Carta by Focus V

Unibonger

I have the original Carta and enjoy it daily. I have atomizers for concentrates and flower, both work very well. I also have parts to rebuild my attys. Anxious to hear how you like the next gen but not anxious to drop $350US on it.

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Was wondering if someone can clue me in here... I inherited an in-the-box new Carta V and trying to use it. Sometimes it works once or twice then it suddenly starts giving me the 8-white-flash indication that it is overheating... even when I am just trying to start a new session.
What is the key to using this thing for herb?
I load it up, click it on, and when I try to set the temp it just flashes white lights 8 times...
Anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it?

MoeOnTheMoon,

Greenleaf88

Was wondering if someone can clue me in here... I inherited an in-the-box new Carta V and trying to use it. Sometimes it works once or twice then it suddenly starts giving me the 8-white-flash indication that it is overheating... even when I am just trying to start a new session.
What is the key to using this thing for herb?
I load it up, click it on, and when I try to set the temp it just flashes white lights 8 times...
Anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it?
When i used to use my carta it used to do that at times from cold I would loosen or tighten my atomizer until it would work. Hope that helps and Goodluck.

Greenleaf88,

felvapes

If I remember right that is open circuit, either bad atty or bad connection to the atty, try another atty you know is good. Using for herb on the Carta never worked any good for me, stick to concentrates it does that ok.
Carta sucked for dry herb for me
I found the sic dish would blow coils more often and quickly compared to the Ti
Was a nice little hard hitter with trates though, but a pita to maintain and keep clean

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
When i used to use my carta it used to do that at times from cold I would loosen or tighten my atomizer until it would work. Hope that helps and Goodluck.
Thanks to all who replied. I was hoping for a sure fix but I think you are right as it seems to be intermittent. It worked well 2-3 times then stopped working at all, then worked once again, etc.
As to the suggestion for a new atty where would I get one? from focusv? Are they still in business?

I did not read all 83 posts here but skimmed through and noticed that people were saying there is little or no customer service at Focus V.

Meanwhile I'll try loosening/tightening the atty as suggested.
As to it only working well for concentrates, unfortunately I only use dry herb as I don't have a connection for concentrates. Also prefer dry herb anyway...
Thanks again for the responses!

This is prolly a terrible thing to say here but if it doesn't work for dry herb vaping, I guess I can at least have a $200 "bong" to combust with. LOL.

felvapes

Thanks to all who replied. I was hoping for a sure fix but I think you are right as it seems to be intermittent. It worked well 2-3 times then stopped working at all, then worked once again, etc.
As to the suggestion for a new atty where would I get one? from focusv? Are they still in business?

I did not read all 83 posts here but skimmed through and noticed that people were saying there is little or no customer service at Focus V.

Meanwhile I'll try loosening/tightening the atty as suggested.
As to it only working well for concentrates, unfortunately I only use dry herb as I don't have a connection for concentrates. Also prefer dry herb anyway...
Thanks again for the responses!

This is prolly a terrible thing to say here but if it doesn't work for dry herb vaping, I guess I can at least have a $200 "bong" to combust with. LOL.
It kinda works for weed, but not really that well at all

In regards to a new atty
I bought heatplates from DHgate or AliExpress for very cheap to rebuild the atty myself
Wasn't too difficult at all and a lot cheaper as they tend to blow at times

Dab nation and focus v have websites though and sell parts I think if you want genuine

biohacker

Yes for over a year now.
As well as a Peak pro with 3d that hardly gets used...

Carta just works better and is way more consistent.

Wooaah! Really!? I've been put off by what i've seen about the battery life and CS. How does it work better? And what do you mean about working more consistently? I've only had my Pro for a few days, but it hasn't skipped a bit (along side the Proxy).

You have the dt core 2 as well yeah bro?

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
Wooaah! Really!? I've been put off by what i've seen about the battery life and CS. How does it work better? And what do you mean about working more consistently? I've only had my Pro for a few days, but it hasn't skipped a bit (along side the Proxy).

You have the dt core 2 as well yeah bro?

I had one issue with it in the year I have had it. Cleaned it and had an atomizer not found issue.
This is by desing IMO and is the weakest part of the atty, they use a miniscule bit of wire as a contact point...
I replaced the wire with a longer and thicker gauge and it's never been better!

I find it vapes a lot better at lower temps and does not leave as much residue. Usually around 460F and it pumps out vapor and flavor!
You also don't need to inhale like a baby with bad asthma either and can just rip it!

