Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks @letter never sent I'll have to get the swamp volcano out for a full family photo at some point... It's been packed away since moving last fall, but it may visit the desert while the babies wait at home lol Think I'm actually missing an Aromatizer with a red orange or rainbow glaze, aside from the pipe dream octopus custom :drool: :lol:

Thanks! Yeah I really liked seeing that monsoon one recently, but I'm still satisfied with my choice here, love cool colors!

Yeah I just had my first hits, 10.5v without any water, some fresh sundae driver herbs, fantastic performance! However absolutely less ergonomic, having to pull the bowl towards myself with the mouthpiece there... I was using both hands instead of just my right like I normally would, which almost defeats the purpose of getting rid of the hole for better one-handed use lol I'm not mad at it though, just going to take some getting used to, I'll find something that works best for me... Again having more justification to keep both my Woodland Fantasy standard, my original Plum Jelly bandit, and this new Tahiti Grape is a little freeing for me haha

^ yeah I absolutely feel like it is more awkward, you have to pull it towards you instead of to the side, seems more risk to accidentally touching the heater sphere this way and I haven't done it with one hand yet... More to come!

PXL-20210430-015512315.jpg

NimChimpsky

Congrats on the safe arrival @Shit Snacks ! A shame about the first one but that fat mouthpiece is a badass upgrade and the glaze is amazing. Looking back at the first one, I def prefer this glaze (and of course it matches your BCG perfectly)! Interesting to hear your initial thoughts on the new heater placement, looking forward to hearing more as you get more time with it (and from those with the minis!) Love the OG 'Art of Vapor' signature!

Shit Snacks

Congrats on the safe arrival @Shit Snacks ! A shame about the first one but that fat mouthpiece is a badass upgrade and the glaze is amazing. Looking back at the first one, I def prefer this glaze (and of course it matches your BCG perfectly)!

Yeah both Tahiti match aquamarine BCG so perfect, but this one also matches the light amethyst as well! Large hematite BCG witth amber plate is a new addition, not bad looking either!

PXL-20210430-021336908.jpg

^speaking of glaze, here's a close-up of the other side that I don't think was visible in any of the other photos yet...

Interesting to hear your initial thoughts on the new heater placement, looking forward to hearing more as you get more time with it (and from those with the minis!) Love the OG 'Art of Vapor' signature!

So my second bowl in, water added (by the way it seems to take a lot more water than my other two! perhaps a shorter downstem, there's like 300ml in there now for proper bubbling) I am taking my hits one handed as usual, and no issue really... You want to be a little more mindful of the heater sphere it's true, however a really nice thing about the design now is it is totally ambidextrous bandit, pretty cool being able to use my left hand!! So fair compromise for everyone

PXL-20210430-021400445.jpg

PXL-20210430-021351517.jpg

^with and without flash, ball bowl attached, likewise below aromatizing some fine ground apple fritter (just added some fresh on top after three hits, as one does or should do lol) that went to the above conclusion:

PXL-20210430-024826467.jpg

PXL-20210430-024815448.jpg

Last edited:

Improvaper

I really like the depth of the glaze that you can't see in pictures. Video's show it off a little but it's best in person.

It's very true and I understand now. The combination of the mirror-like glaze with the darker spots that appear to be receding gives it a VERY 3D almost watery look in person that is truly impossible to capture.

Oh well, here's some clouds instead:

(I am now pulling the ball to clear as I'm getting used to placing it properly)

Shit Snacks

If anyone is wondering, these are my favorite Rogue tips for my aromatizer bandits! He has many other tips that work well of course, and so many different handles as well, plus colors, laser designs (do you understand why I have so many lol) if you message him he can make whatever combo you like! Most active on Instagram:

PXL-20210430-033616725.jpg

Yeah when the glass beads melt, depending on the temperature etc, create so much texture with the mirror smooth glaze solid colors... Then there is the way the light hits further affecting the visualization, such stoned wonderment! :whoa::leaf:

uulu5lr.jpg

Edit: now trying these Grape Runtz herbs for the first time fittingly in the Tahiti Grape:

PXL-20210430-084306835.jpg

PXL-20210430-084439142.jpg

Last edited:

Shadooz

It's very true and I understand now. The combination of the mirror-like glaze with the darker spots that appear to be receding gives it a VERY 3D almost watery look in person that is truly impossible to capture.

Oh well, here's some clouds instead:

(I am now pulling the ball to clear as I'm getting used to placing it properly)
Sry to be here and reddit :evil::rofl: :evil:

But it is my duty to post that gif :myday:

Nothing against you improvaper ;)

justcametomind

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

HOLY SHIT SNACKS, FELIX! :o:rockon:

Just as I receive a new design, thinking I have a good trifecta going, he pops up to show off these top-down bandits!!

Really trying to ignore it, but there is such temptation to reach out and try to reserve that cappuccino mint one (the third top-down bandit he showed) also that oriental carmel turtle one for that matter, and yeah the orange and blue colors of that cobblestone standard as well lol

I'm sure there will only be more exciting things to come, things are about to blow up... Daniel told me they have resolved the old website problem, it should kick over to the new one now! He also said they are thinking about splitting the site into two websites, one just for sales as a shop, and the other more of a blog where they can post without pay risks, a lot more freely...

He also listed many benefits to the new bandit design that I have, if anyone is interested? I figured I would end up saying them all myself here at some point, the ambidextrous aspect is quite a boon I dare say... And of course I cannot leave you without another photo of my glorious Tahiti Grape, some daylight showing a great viewing angle right now:

PXL-20210430-195919329.jpg

I was up late last night breaking it in, and it's calling my name today so I'm sure it will get warmed up earlier than usual, however I really have some work I need to do first! :ko:

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

I'm sure there will only be more exciting things to come, things are about to blow up...
I feel this as well! I had the same reaction to that new design by Felix and super excited to see what else is in store! I feel like the aromitizer heating system could be pulled off in a variety of cool configurations (as already demonstrated by some of Felix's past designs and now these).

Since you brought up the topic of Aromatizer tools.. I'll share a few pics of my favs, which also includes some Rogue tools (the 4 on the left). The little "Dash" scoop is perfect for loading/tamping the aromatizer bowl (they used to sell them with the Lotus but they are on Amazon). The scoop diameter is almost exactly that of the bowl so you can just dump the herb in a perfect dome and use the other end to tamp slightly or spread the load around.

Also, I used to never use the loading dishes but I have fallen in love with them lately and do a lot of loading with them in the aromatizer and a few other vapes! Def gonna get a couple extra with the next Collyland purchase I make.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Very nice collection @NimChimpsky! I am feeling a pull towards one of those blue acrylic handles as well, goes great with your mirror blue bandit! What material are those matching spoons?

@letter never sent that obsidian is so unique, must have been covered in the glass beads, seems it is mostly that color as opposed to the dark blue underneath, very cool!

Sorry I forgot to show off the other side of the coral puff herb dish, quite a crazy color, would have been a good choice for the octopus heater sphere that lives in my mind:

PXL-20210501-061658575.jpg

PXL-20210501-061649230.jpg

You can also see more clearly how different the Tahiti Grape came out compared to the first time with the original dish... The larger commercial kiln must now allow for consistently more uniformed higher heat to melt the glass beads further into the other glaze... Just cannot get over how nice the fit and finish is!

Settled into 10.8v tonight (at the end of last night I went up to 10.9 from 10.5, so after an hour or so 10.8 is where it settled in tonight) blowing through this large BCG full of medium ground grape runtz...

.d

I noticed none of you put their precious balls in something secure, I have been trying to find the perfect thing.
Anybody ever used stands or something for their bowls? Cuz how awesome would it be to have smth like a mini iron throne for your small ball?
Imaging smth like this: https://www.getdigital.eu/iron-throne-egg-cup.html
But like made for the bowl, and has a silicone inlay to fit genly.
Imma go and do smth!

DogBoy

know fear
...much to my surprise a Pagoda Green aromatizer arrived unmolested last night...the only notice was a package delivered notice...

...I was mildly dissapointed in mine cosmetically but it is already my favorite vaporizer ever...

