Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

rowbam

Warning: long post incoming, first usage report!

Hopefully this will be useful for anyone lurking and interested in the Aromatizer.

The first time I saw the Aromatizer, I thought it was ridiculous. That ceramic thing a serious vape? And off I went...

It was only a little while longer that I started wanting more power than my Solo 2 could provide. It just so happened that the Aromatizer could vape small amounts of bud for microdosing, or bigger doses if desired. It also would extract that faster with that powerful heater than a portable could. Before I knew it, I read most of the thread and was hooked. I placed my order in February and only had the most chill interactions with Collyland - it was like doing business with a friend I had never met.

Moving onto receiving it: it exceeded my expectations in form and beauty - I've never owned any artisan product like it. I had to hold off using it though due to a new job drug test situation ( Which I passed :rockon: ) to tonight, high as fuck from a tiny session (.10g maybe?). I let it heat soak for an hour at 11v, and using the method Dr. Colly showed in a video, I crumbled my bud after taking a couple of hits until it was done.

The vapor was ultra cool and deceptively strong. My bud is pretty dry, but it still tasted good - I wasn't sure my technique was the best drawing, because it was so effortless. Coming from a Solo 2, where it was like nursing a milkshake. This was as simple as breathing, with the intensity desired. I kind of fucked up and got my water level a little high, but a lesson for next time. :rofl:

I love the ritual of using the Aromatizer because it's so simple and satisfying. The little bud ball feels good in the hand and being able to stir the bowl is easy and effective, even being pretty high. Super happy with it and I had pretty high expectations for it to begin with (pun intended). Spelling words for this post was kind of challenging.

I want to give a huge thanks to everyone in the community - your usage reports and guides for stuff like voltage made using this brilliantly simple device even easier. Shoutouts to everyone at Collyland too for being awesome. The Youtube videos have me hooked even if I know three words of German.

Rowbam out. Fresh bowl incoming soon. :peace: It's wOOOOOORRRRRRRRRKing!

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Somehow managed to combust for the first time at 10.8-10.9 :'(

feels so bad, cleaned straight away, cant get the smell out... crying inside

honestly don’t worry about it. I combusted my first 3 bowls in a row. Rinsed out with some hot water and I’m pretty sure the smell was gone the next day. After a few non combustion sessions the taste goes back to normal also

NimChimpsky

Love it! And love that Pagoda Green glaze.

only had the most chill interactions with Collyland - it was like doing business with a friend I had never met.
Well said, this is exactly how I've felt with all of my exchanges with Daniel. And of course it's so awesome to get to know the artists a little bit through their videos and posts here etc.

The Youtube videos have me hooked even if I know three words of German.
Speaking of which - you might already know this, but for anyone who doesn't - YouTube has an auto-translate closed captioning function so you can translate their videos (it only works on pc, not mobile version). I think it's like 50-75% correct lol but def better than nothing!

rowbam

Speaking of which - you might already know this, but for anyone who doesn't - YouTube has an auto-translate closed captioning function so you can translate their videos (it only works on pc, not mobile version). I think it's like 50-75% correct lol but def better than nothing!
Good tip on the auto translate. I usually use it, but I think it takes time to show up on new videos.

It is still wOOOOOOOOOOOOOrking!

.d

Ugh sorry dude that sucks! Yeah with my new Tahiti Grape bandit, that's around where I'm settled or so, but I take extremely quick rips no more than 5 seconds inhaling if even that long... This is what I am used to so I have not really tested low voltage much, but that's the place to go if you want more long draws slow sip style... Hopefully the taste and smell will neutralize over time? Should be able to fully clean the glazed ceramic...
Yea over time i believe it should be gone... I will herb it over! :D did an ISO and water rinse once only, will use it a bit then again :)
Yea i took an extremely long, around 10 sec, and i see the bowl light UP! i was so scared like what the f did i do

how are you guys combusting so easily, the only time I got close was hot spotting on a 2.5gram bowl
I dont know how I did it honestly :( it was 0.1 in it, already hit once...

Spike11552

Does anybody own a version of vapbong with a carb and carb less? Or are the models without carbs the first time he’s trying this?

Spike11552,
Reactions: BigJr48

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I think the carb/carb-less discussion is moot.

Cover the carb with a bong cork if not wanted or anything else.

Bongs have a carb on most EU-style glassware, hence the carb on the Aromatizer (VapBong!!!)

