely misplaced nostalgia, an old man yelling at the clouds.

Last edited:

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
Stick a piece of dried fruit in there and you are golden!
I prefer dried mango or dates, but get creative!
I love my carb hole, and sometimes I cover the top
of the bong and suck the vapor through the carb!
For you new folks, raw honey on the bottom of your
nuts makes for a super seal! Once you see how that pulls,
you can get a good feel for nut placement for ultimate hits.
I also clean the dust from the top of the downstem using
my finger and olive oil. Great bed time edible!
Check my picture in page 139 and you will see the mango.
I’ve never thought of a finger coated in olive oil! That’s quite clever…or maybe I’m a tad slow?:lol: Definitely trying this tonight!:rockon:

vapirtoo

All I can tell you is that it gets even better with more use!
I stuck a used K cup coffee filter in the down stem and was
blown away by the super smooth dry hits.
Flavour was slightly better, but the no chug smooth
dry hit was different and nice.
I think I will dust off my other vapes for New Years
just as a memorial ceremony!

Top Bottom