• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Carta by Focus V

started@52

Website is not very iOS friendly, kinda like the Carta. Maybe the sic dish will make the one of the preset temps work better but that’s another $45. If your going to advertise and sell a device that works best with the app, the app should work first. Atty that last less then a month, maybe the ever last atty should have been developed first too? My opinion, Carta was released too soon. Yup, that’s how I really feel, I really wanted to like this vape too.

I was an 8 week beta tester for a yet to be released vape and was provided for free, the vape, app, AND product(yes they sent me to a dispensary and was given(for a penny? To be legal I guess) a lot of material! The vape was packaged like it was in full production mode with box, instructions, everything. It wasn’t ready and has still not been released although they thought it was ready to go. That’s the way to test a vape! BTW, the iOS version was and still is available to be downloaded through the official apple App Store like a normal app, no “side loading”.
The beta vape I tested is not competition for the carta and I am not putting the carta down to promote another vape. In fact I did not care for the beta vape I tested nor would I recommend it to anyone in the state I tested it in and probably not even the final version when it’s released so I have absolutely no skin in this game.

Last edited:

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I do see a few people are having issues with the site registration. that I am checking in on as it works for most people who are placing orders now (they did seem to find a confirmation email in there spam box though)

as far as any thought of the carta not being a finished product. I would say that the only hiccup is the app for iOS only so far. the app works with 90% of customers for andriod (we have zero returns for the bluetooth now) if you happen to have an issue with your android then you should of course contact customer service.

For those of you burning through atomizers much faster then most of our customers. I can assure you this is not some wide spread issue (although some would love to believe that) we have over 10k units on the market now and less then a 5% warranty rate on all atomizers on the market. although I would like to get that down to 1% or less with the new everlast.

The beta program / test release program is something we did not need to do. as most companies do not. We appreciate all feedback on our product and we understand not everyone is going to use it and feel the exact same way as the majority of our customers. but I stand firm behind our product and service.

Perhaps the concept of a company that is willing to admit to product faults and fix them in motion as oppose to ignoring the problem may be new or hard to understand for some, but I assure you our goals and intentions are always and will always remain CUSTOMER FOCUSED.

I can tell you guys from 10 years in the industry you can not please everyone. but i can try! lol

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
So quick reminder for the BETA team/or anyone that will accumulate reward points...

Once you click 'Redeem' it will generate a code, COPY THAT CODE immediately. If you happen to switch tabs and come back (like I did), the pop-up window with the code will disappear, and points are automatically deducted.

To redeem that code once again, scroll all the way down of the Rewards page & click 'Transaction History' (View past earnings & redemptions) and the code will be located on that pop-up window.

In that case, got a nice discount on the Everlast Atty with priority shipping. Can't wait for it to get here!

EDIT: Seems like they send you the Rewards code that was redeemed, to the email linked with the account. Found that out after I placed the order lol

Last edited:

started@52

I do see a few people are having issues with the site registration. that I am checking in on as it works for most people who are placing orders now (they did seem to find a confirmation email in there spam box though)

as far as any thought of the carta not being a finished product. I would say that the only hiccup is the app for iOS only so far. the app works with 90% of customers for andriod (we have zero returns for the bluetooth now) if you happen to have an issue with your android then you should of course contact customer service.

For those of you burning through atomizers much faster then most of our customers. I can assure you this is not some wide spread issue (although some would love to believe that) we have over 10k units on the market now and less then a 5% warranty rate on all atomizers on the market. although I would like to get that down to 1% or less with the new everlast.

The beta program / test release program is something we did not need to do. as most companies do not. We appreciate all feedback on our product and we understand not everyone is going to use it and feel the exact same way as the majority of our customers. but I stand firm behind our product and service.

Perhaps the concept of a company that is willing to admit to product faults and fix them in motion as oppose to ignoring the problem may be new or hard to understand for some, but I assure you our goals and intentions are always and will always remain CUSTOMER FOCUSED.

I can tell you guys from 10 years in the industry you can not please everyone. but i can try! lol
How do you release a product advertising an iOS app without having an app already in the App Store? That’s my main gripe as I believe it is needed to operate the vape properly and not be just a paperweight until the app is ready. Guess that was my fault for not waiting. I sold mine with hopes of buying another when the app is up. Still waiting...you can give legit answers but the bottom line is the app should have been in the App Store or not advertised it before it was released. Just my take on things. Should not have to rely on IG or any social media for updates either. Rant over, In the end I hope everything works great for everyone, not being sarcastic either.

Last edited:

freddiegibbs

Should not have to rely on IG or any social media for updates either.
Lol wut? It's almost 2020. That is a perfectly reasonable way for a business - especially a cannabis startup - to disseminate information.

Also the fact that you have some kind of mental block or moral objection to sideloading the app doesn't mean it's any less functional. It works perfectly fine.

Dragonlore

Let's not get overly "partisan".
I don't agree with many opinions here.
I do respect them though.
It's the unflattering opinions that tends to have more impact on positive product grown, than the glowing ones.

Sorry, off my soap box.

started@52

Lol wut? It's almost 2020. That is a perfectly reasonable way for a business - especially a cannabis startup - to disseminate information.