...I could go on at length but you already know why and/or what to expect...it's all true...

...it resolves many of the issues involved in running an electric Elev8r...it is vastly more efficient...the Elev8r is aboot to be retired...

...I didn't find there was much of a learning curve...thanks to info posted here...

...I did have to remember to cover the carb hole...I thought it was defective at first... (d'oh!)

...I really like a proper carb that clears the bong w/o drawing from the bowl...this carb works like there is a valve in it...!!!...excellent...

...why would you not want a carb...?!?...

...another question I have that has most likely been answered is how do you remove the screen...?!?...it looks like it was molded in...

...I need to get away from this thing before I vape up all the weed in the house and pass out...

Last edited:

weedemon

enthusiast
I noticed none of you put their precious balls in something secure, I have been trying to find the perfect thing.
Anybody ever used stands or something for their bowls?

i have a wooden tray (with 2 inch tall sides and handles) that hold all my dabs together. the ball just sits in there, safe with the dabs when not in use! i agree though, since it's a t risk of breaking. def worth taking a step or 2 to protect it.

NimChimpsky

What material are those matching spoons?
They are actually ceramic! I randomly happened upon the brown one on etsy and was like, damn, that looks so much like my Gollum glaze.. clicked their store and saw the blue one too.. they were like $10 each how could I say no! They are pretty useless as actual scoops lol since they barely fit in the ball, but I have actually found a use for them in breaking up my nugs in the loading dish between hits (mortar and pestle style) rather than with my fingers when I'm doing unground sessions.

Love that coral puff glaze! We need a family pic with all 3 of your Aromatizers ;)

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Been following this thread for a bit and I have a serious question?!? How long is the lifespan of one of these? I'd have to imagine that whatever the heater is made of (coil?) It can't last forever.

SquirrelMaster

Anybody ever used stands or something for their bowls? Cuz how awesome would it be to have smth like a mini iron throne for your small ball?
Imaging smth like this: https://www.getdigital.eu/iron-throne-egg-cup.html
But like made for the bowl, and has a silicone inlay to fit genly.
Imma go and do smth!
That's awesome! I've never seen such a cool egg holder, I didn't think somethink like this existed.

...I really like a proper carb that clears the bong w/o drawing from the bowl...this carb works like there is a valve in it...!!!...excellent...

...why would you not want a carb...?!?...

...another question I have that has most likely been answered is how do you remove the screen...?!?...it looks like it was molded in...

...I need to get away from this thing before I vape up all the weed in the house and pass out...
The reason why many prefer there is no carb is because removing the ball acts like a carb and since it isn't recommended to leave the ball on (for long periods of time) plus removing it prevents vapor from going back towards the heater and wasted (and potentially condensing on the coil, I can't remember where we settled on that one) that's the route many in this thread take. It's all a preference, many EU owners like the carb.

To remove the screen just push it out, it comes out really easily. I take mine out, soak it in ISO and then rinse with water and my original screen is still going strong. I don't have extra's and they forgot to include more in my last order (requested but easy mistake) but this works well. I don't go through screens at all when I clean like this, they always look brand new after a clean.

...I am a bit concerned aboot the stiff wire coming out of it...
What concerns you? Do you find it getting in the way? That would be one small complaint I have as well, I'd prefer a higher strand cable that is more flexible.

NimChimpsky

Ay @Bad Dog! Since it's pretty simple tech (kanthal wire around a ceramic tube) there's not much that can degrade and those materials are very robust. There's been a few folks who sent in their units to repair broken ceramic or a heater connection that came loose, but I don't think anyone has reported the heater materials degrading so far (and the heating element I think could always be replaced). Of course, there must be some range of expected lifespan for it, but I think it will be pretty damn long. There are users who have reported keeping their aromatizer on for over a year straight with no issues!

DogBoy

know fear
...not only is the stiff cable unwieldy but it could put extra stress on connectors...could get kinked...

...some one was heavy handed with the melt crystals on mine...I would have preferred a lighter touch...

...that said the over all effect is subltely striking...

...thanks for the heads up on leaving the bowl on permanently...

Top Bottom