Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Love it! Same glaze as my new OAB.

I also have a issue with the bowl but I just use @RogueGuy scoop tool now anyway. I sometimes use the dish for the ball.

When the OAB is out and I'm using it as my main vape, thats what I do 98% of the time, I just stick a Rogue tool in there and mix it up. The exception would be when I go the hand-torn route, starting with bigger chunks, I'll break them up between hits in the dish. That isn't very often though

It had just been a while since I used the OAB in general, thought I would use as intended with the dish. Then I was reminded why I ditched the dish, then I started thinking...

@bornfree13 actually has a few spare smooth dishes I believe if you can get in touch with him!

Yeah I use the dishes a little bit, but usually scooping as well!

Oooh good to know! Thank you!

NimChimpsky

Beautiful Sky @Kudzu407! Fired mine up, some notes on the two-hander so far:

I love the form factor. In addition to the elegant look, it's also somewhat functional - because the mp is slightly curved (compared to the OAB with straight mp) you can hit it comfortably from the side, where the heater is facing more to your right, rather than forward, so the ball can be placed/removed similar to an OG OAB. Kind of hard to explain but it's nice. It seems about the same height as my Viking and OAB, the base is maybe 1-2 inches wider than all my others, taking up slightly more real-estate.

I started around 10V soaked but had to bump it up to mid 11V range, which seems to be the sweet spot for this one!

Edit: oh, I also wanted to mention that the packaging game was on point. Everything was bubble-wrapped very securely and the box was padded with it also. Seems like the package could even withstand a drop with no damage to the device - and my box did look as if this had happened lol but everything was totally safe 👌

Last edited:

Ripstar

Beautiful Sky @Kudzu407! Fired mine up, some notes on the two-hander so far:

I love the form factor. In addition to the elegant look, it's also somewhat functional - because the mp is slightly curved (compared to the OAB with straight mp) you can hit it comfortably from the side, where the heater is facing more to your right, rather than forward, so the ball can be placed/removed similar to an OG OAB. Kind of hard to explain but it's nice. It seems about the same height as my Viking and OAB, the base is maybe 1-2 inches wider than all my others, taking up slightly more real-estate.
I know exactly what you mean! I have more difficulty with my OG Vapbong than my OAB but man, I can see how much better the functionality would be if it was curved to one side. I love how they keep innovating!
Now, play us Irish pub tune on that bad boy!

NimChimpsky

I know exactly what you mean! I have more difficulty with my OG Vapbong than my OAB but man, I can see how much better the functionality would be if it was curved to one side. I love how they keep innovating!
Yea I dig all these variations! This one is definitely a winner. Love your OAB. I can't tell if it's the exact same base glaze as this one but very similar if not.
Now, play us Irish pub tune on that bad boy!
Lol. When my gf saw it she exclaimed, in sincerity, "Omg!! Is it a flute?!" :rofl:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yea I dig all these variations! This one is definitely a winner. Love your OAB. I can't tell if it's the exact same base glaze as this one but very similar if not.

I think yours may be monsoon seas under that black cobblestone?? All gorgeous, I really love that Sky @Kudzu407 and you have a gorgeous shade of blue beneath your white cobblestone @Texus! Come on UPS:uhoh:

NimChimpsky

I think yours may be monsoon seas under that black cobblestone?? All gorgeous, I really love that Sky @Kudzu407 and you have a gorgeous shade of blue beneath your white cobblestone @Texus! Come on UPS:uhoh:
I could totally be wrong but I thought I heard Janine say 'blue caprice' at some point on the video when showing Ocean, but that was pre English subs. Looking forward to pics of your mini!

I'm surprised that new mini hasn't sold yet, I love that pink under the black cobblestone.

Ripstar

Mine was labeled "Cobblestone blue and black" but lots of other colors going on in it. It definitely looks similar but has a different base color with the tan. Love the colors in both! Their glazes are just insane...

I could totally be wrong but I thought I heard Janine say 'blue caprice' at some point on the video when showing Ocean, but that was pre English subs. Looking forward to pics of your mini!

I'm surprised that new mini hasn't sold yet, I love that pink under the black cobblestone.

Yep, you are definitely correct!

