Cheap High Quality Bubbler

LesPlenty

Company Rep
DHGate now collects the 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax...pretty well on everything) for the Australian government, it shows at the DHGate checkout. We used to get around paying the 10% on goods imported that was under $1000 but not anymore.:myday:

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
This is intended to be more informative than political please just stick to the "cheap" part relevant to this thread.

Just wanted to throw this out there, on /r/chinaglass the general consensus is that the Trump tariffs take effect on the 30th of this month and will probably raise dhgate (and other Chinese goods) prices significantly.

Might wanna submit a decent sized order or glass & nails if it's true.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Any1 know or think it would be possible for a goverment agency to make someone import-tax/duty (whatever the correct term is xP) accountable for all of ones purchases from dhgate over the years?

Even if i dont request it in the comment of the purchase, most sellers values everything as 10$, so who is to blame the seller or buyer ? imagine someone with a list of all your purchases and their dates with the amount you paid via DHgate, and then another list of the packages recieved and the value declared "and so we have come to the conclusion that you owe 764$ in import fees for the last 3 years" or any thing amongst those lines,

or am i simple being paranoid?= :D

No one can afford the time to worry about it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I've been eyeing the 34cm SAML bubbler but I only use my bubbler handheld on the couch so I'm thinking that one is too big and heavy, especially with the appropriately large base.

What's the deal with those diffusion pump bubblers? I'd be down to try something like this with a female 18mm if it offers improved performance over my little D020-d:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-glass-smoking-bongs-based-water/216674730.html

I'm open to other suggestions too. Will be used with a Splinters Z and a Fierce and someday a Milaana 3 I'd expect.

MasonJar

I've been eyeing the 34cm SAML bubbler but I only use my bubbler handheld on the couch so I'm thinking that one is too big and heavy, especially with the appropriately large base.

What's the deal with those diffusion pump bubblers? I'd be down to try something like this with a female 18mm if it offers improved performance over my little D020-d:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-glass-smoking-bongs-based-water/216674730.html

I'm open to other suggestions too. Will be used with a Splinters Z and a Fierce and someday a Milaana 3 I'd expect.

Exact same FC-710 diffusion pump but from seller Ebizcn instead of Stevenlmz79... Almost half the price, free shipping, and possibly better quality (build quality of bongs from Stevenlmz89 have been unpredictable lately):

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-glass-smoking-bongs-water-glass/248347007.html

You will need a 14mm Female to 18mm Female adapter for convert it to an 18mm joint.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Exact same FC-710 diffusion pump but from seller Ebizcn instead of Stevenlmz79... Almost half the price, free shipping, and possibly better quality (build quality of bongs from Stevenlmz89 have been unpredictable lately):

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-glass-smoking-bongs-water-glass/248347007.html

You will need a 14mm Female to 18mm Female adapter for convert it to an 18mm joint.
Good looking out, thanks man!
@bossman I recommend this,
https://www.dhgate.com/product/amaz...glass-water-pipe/474981921.html#mfavit-1-null

My favourite bong, great for sitting back in a comfy chair, the ones you linked are better suited to a table.:2c:
Like @cybrguy I'd rather just get this 18mm female version. Do you have any issues with water splashing up into the mouthpiece? I thought I saw somebody complaining about that with this model in the last few pages of this thread but I don't see it now.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
That was probably me. The first one I received from Stevenlmz79/Popularglass wasn't good. The replacement they (finally!) sent is much better. It works great, no splashing for me.

I won't order from Stevenlmz79 again. They were a major PITA to work with. I'd suggest Yingmin5.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
That was probably me. The first one I received from Stevenlmz79/Popularglass wasn't good. The replacement they (finally!) sent is much better. It works great, no splashing for me.

I won't order from Stevenlmz79 again. They were a major PITA to work with. I'd suggest Yingmin5.
Thanks for that info. You haven't compared this little diffusion pump piece to a D020 or D020-d by any chance have you? I'd imagined I should go bigger for bigger hits with more cooling since the larger internal volume of the D020-d is probably why I prefer it to do the D020 for pretty much everything. I'm open to trying another smaller bubbler, I'm just double checking stuff since my experience is so limited and dhgate takes two or three weeks.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I love my D020, but I use it mostly for VCs and occasionally for the Lotus as it is smaller with less water. My FC 187 is my favorite for Splinter/SplinterZ, but it is Steven's version and is VERY heavy for using in my lap. The Diffusion Pump should be lighter and cool more with it's greater water volume.

I can't decide which look I like better, with the bowl above the can or off to the side, but I guess that is determined by whether it is male of female.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The VA Rattle Can is the best version of the RC I have tried, it also replaces the D020 and the D model I have (they are flower vases now). The RC does have more water than the D020's but it retains more flavor due to the design, the vapor stays in large bubbles as it travels through the pipes, not being diffused like all other bongs with percs exiting low in the water. The RC bongs also stay cleaner as most of the internal glass is covered in the water there are fewer spots for reclaim to build-up (just add 4 or 5 drops of lemon juice concentrate (6 or 9 drops squeezed from a lemon if you have them helps keep things clean)
This is it, great for sitting back in a recliner,

https://www.dhgate.com/product/amaz...glass-water-pipe/474981921.html#mfavit-2-null
If you are more of a sit at desk type vaporist, this might suit better,

https://www.dhgate.com/product/saml-glass-26cm-tall-bong-diffusion-pump/476462145.html#mfavit-4-null
I would still use Stevenimz (Popular Glass) as they will fix any problem you have...eventually.
I have been waiting to see the tabletop version shown to come on sale to try with dabs on my DNail Sic Halo.:tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, I caved on the VA Rattle Can. Most of my percs are aggressive enough to rob most of the flavor on anything I have been putting through water, so if this guy gives me more flavor and is good for hand holding I'm in. Just needed another little push. :rolleyes:
Apparently I had a $3 coupon too so theres that. :wave:

