Cheap High Quality Bubbler

delta hotel

the gate link you sent has shipment from USA for fulfillment, switch to china and it works perfectly. Never get shipped from USA, you are way more likely to get dinged for taxes. China fulfilment has way less scrutiny from customs, we’re so dependent on stuff from abroad that it is looked at way less closely. But not sure why the link you provided has USA fulfilment as default, either cause you selected or its the default? But I have suspicions about vendors that have default USA shipping on gate, but it’s not always a deal breaker. The USA fulfilled shipper must have had problems with orders getting hit with tax and complaints from customers, to many bad reviews hurt vendors so that is why fulfilment from the USA shipper will not send to Canada, bad reviews.
I've seen items marked as fulfilled from US warehouses, and when you order shortly after you'll get a US tracking number, which won't move for awhile. The item was never in the US, it's not moving because it's being sent here. Once it arrives, it's usually received in a couple of days. In my experience, it's a LITTLE quicker than ordering an item that states itself as from China, but it's also very misleading, and may not be.

olivianewtonjohn

These arrived today. $9 shipped (bought a 14mm and a 18mm male - so no adapter needed for 14mm) . Took just under 2 weeks. Tracking didnt move for a week while USPS awaited arrival (guessing this is a way to make it seem US shipped when its not).

Anyways, for the price and quality I am happy with it. I would shop at smoke6 again

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
To be fair I did order from this seller before and I did have it shipped from USA, I was surprised it didn't arrive as quick as some stuff from China, but there were no other issues, I've never experienced extra fees for anything being delivered in the US honestly (but if you were shipping to Canada yeah risky extra cost) just for clarification :tup:
I have suspicions about vendors that have default USA shipping on gate, but it’s not always a deal breaker.
Suspicions I often have about many things but try not to make unfounded accusations that have no basis because I don’t have experience. Always good to be suspicious, and ask if someone does have experience. Best way to be careful but not blind due to a lack of facts :spliff::cheers::spliff:

ChronPain86

the gate link you sent has shipment from USA for fulfillment, switch to china and it works perfectly. Never get shipped from USA, you are way more likely to get dinged for taxes. China fulfilment has way less scrutiny from customs, we’re so dependent on stuff from abroad that it is looked at way less closely. But not sure why the link you provided has USA fulfilment as default, either cause you selected or its the default? But I have suspicions about vendors that have default USA shipping on gate, but it’s not always a deal breaker. The USA fulfilled shipper must have had problems with orders getting hit with tax and complaints from customers, to many bad reviews hurt vendors so that is why fulfilment from the USA shipper will not send to Canada, bad reviews.
I did try using china and still said can't ship to Canada

ChronPain86,
  • Wow
Reactions: Bad Dog

GratefulDread

These arrived today. $9 shipped (bought a 14mm and a 18mm male - so no adapter needed for 14mm) . Took just under 2 weeks. Tracking didnt move for a week while USPS awaited arrival (guessing this is a way to make it seem US shipped when its not).

Anyways, for the price and quality I am happy with it. I would shop at smoke6 again
Yeah that appears to just be a drop-shipping website. Nothing necessarily wrong with that though, as the prices look similar to what you’d pay on DHgate.

Bad Dog

I've seen items marked as fulfilled from US warehouses, and when you order shortly after you'll get a US tracking number, which won't move for awhile. The item was never in the US, it's not moving because it's being sent here. Once it arrives, it's usually received in a couple of days. In my experience, it's a LITTLE quicker than ordering an item that states itself as from China, but it's also very misleading, and may not be.
Suspicious I have about USA default shipping is the vendor is in the USA and selling at a marked up price. Anyone can be a vendor on gate and the market place can have corrupt aspects or crooked vendors. I have not had a issue with any vendor that may be USA based because I don’t buy cross border often with the possibility tax being charged, the fact that particular vendor had shipment blocked to Canada is actually a good thing because they realize that problem so it a responsible action on their behalf really and they still have the Chinese shipment option available.

market place structure can have issues though, I have no examples from gate but I do have one I saw on canadian Amazon. A non Amazon vendor was selling strike anywhere matches for $60 a box, in store the particular brand is $5 and the listing for the Amazon vendor was the top google result for that brand of matches, so always a good idea to double check things and be suspicious ime and imo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
... They have offered to send me a couple pieces for my help with the revised FC mod idea and advice on other pieces of theirs, so in addition to the FC mod base, I requested this new straight fab! It is a little taller and wider than the CaliBear it seems

PXL-20230801-224701659.jpg

These arrived quite quickly, and I have to say they did quite well with them after all!