Also the fact that you have some kind of mental block or moral objection to sideloading the app doesn't mean it's any less functional. It works perfectly fine.
Yes it’s 2019 no reason to have to side load an app. No mental block or moral objections, I have excitedly tried three times, I’m not a computer expert but I’m not a dummy either. It does not work on my windows machine or Mac(mac I kinda understand but again it’s 2019 it should). If it did I might be a little more companionate. I like going to a companies webpage for updates, not saying they shouldn’t use social media, just saying it should be on there official web page first. Focus website is not even iOS or maybe just not mobile device friendly. It works but again as you have stated it’s almost 2020 it should work on all modern platforms. It’s all good, not trying to argue although I’ll admit I kinda am. Not mad at you by any means, you have been extremely helpful and patient.

Last edited:
started@52,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Ph0ur20

Yes it’s 2019 no reason to have to side load an app. No mental block or moral objections, I have excitedly tried three times, I’m not a computer expert but I’m not a dummy either. It does not work on my windows machine or Mac(mac I kinda understand but again it’s 2019 it should). If it did I might be a little more companionate. I like going to a companies webpage for updates, not saying they shouldn’t use social media, just saying it should be on there official web page first. Focus website is not iOS or maybe just not mobile device friendly. It works but again as you have stated it’s almost 2020 it should work on all modern platforms. It’s all good, not trying to argue although I’ll admit I kinda am. Not mad at you by any means, you have been extremely helpful and patient.
I have a Mac and I was able to load it on my on my iPhone. Let me see if I can find the YouTube video that I followed for instructions.

I have a Mac and I was able to load it on my on my iPhone. Let me see if I can find the YouTube video that I followed for instructions.

Just follow it step-by-step and it took me a couple minutes to install.

Last edited by a moderator:

b0

Cloudy...
Yes it’s 2019 no reason to have to side load an app. No mental block or moral objections, I have excitedly tried three times, I’m not a computer expert but I’m not a dummy either. It does not work on my windows machine or Mac(mac I kinda understand but again it’s 2019 it should). If it did I might be a little more companionate. I like going to a companies webpage for updates, not saying they shouldn’t use social media, just saying it should be on there official web page first. Focus website is not iOS or maybe just not mobile device friendly. It works but again as you have stated it’s almost 2020 it should work on all modern platforms. It’s all good, not trying to argue although I’ll admit I kinda am. Not mad at you by any means, you have been extremely helpful and patient.

The fault of the app not being in the appstore is APPLE´s and their policy. You bought their product accepting their policies so IMO you should be blaming them, not focusV

MiztressNemesis

Is this better/different than the standard atty or are people just buying a lifetime warranty?
If it is different/better, will it become a standard item? It just seems weird that I would have to pay extra for something that should really be standard.:2c:

Hear Hear! As an early adopter I feel exactly the same way! Unfortunately, not being a Beta tester (hadn't heard of the Carta before it released so didn't get the option) we don't get all the extras for going through basically a testing phase with the old version attys etc being shipped to us in the first place irregardless of having to warranty bases which also should not have happened in the volume it did imo. I DID get my warrantied base in decent time for that I was grateful but to have to have done that in the first place with all the v1 attys etc when v2 was like a day away is sort of meh. I am sat here looking at 2 attys v1 that are garbage and 2 attys v2 one of which is working, the other ate my 2 repair kit plates and I am STILL waiting to hear about my warranty on it although frankly no point now imo with the Everlast. lol I LOVE the Carta when it is working with no issues and am actually (I sort of hate myself for this) going to order an Everlast and a SiC. I am just really not impressed with the amount of warranty stuff necessary and all the mass changes to the stuff I was originally shipped. Just feel like we got a bit punished by early adopting. :\

started@52

The fault of the app not being in the appstore is APPLE´s and their policy. You bought their product accepting their policies so IMO you should be blaming them, not focusV
No bro, the app should have been submitted, approved AND already available for download BEFORE they advertised it. Sorry you can’t spin this one. These guys all did. Well not the last one, that app turns on and off my smart outlet, lol.

Edit: believe it or not I HATE needing an app to control my vape. I may be a dinosaur but I believe ALL data is being collected and “can and will be used against you” if you ever end up in a situation where someone or agency needs to. That being said I choose to risk it for the(my) cause, lol.
F11-DB41-B-60-C4-4-DB5-8-E08-1-D66-C0-D85987.jpg

Last edited:

MiztressNemesis

3 Suggestions for anyone having issues.

1st if you have an atomizer issue try the following steps.
- clean the threading (both atomizer and body)
- pull the brass pin out of the bottom of the atomizer and clean that as well
(swab the inside of the bottom of the atomizer before securing the pin again)

I am adding the last of the new products now. running a test order. and lunching tonight. your BETA TEAM credit as already been applied to your accounts! make sure to check your junk mail if you didnt see the notification.

