• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CCA Liger banger V3.0

buckhakeesah

Great! Thanks @KimDracula For those of you wondering about using Liger carb caps and their compatibility with Dnail forked tips and vice versa. I can confirm, yes, they will work with one another and you can get it away with it.

The one issue I encountered was that the Liger ball dabber I have only screwed down the first one or two threads on the dnail v2 cap, just enough to hold it together, but I don't like that it doesn't screw down further. The thread pitch is definitely a different size.

Now on the other hand, the dnail forked tip went down enough to be able to secure the storm cell (1st gen V3), with air hole adjuster in place.

Hope this helps with people who wondered about this. I know I had until I finally tested it out just now.

buckhakeesah,

matthend

Well it has landed, and it is beautiful! My only issue is my coil and controller are still in transit from the great white North. Huge thanks to @ensabbahnur for such a great deal on a nail in as new condition, you rock! I asked if I could talk him into selling me an extra dabber tip, and he threw the whole set in the box, along with another dabber! Here she is in all he glory!
wD6Jgjn.jpg

HlUDTb0.jpg

Then my jaw dropped when I found the last addition to the box,:D
rYrOrBn.jpg

KPfXqEu.jpg

Words cannot express how happy I am with this, now if the damn usps will just hurry up!

nickmo

Finally pulled the trigger on a 20mm Liger + Sapphire Insert during that 25% off sale. Upgrading from the 16mm + SiC. The has served me well, but it's just a little too small. Can't wait to try the Sapphire!

I have the Storm Cell 3.1 now, I grabbed the Hurricane and Tsunami during this purchase. It sounds like Hurricane is preferred, but you have to be careful not to leave it in one spot for too long or it might get stuck?

nickmo,
Reactions: Puddy
Are any of your guys still using the original storm stem and hurricane with your liger v3? Are they completely junk to those of you who have upgraded to their latest design?

I have the old and new Hurricane. They’re both just okay.

My 25mm glass bubble cap (chadbro) is the true MVP.

Ha I actually ordered that too! I figured didn't hurt to try the rest of the CCA lineup while @ 25% off.

I have a terp trunk, the Hurricanes, a couple hetttttiiii ones for 25mm bangers and the bubble cap.

Bubble cap is best.

scalescliffs,

matthend

Ok, my controller and coil arrived, and testing has commenced. At first I honestly think that the old 710 whip tasted better, but I have only tried at 650 and 625 thus far. I will dial it back more in a few and continue to experiment throughout the evening, too stoned to try another just yet hehe :ko:
I will also grab a pic or two of the setup, the controller does look really good with the blue liger

matthend,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Ok, my controller and coil arrived, and testing has commenced. At first I honestly think that the old 710 whip tasted better, but I have only tried at 650 and 625 thus far. I will dial it back more in a few and continue to experiment throughout the evening, too stoned to try another just yet hehe :ko:
I will also grab a pic or two of the setup, the controller does look really good with the blue liger

Well you seem happy with your investment and as for taste, the lower the temp the tastier. When i use the SiC insert which is hardly nowadays, my mininail is set to 485F and i thought that was flavorful until i met sapphire and fell in love.

INDIVA

My 30mm liger and tsunami master kit and Augusthaus cover and obsidian insert will be here tomarro..bates worm outside diffusion pump..let the low temp flavor train begin very soon..and I can't. Wait as it is thee ultimate flavor rig.also I ordered my kit from cca on Monday so it took them 8 days total for delievery!!!!! So no more waiting 3-4weeks+ anymore...hells yessss.....what temps have you peeps been using for obsidian?

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Well the 25% off sale at CCA710 kicked off a bout of VAS that burned right through my budget and kept going. I already had a nice 20mm Liger rig with a few quality carb caps and an Auber 300 enail. But I decided to retire that rig to my glass shop and buy a new one for the house.

In the last week I ordered...

30mm Liger with sapphire and obsidian inserts
Hex-Nail Red Queen
Augusthaus coil
Tsunami carb cap
Gordo Riptide bubble cap
Obsidian insert for 20mm Liger

I've been dabbing nothing but rosin for months now and am hoping the bigger surface area and sapphire dish really bring out some new flavor nuances.

