Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This is extremely helpful! Thank you! Both these sites could use a bit more info and pictures, but maybe I'm too picky.. :-)

Yeah, reminder that the photos of the small inline on the GooRoo website are still incorrect, the current offering has a base (check this thread, or Instagram, or vgoodiez to see the most up-to-date picture of what it actually looks like btw)

I'm mostly looking to maximize flavor, but also looking for a nice experience. I like to run the octa dry and with water at higher temps. This is mostly GAS-driven, but I would be mostly using these with a halo and a couchlog. I'm pretty happy with the glass setup for my other vapes.

This sounds to me like you would want the Goo then, maximizing flavor with minimal diffusion if you use water, I think it would be great with Halo and CL for that... However if you wanted to use it dry more so, I think the egg would be better, as I said that's how I use my taller version a lot, although the smaller egg may not offer much extra cooling when dry... I think the CaliBear might be a little more different, something newer for you more different than the octa, the GooRoo would also be different than the octa, but thinking more broadly it would be a more similar experience for you, but maybe that is why it is better option?? If it is purely GAS driven hard to decide I could rationalize both this way haha

Frankly I'm not too sure about either of these mouthpieces. The MP on my spaceman is the worst part, but nothing is perfect I guess.

The MP on the spaceman is a 14 mm joint, annoyingly restrictive, but what type of mouthpiece are you using with it??

Yeah it's always going to be a sacrifice for the mouthpiece, sometimes you can mod it in some way at least, I think the goo has a smaller flared mouthpiece than the large inline does, I don't know if that's better or worse though, I would probably try to put my whole mouth around the flaring instead of kissing it... with the cali it is nice that it is not flared, but it is so thick that it is hard to put the whole thing in your mouth so you end up kissing it and drooling anyway lol (everybody get your mind out of the gutter)

Just want folks to know how much I'm enjoying my four column recycler after a month of use. Of my ten or so bubblers, this is now the one I reach for: Fantastic cooling yet excellent taste. Cools as well or better than my bigger and huge bubblers but tastes like my smallest bubblers. I think its because you have to put a lot of water in to get the best bubbling action so its not just vapor filling up empty air space. In spite of all the water, the draw is easy and smooth. Only thing I don't consider 110% is the 14mm joint, which is a bit wobbly. Still, this is great fun with flower and dabs for those of us who need lots of cooling/tempering/filtering but still shoot for milky hits. From DHgate for less than $40. In a store, I'll bet this thing would be close to two hundred dollars. Thanks again SS for the suggestion.

Pleasure my dude, I also enjoy mine, I think I will be selling the silver fumed pillar rig with inline perc, this one functions a bit better for me with the drain and I like the mouthpiece a little more, but I have the same issue with the 14 mm female joint being pretty wobbly unfortunately... Cannot complain at this price though! Good for dabs and herb vaping

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think the CaliBear might be a little more different, something newer for you more different than the octa, the GooRoo would also be different than the octa, but thinking more broadly it would be a more similar experience for you, but maybe that is why it is better option?? If it is purely GAS driven hard to decide I could rationalize both this way haha
Since I am just trying to justify one over the other, for no good reason, I think I will go with your reasoning for the CaliBear lol.

The MP on the spaceman is a 14 mm joint, annoyingly restrictive, but what type of mouthpiece are you using with it??
I would probably prefer the 14mm joint version, but mine has a built-in MP like this:
spaceman.jpg

Yeah it's always going to be a sacrifice for the mouthpiece, sometimes you can mod it in some way at least, I think the goo has a smaller flared mouthpiece than the large inline does, I don't know if that's better or worse though, I would probably try to put my whole mouth around the flaring instead of kissing it... with the cali it is nice that it is not flared, but it is so thick that it is hard to put the whole thing in your mouth so you end up kissing it and drooling anyway lol (everybody get your mind out of the gutter)
Now I am thinking that I would prefer the MP on the goo. I guess it is like you said, they both suck, just differently. :-)

Thanks again for the insights. If I were a serious glass connoisseur I would drive down to Portland this week but I think my boss would not consider it a good use of my time. Lol.

Shit Snacks

Since I am just trying to justify one over the other, for no good reason, I think I will go with your reasoning for the CaliBear lol.

Yeah, and if the price is right of course, ask them for no logo if you want and if they can...