Battery life does not affect me in any way but I do not rip it every minute of the day either... A few hits a night and it lasts me a week or so. It also has pass through charging, so it does not really come into the picture for me!
A battery pack charges it up if I am out and about.

I would say a full charge should give you 15+ sessions.

Same temp in my Pro and it gives weak ass hits and leaves a large puddle. I have not updated yet.
I find the inhale to be sooooo slow on the peak it's annoying!

Core 2.0 hits like a train but it's only 4 preset temps. Really enjoy using it as well but it's not as flavourful as the other two.

I have to say my Dr Dabber Switch gets the most use, then the Carta V2.

I would rather use my torch, banger and sapphire insert over my Peak Pro!

biohacker

@lazylathe the puffco silicone sleeves fit over the Carta chamber right? So you can use Puffco caps and such with it?

I can't believe Carta atties have a 6 month warranty vs Puffco's 1 month!

I now have two fully working new peak pro's that i'm in love with but somehow still can't shake the Carta outta my mind! lol Moreso than Pockety for some reason.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe the puffco silicone sleeves fit over the Carta chamber right? So you can use Puffco caps and such with it?

I can't believe Carta atties have a 6 month warranty vs Puffco's 1 month!

I now have two fully working new peak pro's that i'm in love with but somehow still can't shake the Carta outta my mind! lol Moreso than Pockety for some reason.
How about I ship it out to you for testing??
I have not dabbed in a few days and have other toys to keep me interested!

Try it out and see what you think!
Shoot me your new address and I will ship it to you for testing!

pomogirl

It kinda works for weed, but not really that well at all

In regards to a new atty
I bought heatplates from DHgate or AliExpress for very cheap to rebuild the atty myself
Wasn't too difficult at all and a lot cheaper as they tend to blow at times

Dab nation and focus v have websites though and sell parts I think if you want genuine
I have a Carta OG, but I will probably get a Carta 2--I notice Dabnation has good sales on them every so often, but tbh, Dabnation really messed up some of my glass orders last year, and they seem to neglect online shoppers a bit nowadays. But they have killer 30-40% off sales sometimes.

pomogirl,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Cdwhit

While this device is sold primarily as a dab device, adding an inexpensive optional follower bowl allows you to use it as a flower vaporizer. I’ve only played with it a little so far, but it does seem to work pretty well as a dry herb vape. To me, the biggest advantage is that I can take one device with me and can use concentrate and flower. I wish the bowl did have a cover though.

Cdwhit,

Katch

Very interesting, thanks. What is the follower bowl, I don't think I've come across that? Were you able to get the Carta on sale?

What's the vape comparable to...like a DynaVap, or Mighty, or?

Katch,

Cdwhit

Very interesting, thanks. What is the follower bowl, I don't think I've come across that? Were you able to get the Carta on sale?

What's the vape comparable to...like a DynaVap, or Mighty, or?
Follower bowl = autocorrect. It should say “Flower bowl”. On wax, the device hit’s on par with my son’s Proxy, (I’ve never used a Peak Pro, but probably on par with it. On flower, it depends on the temp of course, but I get decent vapor. Not on the level of the Mighty+, but a lot more than the IQC. 3 preset temperature and times that caan be changed, or degree by degree adjustment. Design very similar to the Peak Pro, but the paarts are NOT interchangeable between them apparently, and CARTA being less known than the peak, there isn’t as much after market stuff available.

Igot it local, so paid extra for it, but still $100 or so less than the Peak Pro.

Did you post this in the wrong section, or did you forget to ask your question?
I just wanted to get it added to the list. It seems like a great device for concentrates, and pretty passable as a flower vape. I
I’m amazed I don’t see more love for this device.

Katch

Follower bowl = autocorrect. It should say “Flower bowl”. On wax, the device hit’s on par with my son’s Proxy, (I’ve never used a Peak Pro, but probably on par with it. On flower, it depends on the temp of course, but I get decent vapor. Not on the level of the Mighty+, but a lot more than the IQC. 3 preset temperature and times that caan be changed, or degree by degree adjustment. Design very similar to the Peak Pro, but the paarts are NOT interchangeable between them apparently, and CARTA being less known than the peak, there isn’t as much after market stuff available.

Igot it local, so paid extra for it, but still $100 or so less than the Peak Pro.

I just wanted to get it added to the list. It seems like a great device for concentrates, and pretty passable as a flower vape. I
I’m amazed I don’t see more love for this device.
Appreciate the feedback, thanks :cheers:

Katch,
Reactions: Cdwhit
Top Bottom