Cheap High Quality Bubbler

iammyself

I like to have a bit higher water level in my Rattle Cans (level with the top of the 45 cut perc) to get a bit of stacking or do you tilt the bong as you use it to cover the perc?
Thanks for the tip. No, I haven’t been covering the top completely. I’d filled it to halfway up, and left it there. I’ll go try it filled to the top of the 45° cut tube.

iammyself,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I think I might keep the 14mm ratlle can. :rolleyes: It does actually deliver good hits with flower once you learn how to hit it.. It was making me cough too much but I added more water so it comes to the tip of the inner tube's end and now it's OK. It does do what I bought it for, which is minimal drag resistance. Very neat bubbler. The one I got is also a very well made piece, almost completely straight and symmetrical, and I love the design with the spherical bulge where the mouthpiece joins the bubbler chamber. The only downside is I can't fish out globs of oil with a piece of wire as easily as I can with the d020 :razz:

Haze Mister,
Reactions: LesPlenty

iammyself

Yeah, the inner tube is full of water too and the vapor has to percolate down and then back up.
I think it’s almost like there’s a little bubbler that’s water cooled by the majority of the water that’s on the outside. It seems like that would maximize cooling while minimizing the total amount of water and surface area for condensation to occur. It could be in my head, but it think the vapor is as cool as a larger bong, while maintaining flavor like a small bubbler.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Anyone have any dealings with website: Greek Glass Shop?

The similar rig on the Calibear site is not in stock. Found this for $95, I want to try a recycler style, as well as a SOL perc., this has both. My preferred rig would be an “internal” recycler, but I don’t know what the difference is, other then the one glass pipe that goes outside the rig, then back into it?

I like that the website is honest about the source of the glass. While I can find similar rigs on DHGate, none have the SOL perc.

QUOTE FROM SITE:

“Clearing things up immediately, NONE of my products are made/sourced from Greece. Most of my products are from independent workers in China, and occasionally I will have some work from American artists.”

tb42091

I've used them for reasonably priced import quartz bangers and sapphire pearls - they do some extra quality control once imported too, so IMO the bangers are more consistent than on DHgate. Quick shipping too. Though I haven't gotten glass, I recommend them for sure. I've heard good things from other people who ordered rigs from him though, and he seems to buy through Biao/mlglass and CCG/Calibear style seed of life percs.

The similar rig on the Calibear site is not in stock. Found this for $95, I want to try a recycler style, as well as a SOL perc., this has both. My preferred rig would be an “internal” recycler, but I don’t know what the difference is, other then the one glass pipe that goes outside the rig, then back into it?

I like that the website is honest about the source of the glass. While I can find similar rigs on DHGate, none have the SOL perc.

QUOTE FROM SITE:

“Clearing things up immediately, NONE of my products are made/sourced from Greece. Most of my products are from independent workers in China, and occasionally I will have some work from American artists.”

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I like to have a bit higher water level in my Rattle Cans (level with the top of the 45 cut perc) to get a bit of stacking or do you tilt the bong as you use it to cover the perc?
I have gotten in the habit of filling the RC to the point where about 3/4 of the 45° air outlet is covered. I then tend to tilt the the piece forward a bit so the outlet is almost or completely covered. I want to be sure that the bubbles stack enough to keep the glass wet so that the CE in the water keeps the glass clean. Works very well...
rattle perc.jpg

Gigsabits53

QUOTE FROM SITE:

Never dealt with them before but that looks like a decent rig. Im looking for a new dab rig myself.

tb42091

I broke my popularglass/stevenlmz stereo-matrix a couple months ago and, in addition to ordering a replacement, I decided to upgrade. I'm not exactly sure where "cheap" ends, but after months of watching Instagram (@designersci) for a drop I managed to grab a Designer Sci Gridded Inline Bent Neck for 180 shipped (150 if you could pick it up in person). They do scientific glass, occasionally with some colored work (runs into the $400 range). They used to do custom pieces but now it seems they became popular and they are focused on wholesale orders from shops.

This is probably superfluous, but for some background - when I was younger (16-22) I bought and used American glass, I had a few Sky Glass, JBD and Phire pieces. After breaking like 750$ worth of my own US glass I decided to treat glass like a consumable and started buying import glass.

After I broke my stereo-matrix I decided to look around for some reasonably priced US stuff and I finally found Designer Sci like 6 months ago. Unfortunately, it was sold out everywhere. So I decided make a blank IG account to follow them on instagram, I missed the last drop in June I think and it all sold out pretty quick. Fast Forward to last week, the company made a post saying where the next drop was going and I DMd the shop like 24 hours after the drop and there were only 2 of the bent necks that I was looking for left so I immediately jumped on one of them. Paid by Venmo on Wednesday (kinda sketchy w/ no buyer protection but it was a brick and mortar store in Nebraska and Designer Sci promoted them so I was trusting) and it was shipped USPS Thursday and arrived Monday.

Anyways, this thing is exactly what I was looking for to use with my flowerpots. It is a very similar layout to the stereo-matrix but the joints are straighter, welds prettier, the diffusion is way more consistent and there don't seem to be thin spots like there are on the China glass.

I will have to post again when I can take a flowerpot rip out of it. I've been visiting my parents in MD for a couple months now to help around the house during the second wave of covid and all my vapes/flower is back in CO. I am surviving on concentrates and my DTV4 :science:

TL;DR - Got a new piece from Designer Sci for 180$ shipped. It is a high quality piece for a reasonable price, but you kind of have to watch Instagram to get your hands on one. I definitely recommend them though.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I haven’t followed this thread in a while, but I know a lot of people have gotten increasingly nice glass from China. I have always bought US stuff and have a great collection. Right now I’m looking for some nice, cheap items for my store.

I plan on reading through the thread and figuring out how to buy some nice items, maybe bubblers, bongs, etc. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d love to hear it. This thread is huge now, so any help would be great!

arb

Semi shaved ape
Be polite but firm with our Chinese friends.
Communicate you are reselling so any flawed units will be returned,expect flawed units.
Deal with established companies with 99% approval or better.
Pay attention to detail regards sizes,thickness and weight as sometimes they ain't the same.
👌

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d love to hear it.
Rattle Cans are great, all the DHGate versions except the 14mm Male jointed version are great.
Don't try to save a few bucks by getting this one,
All other Rattle Cans from,
and from,
are great.
CCG have some nicer stuff with US stock too, not as cheap as some though,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Is there any FUNCTIONAL difference between the EXTERIOR versus the INTERNAL versions.
I find no functional difference. But the klein allows you to get most of the water out whereas the incycler can be more difficult to get all the water out depending on how close the holes are to the top of the can.

bizwaxzion,
Reactions: tb42091

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I find no functional difference. But the klein allows you to get most of the water out whereas the incycler can be more difficult to get all the water out depending on how close the holes are to the top of the can.

Thank you for your help. I’ll order the Klein model then.

DHGate RATTLECAN UPDATE: I wrote Steven of Popular Glass, on the DHGATE site you can send messages to the vendor, and though it says you can “attach photos”, there was NO way I could find to do that. With back and forth with some rep., I had to leave my email address, and I was then contacted, and sent the same photos I posted a few posts back in this thread, showing how bad the glass joints were and misaligned. Low cost aside, it looked like beginners workmanship. I figured it’s best to follow up, otherwise the quality level we accept just gets lower and lower. While my Rattlecan is ugly, it’s functional, and I have no plans on shipping a $50 rig back to China.

I’ll report back here, if I ever hear back!

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
T
Rattle Cans are great, all the DHGate versions except the 14mm Male jointed version are great.
Don't try to save a few bucks by getting this one,
All other Rattle Cans from,
and from,
are great.
CCG have some nicer stuff with US stock too, not as cheap as some though,
Thanks! I used to post here all the time and I forgot how helpful this community is! I am looking for something cheap, but nice that I can add to my site. Something that compliments my slide stands and hippie T-shirt business :)

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Be polite but firm with our Chinese friends.
Communicate you are reselling so any flawed units will be returned,expect flawed units.
Deal with established companies with 99% approval or better.
Pay attention to detail regards sizes,thickness and weight as sometimes they ain't the same.
👌
Thank you for this advice!

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist

Greek Glass is giving away (ends Sunday) one of these kleins on IG. Follow him and enter if you are feelin lucky...

Kavix0

So I've been waiting for almost 2 months for my TinyMight to ship and I think it's finally almost time. I'm looking for two good pieces to use with it(eventually, after DHL shipping times :) ) with a WPA. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm looking at probably a rattle can(if someone thinks one is better than the others that'd be good to know), and maybe a torus/klein/matrix sidecar or something like that. Here's a few I've looked at so far, if anyone has some input it would be greatly appreciated, especially if you use it with a Tinymight! I currently own a crappy like $30 beaker bong I got from a head shop, and I don't know a ton about bubblers, so if any of these are a bad decision I would love to know!

PG5213
PG5089
PG5029
GB446
D020-D

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Has anyone tried these?
high-artistic-value-and-collection-value.jpg

Top Bottom