Only slight flaw in the mouthpiece and one of the egg holes, a little impurity in the glass or unevenness to the connection, hard to notice unless you're really looking... Otherwise the female joint on the mouthpiece is a little wobbly, more so with the included mouthpiece than the one for my vertex, the included mouthpiece fits securely in the vertex meanwhile... Also indeed the base of the straight fab is a slight uneven wobble, it is not fully flat on the bottom since the base spreads out hollow, I will let them know both of these issues so they can improve for the future batches! Extremely minor problems that don't really affect function or anything so I would still recommend ordering them as is now honestly...

The new FC-Mod is pretty fantastic, basically in between the GooRoo 3piece and HD3 size wise with 18.8 mm (that female joint in the downstem is very secure without any wobble) and the holed perc is similar though not the same: it does have the same nine holes, but they are slightly smaller, and in three rows, still very nice and effective, just slightly different so I am glad I have both now! So far working phenomenally with Tetra and Halo...

The Straight Fab FOL is awesome fairly excellent, it is a bit wider and taller in the can compared to the CaliBear version so there is more volume (this makes it perhaps not as ideal for some portables but better for the desktop heavies) and it is a couple inches or so taller, partially from the wider flared hollow base, it feels nice in hand and on tables etc. Fortunately the mouthpiece is comfortable, it is still thick and flat, those slightly thinner than the CB version so better on the lips for me with less chance of drool lol and the neck inner diameter seems to be slightly wider as well, not noticeable visually or much physically, but it does seem like the airflow is better I think! Was also pretty great with Tetra and Halo, excited to try with Atlas as I think it really shines with the heavies more than the CB version...

I will say compared to other China glass, and even other pieces from SamL that I had in the past, the quality of these is a cut above, not just the function and form factor, but the actual build etc. I am pretty impressed and would say these, along with the side slit inline honeycomb, are easy go-to recommendations for pretty much any herbal vape someone wants to use through water :2c::tup:

GratefulDread

PXL-20230801-224701659.jpg

These arrived quite quickly, and I have to say they did quite well with them after all!

Only slight flaw in the mouthpiece and one of the egg holes, a little impurity in the glass or unevenness to the connection, hard to notice unless you're really looking... Otherwise the female joint on the mouthpiece is a little wobbly, more so with the included mouthpiece than the one for my vertex, the included mouthpiece fits securely in the vertex meanwhile... Also indeed the base of the straight fab is a slight uneven wobble, it is not fully flat on the bottom since the base spreads out hollow, I will let them know both of these issues so they can improve for the future batches! Extremely minor problems that don't really affect function or anything so I would still recommend ordering them as is now honestly...

The new FC-Mod is pretty fantastic, basically in between the GooRoo 3piece and HD3 size wise with 18.8 mm (that female joint in the downstem is very secure without any wobble) and the holed perc is similar though not the same: it does have the same nine holes, but they are slightly smaller, and in three rows, still very nice and effective, just slightly different so I am glad I have both now! So far working phenomenally with Tetra and Halo...

The Straight Fab FOL is awesome fairly excellent, it is a bit wider and taller in the can compared to the CaliBear version so there is more volume (this makes it perhaps not as ideal for some portables but better for the desktop heavies) and it is a couple inches or so taller, partially from the wider flared hollow base, it feels nice in hand and on tables etc. Fortunately the mouthpiece is comfortable, it is still thick and flat, those slightly thinner than the CB version so better on the lips for me with less chance of drool lol and the neck inner diameter seems to be slightly wider as well, not noticeable visually or much physically, but it does seem like the airflow is better I think! Was also pretty great with Tetra and Halo, excited to try with Atlas as I think it really shines with the heavies more than the CB version...

I will say compared to other China glass, and even other pieces from SamL that I had in the past, the quality of these is a cut above, not just the function and form factor, but the actual build etc. I am pretty impressed and would say these, along with the side slit inline honeycomb, are easy go-to recommendations for pretty much any herbal vape someone wants to use through water :2c::tup:
Very cool. Happy to hear the downstem on the FC-MOD is nice and solid. I think that’ll be my next purchase. :tup:
Edit: I just realized that you were referring to the female joint and not the actual downstem/29mm male. But either way, looks like a winner.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

I did try using china and still said can't ship to Canada
I can’t see your screen but I didnt have a problem changing the shipping location and then being able to select free shipping. Doubt it a provincial restriction But it could be. Try a couple more times, hopefully you’ll get it to work. There are 2 options for the colour though so try switching that and see if shipping allows, I don’t know what one you selected there either unfortunately , good luck 🤞

someTooL

So these landed...:

They're pretty cool, I guess, tho, it's not much more than a Yeti "knockoff" body... literally, it's pretty much exactly like my OG Yeti... maybe it seems a tiny bit lighter or weighted a hair dif, and the Blast top actually fits the Yeti a wee bit more snugly...? In other words, if you have an old OG Yeti-type spec body/can, all you'd need to buy is the top, mp and ds and you're good to go. It keeps ice for days if that's yer thing... not mine. Very little diffusion (just a straight open ended metal tube that's fairly HD). The "adapter" area that accepts 14mm, is kinda shallow and wide, so more narrow adapters won't fit tightly and may bottom out and are basically useless cuz of the air leak it causes. Ex. One of my Ol' Stubby DV stems fits fine, the other is too narrow and doesn't and is loose... useless! The glass mp that came with mine is a bit too big so it wobbles and leaks and is also useless, so they're sending another... no biggie. My daughter's is fine.

