• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

fak

The Dude
@fak That sucks. Sorry dude. I'm sure it'll get sorted out. But, what a hassle.

Bummed out. Would it be disrespectful to do so a bowl in my classic to honor your fallen soldier? I hope not. Because it's already in progress.
No disrespect, it's a great honor. thankfully I have the mini to hold me over but I'm missing the airflow already :( going to express ship it to try and minimize downtime just waiting on word back from CL

SquirrelMaster

Chiming in here, my Classic VB won't turn on today, tried with multiple different PSUs, the same PSUs that won't power the classic easily powers my mini :( ugh not looking forward to sending this back for repairs
Maybe you can just replace the heater to avoid shipping? The part was listed before, I haven't checked recently.

SquirrelMaster,

BassFury

Hi guys! I read you for long time before i decide to buy my first original vapbong/aromatizer, thanks for the share and all the advices!

At first i was a little nervous about the possibility of breaking my ball... I break few things regulary on the first try of New vaporizer...😅 So i ordered directly an additionnal ball to feeling better with my aromatizer but it's complicated for them to make a second ball who fit perfectly on the aromatizer... Daniel told me they dont propose to make an other ball anymore, if you break yours they give you a 20%coupon code for an other unit. I think you need to know that. The dial with Daniel was great nothing to tell. After 6 months (when i ordered mine the thread made only 75pages, so good to see news customers like me😃)i finally receive my precious oriental orange aromatizer and really love him 🤩🤩🤩

Hi fak, for your broken unit you have a yt video on the Félix denzler channel, he replace all the heater élément and he told it was easy for everyone to do it...🤞

Thanks for all and keep the good Vibe!
Sorry for my english i'm french...😅
I try to sent some pics of my beauty

Last edited:

realmoosesoup

I was a little worried about breaking the ball, but just being careful and hoping things work out. Moving to a new place soon. Need to figure out a good safe home for it.

Speaking of the ball, I've been using the VB for a few days now, and I kind of struggle with ball placement and hit size. I feel like there's just some practice needed and getting used to how the device works, but it's hard to predict how big the hits will be. I'm not sure if it's strictly ball placement, or maybe if the first time is just warming up the herb and then the next hit is huge, but I'll get small thin hits, then suddenly a cloud on a follow up one. I haven't figured out the pattern yet, but the device can be a heavy hitter, so the difference is pretty dramatic.

The ball doesn't have a "home" as in it doesn't really click into an obvious seat, which is fueling my low level conspiracy theories about the small hits. Is there some kind of air leak if the ball isn't in a perfect spot, or is it just that smaller hits don't heat the herb enough?

jbm

The ball doesn't have a "home" as in it doesn't really click into an obvious seat, which is fueling my low level conspiracy theories about the small hits. Is there some kind of air leak if the ball isn't in a perfect spot, or is it just that smaller hits don't heat the herb enough?
I sometimes have to mess with the ball to get it to seat correctly. When I don't I definitely get hits that are less thick. There is a position in which it seats correctly and sort of "clicks" into place, not literally of course, which gives the best seal.

The bowl ball does need to be seated correctly for the unit to hit properly. I had a little trouble at first, but you should eventually be able to recognize the proper placement without much trouble. On the rare occasions it still happens to me, I can tell right away by the airflow difference and adjust accordingly.

@BassFury Beautiful photos, and thanks for the heads up about ball replacement (or lack thereof). If mine did ever break, I would absolutely have a replacement unit on order ASAP. But, I do think I should probably find a more secure resting spot for my bowl, just in case. Right now it just sits on a mood mat with the loading dish, next to the VapBong. I like your solution. Collyland needs to drop an official ball holder!

realmoosesoup

I sometimes have to mess with the ball to get it to seat correctly. When I don't I definitely get hits that are less thick. There is a position in which it seats correctly and sort of "clicks" into place, not literally of course, which gives the best seal.
I've read the 'sort of "clicks"' idea before, and sometimes I think that's happened, but then the hit is still weak. However, I'm still quite new, so I probably don't have a feel for the actual click yet. Will keep trying. When it does hit, it hits, but I need to be careful with testing it out. See post a few back about my second try with the device.

vapirtoo

If you cannot get the feel of the sacred nut, you can do a visual just to see if any of the white glaze is
being exposed. It should be even all around.
I used raw honey on my nuts for awhile to secure a good seal and experienced what excellent hits can be achieved.
After that sticky mess, I could tell immediately when the sacred nut was at the solstice!
It is imperative that you find the groove!
Yo
We can DIY a coil replacement!? GTFOH!

vapirtoo

OK
notams got me into this hooker?, no a hookah and the pull is so sweet along with
perserving escaping vapor that it has become my primary mode of atomizing.
Tonight my VB is at eye level rocking around 10.6, and I seem to be mesmerized with its form and glaze.
The effects are that good!
Have any of you named your vape?
I've called mine, "my precious", but that is more title than name.
Wow, No name , no gender, not yet

realmoosesoup

If you cannot get the feel of the sacred nut, you can do a visual just to see if any of the white glaze is
being exposed. It should be even all around.
I do look to cover all the white, but that doesn't guarantee a seal. Also, where I keep it (currently) makes looking around the whole nut kind of a pain on each hit.

