Cheap High Quality Bubbler

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I get your concerns, but without DHGate and similar sources I would have very little glass. I don't support and would not buy labeled knockoff glass that is pretending to be from the original creator, but I have no problem with copies. Nobody is going to mistake my Steven or Yingmin5 or Sunshine Store glass for the original vendors. For the most part they aren't even close. They may (I hope) function well, but their fit and finish is not on the same level.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
They may (I hope) function well, but their fit and finish is not on the same level.
Function has to be taken into considerationl. You may think something performs well, based on your experience... but if you have never hit a real Mobius or SeedOfLife perc, then you really don't know what you are missing. Sure the knockoffs look close, but a lopsided perc from Yingmin5 is never going to fire as even and as smoothly as the Real Thing.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have high end custom glass and and a shit ton of Dhgate glass.
I break a bit of it and use it hard so I buy multiple China pieces if I like a design.
Wide quality variation but when I can literally get ten units for half the price and I know breakage is the ultimate end,I definitely go Chinese for 99% of my purchases.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Function has to be taken into considerationl. You may think something performs well, based on your experience... but if you have never hit a real Mobius or SeedOfLife perc, then you really don't know what you are missing. Sure the knockoffs look close, but a lopsided perc from Yingmin5 is never going to fire as even and as smoothly as the Real Thing.
Oh, I absolutely agree that the performance in most cases of the knockoffs won't be as good, maybe not even close to the original makers. But that is really the point. I am willing to accept the lower quality for the lower price. If I had to pay $500 for my Mobius I just wouldn't be able to have it. The Chinese vendors make it possible for me to own interesting and functional (even if less so) glass to enjoy. As long as they aren't pretending to be Mobius I have no problem with it.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I get your concerns, but without DHGate and similar sources I would have very little glass. I don't support and would not buy labeled knockoff glass that is pretending to be from the original creator, but I have no problem with copies. Nobody is going to mistake my Steven or Yingmin5 or Sunshine Store glass for the original vendors. For the most part they aren't even close. They may (I hope) function well, but their fit and finish is not on the same level.

How are you distinguishing between a copy and a knockoff? If the same exact pipe has a logo or not?

DHgate glass was affordable a few years ago but it seems like it has gone way up, I'm pretty sure Biao.T charges more than some of my heady American made glass.

invertedisdead,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Knockoff and copy are pretty much the same to me. The distinction is between knockoff/copy and counterfeit. A counterfit would be an attempt to fool someone, either the buyer or others looking at the piece. Like a labeled knockoff. FC had a rule that photos of labeled knockoff were verboten.

CybrGuy,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Anyone know Zoda Glass ? His pieces get sold pretty quickly when they stock up,but there are some pretty ones. https://www.dhgate.com/store/20487195#listing_store-1
@invertedisdead I always prefered to get stuff from EU shops,but they dont always have the best stuff .I agree with you it is much better to deal with someone understanding and bound both by law and duty to please the customer. But please cut some slack to those chinese glass blowers .Most of them are doing custom jobs,probably many of them dont even know who Mobius were,when they comissioned a copy/knockoff but of course there are these guys that will put logos and shit and knew this from the start.
I am really thankful to people like StevenIMZ for taking on small custom jobs,i dont know how is it now when his biznes grew,but back in the days he had a very personal approach. I will forever cherish the FC-1000 piece and highly recommend it. It is a combination of reverse matrix to a tree pillar, very simalar to the famour Sovereignity peyote pillar and it even thought the 300 hole bottom is replaced by a matrix perc,the bubbles are catching the elevator tunnels just in the same way. I dont think the OG creators of the concept even do glasswork anymore.. but they are many others they are using their styles ,not just china... There is plenty of German glass with matrix percs,toro circled grids ,things that were considered a signature to the maker are now the standart..
Just to mention I got my piece for 50$,but thanks to the popularity in this forum the price got boosted to 70+,at times he was offering free DHL to EU locations/
I think that the Chinese glass in headshops will be always of greater quality,because it gets trough a second layer of quality control and they can afford to ship back and demand refunds from the maker for the bad pieces like any serious buyer.
The reason behind the increased shipping is because the Chinese government suspended their free shipping funding program,due to the Corona crysis and as a counter measure to the tradewar some people are stirring up... The only reason we could enjoy free shipping was because the Chinese government was paying for it ,this was one of their signature measures to boost their market.
Btw the one of the very few things that are funded via the freeshipping program are the respiratory masks and other corona related stuff.
Mine actually looks better than the one in the video though ,so maybe i just got really lucky this time.
Dont have the time to find a worthy material,but here is a mention of it you can google futher.

Last edited by a moderator:

abcd5432

Just ordered this directly from biao.t on Instagram:

View attachment 716

I have the following from him already through Greek Glass, and I really, really like the action on it, although I do wish it had a heavier base:

210DD342-656F-4A08-A926-E7645D68E34D.jpeg
How much if you don't mind me asking?

Abcd5432,
Reactions: JCat

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'lll try to get around to it one of these days ...

I have one as well. I'll try too. Though, I just never thought I could do much better than that video. I thought it a good representation of what actual use looks like.

dimmusp

Any recommendations for shops in Europe? I want to get a bubbler for my TETRAx but I'd rather not wait 1-2 months for one from DHgate.

Thanks

dimmusp,

dimmusp

support your local head shops, they are all hurting right now... pick up one tomorrow.
I'm all for supporting local shops. :) The thing is I live a bit far from where the head shops are so it's not so easy. Plus at the shops you never know if they're using good glass, there are no online reviews, etc. But I'd be open to it.

I currently use a TETRAx with the spiked bent stem and I feel it cools the vapor very well, but my throat still gets sore every time. I'm thinking it's the dryness of the air that gets me, not the temperature.

What would you guys recommend in terms of a glass bubbler / bong that will humidify the vapor as much as possible and can be used while sitting on a reclining couch?

There's so much out there! Recyclers, rattle cans, diffusion pumps, matrix sidecars, etc. Being able to buy from the EU would be a plus but not essential.

Thanks

Last edited:
dimmusp,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
What would you guys recommend in terms of a glass bubbler / bong that will humidify the vapor as much as possible and can be used while sitting on a reclining couch?
I can’t advise which bubbler will give more humidity, however, if you fill any bubbler with HOT water, it works wonders!! The steam action is very soothing on dry throat.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Plus at the shops you never know if they're using good glass, there are no online reviews, etc.
You would have it in hand to examine, no online review necessary!!! Trust yourself.
Hobby shop glass is generally a TON nicer than any DHGate crap I ever received... your mileage may vary.

daoist

I already ordered the Sherlock from the herborizer shop and i already own an easyflow bomb tower.
I was thinking about buying one more glass piece with maybe 1 (matrix) percolator small bong.

Would it be worth buying a smaller 1 x matrix bong or a honeycomb if you already have a sherlock and a double matrix bong?

daoist,

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
I already ordered the Sherlock from the herborizer shop and i already own an easyflow bomb tower.
I was thinking about buying one more glass piece with maybe 1 (matrix) percolator small bong.

Would it be worth buying a smaller 1 x matrix bong or a honeycomb if you already have a sherlock and a double matrix bong?

I personally am not a fan of matrix or honeycomb with most vapes, matrix tends to dilute flavour to the extreme and honeycomb is just a pain to clean reclaim/weed bits out of.

cr0wley,

daoist

I Already have a double shower head bong also. But it is an almost novelty size smoking bong it is not good, it is just more something you can bring to a party. Also i don't like the percolators. My small matrix percolator works great. But yes it robs flavour a bit. I get very nice smooth diffusion though it with dry hits. But for flavour i already ordered the Sherlock.

Last edited:
daoist,
Reactions: dimmusp

MegaMan2k

DHgate mediation after 2020-06-27,
Anyone had luck with this in the past for a full refund?

I dont even think they sent my pibe lol (40+days so far)

these "small" sellers might just be taking advantage of the situation imo
Ive had stuff from china delivered from other websites during this pandemic reach me in as little as 2 weeks...

megaman2k,
Reactions: LesPlenty

daoist

Did they not send a tracking number of a package or anything like that? maybe out of stock?
if you paid with credit card you can probably report it as fraud and get money back? Or maybe just wait longer.

I'm all for supporting local shops. :) The thing is I live a bit far from where the head shops are so it's not so easy. Plus at the shops you never know if they're using good glass, there are no online reviews, etc. But I'd be open to it.

I currently use a TETRAx with the spiked bent stem and I feel it cools the vapor very well, but my throat still gets sore every time. I'm thinking it's the dryness of the air that gets me, not the temperature.

There's so much out there! Recyclers, rattle cans, diffusion pumps, matrix sidecars, etc. Being able to buy from the EU would be a plus but not essential.

Thanks

For smooth humid hits i recommend by a humidifier for your vape room, i try to keep it around 55% RH. Also i recommend boveda 58% or 62% humidity packs for your storage container. When the air in the room is dry, your hits will be dry and not so pleasant. So keep an eye on room and storage humidity at all times.

with glass I have good results with the Easy flow bomb tower. it has a double matrix percolator which work really well as a diffuser when you don't use water..
This is a lot smoother than hits direct from the whip. Easy flow has a few models. But the bomb tower is best for flower, It is actually a mobius clone. but the mobius is 500 dollar and easy flow is like 50 dollar or something.

easy flow version:
bomb-tower-easy-flow_578x578.jpg

Mobius version(looks a bit nicer):

6-17-19_Snap_Trap_Fitting_Pre-Clipping_Path_12_of_44_2048x.jpg

Top Bottom