It could def be executed way better but I like it (def for 40% off), the fucker hits like a truck! Pics and vids (no energy for usage vids... yet):

Mine:
Hers:

My pics:

She loves her Ryot case and cheapo grinder, too!:
Overall, a recommended experience and product(s)...:tup::peace:
Thank you @Bologna for the review. I jumped on this too and share the exact details. Glass MP is useless (I haven’t reached out to them) but may try to add a oring. However I’ve found I like the silicone MP pretty well. I strictly have used it with an anvil WPA and it does great. Like you mentioned, no diffusion just straight chugger…well I’ve only used mine dry so far. Finding it nice for a quick out and about or even sits on my work desk better then some of the non discreet bigger glass pieces.

Shit Snacks

Edit: I just realized that you were referring to the female joint and not the actual downstem/29mm male. But either way, looks like a winner.

Oh, to be clear, the 18.8 mm female joint for the mouthpiece has the slight wobble, both the 18.8 mm female in the downstem and the outer 29 mm connection are extremely secure, and further clarification is that the whole downstem is extremely well made!

Shit Snacks

Oh crap.. now I have more choices - the newer 34cm straight fab, the smaller 24cm straight fab, FC-199 or the inline honeycomb perc.

Almost tempted to get a couple to try out if I can find storage space

The honeycomb is its own thing really, having the FOL inline is a nice substitute though, but yeah you'd have to decide which form factor you like the best... 199 is modular though it is shorter and wider with less fab, the smaller straight fab is only 14 mm I think? The larger one is 18 mm, so it depends what vape you want to use it with, perhaps to decide what size you want... And where you will use it exactly if you might want modularity? Might not need multiple!

Bad Dog

This arrived faster than expected and turns out is pretty nice. Will probably save me from $$$ upgrade for the time being.
That piece is beautiful but it appears to ba a metaphor 🤷‍♂️…….. or something else, edibles related reason 😉

Bad Dog,
  • Haha
Reactions: someTooL
Guess it depends on the vape and your purpose. The newer fab looks great for heavy hitting vapes
Tinymight 2, maybe an xlux roffu occasionally.

Tempted in that case to try the smaller straight fab with 14mm, then can always add in the FC-199 or larger straight fab with 18mm later on for the TM2 and keep the smaller fab for the roffu.

Although the last thing I need is an excuse to buy more things 😅

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
"Quickie-clean" day at Chez Bologna. These are the pieces currently called down from the cabinet for everyday use... the Welded Tater-Tot is also being used, but it's cleaning will have to be another day (much more "involved"):

Dirty (glass DV stems were already cleaned):

Clean (mostly, except for DV tips done after photos):

Pictured above:
OG Blast Shield w/top, DS, MP
Aqua Labs Tech "14mm Mini-Wax Rig"
Puffitup "Dewdrop Rig"
Biao.t /Greek Glass fumed "Sake Bottle"
'20 DV Ti tip w/'17 M Cap
'18 DV Ti tip w/4:20 Cap
2 O'Connell Woodworks Ol' Stubby glass stems
'Florence Benozzo Gozzoli' plastic rolling tray I stole from my bro in '83 (then let me keep), w/actual "Made in Italy" on back!
I nip bottle full o' Everclear reclaim

Here's the top to the Blast. You can see the rib that stops the DS from sliding up thru, I'm thinking I could just shave that way down to allow for more clearance with my one narrow DV glass adapter... Also thinking about sealing up the bottom of the DS and then drilling some holes for a perc like the 15-hole by Goo Roo or maybe just get a glass DS w/perc made to fit..!!:

Ol Stubby stem that fits in place:

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
@Samlglass Straight Fab arrived tonight! The can and cap are big, which almost make the mouthpiece look extra small visually. Everything is thick and even, the fab section is fantastic (attesting to mine), base is big but again looks visually small by comparison to the can, and mine is near as makes no difference to me flat. Mouthpiece feel is meh, nowhere near the worst, not particularly great. The perc inlet from the down stem is much better than the case for my V1 FC199! Also, I found a home for this TAG drop-down I snagged on clearance a while back; I had thought maybe it would work on the GooRoo but the side step is not enough, it looks much happier on this piece!

Top Bottom