Gonna have to start getting CE in pints... :p

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The VA Rattle Can is the best version of the RC I have tried, it also replaces the D020 and the D model I have (they are flower vases now). The RC does have more water than the D020's but it retains more flavor due to the design, the vapor stays in large bubbles as it travels through the pipes, not being diffused like all other bongs with percs exiting low in the water. The RC bongs also stay cleaner as most of the internal glass is covered in the water there are fewer spots for reclaim to build-up (just add 4 or 5 drops of lemon juice concentrate (6 or 9 drops squeezed from a lemon if you have them helps keep things clean)
This is it, great for sitting back in a recliner,

https://www.dhgate.com/product/amaz...glass-water-pipe/474981921.html#mfavit-2-null
If you are more of a sit at desk type vaporist, this might suit better,

https://www.dhgate.com/product/saml-glass-26cm-tall-bong-diffusion-pump/476462145.html#mfavit-4-null
I would still use Stevenimz (Popular Glass) as they will fix any problem you have...eventually.
I have been waiting to see the tabletop version shown to come on sale to try with dabs on my DNail Sic Halo.:tup:
Thanks so much for the extra info! I'm down to try either of these and I'm leaning toward the second one to keep the mounted vape lower when in use.

I don't mind waiting for a sale either provided I can remember to check.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was tempted by the second one due to the MP being higher on the piece and pointing higher up (so avoiding any splash) but I wanted to try yingmin5 again and I was worried the Steven one might be too heavy glass.
Hopefully I'll get no splash and all will be well.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Great advice. I am mostly at a standing height workbench and the second one you posted, with the taller neck, is a bit more appealing to me. I think I have to make the jump... first DHG in a long while.

I had a less than pleasant experience on my last purchase. Was supposed to be a Buy One Get One Free, it was not honored. Then disputed, and eventually got 50% back. I'd have rather had two functional pieces, but it was eventually resolved.

This pump is going to be what makes me give it another go...

wildything

PSA--- Just ordered another one of these https://www.dhgate.com/product/toro-bongs-heady-glass-bong-birdcage-tire/407895538.html since I broke the matrix downstem and wanted some spare parts.

The matrix perc had 8 slits instead of 16 like the first one I ordered in 2016 and the circ had less slits as well. In addition, the downstems and ashcatcher/base so aren’t even interchangeable. It was so bad I could only laugh and immediately opened a dispute to get a refund. I would buy the FC-Mod from Steven but think I'll just move on to another piece as I don't use it too much anymore.

Last edited:

justcametomind

Hi. I got a new piece. It has detachable parts so I could be able to clean it effectively.
Unfortunately the diffuser (if that’s the name of the part where bubbles/air come from) is too long. It touches the bottom of the piece at the connection at the top where the bowl (or vaporizer) should be placed isn’t tight.
I released the payment thinking I could be able to dispute with the vendor after that, but the only options I see from my phone are 2 icons (letter or balloon) that basically mean just messaging the vendor (and since I’ve already been there, probably receiving just generic answers). Is the desktop version of DHGate any better for asking a refund/a better made part?

justcametomind,

wildything

Hi. I got a new piece. It has detachable parts so I could be able to clean it effectively.
Unfortunately the diffuser (if that’s the name of the part where bubbles/air come from) is too long. It touches the bottom of the piece at the connection at the top where the bowl (or vaporizer) should be placed isn’t tight.
I released the payment thinking I could be able to dispute with the vendor after that, but the only options I see from my phone are 2 icons (letter or balloon) that basically mean just messaging the vendor (and since I’ve already been there, probably receiving just generic answers). Is the desktop version of DHGate any better for asking a refund/a better made part?
Yes I had to use the desktop but the app might work too

wildything,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hopefully I'll get no splash and all will be well.
You should be right with Yinmin5, I sent him pictures of all the crucial levels and maximum variance that would be acceptable (hand-blown after all so cannot be exactly the same every time)
img_20190818_170936-jpg.12155

Just ordered another one of these
I did too, not interchangeable percs, the showerhead was only 4 inches all up, had to fill ashcatcher to well over half to make it function, they sent me a replacement showerhead that is too long to fit either part.:rofl:
This is the second Roor Knock off I have purchased, the first was great, not the latest though, so I would say
pay a bit extra and get a Stevenimz... or gamble if you like to save 5 to 10 bucks.:myday:

Unfortunately the diffuser (if that’s the name of the part where bubbles/air come from) is too long.
This also happened to me on another bong, got a refund but did not want to chuck it, I slipped a piece of heat shrink tube over the male 29mm part (silicon hose would work too) of the perc and it raised it enough to clear the bottom of the bong and is now great as it is super low.:tup:
This is it;
img_20190901_192700-jpg.12704

I have it tilted to make up for a wonky drop-down (that just broke and has more heatshrink on it to keep it going until replacements arrive), a handy feature when using the silicon in the joint.

Last edited:

wildything

Haven’t even used the new one and don’t know if I will. Maybe I should but I already know it’s not what I was intending to buy, the same matrix perc. More slits/holes= better diffusion/ smoother diffusion. But this basically just equates to the seller/ manufacturer trying to cut corners to lower their costs and get one over on the customer. Well I noticed the difference immediately :lol:. In hindsight I should have got the matrix downstem from TAG during their last sale since they’re out of stock now. The TAG version has even more slits than steven’s.

wildything,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom