Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

I’m super diligent about dumping the water every night. I haven’t cleaned my unit in ~2 months and it gets used almost every night for 1-2 bowls. Here is what it looks like right now. The ceramic seems to stay much cleaner than a glass piece when doing nothing but changing the water daily. Really doesn’t smell at all and the inside of the chamber is pretty much spotless from what I can see with a flashlight.

Now, I’m not using this thing as heavily as some others probably are, but I’m definitely impressed with how low the maintenance is overall.

I keep a gallon of distilled water nearby, and a measuring cup with a pour spout to fill the VapBong for each session (300 ml).

C513685-F-197-F-4-D53-8937-75-FBA30-ED8-F2.jpg

Last edited:

Drinkaholik

i am alcohol intolerant
Damn this thing is ridiculously easy to maintain. Did my first full cleaning today, after several months of intensive daily use. Suffice to say it was overdue. Although only the downstem was actually dirty, the rest of the bong remains resin free so long as its submerged in water. Just using a long thin piece of wood and high pressure water was enough to clean almost all the gunk out, with iso and an old toothbrush finishing the job off.

Very happy with how quick that was.

On a related note, has anyone else noticed the glaze in the downstem coming off?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
On a related note, has anyone else noticed the glaze in the downstem coming off?

The glaze is not coming off, there can be crazing, thats been mentioned here, excess heat causing the glaze to crack more is all.

Edit to add this Magma Lizard VB secondhand listed now on EntExchange
Screenshot-20210828-120358.png

Last edited:

JibbsIsMe

Got my Aromatizer in recently, and wow. I had high hopes and they were easily met. This thing is beautiful, and the cobblestone texture is amazing. I love touching it which is unfortunate because if's phallic lmao.

I like the experience more than the Flowerpot. The FP is higher tech (temp control is huge) and more versatile (concentrates, any glass), but the VapBong experience is unrivaled. It is so cool knowing it's one-of-a-kind, completely unique, all handmade. Love it.

The VB takes a long time to heat up (20-30 mins), and I blame that on the lack of temperature control. When I turn on the VB at my usual power level (~9.4v) it will use around 35 watts pretty much the whole time. It is very consistent in terms of power draw. The FP on the other hand, shines with the temp control. When it turns on, it cranks out 100-150 watts to get up to temp fast, and when reaching temp will eventually settle around the same as the VB at 35 watts. To help the VB with heat up I've been cranking the voltage to max, which pulls around 70 watts. This did help, but I recently looked at the heater when it was set this high, and the orange glow kinda spooked me, I'm not sure if that should be avoided or not.

So, question for you all, does putting the VB on max temp for 10 minutes on startup have any bad effects?

Also trying to find the right balance between temp and load size. I feel like larger loads need lower temps, otherwise I've been getting hotspots, and I've even combusted several times :rolleyes:. Small loads are much less problematic, much easier to finish without issue. For all load sizes though, I still find myself stirring every hit or two. I've also had some fun just putting in whole nugs, small and medium. It's a bit more annoying since you have to break them down after a few hits, but it's a neat trick.

I also made a whip that works with this! I used a whip from Lamart, plus a "master adapter" from VapeNorth/SneakyPete. Really happy with how I was able to use parts I had lying around rather than buying something specifically for this.

Anyway, without further ado, pictures!! For some reason I couldn't upload directly to FC, hopefully this works...

Shit Snacks

Beautiful @JibbsIsMe Nice post, there should be no risk heating it up at max voltage to get it warmed up faster, the glow is normal and persistent with mine regardless of the setting really or I never use it that low I guess, however yeah it really does need at least 30 minutes to settle in and most of us like it to warm up for an hour, often it will be heating up at a higher voltage in the voltage will drop a full point by the time it is ready... Also if you are using upper voltage for your session, you will want to take very fast short ribs to avoid any scorch, regardless of how full the bowl is (though never really above the rim) Good luck! :tup:

notams

toke down Babylon
@JibbsIsMe Welcome! And congrats! Looks beautiful. May it being you many many happy times.

Hey, regarding heat up times... Have you considered just plugged in and ready to go 24/7? Also, a lot of folks here have had success with smart plugs.

BTW - I've been annoyed by the glow of the red digital display on the voltage regulator especially at night in the dark - super bright. Solution: a quarter. Just put a coin on top and it completely covers the display but leaves it very accessible.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@JibbsIsMe Welcome! And congrats! Looks beautiful. May it being you many many happy times.

Hey, regarding heat up times... Have you considered just plugged in and ready to go 24/7? Also, a lot of folks here have had success with smart plugs.

BTW - I've been annoyed by the glow of the red digital display on the voltage regulator especially at night in the dark - super bright. Solution: a quarter. Just put a coin on top and it completely covers the display but leaves it very accessible.

Careful. That quarter might melt :rofl:

On a more serious note, I've been rocking at 9.8 volts, down from 10.3.
Taste has increased with lovely lung pleasing clouds.

Had now 2 weeks and my vrod has been used only once. I'm still very much in the honeymoon period, but damn this is a great vape.

When I did use my vrod that bloody rocks also.
I really can't decide which is better as they have strengths and weaknesses. But owning both I reckon I'm covered. Although the oab looks great too. Next I reckon.....

What a great time to be a vape head.....

Shit Snacks

Couple new Art editions up. Mini and a two arm bandit!

That is a gorgeous mini, I think it might be peppermint twist under black cobblestone??
Screenshot-20210907-142009.png

And this two-handed black opal looks to be the same as the fire one from the original batch of five, that red and black glaze underneath white cobblestone:
Screenshot-20210907-142045.png

notams

toke down Babylon
@Chicken No Name re: voltage regulators getting hot. Yeah, I hear folks' voltage things get hot. Not mine.

My original one is in a box somewhere. I got this one off Amazon. Doesn't get hot. I got the link from someone here on the thread. We should all make @Shit Snacks happy and "search" for the link. But... Someone will probably suggest a better / different one before I could do that.

JibbsIsMe

Yeah, mine gets pretty hot. I was designing a mount to attach it to the bottom of my table, but after having the power on for a while and noticing how hot it got, I have mostly given up plans to mount it, since I'm worried that containing it like that will cause it to get even hotter.

What would be a good thing to search for to find a replacement power supply? "variable voltage power supply" or something like that? Not really sure what specs matter for something like this.

Edit: found some products very similar to (and possibly the same as) the original using "adjustable power supply". Note that from my quick analysis above I would target a unit that supports at least 35 watts, probably even 45 just to have the option. I found one supporting 36 watts, I would say that's not enough.

Last edited:

JibbsIsMe

You can also get small cup hooks from the store and screw a couple in (spaced apart appropriately) under your table. The VR will hang from the hooks which will provide a small amount of airspace above for a natural cooling effect.
That is quite a brilliant and simple solution to my problem. Great idea!

JibbsIsMe,

NimChimpsky

What would be a good thing to search for to find a replacement power supply? "variable voltage power supply" or something like that? Not really sure what specs matter for something like this
The stock VVPS can be found on Amazon (5A, 3-12V), along with a marginally better one I posted about a while back, which is what I use for all my Aromatizers.

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...ly-vapbong-by-art-of-vapor.29579/post-1568716

Also, Ocean is out for delivery 🌊:D

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
That is a gorgeous mini, I think it might be peppermint twist under black cobblestone??
Screenshot-20210907-142009.png

And this two-handed black opal looks to be the same as the fire one from the original batch of five, that red and black glaze underneath white cobblestone:
Screenshot-20210907-142045.png

Wow...Must resist...

I have a cobblestone dish thing (drawing a blank on actual name). Sometimes I use the dish to stir, sometimes I just stick a tool in the ball and mix it around. When I use the dish, I feel like the cobblestone tends to grab the flower a little bit and it is a little annoying to get it all back into the bowl.

Do the smooth dishes tend to grab too? Or do they mostly allow the flower to slide out smoothly? Considering picking up a smooth dish. Or, maybe I just have to get a smooth aromatizer that comes with a smooth dish

Shit Snacks

Wow...Must resist...

I have a cobblestone dish thing (drawing a blank on actual name). Sometimes I use the dish to stir, sometimes I just stick a tool in the ball and mix it around. When I use the dish, I feel like the cobblestone tends to grab the flower a little bit and it is a little annoying to get it all back into the bowl.

Do the smooth dishes tend to grab too? Or do they mostly allow the flower to slide out smoothly? Considering picking up a smooth dish. Or, maybe I just have to get a smooth aromatizer that comes with a smooth dish

Haha yeah that's not an issue with the smooth dishes, I was wondering that about cobblestone, my cosmic blue mini is out for delivery as well and has a cobblestone dish, some cobblestone can be smoother than others, you never know how the chemical reaction is going to go, but yeah if you are using a plain glaze especially one without any melting glass pebbles, then the loading dish funnel is extremely smooth to use!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Haha yeah that's not an issue with the smooth dishes, I was wondering that about cobblestone, my cosmic blue mini is out for delivery as well and has a cobblestone dish, some cobblestone can be smoother than others, you never know how the chemical reaction is going to go, but yeah if you are using a plain glaze especially one without any melting glass pebbles, then the loading dish funnel is extremely smooth to use!

I like it better when you talk me out of spending more money...

I broke out the OAB to try some of that beautiful CA bud I just got and then next thing you know I'm wondering how smoothly those non-cobbled dishes are, instead of aimlessly poking at the dish trying to free those last bits with two full hands, trying not to spill, it could just fall into the bowl...

Shit Snacks

I like it better when you talk me out of spending more money...

I broke out the OAB to try some of that beautiful CA bud I just got and then next thing you know I'm wondering how smoothly those non-cobbled dishes are, instead of aimlessly poking at the dish trying to free those last bits with two full hands, trying not to spill, it could just fall into the bowl...

@bornfree13 actually has a few spare smooth dishes to sell I believe, if you can get in touch with him!
Yeah I use the dishes a little bit, but usually scooping as well!

Last edited:
Top Bottom