Of course now I have to wait until all the pieces are delivered, but just in case CCA710 is uncharacteristically fast in getting me the Liger I also ordered an Auber RDK-150-DC enail. That'll power the Liger until the Hex Nail is ready and also be great for travel since it runs off 12V DC.

I sure wish Wierdeer was still making those carb caps as I'd love to add one right from the start. But I guess I'll play with the caps I have and keep watching for new suggestions here. Thanks to all who have tested and shared their carb cap suggestions. What a valuable resource!

Puddy

Finally pulled the trigger on a 20mm Liger + Sapphire Insert during that 25% off sale. Upgrading from the 16mm + SiC. The has served me well, but it's just a little too small. Can't wait to try the Sapphire!

huge upgrade!

Puddy,

buddingglasshead

The 20mm is possibly too small for me. I'm still very happy with it and it will be wonderful for what I consider microdosing, but not big enough for my every day dabs. Insert stuck after seshing for a little bit. I may need to get carb cap that doesn't sit as deep (bubble cap) may be necessary to help avoid this as I don't think I should need to be taking the insert out after every dab to clean it up as well as the Liger.

I was able to remove the insert after an ISO bath and currently have the liger soaking. While about to post this I ended up throwing the insert in a coffee mug with some water and let it go in the microwave. After 2 4 minute sessions... practically spotless. one or two little black dots here and there. Didn't have anything more abrasive than a paper towel to clean it with. Thought there was something wrong with my microwave because I kept hearing pinging. Microwave off and keep hearing it. The insert is dancing! It's jumping around in the boiling water. Most of the residue ended up falling up from this and the heat alone.

@Danksta Saw a post from you about not ISO soaking SiC. Why is this ill advised?

What size dab should I be able to take without having to deal with this? I've never measured to actually test, but I plan to soon. Anything I could be missing?

buddingglasshead,
Reactions: Hogni

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
The 20mm is possibly too small for me. I'm still very happy with it and it will be wonderful for what I consider microdosing, but not big enough for my every day dabs. Insert stuck after seshing for a little bit. I may need to get carb cap that doesn't sit as deep (bubble cap) may be necessary to help avoid this as I don't think I should need to be taking the insert out after every dab to clean it up as well as the Liger.

I was able to remove the insert after an ISO bath and currently have the liger soaking. While about to post this I ended up throwing the insert in a coffee mug with some water and let it go in the microwave. After 2 4 minute sessions... practically spotless. one or two little black dots here and there. Didn't have anything more abrasive than a paper towel to clean it with. Thought there was something wrong with my microwave because I kept hearing pinging. Microwave off and keep hearing it. The insert is dancing! It's jumping around in the boiling water. Most of the residue ended up falling up from this and the heat alone.

@Danksta Saw a post from you about not ISO soaking SiC. Why is this ill advised?

What size dab should I be able to take without having to deal with this? I've never measured to actually test, but I plan to soon. Anything I could be missing?

I go pretty big on all my nails and in my usage the 20 can do almost as much as the 30 but not quite, the biggest issue I have with the 20mm SIC was bubbles from boiling material climbing the walls of the insert and going over, if I drop the material and watch the boiling and pop all the big bubbles with my dabber then I very rarely have any spill over. I should also say the Obsidian insert is way less susceptible to bubble climb and the edges are much thicker and the angle is flat so the oil doesn't go over the edges nearly as easy.

Ive never even thought to microwave my inserts, Im not sure there is any advantage to this vs just heating your ISO or water. I have zero fear of soaking any SIC or glass in ISO, SIC is EXTREMELY inert and isn't effected in any negative way I've ever heard of by ISO....or practically any other chemical for that matter. Even if you were slightly concerned of anything "soaking in"....SIC can be heated to as hot as any torch you're likely to have access to can reach to 100% clean it back to new. Ive blasted mine with MAPP gas (MUCH hotter than butane) till it was dazzling hot with zero issues.