Shit Snacks

Mine was labeled "Cobblestone blue and black" but lots of other colors going on in it. It definitely looks similar but has a different base color with the tan. Love the colors in both! Their glazes are just insane...

Haha yeah I remember seeing that too and you did say it earlier, it's true the blue caprice always looks different every time, it is just the large grayish spots that make me think it is monsoon seas or even tahiti grape under there... So much variety regardless but all beautiful!

Fortunately mine has arrived, and it is definitely clearly the cosmic blue (aka night sky?) dark blue glaze with white melting pebbles, beneath the black cobblestone, and it is so gorgeous the photos cannot capture... You're right it does look a little purple at some angles, but it is most definitely all shades of blue, blends it in with the white pebbles and black cobblestones... Such wonderful texture too, still quite smooth for the most part though (even the funnel dish!) Just looking into the texture is mesmerizing the way it stacks, I don't even know how to describe it really, you've seen it in some of the photos here, it is the reason the process is so involved and these pieces are so much more expensive, well worth it in person!!

PXL-20210909-005720814.jpg

Very well packaged within the old style box that has the pot leaves lol since it is so small everything fits very well in the box, also lighter to hold in the hands than I was expecting!

No flash, but in low light:
PXL-20210909-005714610.jpg

Warming up right now it says 9.86v as I lowered it from my normal, but what temperature were we liking for the mini again??

PXL-20210909-012806672.jpg

I'll be back soon, so excited!!!!! :luv::brow:

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
Well the 2arm seems to carry on the OAB experience as expected. Very forgiving with a slow draw. I am running at 9.8 and no hint of char. With only the screen depression filled it can be done in 2 good hits and never get close to that burnt popcorn taste. The ball is just a smidge larger than my Classic OAB and really fits into place well. @NimChimpsky I like this form factor also and the amount of water it held was surprising In that it didn’t seem to need much at all to purr like a kitten.
@Shit Snacks glad to see it safely in your hands. Beautiful glaze on that one.
I run my mini @ 8.5 most of the time so warm that thing up and get busy.
@NimChimpsky that Ocean and those colors under are stunning. I never really got a good look until today since it was already sold. Cobblestones can be so different.
thanks Jaxel another winner

NimChimpsky

That glaze is amazing @Shit Snacks looks like glowing blue embers! So cool. Yea you nailed it with the description, the texture with the cobblestone is so pleasing and all of these glazes are just so damn stunning in person. I'm really glad I chose Ocean the more I admire it. It's interesting, the grayish blotches (really more like seafoam green and light blue) seem to be on top of the cobblestone, so maybe not a part of the base glaze?

Nice @Kudzu407 agreed it did seem to take less water than expected considering the size of the base. I'm at 11.6V getting as dark of AVB as I'd like, two hits to nice light brown no charring. Friggin RIPS!!!

Shit Snacks

.USER=17737]@Shit Snacks[/USER] glad to see it safely in your hands. Beautiful glaze on that one.
I run my mini @ 8.5 most of the time so warm that thing up and get busy.
thanks Jaxel another winner

Thanks! Yeah no more broken arrivals haha yes thank you @Jaxel & @Collyland / Daniel!!

That glaze is amazing @Shit Snacks looks like glowing blue embers! So cool. Yea you nailed it with the description, the texture with the cobblestone is so pleasing and all of these glazes are just so damn stunning in person. I'm really glad I chose Ocean the more I admire it. It's interesting, the grayish blotches (really more like seafoam green and light blue) seem to be on top of the cobblestone, so maybe not a part of the base glaze?

Oh no it is most definitely part of the base glaze, them chemical reactions are crazy I tells ya! yeah that color could be monsoon seas, but with the greens blue caprice does make sense and that is what they said lol

I just had a couple bowls at 9.72v where it has settled in, I got my water level dialed in I think (did not measure, poured from a bottle of distilled water), very smooth purr and quick hits like I am used to at this level, no score scorch hot spots at all!

The screen is placed convex instead of concave like all my other aromatizers, on top of the bowl being shallower in the mini (and possibly slightly narrower diameter? hard to tell) so right now the bowl is very shallow, I am still stirring though with a bowl to the brim of oreoz getting smooth thick hits...