Yesterday I put some daytime effort into really lining it up and trying to find the "spot". I put a little (non-permanent) mark on the orb that lines up with an air hole on the heater ball, just so I had a top-down visual.

I didn't get it perfect each time, but it was much more predictable last night. I got to use it more or less how I had originally envisioned it. Take a hit or 2, go do something, come back later and top off some more.

I am hoping I get a feel for it over time. There's not so much a "click" as a bit of an area where all the white is gone and you can only twist it a bit freely. One end of that twist area seems to be a better seal than the other. Anyway, learning.

notams

toke down Babylon
Have any of you named your vape?

Victoria.... And she cradles my nut perfectly.

RE ball alignment: I found an interesting technique. Kind of like feathering the airhole on a Dynavap to mix air flowing over the herb and fresh air.

Usually to 'clear the chamber' I remove the ball entirely or uncover the carb. But, try liting the ball a tiny bit while you're inhaling. I can actually feel the ball 'sucking' down into place. If the herb doesn't need stirring or crushing yet, this is a great way to build heat in the bowl and not lose any momentum.

The tiny airflow between the lip of the downspout and the lifted edge of the ball will mix with air coming through the heater. Then dropping the ball the 1-2 millimeters back into its cradle will seal it up and go back to airflow 100% through the heater. This is a tiny little adjustment. I press the ball up against the heater ball to get a good seal there and feather the edge of the ball against the downspout.

@realmoosesoup - that ^^^ might help you get the 'feel' of where the ball lines up. I've only done this with a whip and I believe it would be harder without a whip as maintaining that suction may be difficult but, give it a shot. Literally suck it into place. You can also hear the airflow change when you're actively inhaling while making adjustments. Again - probably easier with a whip.

Also, you'll just get more familiar with yours over time (naming it helps). Compare your clumsiness with a girl the first few times and your familiarity with your life partner now. Rarely do balls misalign with one's spouse.

.d

Can anybody compare the classic aromatizer to the new one armed bandit(different heater position) ? Any noticable differences? I'm looking to get another unit but having a hard time choosing the model, go with the tried and tested or try the new one hmmm

.d,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can anybody compare the classic aromatizer to the new one armed bandit(different heater position) ? Any noticable differences? I'm looking to get another unit but having a hard time choosing the model, go with the tried and tested or try the new one hmmm

This is asked on almost every page I feel like lol just skim backwards, the key differences are apparent in the form factor :tup:

Shit Snacks,

.d

This is asked on almost every page I feel like lol just skim backwards, the key differences are apparent in the form factor :tup:
Yea I saw people asking but didn't see a comparison in terms of usage and maintenance, only saw the comments saying it hits mostly the same, just different size and shape... I'll skim a bit thru the history again, maybe someone had a more detailed comparison.

I want to get a reserve/spare unit but not sure if I should get another classic (because it is freaking awesome!) or get a bandit or some of the other experiments (berserker, mini oab, viking, etc) because maybe it is better!

My obsidian classic is so low maintenance that I clean it once a month (with daily water change) and i absolutely love it, I cant imagine not having it on my desk anymore so I wanna make sure that never happens!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yea I saw people asking but didn't see a comparison in terms of usage and maintenance, only saw the comments saying it hits mostly the same, just different size and shape... I'll skim a bit thru the history again, maybe someone had a more detailed comparison.

The basic usage and maintenance is exactly the same, between a bandit and a standard at least...

I want to get a reserve/spare unit but not sure if I should get another classic (because it is freaking awesome!) or get a bandit or some of the other experiments (berserker, mini oab, viking, etc) because maybe it is better!

Yeah that's a tough call, I mean I like the bandit enough that I was able to justify a second one and now the mini... Worst case scenario if you don't like the new one you get you can sell it and then get a spare standard later!

My obsidian classic is so low maintenance that I clean it once a month (with daily water change) and i absolutely love it, I cant imagine not having it on my desk anymore so I wanna make sure that never happens!

Yeah so that's not going to be different regardless of the model I think, but it really depends on you!

realmoosesoup

But, try liting the ball a tiny bit while you're inhaling. I can actually feel the ball 'sucking' down into place. If the herb doesn't need stirring or crushing yet, this is a great way to build heat in the bowl and not lose any momentum.
I'm trying this right now and it seems to work well. If I take time to seat the ball well, I can get it to work. The problem was pulling it out each hit to clear the whole thing. It wouldn't always go back in the right spot. Just lifting it enough to get some air in helps, I can kind of feel what you mean by the suction pulling it back in.

Trial and error. I'll get it. Wound up taking a monster hit unintentionally last night. Went to bed early.

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
Trial and error. I'll get it. Wound up taking a monster hit unintentionally last night. Went to bed early.
Damn, I miss those days. And they weren't even that long ago.

It IS fun learning a new device - especially when the device is as forgiving and fun as VB and... ahhh... those unexpected monster rips, yeah those are fun. Then you look at the bowl and it's still green and fluffy and total confusion mixed with smiles washes over you.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
It arrived Wednesday morning. Which was a nice surprise as tracking had it in Germany still.

So I ordered the aventurine 3d not really knowing what finish that was. VAS was strong that day....

Had some pics sent by seller and it sparkled a bit.
I thought it a tad brown and a little dull and whilst I love the eccentric and bright colours normally used by collyland this one would attract less attention, needed as I have kids and non participating friends. It will blend in was my thinking.

On opening I was at first a little underwhelmed by the glaze. It was as appeared in the photos but just a little dull. Well, that's what I ordered so no one to blame..... I set it up and let in heat up.

First blast and further underwhelmed. I could taste the metal heater, was getting black spots and meh all round. I was beginning to think I had made an expensive mistake (I already have a vrod so have a powerful hitter to compare with).

Best leave it till tomorrow I thought.

Next day the metal taste had lessened and I was getting more even avb. Taste still poor but getting better.

But at around 2 pm the sun hit the vapbong full on. Bugger me but the whole bong was glistening with a million stars. It was remarkable. This effect I hadn't noticed or certainly hadn't appreciated till now. It was stunning. Suddenly I was feeling much much better about the look. Dull in shade but shine sunlight or artificial light and boom, it comes alive unlike anything I've seen before. I now think I have one of the most interesting/attractive glazes, one that only reveals its true beauty when one looks closely and in bright light. I'm so chuffed with it.

But back to the usage.

3rd day and I thought I'd have a quick hit to start the busy day off... Filled with about 300ml of clean water and heated back to 11 settling at about 10.2 to 10.4. after an hour I had a hit. And I got tasty clouds. Very tasty. Lovely..... I'm even more impressed now.

I'm sort of assuming the vape needs to settle in and maybe a coating of oil through usage has helped....

And the draw style is very different and in a good way. Much more free flowing etc etc. Much has been said better than I can. It's certainly a hard hitter if you want it to be but also handles small amounts at lower temperatures. I have much playing still to do.....

I love it and suspect my adoration will only grow with time. It is of course the only vape in use for the honeymoon period....

Much has been said on the cradling of the hallowed ball and whilst I love the whole ritual thing, I am very aware of its massive weak point. It is a big negative but it is a necessary evil if you want this vape.
The only other negative is this thing makes it very easy to consume large amounts of tasty herb. Very easy....

Anyway, some pictures that totally fail to capture the depth and beauty of this wonderful glaze. Have a good weekend folks..... I plan to!

IMG_20210826_162148130.jpg

IMG_20210826_162200357.jpg

IMG_20210826_162307942.jpg

IMG_20210826_162357028.jpg
IMG_20210826_162237030_HDR.jpg

realmoosesoup

But at around 2 pm the sun hit the vapbong full on. Bugger me but the whole bong was glistening with a million stars. It was remarkable.
I like the finish as well. It kind of blends in until the light hits it just right.

I'm a week or two in front of you with the same basic device (finish and all). I've had some struggles with the orb placement, which resulted in inconsistent hits. I'm range between low and mid tolerance, and basically vape in the evening only. My goal is maintaining a mild comfortable buzz. The idea is to put some herb in the orb, and leave the unit on. Take a hit here and there.

If you look back over a page or two, I had one night where I got *way* too high (it worked out. Not the first time that's happened, but still). Did that again a couple nights ago, although not as high. I was starting to think maybe the VB is going to wind up collecting dust as I drift back to the safety of the Mighty, but yesterday I put the time in to figure out the placement. Last night went how I planned it. Hits when needed. Much more predictable. Still working on orb placement, but much closer to the original plan.

Next thing to figure out is water management. I fill it early evening when I turn it on, and empty it before heading to bed. I don't really want to leave water in there overnight. However, knowing myself, I'll probably forget that last step periodically. I'm wondering where others land with their water maintenance?

vapirtoo

I change the water daily, or as often as possible.
A little swirl and pour before bedtime with a refill
and heat up while making the morning cup of joe.
I've been experimenting with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
as a sterilizing agent.

Top Bottom