• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Cablue

of the 35 transactions does has anyone on FC itself ordered/received the new mothership clone from Kathy?

rBVaHFSOt7aAEG6AAAF5Ot7RUaI796.jpg

Super curious as to how this thing works as I've been rather un-impressed with the vortexing on some of the other recyclers. Also not a huge fan of the double barrel style, anyways. Would be really cool if someone could get a water video up with a milkshot included!!!

Erwin

88a6b8c04490da80e7a278dd8ab8816b.gif

The bulb of the globe makes it sit about 1/2 way down the banger...

My globe is actually broken (hence my experimenting with it), and the spot that broke off actually perfectly leaves the intake free, but I just checked it turned around 180 and it still worked fine.

The globe doesn't make a perfect seal, so you can't stop the airflow 100% - so the intake won't get blocked.
But it does make a good enough seal to be a carb cap :tup:
Awesome! Thanks so much for the detailed instructions. I'll have to find myself one of those domes and start playing around...
Mine comes in tomorrow damn does that suck. Is the quartz bucket thick to retain heat? I may contact her as well for a replacement if this is the case
I got my 18mm version, and its the thickest, most well constructed banger that I've had (3 from eBay, I like to drop my nails on tile...)

I'm sorry to hear that there have been some questionable QC. Kathy should make right on it. She's gone above and beyond for me a few times (I.E: remembering to include a gift that she promised me months earlier, replacing a bubbler with a crack in the joint that I couldn't get a clear picture of, etc)

mine doesn't fit 100%, but it does make a good seal. Overall, I was happy enough to order a backup. If the quality isn't up to par on the second than I'll let you guys(and 1 girl? Lol jk) know

4qwJkuG.jpg
As @vapordab said, the bucket itself is thick, even, and seemingly well made. I've been hitting it anyway and as for the bucket part, I honestly love it. Upon closer inspection though, I was correct when I earlier guessed that the joint wasn't completely round. It looks like it tapers to a slight oval towards the top (was probably squeezed slightly when still hot), thus it won't make a solid connection with the joint.

Kathy replied asking for pictures, which I sent to her. The imperfections aren't too clear in my pictures other than the fact the nail isn't fully seated on the joint, but hopefully that will be enough for her to send me a new one.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks for the pic @Stu ! but base on my GB is more convex than yours looks, so base of can itself is almost an inch off table - so maybe differences are between yours & my GB - not the FC's?
There is a noticeable difference between the "old" and "newer" GB-187s. Here is a side by side comparison between them (older model on the left).
AEza7aR.jpg

bcrTo0c.jpg

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
There is a noticeable difference between the "old" and "newer" GB-187s. Here is a side by side comparison between them (older model on the left).
AEza7aR.jpg

bcrTo0c.jpg

THANKS! Mine is newer (ordered 6? weeks ago) and looks more similar to the one on the right.

flotntoke,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
AEza7aR.jpg

Wow, didn't know there was this much difference in the First gen and second gen GB-187. As always, thanks for the pictures Stu, :tup:

How does the FC-187's can size compare to that of the Mobius Ion? I did a quick and dirty measurement with some string, the FC-187 vs the Mobius Clear, the Clear has 5-10mm more circumference.

I found my kitchen scales yesterday, 1st Gen GB-187 came in at ~1.01 Pounds, while the hefty FC-187 scored ~1.31 pounds, quite a difference.

NorthernHuskie

of the 35 transactions does has anyone on FC itself ordered/received the new mothership clone from Kathy?

rBVaHFSOt7aAEG6AAAF5Ot7RUaI796.jpg

Super curious as to how this thing works as I've been rather un-impressed with the vortexing on some of the other recyclers. Also not a huge fan of the double barrel style, anyways. Would be really cool if someone could get a water video up with a milkshot included!!!
@Jahfreeze ordered one a little while ago and we're just waiting for it to come in now. Looks very promising already though

breathe

People in this thread have occasionally talked about Chinese glass blowers different standards for what is an acceptable replication of a piece and what is just blatant creative plagiarism. I read this article last year I think and have always wanted to link it when people post about stuff like that. Just stumbled across it and thought I would share. It's about copycat architecture but is also semi-pertinent to this.

Interesting quote:
"China has cultivated a more permissive and nuanced attitude toward copying," Bosker says. "Though China also prizes originality, replication is not only permitted, but also valued as a marker of skill and ability."

Always interesting to get a little more insight into Chinese glassblower's general mindset.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...oring-chinas-replica-western-cities/273366/2/

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
It's been awhile friends!!! Such a great thread we have here, just 15 minutes saved me 85% on my glass purchases! Ok, bad jokes aside its been several months since I've purchased anything and I gave a bunch of China items away as Christmas presents so I'm looking to restock. I feel like a kid in a candy store, I want the ray gun, the honey bear, the nectar collecter, the ion clone, the fc187, a Klein recycler, drop downs, honey buckets, oh my oh my have I fallen behind. Thankfully you guys have kept up indeed!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I had to read through almost 50 pages to get caught up. Took me a couple of days.....
Ughh, I'm ashamed of myself I haven't even done that yet, just a few glances, I envy you and your awesome recycler connections! :nod::rockon:
Yes it has, wondering where you have been. Hope things are all good.