I'm already beginning to understand why the mini could be considered the ultimate hit, something about the size with the narrower mouthpiece and everything else, mostly hitting it off the table like normal so far, so I do wish the mouthpiece was longer (whip whip) because it is heavier with water to hold and just not so convenient for my usage style removing the bowl ball to clear each hit, though we shall see!

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper

Nice @Kudzu407 agreed it did seem to take less water than expected considering the size of the base. I'm at 11.6V getting as dark of AVB as I'd like, two hits to nice light brown no charring. Friggin RIPS!!!
Thanks for the voltage info. Hell that’s pretty much 2 v more than I’m at. Most times I seem to run lower than most people on the Aromatizers.Usually when I try it things do not go good. So I decided to try again after seeing your voltage.Turned it up to 11, that’s brave enough for now,and let it sit a few.And big ole nice cloud and no char. Highest voltage I have used on any Aromatizer. These things are all different and this one is very forgiving and RIPS 4 sure

Texus

Yeah, I'm not sure the specifics of the glaze since it wasn't listed on the site. I'd grabbed a purple OAB, and this one was mentioned in our correspondence as I arranged payment. And in response, I said, "Fuck Yeah."

She's a bute, and loving how she hits so far. Great fit of ball into chamber & heater. Another unique Collyland pull. While they share so many great characteristics, I've been impressed by the notable differences in the 3 I own: VB, OAB and Viking. Will be a fun acclimation to the OAB.

And @Shit Snacks that's a beauty of a glaze you got there! Great addition to your collection.

The cobblestone units are so awesome. Loving the flood of photos right now.

Taking a night off from the beast after it kicked my ass last night. This thing can really haul when you have it totally dialed in. I've crept my voltage back up to 10.5v recently. Took .1g and killed it in one big hit + an immediate cleanup hit before removing the bowl to clear. I crushed it up finely (don't do that often) and went back for a third hit, barely anything there. The avb was coffee brown and evenly roasted. As stoned as I've been in a good while!

Shit Snacks

Thanks @Texus yeah you're lucky too the way it came out it even looks a little purple!

Screenshot-20210909-011130.png

Sorry I meant celestial blue, night sky is the darker blue with larger gray splotches from melting... Anyway you can see how different it looks melted with the black cobblestone, the chemical reactions really do change the glaze colors when you layer! (plus these were glazed and fired several times over)

PXL-20210909-035731681.jpg

^the last of the oreoz, light avb from my thin layer bowls around 9.7v with slow sip draw (fast draw water in mouth lol) though still only for like 8 seconds or less maybe? ;)

PXL-20210909-035511816.jpg

^deeetail of the heater sphere glaze :brow:

PXL-20210909-075950032.jpg

^finishing up this grape pie, still breaking each other in, at 9.65v and 9.62 now as it is still dropping apparently... VERY efficient :ko:

These cobblestone glazes are just spectacular👌you are magicians @Jaxel! 💙🌊
Also, love the Herb Hour! Can't wait to see the next 'marathon' of specials. They mention the awesome whips used by various FC folks - we gotta get them a link!
@Jaxel - enjoyed the video! You requested someone link you to a whip.

I really enjoy this one: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=89_66&product_id=134 by Lamart.ch (@funkyjunky) for my OAB. I know some other members enjoyed this one https://www.amazon.com/BudPro-Silicone-Hookah-Aluminum-handle/dp/B06W9F12SM (US amazon link), but it didn't work well with the OAB for me.

Here you can see the whip - it has a glass mouthpiece which I enjoy

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Does the Lamart whip fit natively in the OAB mouthpiece?

No, at least not typically I don't think, but it does fit perfectly in my mini so thank you for motivating me to check!! This OG Tubo Purple/Orange wrapped whip even matches the cosmic blue mini pretty well:
PXL-20210911-072440806.jpg

PXL-20210911-072600217.jpg

@Jaxel definitely need to try a lamart wrapped whip with a mini/oab :tup:

And @Summer remembering your previous questions, and general preferences, I think yeah you actually do probably want the mini after all... Perhaps particularly this setup with the whip for overall comfort?

The water I was using at first was I think a bit too much around 70ml so now I think I am at more like 55ml give or take? Now I can actually sip or rip at my leisure, still around 9.7 volts, full shallow bowls of mostly medium ground with no scorch risks and nice full extraction after ~5 hits, just to give a general estimate of my usage for now...
:smug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom