Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I paid more for each one of mine as they got more expensive and the crazy sales stopped, my cobblestone mini was the most expensive though of course and I still say well worth it, more so that my other ones were got early enough to be amazing deals!

There was a long post from Daniel I believe about the pricing, reasons for the increase, because of how much busier they are and the logistics getting trickier... Simply the costs of doing business with such a great business for such a great product is all!! :D

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
My Obsidian Classic was delivered safely yesterday afternoon, SO HAPPY!! This vape looks so nice! truly a piece of art. She's big and heavy and "NO CARB included"...Bonus
I haven't had the chance to hit it yet, but hopefully this evening when I have time to figure out what her sweet spot is.

Huge shout out to Scott @VGOODIEZ! Super quick delivery! (he even left a nice note in the box thanking me and wishing
me a happy holiday, classy) Thanks Scott Have a great Christmas, and a huge thanks to all the fine folks on this thread for sharing all their input and great tips.

:peace::peace:

Texus

Welcome to FC and congratulations!

Hey guys, what voltage shall I start at with my new friend here (compliments of my main man Scott at @VGOODIEZ)?

I run my VB at 11V but I recall seeing folks say the OAB is in the 8.5 range maybe so I wanted to check.
View attachment 14917
I run my OAB around 9. But there seems to bed some variation across units.

almost there

Hey guys, what voltage shall I start at with my new friend here (compliments of my main man Scott at @VGOODIEZ)?

I run my VB at 11V but I recall seeing folks say the OAB is in the 8.5 range maybe so I wanted to check.
View attachment 14917
Good choice my friend! As far as power, last I checked folks dialed it to 11 and allow it to settle at 10ish area. You can give that a try and customize it per ambient temp and your personal preference. Congrats and enjoy.

edit- sorry, forget all that. Those are VB instructions, think 9ish is what I remember @Shit Snacks saying.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Nope you guys don't remember, at least skim through the thread to check! The 9volt range is just for the mini in my experience! Mine was at 9v or 8.7...

Current OAB should be around 10.4v on the hotter side so 10 could be good... 10.9v is like one hitter territory with my Tahiti Grape (used it last night for the first time in a while, had it at 11 and took one too many hits, after the last hit the bowl started to smolder, at least I didn't have to clean the whole thing lol so then I dropped down to 10.4)

My old original OAB plum jelly, ran higher, 10.9 was typical and I even went up to 11.9 in the winter... There was a post from Collyland that new aromatizers are all set to settle in around 10 or so for best results, possible that may have just been bandits but I think it was everything? Except mini and berserk

View attachment 14917

Your classic standard is older, so it's possible that it runs higher, but also I would need to use a higher voltage in the standard VB myself as well and was running it above 11 most recently (and I think that's what @iDRINKBLEACH is doing more like 11.4 or so?)

Yes you want less for the OAB, but try closer to 10, the 8.5 range is way low for an OAB I think, even low for a mini for me, though I should try it next time lol

I also love your choice, love that Oriental Carmel orange, I think it's the perfect pair with your obsidian blue standard, enjoy bud!

First post here. What a great vape. View attachment 14914

Yes welcome and congrats! You scored a fantastic one, I love that snob eat weed gang member, it was easy for me to choose to celestial blue cobblestone mini OAB over it at the time since I already have my Tahiti Grape, but I'm still a little jealous!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Nope you guys don't remember, at least skim through the thread to check! The 9volt range is just for the mini in my experience! Mine was at 9v or 8.7...

Current OAB should be around 10.4v on the hotter side so 10 could be good... 10.9v is like one hitter territory with my Tahiti Grape (used it last night for the first time in a while, had it at 11 and took one too many hits, after the last hit the bowl started to smolder, at least I didn't have to clean the whole thing lol so then I dropped down to 10.4)

My old original OAB plum jelly, ran higher, 10.9 was typical and I even went up to 11.9 in the winter... There was a post from Collyland that new aromatizers are all set to settle in around 10 or so for best results, possible that may have just been bandits but I think it was everything? Except mini and berserk

Your classic standard is older, so it's possible that it runs higher, but also I would need to use a higher voltage in the standard VB myself as well and was running it above 11 most recently (and I think that's what @iDRINKBLEACH is doing more like 11.4 or so?)

Yes you want less for the OAB, but try closer to 10, the 8.5 range is way low for an OAB I think, even low for a mini for me, though I should try it next time lol

I also love your choice, love that Oriental Carmel orange, I think it's the perfect pair with your obsidian blue standard, enjoy bud!

Yes welcome and congrats! You scored a fantastic one, I love that snob eat weed gang member, it was easy for me to choose to celestial blue cobblestone mini OAB over it at the time since I already have my Tahiti Grape, but I'm still a little jealous!
First bowl was great; thanks for the voltage details.

I'm at 10.2V now but not entirely sure if the first bowl reflects that since I only waited a few minutes after it had nearly an hour to warm up at 9.5 and was at 10.5 for a bit before lowering it.

With the obsidian VB I turn it on at 11.8 and by the time it's warmed up it's at 11.0. I'm sure I'll learn my preferred starting voltage for the OAB without trouble.

I was super happy with the quick extraction: the abv was cached and darker than my VB after three decent hits. I should perhaps nudge the VB again to see if I prefer going darker.

With my initial function test it didn't seem to want much water without the risk of having it run up the mouthpiece. Also I was hoping for less of a pinched view of the inside for cleaning purposes. Not sure either of my VB bottle brushes will be ideal.

I have yet to go for any larger hits to rival those I've encountered on purpose and by accident from the VB. It hits great though and yeah I'm happy with the Oriental Orange glaze, apart from the incorrect name lol

Shit Snacks

First bowl was great; thanks for the voltage details.

I'm at 10.2V now but not entirely sure if the first bowl reflects that since I only waited a few minutes after it had nearly an hour to warm up at 9.5 and was at 10.5 for a bit before lowering it.

With the obsidian VB I turn it on at 11.8 and by the time it's warmed up it's at 11.0. I'm sure I'll learn my preferred starting voltage for the OAB without trouble.

Oh yeah, it takes a little bit to settle and adjusted voltage, not quite as long as the initial warm up, but you at least want to give it 10 minutes probably, otherwise you're basically cooling it as it's warming, although there's nothing really wrong with that if it's got all that heat soak from the lower setting! Nice start, seems like you were already within the right range, you'll get it dialed in perfect soon enough...

I was super happy with the quick extraction: the abv was cached and darker than my VB after three decent hits. I should perhaps nudge the VB again to see if I prefer going darker.

Yeah the airflow is different so aside from the power level, it's really tough to compare the two even though they are so similar ofcourse

With my initial function test it didn't seem to want much water without the risk of having it run up the mouthpiece. Also I was hoping for less of a pinched view of the inside for cleaning purposes. Not sure either of my VB bottle brushes will be ideal.

Yeah you'll figure out water level, it's a game each time for me, because I don't remember the amounts haha so carefully, because I'm usually adding a tiny bit in a tiny bit in a tiny bit in to get the precise level and sometimes I even have to pour a little out if I go too far lol

I have yet to go for any larger hits to rival those I've encountered on purpose and by accident from the VB. It hits great though and yeah I'm happy with the Oriental Orange glaze, apart from the incorrect name lol

Yeah that's the best, just hitting it, you can get a lot of consistency if you want, but it's fun to just play around, often the thickest biggest hits are so surprising but welcome!

And the other name, it's funny because the actual glaze is oriental carmel like I said, and they changed it to orange for theirs, but they should have changed the first part probably :rofl:

Top Bottom