I would probably prefer the 14mm joint version, but mine has a built-in MP like this:

Oh! I had no idea they had one like that, I see the perk is slightly different too, okay in that case it is actually a similar form factor to the CaliBear despite the different mouthpiece, perc and no egg (this is a little shorter can but longer mp I guess?

Now I am thinking that I would prefer the MP on the goo. I guess it is like you said, they both suck, just differently. :-)

Haha yeah, I actually think the goo could be a bit better than what you have now that I see it, I think it flares out a little less but will be super thick, just different angle flare too, it could work well in multiple ways perhaps for you...

Thanks again for the insights. If I were a serious glass connoisseur I would drive down to Portland this week but I think my boss would not consider it a good use of my time. Lol.

Haha yeah my pleasure as always my friend! I know people in Portland but I'm not going to have them research for me either lol but yeah now that I see the piece you're working with, I could see a case for the goo, being sidecar style, the holy inline perk, but it is true I think the Cali satisfies being a complimentary piece as well... You'll probably end up with all three someday!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Haha yeah my pleasure as always my friend! I know people in Portland but I'm not going to have them research for me either lol but yeah now that I see the piece you're working with, I could see a case for the goo, being sidecar style, the holy inline perk, but it is true I think the Cali satisfies being a complimentary piece as well... You'll probably end up with all three someday!
Yeah, that's the true part. I might end up with all three this month lol. My other glass is more custom, but that Octa was a cheap surprise. (Also, I have my pre-order in for a CC Prophet, but that's a whole other thing and the wrong thread.)

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I mostly use mine dry, because the mouthpiece kind of ruins the whole piece, it restricts the airflow so much, also it's got a big flat ring without any flaring (I hate most flaring so that is sort of good, but it's such a big thick piece in the mouthpiece is narrow, drool magnet) However it is also good with water, the FOL perc is quite nice and effective, the straight fab egg has a lot of cooling as well (which is why it is great without water too) but I tend to use specific things with it, like Tetra has such wide open airflow it can handle it well, probably good with splinters and I would think the anvil as well?? A lot of people really like it for dabbing, I think it works well for conduction vapes, but yeah I also used it with Atlas and Halo, it is definitely an all-around solid and versatile, useful piece, just be aware of the flaws :tup:I do plan to keep my milk blue color one despite all the other glass I have and probably use more frequently...

Yeah it is a nice size, like 11 inches tall give or take? Large fab egg!

This is actually the FOL perc btw (they are used interchangeably a lot, but technically SOL is the one with the holes on the sides laser cut in a different pattern) and it does have quite a bit of diffusion, it is not like using a slitted ratchet fountain perc, it has more diffusion than that, though less than a fountain honeycomb or gridded inline? It does kind of work like a fancy fountain inline with a good balance of flavor and diffusion though, I'm not so sure if the fab helps preserve flavor when you are using with water, but dry it is of course going to!

Yeah just be mindful of the airflow like I said, since I don't have those two I can't say for sure how well it will perform... I think it would be great with a regular log vape, but ball injector vapes may not be the ideal for it, like I said I enjoyed using it with my atlas a little but it is far from a go-to for the reasons mentioned above? I'm not sure I have tried it with any torch vapes though yet...

Ah, well let's see that one then! I think inline triple donut also has quite a bit of diffusion, if it is what I am imagining, I would think more of a simpler inline to handle the less diffusion flavor retention you are after? But I'm sure you'll put everything through its paces and find out for yourself then share with us here, perhaps with videos! :whip:
None, it is too restrictive for anything but dabs for me and I have better for that use. :2c:

It is a weird mouthpiece...luckily it is the only glass in my collection with it as it never feels quite 'right'
Thanks for your thoughts, guys. SS, I kinda remembered you getting that milk blue one so I went back and read through again and see that although you seemed generally positive, you did mention that neck right from the start. I wish I had focused more on that, as that doesn't sounds great. I dislike those mouthpieces too, but I can deal. I'll try a variety of vapes wet/dry and see how I feel about it. Hopefully I'll find something fun to do with it. (I have an Anvil on the way, so I look forward to trying your suggestion.)

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to share videos, but the B. Wilson is a pretty nice piece. I also don't have a mirror convenient, but there are a couple function vids I've found and they look like how it feels: open, bubbly, splashy. It is well cooled and diffused overall, but it's not super smooth and frothy. The inline has few (5), sort of wide slits centered under the neck for the donuts, so it seems to produce fewer, larger bubbles than my smaller inline reclining bubbler, for example. The bubbles rise up into the bottom half of the donuts and explode. Vapor ends up being surprisingly cool, moist, and tasty. It functions well with the Hot Rod, Couch Log, and Vong. I'll have to try it more with my torch vapes but the joint is pretty close to my face.