This thread sure does move fast, wish there was a way to break it up. Digging through 536 pages to find that one post is cumbersome, :(.

Did you see the Concept Glass Thread with the Pillar and the Diffusion Pump. :drool: :drool: :drool:
Coming soon I hope.
Thanks @Tweak all is good! Thanks for the link, my wishlist is growing larger now.:tup: I think we are all in for a Happy New Year!!:leaf::peace::leaf:

PoopMachine

Unfortunately Im no longer doing anything with Trey. He moved on to wholesale orders and didnt want to keep doing individual stuff. I think he's probably regretting that decision about now but we havent spoken in at least a couple of months. He told me "Ill call you tomorrow" and that was the last time I heard from him.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
OK, so this is the dewar from my broken FC-187. I thought this was pretty bad but not an issue as they were going to have to replace the piece anyway. Are you guys saying that they are all like this? Or if not this bad, they are all less than great?

2vb2det.jpg

I don't have the FC 187, but the dewar on my GB-187 is just as wonky, has too much glass, barely allows a solid connection.

Monsoon

Mailman came today with my FC-187 and Barrel to Funnel recycler! Both are solid pieces and I couldn't find any glaring defects and nothing that affects function. Here are my initial thoughts on each:

FC-187:

Thick glass, feels really solid, mouthpiece is perfect for me too. Stacks great but I do get splashback up to my lips if I'm not careful. Not ideal for dabbing, domeless is too close to my face for my preference but my Silika Sidecar and dome nails are better but on the airy side. Works perfect with my whip and Evo though so I may dedicate it to that in the long run.

Barrel to Funnel:

Thinner glass but it's a smaller piece, feels solid and well made. The angle of the mouthpiece has you looking straight down at the joint so I'd only use a side-car on this one for dabbing for safety. Lots of flavour, seems to cool the vapour more than diffusing it. I'll probably use this one more for vaping with the Evo+whip as it hits better with some restriction.

vapordab

Medical+FC=Recreational
Sunshine store has listed some sick new mini beakers(my latest GAS wallet hole)

I linked him the orange and green one from CleanClearGlass and expressed that a lot of people love and crave fully worked pieces but can't trust CCG and others to deliver and he assured me that he would have it copied.

A few weeks later and it is now listed, along with a sexy original black and white version
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/4-inch-glass-mini-dab-bong-wk-023/166180246.html

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/6-inch-glass-mini-dab-bong-wk-024/161615861.html

Qu894YZ.jpg

XmlArrR.jpg

Now that sunshinestore has shown initiative towards listening to consumer suggestions in terms of production and design to bring up making some full sized bubblers with worked sections.

I'm going to suggest to him a D020-D with a worked downstem and perc, wigwag on bottom of can and appropriately accented base and mouthpiece (sound good?)

NorthernHuskie

I linked him the orange and green one from CleanClearGlass and expressed that a lot of people love and crave fully worked pieces but can't trust CCG and others to deliver and he assured me that he would have it copied.

A few weeks later and it is now listed, along with a sexy original black and white version
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/4-inch-glass-mini-dab-bong-wk-023/166180246.html

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/6-inch-glass-mini-dab-bong-wk-024/161615861.html

Qu894YZ.jpg

XmlArrR.jpg

Now that sunshinestore has shown initiative towards listening to consumer suggestions in terms of production and design to bring up making some full sized bubblers with worked sections.

I'm going to suggest to him a D020-D with a worked downstem and perc, wigwag on bottom of can and appropriately accented base and mouthpiece (sound good?)
How are those mini beakers? I've heard they work really well for dabs since they're about as little surface area as you can get.

Personally I'd really like to see a 14mm version but keep the size the same. 10mm IMO is just too small and I have way more accessories and nails for 14mm.

NorthernHuskie,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

vapordab

Medical+FC=Recreational
How are those mini beakers? I've heard they work really well for dabs since they're about as little surface area as you can get.

Personally

I like them for that reason and a few others; They are easy to clean and reclaim from. Such a short path for the vapor to travel makes for some tasty dabs on a quartz banger which also sits at a nice angle on beakers. And all of this is not to mention the beauty of all the worked glass. Which the Chinese seem to mostly only use on tiny bubblers and little sections of massive waterpipes (This will change)

I plan to make a decent collection of only the most worked baby beakers on DHgate. The idea of having multiple beautiful functional pieces of artwork in a small area for a relatively low price brings me satisfaction, which after all is what I use cannabis for

NewVape

What a guy!

Qu894YZ.jpg

XmlArrR.jpg

Excellent I w just looking at those two last night and lamenting the fact that they were CCG. Thanks for getting Sunshine to do them.

weenstoned

Got my FC-187 today, first Chinese order I have received broken. Kinda think it may have been broken before it was shipped as the inner box didn't seem big enough to fit the sidecar arm. Messaged Steven about a re-ship.

weenstoned,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I've had no movement on the tracking since 12/18. I ordered it on 12/17. I think I was the 4th to pull the trigger.

Top Bottom