• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Carta by Focus V

Hoosier

Website seems to be working

Randall posted today on reddit that Mastermind has essentially stolen Focus V. Did a backdoor manufacturing deal with his Chinese manufacturer and rawdogged him. Some crazy stuff. Focusvproducts.com is Randall’s team and everything else appears to be up for grabs.

Hoosier,
Reactions: LTBOOKEM

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Randall posted today on reddit that Mastermind has essentially stolen Focus V. Did a backdoor manufacturing deal with his Chinese manufacturer and rawdogged him. Some crazy stuff. Focusvproducts.com is Randall’s team and everything else appears to be up for grabs.
Trying to make sense of what exactly this all means. Where’s the link to the reddit you’re talking about?

PhreedomPhries,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don't do Reddit and the above is not a link, can somebody explain in Layman's terms what is happening?:hmm:

LesPlenty,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Sounds like they will be on DHGate soon, prick of a trick to play on a business partner. Good luck to Randall and his crew.:tup:

LesPlenty,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Found this posted today - will paste it here, in case it gets censored, or anyone does not wish to go to reddit:

"While we were hoping not to have to engage with and respond to this public smear campaign, Randall and Focus V LLC’s recent post on Reddit and subsequent unlawful and defamatory attacks on our business, integrity and reputation have given us no choice but to respond. This is written for everyone with a Carta, anyone with a vested interest in the future of the Focus V brand, and all who are passionate about the cannabis industry and are following this story...

Since this is an ongoing legal matter, and without addressing each and every defamatory claim made by Randall and Focus V, LLC, in no way are we engaged in a “hostile takeover” nor have we lied or breached any of our obligations to Focus V, LLC or to our business partners or customers. We understand that the foundation on which our business has been built is our relationships with our vendors and customers, and would never do anything to jeopardize that trust.

The truth of the matter is that Randall and Focus V, LLC never owned or had any contractual rights to Carta or Focus V despite their misrepresentations to us and all of you to the contrary. He was simply a sales representative for the Chinese manufacturer and rightful IP owner, fraudulently masquerading as its owner, including to us. The fact is Focus V is owned by a woman in China. She is the one who developed the design of Carta, the app, created the brand and is the lawful owner of the IP. We understand that Randall doesn't want to accept that he engaged in bad business practices and ruined his relationships, but these are the facts.

Nevertheless, rather than abide by the terms of our distribution agreement, it was them that breached this agreement, trying to cut us out entirely, surreptitiously trying to make deals behind our backs and in direct contravention of the agreement. We tried hard and in good faith to resolve these issues so that we could fulfill existing orders and continue to build the brand on its upward trajectory, but they had no interest in doing so.

Their reasons for wanting out of our agreement are clear: per the terms of our Agreement, we were to own all of their IP related to these products NOT them in addition to having an option to acquire their company outright. So, after much time, investment, and capital from us to significantly increase the value of the brand and product, they then wanted to take advantage of us again, by unilaterally “opting out” of our agreement (which they had no legal grounds to do) solely for the purpose of ripping the proverbial rug out from under us, and benefitting from our hard work. Maybe they didn’t expect the brand to be as successful as it was once we got involved or maybe they didn’t like the deal any more for other reasons, but that does not give a party the right to renege on a valid and binding agreement.

Ultimately, they didn’t even have the rights they purported to have in the agreement any way and in addition to breaching our agreement, and as he admits in his email, Randall also misled the manufacturer and true owner of the Focus V and Carta IP. Of course he refers to the manufacturer’s claims as “lies lies lies”, but it is not a coincidence that Randall’s only response to all of the parties alleging that they were involved in wrongdoing is that EVERYONE ELSE lying except them... There is one common bottom denominator here, and that is Focus V, LLC and Randall. Ask yourselves, why, if Focus V, LLC is truly operating in good faith here and telling you the truth as to their ownership of Focus V, would they dissolve their entity? This would make no business sense and appears to be just another attempt to duck and hide from their legal and ethical obligations and unlawfully liquidate as much product as they can in the meantime.

We will continue to work through these issues with Focus V, LLC through legal channels, but we are the lawful exclusive distributors of Focus V and Carta products throughout the world (and Randall and Focus V, LLC have no legal rights to distribute these products as they have been cut-off by the manufacturer).

We have an excellent relationship with the manufacturer (not because we paid them “some amount they could not refuse”, but because they chose to do business with us based on our reputation and results). We care deeply about the Focus V and Carta brand and products, and will continue to provide the highest quality products and customer service, as we have been doing from the very beginning of our involvement with the brand, which you have come to know and love. That is our promise to each of you and one we stand behind.