I fill it with about an ounce of water, to about the top of the inner perc tube (reservoir about 85% full). I've tried it filled just below, into, or to the top of the neck between the perc and the donuts and it chugs quite a bit more but it seems to function fine with no water making it up into the neck even on a strong pull. It's been a long time since I've used a straight tube, but that is what it reminds me of, I think: minimal water, easy draw, gurgly.

If I could change one thing, I think I'd like the downstem further away from my face or at an angle. I think it's straight to keep the donuts functioning optimally, but since the inline stays submerged, I would like to be able tilt it to use torch vapes more comfortably.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Just want folks to know how much I'm enjoying my four column recycler after a month of use. Of my ten or so bubblers, this is now the one I reach for: Fantastic cooling yet excellent taste. Cools as well or better than my bigger and huge bubblers but tastes like my smallest bubblers. I think its because you have to put a lot of water in to get the best bubbling action so its not just vapor filling up empty air space. In spite of all the water, the draw is easy and smooth. Only thing I don't consider 110% is the 14mm joint, which is a bit wobbly. Still, this is great fun with flower and dabs for those of us who need lots of cooling/tempering/filtering but still shoot for milky hits. From DHgate for less than $40. In a store, I'll bet this thing would be close to two hundred dollars. Thanks again SS for the suggestion.

Screenshot-20220308-005214.png
So this little recycler could be a small Anvil piece ya think? I've been enjoying my Anvil with the gooroo large inline but the Halley factory second recycler I got from the vapexhale liquidation won't recycle with the Anvil's airflow and it wasn't handling big hits well at all. Still need to find a home for that Halley but with a chip on the outside of the mouthpiece I'll only be trying to recoup my shipping
Looks like the Calibear small straight fab was eligible for 30% off (with the code CB420-30% ). So it was cheaper than I figured originally. We'll see how it works out when it arrives! I did forget to ask for no logo. Oh well.
I'm glad you ended up not buying the small inline from Gooroo: it's too small, only functions with like a spit of water without splashing and just seemed more like a christmas tree ornament than a proper glass piece. You were gonna use it with an Atlas and a CouchLog? I can't imagine it keeping up with those two
Yeah, it's a pretty ugly break and kinda tippy when full so with that and the sharp edges it's just requires too much attention. Tho I pulled it out to take the picture so I had to to put it to use and I miss it for a good reason.
break.jpg
Aww man, if this were me I'd just make a clean break, as it were, and get another large inline during the sale. Once I got rid of the hopelessly undersized small inline I got the large with the holes pointing down and no logo and it's been my only active bubbler - not that I have much experience buying or using them. It works a treat with the Anvil and TM

Shit Snacks

So this little recycler could be a small Anvil piece ya think? I've been enjoying my Anvil with the gooroo large inline but the Halley factory second recycler I got from the vapexhale liquidation won't recycle with the Anvil's airflow and it wasn't handling big hits well at all. Still need to find a home for that Halley but with a chip on the outside of the mouthpiece I'll only be trying to recoup my shipping

I'm sure it would be fine, but it is a much different type of recycler, and you might be annoyed by the wobbly female joint?? I wouldn't rush in just yet if I were you... Mine works well with drop-down adapter though, and yeah it's a solid piece, just depends what you want really...

I'm glad you ended up not buying the small inline from Gooroo: it's too small, only functions with like a spit of water without splashing and just seemed more like a christmas tree ornament than a proper glass piece. You were gonna use it with an Atlas and a CouchLog? I can't imagine it keeping up with those two

He actually said Halo, not Atlas, but you've never tried the small inline, so I don't think you should trash talk it as much as you do ;) remember the last time I brought in @AJS for the counterpoint since he is loving his with the herborizer! :whip:

coolbreeze

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm sure it would be fine, but it is a much different type of recycler, and you might be annoyed by the wobbly female joint?? I wouldn't rush in just yet if I were you... Mine works well with drop-down adapter though, and yeah it's a solid piece, just depends what you want really...