If you want big dabs, IME, the Halos have the highest usable capacity and also produce more volume for the tradeoff of a little flavor.

buddingglasshead

Ive never even thought to microwave my inserts, Im not sure there is any advantage to this vs just heating your ISO or water.

It also made it super easy to clean the microwave because of the condensation. Advantage in my book.

It seems my issue may be my bubble cap. Nothing actually wrong with it, just how deep it sits into the Liger. After using my Terp Trunk I didn't have the same issues of leakage. Was still able to clean up the end with the bubble cap though, which kinda confirms it as being the issue as I wasn't having leakage with fairly small dabs. Last thing I needed was a reason to spend more money. Just bought a Milaana... Other half breathing down my neck. Guess I'll have to deal with it for now. :\

Why do you feel the Halos are better in that regard? I plan on getting the SiC one but just the dish for the D-nail NV WrapAround.

buddingglasshead,
Reactions: Hogni

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
It also made it super easy to clean the microwave because of the condensation. Advantage in my book.

It seems my issue may be my bubble cap. Nothing actually wrong with it, just how deep it sits into the Liger. After using my Terp Trunk I didn't have the same issues of leakage. Was still able to clean up the end with the bubble cap though, which kinda confirms it as being the issue as I wasn't having leakage with fairly small dabs. Last thing I needed was a reason to spend more money. Just bought a Milaana... Other half breathing down my neck. Guess I'll have to deal with it for now. :\

Why do you feel the Halos are better in that regard? I plan on getting the SiC one but just the dish for the D-nail NV WrapAround.

Extensive personal experience with both sapphire and SIC Halos and both size Ligers with both dish materials on the 30mm over a long period. The Halos beat the Ligers in vapor volume, hands down, but the Ligers bring out more flavors. This is just my experiences of course but several members report similar. I think a lot of it has to do with the carb setup and Dnail just crushed it on the engineering of the Halo with the V2 cap, I think the Ligers could definitely produce more vapor with a better cap but that particular quest is at least 1/3 of the Liger thread itself.

mixchu69

Extensive personal experience with both sapphire and SIC Halos and both size Ligers with both dish materials on the 30mm over a long period. The Halos beat the Ligers in vapor volume, hands down, but the Ligers bring out more flavors. This is just my experiences of course but several members report similar. I think a lot of it has to do with the carb setup and Dnail just crushed it on the engineering of the Halo with the V2 cap, I think the Ligers could definitely produce more vapor with a better cap but that particular quest is at least 1/3 of the Liger thread itself.
I agree completely with your assessment of the halos and liger. I have the liger 2 with the Quartz and sic inserts, but never had any issues with concentrates leaking over. It seems the liger 3 has a lot more issues.

I bought the halos on the D-nail 30% sale and am loving them. Not sure if the higher vapor volume is from the wik surface or carb cap. The only thing I don't like about the halos is that it is like a game of "operation" strategically placing your dab versus the wide bucket of the liger.

Why do you guys think liger 3 has so many more problems with the liger 2? Still loving my liger 2

mixchu69,

Danksta

I'm pretty sure it absorbs it. I had to heat mine way up to dry it out after a nasty tasting hit.

Hot water is really all that is needed to keep SiC clean. It's such a nice material.

Danksta,

Gn0sis

have you tried the AH coil on the 30mm yet? The vapor volume produced is much bigger with even more flavor.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

I agree as well. The vape volume is unreal with the sapphire halo compared to the sapphire insert and i also believe it is the engineering of the V2 carb cap along with the porous/wik surface material compared to polished on the inserts. I have been loving my sapphire halo since black friday and its been my daily driver on my NV FP WA.

As for cleaning the SiC inserts, i have always used distilled water and qtips. I just let it soak and then wipe. For the SiC halo, i torch the shit out of it to clean it. With the Sapphire halo, its more of a pain to clean. I first use a iso qtip a few times to clean it, then let it soak it distilled water for 20 mins and wipe with qtips. Then i put it on the slim base and heat at 850F and its like new. The sapphire inserts i just soak in distilled water for 30 mins and wipe with qtips. Both my inserts are polished and easy to clean. The halos are more of a bitch to clean.