I like the carb, feels more engaging for some reason

.d

I somehow made a hole in my steelscreen that came with the aromatizer while "cleaning" it with a triple torch vertigo lighter....
Just a warning, I didnt know that was possible... no jet lighter cleaning for me, ordered 10 new screens and only ultrasonic cleaner from now on.
Managed to get the smoke smell after an hour of scrubbing the bowl and bong, still has some little smells that will get out with use i think...

cheers

Spike11552

I think the carb/carb-less discussion is moot.

Cover the carb with a bong cork if not wanted or anything else.

Bongs have a carb on most EU-style glassware, hence the carb on the Aromatizer (VapBong!!!)

I like the carb, feels more engaging for some reason
I actually think I want the carb and was a little disappointed to hear his next batch is going to be carb less? Did I hear that right or is it going to be a mix of both?

vapirtoo

I have a vapbong and the carb is very useful-IMHO. Inhaling a huge rip without using the carb would make me pass out! (hypoxia?).
The carb allows air to follow the hit thus keeping me conscious. I think that this vape can deliver so much THC that it blocks the air sacs!
Been drinking two day old bong water with cranberry extract on my bike rides to good effect. That sweet spot with the ball is interesting
with me thinking that the seal on the bottom (cold air seeping in) is more important than a tight seal up top. My spot seems to be a jiggly space between two tight spots. I might use some raw thick ass honey on the bottom to make a better seal, but that could end up a real sticky mess.
I've been using this vape constantly for 7 days and all of my other devices are in the rear view mirror! I've alcohol soaked it twice, and it cleans up
easily.
One of our members had a malfunction and has not chimed in lately. I hope they are sorting them out. Repairs seem problematic, having to ship everything back. Other than that, I'm WOOOOOOKing!

I’m curious what others think about the VapBong’s vape signature vs. other vapes. Personally, I find the VapBong to be more “stoney” compared to my other vapes. It’s probably my favorite signature of all the vapes I currently own. Could just be in my head though...
Yes, especially my Bandit. It's a feeling that I can't get with any other vape.

vapirtoo

Letter never sent, After seven days of constant use,
I'm in agreement with the unique ," vape signature" of this device. Stoney, heady, cerebral, but can still put you to sleep with the right herb.
I'm really not in love with the openness of the draw with my low volts 10.8 pulls. They feel wispy, but come out really huge and very effective.
I've moved up to 11.2, but misread the pull and ended up coughing my head off. At 10.8 with the right sweet spot on the ball, I can pull without opening the carb and almost pass out. Only my Supreme V3 ever did that regularly. So now I use the carb much more often to prevent coughs and passing out. I'm still thinking about using honey :brow: to seal the bottom of the ball. See?! That is a stoney, heady thought and sweet to boot!
All in all, the ease of operation, and the results really make this atomizer shine. I know- HONEYMOON period. Time will tell.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I actually think I want the carb and was a little disappointed to hear his next batch is going to be carb less? Did I hear that right or is it going to be a mix of both?

I think maybe you are confused, bandits no longer have a carb but the standard still does, and if it is a pre-order piece you can request a customization for either perhaps paying a little more... Also this is not one man, it's not a "his next batch" most are made by Axel and glazed by Janine in Portugal (Jaxel) but Felix makes some in Germany too, and they may have more help than that too. Daniel is the one who runs the customer service email for the storefront...

So design of the standard aromatizer has not changed, bandits no longer have a carb and now have heater spheres across from the mouthpiece instead of on the side... Many other design variations have been teased here if you skim through, but who knows what will be available when, just have to keep eyes on the shop! All info is here too

Last night I actually ended up turning my Tahiti Grape bandit down after starting a little too high, distracted myself watching TV while taking a hit, y'all must have jinxed me because I took it a little too long and scorched a little bit! Fortunately it was not full on combustion so no cleanings necessary, flavors still fully pure, though I did swap out screen as it was pretty dirty now.

Yeah with voltage at 10.5 and above I think you're really going to want to do very quick short rips, below that is what you may be able to get away with a slower longer sip of a hit? It really is crazy how much favor you inhale, fun to try to hold it in, taking in more fresh air over it, before exhaling so you can absorb more of the goodies! Also this really is an aromatherapy device, it will fill up an entire room with that funky fog, aromatizin!