He actually said Halo, not Atlas, but you've never tried the small inline, so I don't think you should trash talk it as much as you do ;) remember the last time I brought in @AJS for the counterpoint since he is loving his with the herborizer! :whip:
No I bought the small inline first and disliked it with everything. I'm surprised anyone here digs it: it's like an $80 sipper bubbler

That's the one! I love it. They make one with a recycler, too.
That's very cool looking

Shit Snacks

No I bought the small inline first and disliked it with everything. I'm surprised anyone here digs it: it's like an $80 sipper bubbler

Okay my bad, I had a vague recollection you might have done that, but forgot and posted anyway. But yeah for minor diffusion with minimal water, sidecar style, a lot of people like those quick sips... Also it is much cheaper than that on sale of course :tup:vgoodiez is selling them now too, did a video with the titi that looked quite good, he also has the version with the color horns base...

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Okay my bad, I had a vague recollection you might have done that, but forgot and posted anyway. But yeah for minor diffusion with minimal water, sidecar style, a lot of people like those quick sips... Also it is much cheaper than that on sale of course :tup:vgoodiez is selling them now too, did a video with the titi that looked quite good, he also has the version with the color horns base...
Yeah but fuck that small inline 😂. It's been approximately one pandemic now and gooroo still have that dumb old pic up with no base shown and no sense of how small it is

Shit Snacks

Yeah but fuck that small inline 😂. It's been approximately one pandemic now and gooroo still have that dumb old pic up with no base shown and no sense of how small it is

Haha I know, at first Scott had that photo on his site too, but then he updated it fortunately! I even told GooRoo via IG comment how much they need to update their website especially the photos, and their reply was that they hate doing that basically, they'd rather spend more time making the glass than photographing it, although they post some stuff on IG regularly, and even though it's literally been years since they tried to update site photos at all I think?? :rofl:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Aww man, if this were me I'd just make a clean break, as it were, and get another large inline during the sale.
I will admit that I am sorely tempted to do just that, but after getting that BCG and one for my brother I am out of $$.
Haha I know, at first Scott had that photo on his site too, but then he updated it fortunately! I even told GooRoo via IG comment how much they need to update their website especially the photos, and their reply was that they hate doing that basically, they'd rather spend more time making the glass than photographing it, although they post some stuff on IG regularly, and even though it's literally been years since they tried to update site photos at all I think?? :rofl:
It would be really interesting to know how much of their stuff is sold online and how much they sell from their shop. If the vast majority is from their shop, the photos on their page become less important and mostly draw customers in. As many may know I have had some problems with them, but I really do love what they make so those issues I've had become less important.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Still used exclusively as my glass piece, the D020-D passed down to my bro.

The way it pulls, the consistency, and the flavor is significantly better with the inline.

Where it struggles is if you want to pull fast on high heat, you'll feel (at least I do), the heat hit my throat and it's a bit scratchy. I just adjust my usage style. Also, it's just naturally harsher with less percolation.

Every piece has its tradeoffs and just finding the balance that works best.

Shit Snacks

Somebody stop me...

Funny, I could use that too, I'm not sure if I posted them here, but I did in the heady thread (actually I remember I did post them here but that was because a price was super low and turned out to be inaccurate lol) and they do qualify here as they have plenty of cheap glass available! Curated Flame:
Stuff isn't listed on the website currently, but they have posted various pieces on Instagram, and are very quick to reply to messages there if you want to ask for photos of what is in stock in a certain type of category... There is 20% to 42% off sale going on now and shipping is very reasonable!

So this special Horn and Tail bubbler is what I am getting, with a big discount from 175 to $100, had my eye on it previously... I saw a nice inline to frosted egg rig that is below $60 as well for example btw they have a lot of tubes and other things for very reasonable prices, cheaper than that!

and check out this awesome drop-down adapter, that works with both 14 and 18 mm sizes!
Screenshot-20220419-142323.png

Also grabbing this cast resin ashtray that has the sticker he made featuring his dog in it, I've been needing something good for dumping my bowls since I just use the table mostly lol
Screenshot-20220419-144656.png

All together shipped $125 and he is probably throwing in even more freebie extras since he is such above and beyond good dude, highly recommend supporting them!! :tup:

Meanwhile, the clear klein incycler with opaque white and light blue accents, that I found here:
Only has modest discounts going, need to spend more:
Screenshot-20220418-174907.png

But they let you make an offer on anything, with an instant counter offer, so I could save $4, and get this piece for $46 shipped:
Screenshot-20220418-171706.png

I think it is the last thing on my watch list, for something new to try, in this unique style... Although I am supposed to be done damn it!!:rofl: :mental:

Last edited:
Top Bottom