Shooby,

Danksta

I'm looking forward to trying the AH coil with the Liger. I recently did a side by side comparison of the sapphire insert and a ultra low temp quartz banger hit. The banger produces better volume due to the surface area of heat being more even. And the more volume = a terpier hit. So ATM my Eternal banger offers better flavor. The flat coil Liger just can't keep up. So if the AH coil gets the 30mm running proper and retaining heat as it should I will be very very happy. My cracked sapphire still works and tastes great. :D

brucee10

I agree as well. The vape volume is unreal with the sapphire halo compared to the sapphire insert and i also believe it is the engineering of the V2 carb cap along with the porous/wik surface material compared to polished on the inserts. I have been loving my sapphire halo since black friday and its been my daily driver on my NV FP WA.

As for cleaning the SiC inserts, i have always used distilled water and qtips. I just let it soak and then wipe. For the SiC halo, i torch the shit out of it to clean it. With the Sapphire halo, its more of a pain to clean. I first use a iso qtip a few times to clean it, then let it soak it distilled water for 20 mins and wipe with qtips. Then i put it on the slim base and heat at 850F and its like new. The sapphire inserts i just soak in distilled water for 30 mins and wipe with qtips. Both my inserts are polished and easy to clean. The halos are more of a bitch to clean.

I finally broke down and bought Dark Crystal to clean my sapphire insert and halo. I can soak it overnight and it comes out glowing and clean. I speed up the process sometimes by setting the glass on a coffee warmer. The black grime just floats to the top.

Gn0sis

I'm looking forward to trying the AH coil with the Liger. I recently did a side by side comparison of the sapphire insert and a ultra low temp quartz banger hit. The banger produces better volume due to the surface area of heat being more even. And the more volume = a terpier hit. So ATM my Eternal banger offers better flavor. The flat coil Liger just can't keep up. So if the AH coil gets the 30mm running proper and retaining heat as it should I will be very very happy. My cracked sapphire still works and tastes great. :D

When you get your coil, just be sure to tighten the locking nut SUPER tight, to the MAXIMUM that the threading allows, so that it has the best possible contact with the liger. The closer the coil temp is to the actual surface temp, the better the flavor and the more you can feel every degree adjustment and difference in vapor thickness. Having it not FULLY tight can make a significant difference in how much flavor and vapor you're getting. (At the moment, I can tell the difference between a 2 degree change on the PID.)

It could be a bit painful on the fingers as you try to grip that locking nut with whatever tool you're using, but as I see it, you just get it done once, and never loosen it again until that day several years down the line when the AH coil eventually stops working.

Currently, my IF thermometer shows the surface temp at 435 - 440F and the PID is set to 468F. This has so far been the tastiest setting I found and should also give you a rough idea of what kind of variance between coil and surface temps to expect.

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I have a 30mm Liger, AH coil and Hex-Nail all on order. Only the Liger has been shipped (or at least a label printed 2 days ago) but I expect the AH coil to arrive a month or two before the Hex-Nail gets manufactured and delivered.

So I'm wondering...can I use my AH coil and Liger 30mm with my Auber RDK-300 until the Hex-Nail arrives? I'd rather just get the AH coil fitted really well and leave it on as @Gn0sis mentioned, but I don't want to mess up my controller or coil just because I'm too eager to experience the full power of the AH coil/Liger pairing.

lazylightning,

Gn0sis

I have a 30mm Liger, AH coil and Hex-Nail all on order. Only the Liger has been shipped (or at least a label printed 2 days ago) but I expect the AH coil to arrive a month or two before the Hex-Nail gets manufactured and delivered.

So I'm wondering...can I use my AH coil and Liger 30mm with my Auber RDK-300 until the Hex-Nail arrives? I'd rather just get the AH coil fitted really well and leave it on as @Gn0sis mentioned, but I don't want to mess up my controller or coil just because I'm too eager to experience the full power of the AH coil/Liger pairing.

Should be doable. My friend has a custom built box with Auber hardware inside from like 2011 and he runs the AH coil just fine. Do it at your own risk though. I had no idea if the AH coil was gonna work with my D-nail either, but seems to be running just fine, even 24/7 some days.

Top Bottom