Last edited:

fak

The Dude
So I received my Mini and VB on Monday. I've never owned something that gives off this kind of an energy, they are truly special and quite beautiful. I've been using the Mini mostly as I haven't had a lot of time this week but have ran bowls through both. I find my mini runs a tad hotter than the VB, running it at around 11.1-11.3 after the heatsoak makes my AVB coffee brown after one-two hits, it extracts SO quick and chucks out clouds of vapor.

In terms of carb vs no carb, I find no difference really. The VB has the carb and the Mini doesn't, it's fun to go between them. The VB is a bit more open in terms of airflow but that's not saying the mini has restriction, it's just a bit more restricted comparatively. The VB just has SO much airflow that anything less is evident, but still leagues ahead of most other vapes airflow wise.

I'm trying to get into a flow of things, first few days I was a bit nervous as they seem a bit delicate being ceramic and all but I'm slowly getting more comfortable handling them.

Long story short, easily two of my favorite things (in general) I own by far. The quality and craftsmanship is unreal, as soon as I laid eyes on them I had a grin ear to ear.

Shit Snacks

So I received my Mini and VB on Monday. I've never owned something that gives off this kind of an energy, they are truly special and quite beautiful. I've been using the Mini mostly as I haven't had a lot of time this week but have ran bowls through both. I find my mini runs a tad hotter than the VB, running it at around 11.1-11.3 after the heatsoak makes my AVB coffee brown after one-two hits, it extracts SO quick and chucks out clouds of vapor.

In terms of carb vs no carb, I find no difference really. The VB has the carb and the Mini doesn't, it's fun to go between them. The VB is a bit more open in terms of airflow but that's not saying the mini has restriction, it's just a bit more restricted comparatively. The VB just has SO much airflow that anything less is evident, but still leagues ahead of most other vapes airflow wise.

I'm trying to get into a flow of things, first few days I was a bit nervous as they seem a bit delicate being ceramic and all but I'm slowly getting more comfortable handling them.

Long story short, easily two of my favorite things (in general) I own by far. The quality and craftsmanship is unreal, as soon as I laid eyes on them I had a grin ear to ear.

Great to hear! Though we would love to see as well, since you seem to have forgotten the photos... :whip:

rowbam

Second day of fun with my Pagoda Green, great success.

Got a better water level this time, and absolutely blitzed from another small (.1-.15) size bowl at 10.2v. Using the crumble method is really fun, I noticed that the extraction really kicked off when I got to a medium-rough grind of bud. Next time I'll see how grinding before hand goes.

The vapor quality is really nice and the massive heater really gives a "complete" high effect for me. I may be biased though coming off a 2 week break. OH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAH!

rowbam

Doing some experimenting tonight by starting off with a small amount and re-upping later. (.05g maybe? Didn't cover the screen, I need a scale!)

Super happy with the extraction, 2-3 hits and it was done. Feeling the effects more than I thought I would. This is one of the reasons I bought it and it's DOING it! :love:

Shit Snacks

Doing some experimenting tonight by starting off with a small amount and re-upping later. (.05g maybe? Didn't cover the screen, I need a scale!)

Super happy with the extraction, 2-3 hits and it was done. Feeling the effects more than I thought I would. This is one of the reasons I bought it and it's DOING it! :love:

Nice, I enjoy doing something similar, but after stirring before each hit I like to scoop a little more fresh greens on top too :drool::brow:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Are ceramics safe to use with “crazing”???

I’d consider my guts pretty resistant and seasoned worldwide to withstand any
cacarrea 💩 “street food”.
But I’d be way more careful when I’m using my lungs lately.
The older and more vaping I do, more tired lungs I get, but “bacteria growing in ceramic crazing” is something I don’t want to be inhaling from.
Im seeing a lot of “crazed ceramics” around here.
Sorry, but someone’s needs to bring that to attention.

Last edited:

doctapeppa

OAB is my most coveted vape of 2021.
Are ceramics safe to use with “crazing”???

This is because bacteria get into the little cracks and so storing food in this type of ceramicware is not safe because the food can get contaminated by those bacteria and make you sick if you eat it. Now, I don't think (you never know) anyone is storing food in their Vapbongs but I don't see how this would make vaping safe/unsafe. Maybe where you put your mouth, there could be some bacteria there? I don't know. I've never worried about bacteria on my smoking/vaping apparatuses.

Top Bottom