• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap and Easy DIY Accessories (Hacks) for Vape Stuff

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Here are two rather crude stands I made, that I wanted to share and see if any FC’rs have any good ones to share as well.
Go ahead and laugh away, these aren’t exactly artful, but both have come in very handy!

First up, made out of Sugru (took the whole package, so cost around $17), probably other cheaper alternatives - open to suggestions to use for future projects.
This has a spot for each of my 3 must-have-tools-while-vaping on one side and a deep hole on other side for me to be able to easily load my VC / IQ2 / Miqro / basically anything in that 10mm range.
1-EA41766-F788-47-E2-B646-D6-DB2-A06-A3-AF.jpg

It is well balanced, never wobbles or tips over but definitely not the most elegant looking stand. I will probably remake at some point, at least in a different color that doesn’t immediately look dirty along with smoothing it out better so it looks a bit more finished!

Up next, made out of pipe cleaners (total cost less than $1) is a stand for my favorite J-hook.
73-EA4-B44-AF00-4195-B5-CF-3339-A9-F19-B7-A.jpg

It actually works great, but would love to see other ways to keep it upright.

I am always looking for (inexpensive & easy) clever hacks - what ‘cha got?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Here are two rather crude stands I made, that I wanted to share and see if any FC’rs have any good ones to share as well.
Go ahead and laugh away, these aren’t exactly artful, but both have come in very handy!

First up, made out of Sugru (took the whole package, so cost around $17), probably other cheaper alternatives - open to suggestions to use for future projects.
This has a spot for each of my 3 must-have-tools-while-vaping on one side and a deep hole on other side for me to be able to easily load my VC / IQ2 / Miqro / basically anything in that 10mm range.
1-EA41766-F788-47-E2-B646-D6-DB2-A06-A3-AF.jpg

It is well balanced, never wobbles or tips over but definitely not the most elegant looking stand. I will probably remake at some point, at least in a different color that doesn’t immediately look dirty along with smoothing it out better so it looks a bit more finished!

Up next, made out of pipe cleaners (total cost less than $1) is a stand for my favorite J-hook.
73-EA4-B44-AF00-4195-B5-CF-3339-A9-F19-B7-A.jpg

It actually works great, but would love to see other ways to keep it upright.

I am always looking for (inexpensive & easy) clever hacks - what ‘cha got?
nice hacks @Jill NYC ! I keep my most frequent used vape (my tinymight) on a tablet stand I made. its not tailor made for vapes and is more of a safe spot on my coffee table in case I spill my drink or something. the stand is just scrap pieces of 2X4 and 2X6, pine from Home Depot, stained with tung oil.
seeing that vape/tool holder of yours reminded me I have this
I bought it to make a mask but figured it wasn't enough for any of my ideas and the art store I got it from is way far away so I never got any more. even after sitting in my art supply box for several years and its still good! your pipe cleaner stand reminded me ive always wanted a j hook stand, so I figured it try to make one :nod:. came up with this
the shape reminds me of a wonton spoon :lol:. still needs smoothing out and wiping down with water to smooth it out, then bake it.

Bad Dog

man its been a while since I put that j hook stand together, didn't get around to baking it till today lol. I was not able to smooth it out with water like regular clay :( came out of the oven, lumpy, bumpy and covered in fingerprints:mad: and to top it off the j hook doesn't fit as well as before baking.

ZGuvBhJ.jpg

decided to see if I could salvage it, so I got some sandpaper to fix the curves but decided to sand the whole thing. its still a work in progress but this pic shows its potential.

jdt9Bab.jpg

once I'm done sanding, and that's going to take days, I think I'm going to stain it with turmeric :lol:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Think it was Sneaky Pete who carried a rebadged version of these makeup brush holders. They are great for accessories of so many different sizes.

Arsty Portable Silicone Makeup Brush Holder Cosmetic Organizer(Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBA3VMV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_RH3DC5GQYJNW7SPSR9ZF

That product was mentioned in another thread, and I bought one, very useful.

Someday when or if this site reenables native image attachments, I’ll post my usage photo..... only been a few months now... :(

Bad Dog

haven't gotten around to finishing that j hook stand, requires a lot of freehand sanding since its so curvy , too messy to keep doing it indoors and its not nice enough outside yet.

but I started on this today , clay BCG grinder scoop. sanding to fit curve perfect !!!! and the handle is perfect to tamp a tinymight stem.
this I'll finish today

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Okay, so @Bad Dog is totally showing me up! Here’s what I have been up to, still a work in progress.
I have gone all in on Sugru - the good thing about it is you can let things dry and then add onto it pretty seamlessly.

I made a new everyday stand, learning from some of my past mistakes:
C0-C7143-A-59-AD-4-D62-9344-DB60-B4357470.jpg

Now I am working on a few glass piece holders, similar to what Bad Dog is doing.
Neither are completely ready for prime time - especially the one I want to use for my Jhook, but they are coming along. I started with modeling clay to get an idea of shape and went from there.
9872-C593-2-D2-F-4611-AF49-4-C829-E5-F80-FE.jpg

Last edited:

Bad Dog

I wish! Only one complete. The two stands for glass pieces do not hold either stably yet. I need to add some texture to place where they rest, and the jhook slides right off right now :lol: I need to build up a little more.
for the j hook stand you might consider something like a u shaped piece of metal clothes hanger that inserts on both sides of the stand and holds the j hook in place on the connection where the stem connects to the ball below the joint. makes the stand a 2 piece unit and a little less seamless than just being able to set it down and walk away though

Bad Dog

ugh oh more competition ?!? better get back to it if I want to be king of the thread lol. so I slapped this together last night, a prototype V2 scoop

video demo
I am so in love with this scoop! granted I already know of a few improvements to be made but they are minor and not a total revision. I don't know why all scoops aren't curved to fit the grinder wall with a flat bottom it works beautifully and biasicley loads itself with a twist of the herb chamber. my picture and videos do it very little justice to how well it works now that I've had I bit more time with it and haven't had to make sure I'm getting enough in the video footage lol. in reality its just lovely to use, so simple to use and ergonomic and comfortable. its big enough to fill a Flowerpot bowl in one scoop and precise enough to fill a Dynavap :cool: for me its the ultimate scoop and even though its ugly af the way it works is beautiful:love: and feels super premium to use. it might not be as pretty as the yellow and purple one I made but the function is so much better and I still like the yellow one, it works totally fine but it is not as nice as that ugly v2:dog:. I'm also pretty happy with the sculpty, I was not gentle with that yellow scoop for like 3 weeks and none to the turmeric scratched off revealing white underneath, my grinder herb chamber is also dirty with kief stuck to it so its a bit like sticky sand paper and the scoop pulled through with flying colours. still I don't think there is a market for breakable clay grinder scoops no matter how well they function so don't expect me to be opening a Etsy store any time soon :lmao: but I wish someone like delta 3d studios or trww would run with the design

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
This seems like a job for a 3D printer, no?

Industrious work with those clay scoops: they obviously do work great :tup: Have you and @Jill NYC seen the miniature food artists on IG?

Bad Dog

This seems like a job for a 3D printer, no?

Industrious work with those clay scoops: they obviously do work great :tup: Have you and @Jill NYC seen the miniature food artists on IG?

I sent this vid to grinders for life and the woman who answered my email said she thought it was great and showed the vid to everyone around her and said she was going to mail it around to office. she also said they had been hoping to offer a scoop in the future but she didn't think they could machine it with the tools they have and the don't have any 3d printers. still I offered to send them one if they would like to see it for themselves and I'm waiting for that response.

Top Bottom