CCA Liger banger V3.0

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
For anyone wondering, I was told in an email yesterday that Obsidian will not be coming to 16mm. I did not ask whether 16mm is being discontinued, but it seems plausible.

invertedisdead,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
@ensabbahnur I'm guessing that there are still no photos of the updated product that you have received? :rofl: That's par for the course as they say. Interesting information though. Please post up some photos if you can of the differences you mentioned above.

ichibaneye,

YabbaDABBAdo

Please post up some photos if you can of the differences you mentioned above.
have very busy day and currently at the docs uggghhhh, but i will post up pics of the tsunami when i get home and i will post pics of it with the dabber on the underside and without, also with the tip underneath you lose no vapor and adjusted right no clearance issues

YabbaDABBAdo,
Reactions: ichibaneye

YabbaDABBAdo

And here I thought they had sent me the new Tsunami cap. If @YabbaDABBAdo has the Tsunami then what do I have?

That's the new hurricane.
correct that is the New hurricane!!! which I was having issues with seizing like it was welded, but Josh set everything right and I've been doing good with the tsunami and hurricane combo along with a glass cap

YabbaDABBAdo

I really like the esthetics of this one. For function I've not heard much about as of yet though.
I honestly love the cap except when it seized on me but josh and I got that worked out for now hopefully, the fitment of it precise and airtight, almost too tight and that's where I think was the problem of mine due to the temperature difference and it expanding. But you can get to the whole edge of the insert without any air leakage and still smooth gliding, you must keep the cap clean wipe it of after every few hits so claim doesn't build up, but I switch between the tsunami and hurricane and then finally the weirdeer cap , but for the 30mm outta all the caps BY CCA imo is a toss up between the tsunami in a hurricane I use both and the storm cell personally I don't think is meant for the 30 at all
Hope that helps

Peter Nincompoop

Powered By Terps
Is it cool to leave my SiC insert soaking in iso? I dabbed some RSO oil off one of my inserts and now it's gross. It left a residue that the Q-tips couldn't get...

Peter Nincompoop,

YabbaDABBAdo

Is it cool to leave my SiC insert soaking in iso? I dabbed some RSO oil off one of my inserts and now it's gross. It left a residue that the Q-tips couldn't get...
heat your nail with insert to 230°- 250° And get distilled water and dip the qtip water and start wiping your insert with wet qtip and do it until qtips are completely clean if needed used some ISO first and the 230° And wipe before using water do the same thing wi qtip a few times then water again and boom brand new SiC insert!!!

ichibaneye

I decided to avoid any hassles, delays or no customer service by sourcing a very lightly used 20mm Liger Banger V3. :tup: It should be arriving tomorrow. Not to mention it's the colors I wanted too. I plan on giving it a brasso scrub/clean to shine her up again. I'm not worried about the heat discoloration that's just added character. :rockon: Once I receive it I'll share my thoughts and then test it out and hit y'all back with my review. I'm off to check on tracking progress AGAIN :freak:, cheers!

Last edited:

Peter Nincompoop

Powered By Terps
heat your nail with insert to 230°- 250° And get distilled water and dip the qtip water and start wiping your insert with wet qtip and do it until qtips are completely clean if needed used some ISO first and the 230° And wipe before using water do the same thing wi qtip a few times then water again and boom brand new SiC insert!!!

I know about this method (although I have never tried it), but I don't have distilled water, and I'm also lazy, so I was wondering if I could achieve a similar effect by just soaking it in iso.

Peter Nincompoop,

YabbaDABBAdo

distilled water
water from a water bottle basically and laziness on a liger can actually make it preform porley seal wise for cap and insert build up doesn't just come off with no effort in ISO all I can say is qtip qtip qtip after every hit and clean insert every few days and whole set up weekly biweekly depending on usage

Last edited:

ichibaneye

water from a water bottle basically and laziness on a liger can actually make it preform porley seal wise for cap and insert build up doesn't just come off with no effort in ISO all I can say is qtip qtip qtip after every hit and clean insert every few days and whole set up weekly biweekly depending on usage
I totally agree here. Laziness with any cleaning with any and all things associated with vaporization is going to produce sudpar results in all aspects of the game. It's like this, why get the good flowers and concentrates only to muck up the experience, taste, performance and such in the end. Plus taking care of things makes them last much longer and functioning the way they were designed to function.

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I have a one-gallon home water distiller and always use distilled water in my glass as well as when cleaning my Liger. My water actually tests lower than average for TDS (total dissolved solids) but there's still quite a thick layer of nasty sludge that's left in the bottom of the distiller after a few gallons have been purified. I'll never drink tap water again after seeing that. All of those inorganic minerals and toxins tend to leave deposits on glass and it seems like they could attach to the vapor and enter your lungs too. Using distilled water seems like a good and inexpensive way to prevent cloudy glass and potential health impacts.

YabbaDABBAdo

I have a one-gallon home water distiller and always use distilled water in my glass as well as when cleaning my Liger. My water actually tests lower than average for TDS (total dissolved solids) but there's still quite a thick layer of nasty sludge that's left in the bottom of the distiller after a few gallons have been purified. I'll never drink tap water again after seeing that. All of those inorganic minerals and toxins tend to leave deposits on glass and it seems like they could attach to the vapor and enter your lungs too. Using distilled water seems like a good and inexpensive way to prevent cloudy glass and potential health impacts.
note what i use is RODI water, i change the filters 2-3 times a year when filling a 25 gallon water drum every 2 weeks with aquarium pump and air stone to keep it oxygenated and my tds meter never goes above 10 with proper cleaning and maintenance. when my meter on my system hits 10 i change the filters

lazylightning

note what i use is RODI water, i change the filters 2-3 times a year when filling a 25 gallon water drum every 2 weeks with aquarium pump and air stone to keep it oxygenated and my tds meter never goes above 10 with proper cleaning and maintenance. when my meter on my system hits 10 i change the filters

Nice, you've got it sorted. Just have to get those dissolved solids out and RODI works great too.

KimDracula

I know about this method (although I have never tried it), but I don't have distilled water, and I'm also lazy, so I was wondering if I could achieve a similar effect by just soaking it in iso.

You can do this to clean your insert if you like. The heat isn't always necessary. I rarely use it. When I was using the SiC full-time I soaked it in iso with the Liger parts before cleaning and then scrubbed it with water and q-tips, sometimes something more abrasive like a fine steel wool if it's real crusty. The sapphire never seems to require it, perhaps due to the more polished surface (compared to my 2.0 Sic that wasn't as polished as the new ones, IIRC).

When it comes to drinking distilled water, however, that's probably the wrong choice . There are supposed to be minerals in your drinking water. It also tastes and smells funny without them.

ichibaneye

Don't drink bottled either (leaching among other things they don't admit to) or distilled.
I personally use one of only 2 other known companies around the planet for the best water experince one can drink or use. This has been shown and documented to be true by many independent labs who tested the water and filters. Documents can be found on the sites. They leave the good stuff in and filter the bad stuff out.
I use the AlexaPur and ProPure gravity fed systems. The best damn tasting water I've ever had. This is coming from someone that use to have an artesian well below solid rock 1800' plus feet down. Man was that tasty but still not as clean.

To the others that have posted cleaning tips I thank you. All information is useful in one form or another, cheers! :cheers:

ichibaneye,
Reactions: Gn0sis

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Distilled water is the best. Good move.

lazylightning

When it comes to drinking distilled water, however, that's probably the wrong choice . There are supposed to be minerals in your drinking water. It also tastes and smells funny without them.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I add ionic trace minerals to my distilled water for drinking.

lazylightning,

ichibaneye

T- minus just under 4 hours and counting until my 20mm arrives. I'm jonsin hard. I need that LigerV3 fix like yesterday. :rockon::ko:

ichibaneye,
Reactions: Marihuana

weenstoned

I got the 20mm V3 I ordered on 7/10 for $1.00+shipping to Canada on 7/25. After paying for a SiC insert all in it cost me ~$115 Canadian dollars or about $83 real dollars. Been using mostly my bubble cap from @pencilking710 on Instagram that I bought for thermal bangers and it works pretty good. My other directional caps for more traditional bangers also work well. Hard to say if I am getting higher due to more efficient vaporization than torch+banger as I have also been doing more dabs, oh well :D.

I am running at 666 on an auber rdk200 with a reasonably tight coil, tried lower initially and it was fine but took more hits to finish the dab.

Top Bottom