Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

NimChimpsky

I had an art vapbong that broke and was repaired by Collyland. I was happy with my experience, this is what happened:

The vapbong stopped heating up at all. I had been using it every day for about two or three months from memory.

They would reply to my emails within a day or two. Firstly they sent out a new power supply to me in London, which arrived within a couple days. When that didn't work, they emailed me a courier slip and I sent the unit to them at their expense. Once they had it, it took them a week to repair the unit before they sent it back out to me. It arrived safely and working. Because of the timing, my courier got caught up in Brexit post issues so the overall timing ended up being a little over a month from memory. It would have been much quicker without Brexit coming into effect that week. This all went down near the beginning of this year.

My takeaways from this experience is that their customer service is really good, and that maybe it's not a good idea to use these delicate and beautiful items every day for months at a time? But perhaps I was just unlucky. My unit is a slightly unusual art vapbong, I'm not sure how much that played a part in this. This vapbong is still my favourite vaporizer by a long way, and I'm so glad it's back and working great.
Sorry to hear that @Zuhdj. Definitely email Collyland and they will take care of you. @emily shared a thoughtful description of what it sounds like you might expect in this case. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery :peace:

vapirtoo

That totally sucks, but Collyland is quick to send out a shipping
sticker with instructions on international shipping. I had to stick three
invoice copies that said repair onto the outside of my package.
It took about three weeks turn around time.
I would love to know the proper maintenance and use of the coil.
Is there something we all are doing wrong?
This is my daily driver! VAS killer.

Felix Denzler

Manufacturer
@Sour Dream as @Shit Snacks already mentioned ( thanks alot for explaining ! ) i grinded the downside of the bowl so its laying properly on the table. this is sometimes the case because of the melted crystals. The Cappuchino Mint Glaze on the vase is sensibel for slightly higher temperatures so it sometimes melts more then i wish it to be also when the layers are thick enough.
I hope the rest is ok for you and i am glad that it arrived in one piece ! Let me know if it functions properly and if ure satisfied with it !

@Zuhdj when did u buy the vape ? i guess the problem is the heating spiral as it is in many cases. I am afraid it had a short circuit or something else went wrong while ataching the heating spiral with the cables. Contact Daniel and he will send u the label for Porto to Germany so i can repair the unit as soon as possible.
Sorry for the circumstances !
We are actually searching for someone u is willing to learn the repair process via Video from me so we have someone in the US to do the repairs.
working on it ..

have a nice day guys !

Best regards

Felix

Felix Denzler

Manufacturer
I am glad to explain some details about proper use and maintanace of the coil.

As i was using the vape for myself for many years i recommend the head to be of the vape while the
vape is not being used due to the moisture that the heating spiral could be exposed to if the head is in place.
That could lead to a slow corrosion where spiral and cabels are atached to each other. For that we use little stainless steel medal tubes which
we mechanicaly press together when the contact of the heating spiral and the stripped cable is done. If the corrosion is at a certain point the resistence of the heating spiral is getting higher and the higher it gets the lower the temperature will be.
This is probably the rarest case. In most cases there went something wrong while ataching the heating spiral. The process is made by hand and humans, not machines so there is still a little possibility of mistakes that can be done in this process. Its annoying and i fully understand the dissapointment in having a new bought vape that does not work. My appologies for that and my word that i will bring the most of my concentration when repairing it. All of the Vapes build by Axel and janine (and of course mine) are going to be repaired by me.

I am still not able to say this in general but my vape was in use and "On" 24/7 and i guess that is milder to the heating spiral then making it on and off several times a day. the electricitiy costs are very low due to the effectivly used 40 watts around.

What i can say in general is that there does not have to be any more important usage manuals to be in mind.
Dont expose the heating spiral to too much water for example when cleaning the vape. Maybe for some models this can be a bit
tricky but in that case it may help for some of u that i didnt clean any of the vapes i used in the past years, except for the inside of the chillum and the head with the coil. If waters comes in contact with the heating spiral i recommend to let it dry a little and then turn on the vape with max heat to burn out the moisture for some minutes. The heater is simple but effective.. such is the usage in my opinion.

There are vapes out that i build that have the same heating spiral for 5 Years or more still working fine. Some come after a short time with a defect. I talked to Axel, janine and Donald and we discussed the case to erase little mistakes and to solve the problem. I asure that we are doing everything to belittle the defects but im afraid that would not lead to a 100% sucess in building in the spiral due to the handy work it still is.

I hope this was some kind of understandable !

Best regards

Felix

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Perfectly understandable @Felix Denzler and very useful advice. I wish I was as fluent in multiple languages as you are.

One minor spelling mistake which is down to the nuance of English (please excuse my pointing this out but it provides extra clarity and is so pertinent):

'As i was using the vape for myself for many years i recommend the head to be off the vape while the vape is not being used.'

love mine and it's just warming up now as I have a mate coming over in a bit and I want him to try this beast for the first time..... Could get messy......

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
@Sour Dream as @Shit Snacks already mentioned ( thanks alot for explaining ! ) i grinded the downside of the bowl so its laying properly on the table. this is sometimes the case because of the melted crystals. The Cappuchino Mint Glaze on the vase is sensibel for slightly higher temperatures so it sometimes melts more then i wish it to be also when the layers are thick enough.
I hope the rest is ok for you and i am glad that it arrived in one piece ! Let me know if it functions properly and if ure satisfied with it !

[
yea I love it, definitely enjoy using this more than my other vapes. Had two people come over and try it and they were impressed. One owns a fp and the other a SSV

stonedmallone

Hmmm has anyone ever had an issue where a vapbong might be producing more heat than usual? After not using my vapbong for about a week I turned it on and noticed im getting roastier hits at 11.0 which before with mine wouldn't produce that. I assumed the coil was pushed down a little but so I tried adjusting it but it wouldn't really budge. It could also be that I've been hitting other vapes so my memory of the taste could be foggy.

Lots of variables!

stonedmallone,

SquirrelMaster

Hmmm has anyone ever had an issue where a vapbong might be producing more heat than usual? After not using my vapbong for about a week I turned it on and noticed im getting roastier hits at 11.0 which before with mine wouldn't produce that. I assumed the coil was pushed down a little but so I tried adjusting it but it wouldn't really budge. It could also be that I've been hitting other vapes so my memory of the taste could be foggy.

Lots of variables!
Higher ambient temp or different power supply?

SquirrelMaster,

stonedmallone

Higher ambient temp or different power supply?
It's definitely colder in my place that's for sure. But not sure how that would make it run hotter?

You know what, I moved the power supply next to my flowerpot PID, and they are basically side by side. You think radiant heat off each other might be messing with it?

stonedmallone,

SquirrelMaster

It's definitely colder in my place that's for sure. But not sure how that would make it run hotter?

You know what, I moved the power supply next to my flowerpot PID, and they are basically side by side. You think radiant heat off each other might be messing with it?
I mentioned ambient temp because I have mine in my garage and I notice a difference between summer and winter for heat up times. If it's colder in your room I would expect yours to be a little cooler.

Maybe it's messing with it but I'm guessing not. I'd space them an inch or two apart just to test the theory.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: chaos191

Texus

O

Oh yea that is a nice one, can’t wait to see pics once you get it
Yeah, in addition to the overall look and color scheme and curiousity about a Berserker (only design I have not tried), those little details blew me away. Coloring on the flower drawer the different magma types, the veritical bands with the little circles. Psyched.

Top Bottom