Since Randall has decided to attack the integrity of our team and company, we wanted to also take this opportunity to provide a little history on SHO Products. As a team, we have been building our business for the last four years. We have traveled to all corners of the world promoting solventless extraction and the benefits of rosin. We have lobbied in Washington to change cannabis laws. We work hard to bring value to our customers and have done everything we can to preserve the culture that has made our industry so great. When we picked up the Carta - it was unknown. We put our hearts into it, from getting glass artists to make tops, to getting it into over 1,000 shops and will continue to make this the best product and brand we can.

Moving forward Masterminded Distribution will handle all wholesale inquiries. All retail orders are being taken on www.focusv.com. Managed by SHO and owned by its true and rightful owner, in China.

SHO will continue to do what we do - which is build great brands, innovative products and push forward our industry. If anyone would like to speak directly to the co-founders of SHO, contact us directly on Instagram @thesamsho and @worldofvin, and we will happily chat with anyone. Contact [support@focusv.com](mailto:support@focusv.com) - ALL warranties on previous orders will be honored."

https://www.reddit.com/r/FocusV/comments/dzcxi2/just_the_facts_around_focus_v_carta/

Zander

Found this posted today - will paste it here, in case it gets censored, or anyone does not wish to go to reddit:

"While we were hoping not to have to engage with and respond to this public smear campaign, Randall and Focus V LLC’s recent post on Reddit and subsequent unlawful and defamatory attacks on our business, integrity and reputation have given us no choice but to respond. This is written for everyone with a Carta, anyone with a vested interest in the future of the Focus V brand, and all who are passionate about the cannabis industry and are following this story...

Since this is an ongoing legal matter, and without addressing each and every defamatory claim made by Randall and Focus V, LLC, in no way are we engaged in a “hostile takeover” nor have we lied or breached any of our obligations to Focus V, LLC or to our business partners or customers. We understand that the foundation on which our business has been built is our relationships with our vendors and customers, and would never do anything to jeopardize that trust.

The truth of the matter is that Randall and Focus V, LLC never owned or had any contractual rights to Carta or Focus V despite their misrepresentations to us and all of you to the contrary. He was simply a sales representative for the Chinese manufacturer and rightful IP owner, fraudulently masquerading as its owner, including to us. The fact is Focus V is owned by a woman in China. She is the one who developed the design of Carta, the app, created the brand and is the lawful owner of the IP. We understand that Randall doesn't want to accept that he engaged in bad business practices and ruined his relationships, but these are the facts.

Nevertheless, rather than abide by the terms of our distribution agreement, it was them that breached this agreement, trying to cut us out entirely, surreptitiously trying to make deals behind our backs and in direct contravention of the agreement. We tried hard and in good faith to resolve these issues so that we could fulfill existing orders and continue to build the brand on its upward trajectory, but they had no interest in doing so.

Their reasons for wanting out of our agreement are clear: per the terms of our Agreement, we were to own all of their IP related to these products NOT them in addition to having an option to acquire their company outright. So, after much time, investment, and capital from us to significantly increase the value of the brand and product, they then wanted to take advantage of us again, by unilaterally “opting out” of our agreement (which they had no legal grounds to do) solely for the purpose of ripping the proverbial rug out from under us, and benefitting from our hard work. Maybe they didn’t expect the brand to be as successful as it was once we got involved or maybe they didn’t like the deal any more for other reasons, but that does not give a party the right to renege on a valid and binding agreement.

Ultimately, they didn’t even have the rights they purported to have in the agreement any way and in addition to breaching our agreement, and as he admits in his email, Randall also misled the manufacturer and true owner of the Focus V and Carta IP. Of course he refers to the manufacturer’s claims as “lies lies lies”, but it is not a coincidence that Randall’s only response to all of the parties alleging that they were involved in wrongdoing is that EVERYONE ELSE lying except them... There is one common bottom denominator here, and that is Focus V, LLC and Randall. Ask yourselves, why, if Focus V, LLC is truly operating in good faith here and telling you the truth as to their ownership of Focus V, would they dissolve their entity? This would make no business sense and appears to be just another attempt to duck and hide from their legal and ethical obligations and unlawfully liquidate as much product as they can in the meantime.

We will continue to work through these issues with Focus V, LLC through legal channels, but we are the lawful exclusive distributors of Focus V and Carta products throughout the world (and Randall and Focus V, LLC have no legal rights to distribute these products as they have been cut-off by the manufacturer).

We have an excellent relationship with the manufacturer (not because we paid them “some amount they could not refuse”, but because they chose to do business with us based on our reputation and results). We care deeply about the Focus V and Carta brand and products, and will continue to provide the highest quality products and customer service, as we have been doing from the very beginning of our involvement with the brand, which you have come to know and love. That is our promise to each of you and one we stand behind.

Since Randall has decided to attack the integrity of our team and company, we wanted to also take this opportunity to provide a little history on SHO Products. As a team, we have been building our business for the last four years. We have traveled to all corners of the world promoting solventless extraction and the benefits of rosin. We have lobbied in Washington to change cannabis laws. We work hard to bring value to our customers and have done everything we can to preserve the culture that has made our industry so great. When we picked up the Carta - it was unknown. We put our hearts into it, from getting glass artists to make tops, to getting it into over 1,000 shops and will continue to make this the best product and brand we can.

Moving forward Masterminded Distribution will handle all wholesale inquiries. All retail orders are being taken on www.focusv.com. Managed by SHO and owned by its true and rightful owner, in China.

SHO will continue to do what we do - which is build great brands, innovative products and push forward our industry. If anyone would like to speak directly to the co-founders of SHO, contact us directly on Instagram @thesamsho and @worldofvin, and we will happily chat with anyone. Contact [support@focusv.com](mailto:support@focusv.com) - ALL warranties on previous orders will be honored."

https://www.reddit.com/r/FocusV/comments/dzcxi2/just_the_facts_around_focus_v_carta/
well, shit.:hmm:

Hoosier

Since I have followed this thing from practically the beginning (I did literally buy the very first beta team unit, lol) here is my take from the outside looking in-

Randall hooked up with Focus Vapes, a Chinese manufacturer. He started repping their devices. He started providing design input and feedback, and helped bring the Carta to market. He helped get that first beta run of 100 units off the ground which helped R&D tremendously and then he started to really ramp up the marketing efforts with trade shows and the daily live streams. Around May/June, he started working Mastermind to handle wholesale side of the business and distribution/CS for the direct sales. Prior to that, everything was being handled by his team. This is where things went bad for him. Randall probably could have avoided this if he had kept Mastermind as his CS & wholesale distribution partner, but he probably felt that they were not providing the level of support that he could with his own team, and it probably bothered him that they where getting that cut of the wholesale business. He dissolved is agreement with Mastermind, they used their ability to move volume to entice the Manufacturer to cut Randall out, and here we are.

I would expect a couple of things to happen here moving forward.

#1) the rapid iteration of Carta accessories will likely slow down. I do not thing Mastermind will be consistently be trying to make the carta better with the same passion as Randall had. And Chinese manufacturers have zero fucking clue. They just make shit and sometimes it works well.

#2) Randall will resurface with a new device. He will likely be starting from the ground up again, but that dude hustles as a marketer...If he hasn’t been so badly burned by this one that he says screw it

#3) Carta customer support will likely degrade, as I’ve never seen a brand in this space work so hard to make sure that customers have success as Randall’s team did representing the Carta

again, all just opinionated observations as someone who has watched this all unfold over the past year or so

MiztressNemesis

I have to say this is all confusing and has given me 0 faith in this company..period. It is so difficult to figure out wtf is the deal here and what is the actual truth. WHO is going to handle the warranties of which there are always seemingly many? I do know it has not been a great experience for many of us but this info tends to shed some light on things. If there is shifty stuff going on inside the company then yeah, of course that is going to reflect on the product. I REALLY just want to know which is the correct owner and has the legal right to sell and warranty Carta? What about our personal info now on the website? Is that safe now the company has proven to have some shifty shit going on? Questions that need answers

MiztressNemesis,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shadyguy

Yes, there are two places to order from, one ran by Randall and team and the other ran by Mastermind. The new owners claim they will honor all warranties for cartas purchased from Randall. I just purchased a titanium cap and some heater plates from Randall and had no problem. I also have a sic from fadespace coming today so will post my thoughts later.

Randall claims he is already working on a version 3 carta. So far he listed bigger buckets, removable air path for cleaning and an adaptor to use current carta glass and even peak glass. All of this was posted on reddit.

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Randall claims he is already working on a version 3 carta. So far he listed bigger buckets, removable air path for cleaning and an adaptor to use current carta glass and even peak glass. All of this was posted on reddit.

hope those adapters look sleek, also not sure how a single adapter will accomadate both peak and carta attachments as most peak attachments are designed with that angle in mind and most carta pieces are designed vertically

Tuck

Are there any black Friday deals on the Carta? Should I get a v2 or pre-order the blue Carta?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tuck,

Lovedabs

Hi guys.
Came across your thread and it's made me take the plunge and purchase myself a crimson carta.
I'm after a bit of help... I've tried getting on the focus site but it seems to be down.
I've had a little issue where my vape has been stopped by customs and they are requesting a ec-Id number before they release it. (from what I gather this is a unique product I'd to conform to new EU vaping regs). Anyone any experiance of this happening or any EU members on here know what a cartas EU-I'd number is?

Thanks for your help, hopefully be posting a few pics of my new toy soon and getting more involved in the forum

Lovedabs,

Oh_hello

Just saw this on a focus Carta fb group

Focus_v_carta_lawsuit on IG?

Carta class action like Puffco has? Lol

These always have some pretty funny posts and comments

Top Bottom