Yep and I emailed you guys a pic of the grommet burned when i took the brass pin out on the second starting to support the warranty like 3 weeks ago. The wire looks cut too short on the one side. Pics are also further up in this thread. Doesn't matter now anyway I just ordered a SiC, Everlast and a tether as my last final effort here. Wish me better luck LOL

LTBOOKEM

In that case, got a nice discount on the Everlast Atty with priority shipping. Can't wait for it to get here!

So I got my beta team points but where/how do you use the 30% off discount? I tried checking out with some items but I didn't see anywhere it was going to apply.

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
So I got my beta team points but where/how do you use the 30% off discount? I tried checking out with some items but I didn't see anywhere it was going to apply.

I redeemed the 2500 points I was given towards an Everlast Atty. Randall said the 30% for beta team members will apply once the site goes live. From what I was told on Instagram, the site still isn't 100% completed

Ph0ur20

I bit the bullet and bought the everlast and the sic insert. Hopefully I don’t get bitten in the ass again. My one gripe is people that have bought previous items don’t get points for those items so that’s my only annoyance about the whole set up with the point system. I feel like I should get all those points from my previous Magna Carta. I tried calling them yesterday multiple times and emailed and got zero replies the phone system is basically futile.

b0

Cloudy...
I bit the bullet and bought the everlast and the sic insert. Hopefully I don’t get bitten in the ass again. My one gripe is people that have bought previous items don’t get points for those items so that’s my only annoyance about the whole set up with the point system. I feel like I should get all those points from my previous Magna Carta. I tried calling them yesterday multiple times and emailed and got zero replies the phone system is basically futile.

I'm with you in that, I want my points for my magna. I got my account working but my magna adquisition isn't even there...

My fs sic insert is gonna be with me tomorrow, really excited about it!

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey guys for past points we will be adding your existing orders to the new site and applying the points. If you want then applied a little faster just shoot us a call and we will add it for you then.

As far as the app again. Android version is going strong and is as easy as clicking download. Apple we will continue to push towards and get on the market. I do apologize (again) to the few that are having issues getting the app to work or feel they have to go out of there way to get the app installed. But I can only work within my means to get it added.

Yes we do updates on IG. 88% of my traffic and sales comes from IG so I don’t see that changing any time soon.

I don’t want to dismiss anyone’s issues but I also would love to refocus this page into something more constructive. If there is anyone That may have a new issue to deal with or handle please by all means shoot me a PM so we can get you settled.

Other then that we have $2 tuesdays happening today.

Oh the beta30 should of just been applied to the pricing from login! Iv seen a few people use it so if you are having an issue directly applying it shoot me a call or DM today as well.

Last thing

Warranties are there for a reason! It’s to protect you the consumer from a faulty or bad batch etc... never hesitate to take advantage of the warranty service!

Everlast has lifetime warranty
(If it breaks never pay for a new one!)

Carta has a 3 year warranty
(We babe replacement bases now for a much faster turnaround on replacements)

We also have hired 4 new staff members recently specifically for customer service. If you have any questions concerns comments or just want to know how something works. Shoot us a call or use the live chat on the website.
(Live chat is a newer system so we might be a bit slower on that to start)

started@52

Hey guys for past points we will be adding your existing orders to the new site and applying the points. If you want then applied a little faster just shoot us a call and we will add it for you then.

As far as the app again. Android version is going strong and is as easy as clicking download. Apple we will continue to push towards and get on the market. I do apologize (again) to the few that are having issues getting the app to work or feel they have to go out of there way to get the app installed. But I can only work within my means to get it added.

Yes we do updates on IG. 88% of my traffic and sales comes from IG so I don’t see that changing any time soon.

I don’t want to dismiss anyone’s issues but I also would love to refocus this page into something more constructive. If there is anyone That may have a new issue to deal with or handle please by all means shoot me a PM so we can get you settled.

Oh the beta30 should of just been applied to the pricing from login! Iv seen a few people use it so if you are having an issue directly applying it shoot me a call or DM today as well.

Last thing

Warranties are there for a reason! It’s to protect you the consumer from a faulty or bad batch etc... never hesitate to take advantage of the warranty service!

Everlast has lifetime warranty
(If it breaks never pay for a new one!)

Carta has a 3 year warranty
(We babe replacement bases now for a much faster turnaround on replacements)

We also have hired 4 new staff members recently specifically for customer service. If you have any questions concerns comments or just want to know how something works. Shoot us a call or use the live chat on the website.
(Live chat is a newer system so we might be a bit slower on that to start)
Good post and sounds like a good idea. :)

Dragonlore

Not being rude but that sounds like a ton of business being left on the table.
88% of your sales come from your primary advertising.
Imagine what sales could be by expanding that thinking.
Especially when you consider the finicky, trendy nature of platforms like ig.
"Influencers" who wish to grow and maintain their following numbers have to follow tends and the " next big thing up". "Latest" things even outway "greatest" when you want to show that your on the "pulse" of the "lifestyle".

It's my opinion that this approach has a tendency to ignore growing markets, that in turn leads to slower, weaker growth.
I still believe a stable, multi targeted, system helps foster more stable growth. Especially in "grey" markets.

Kinda like " sex panther". 60% of the time it works, everytime.
Don't be Sex Panther.

Shouldn't it be $10 Tuesdays?
The tickets say $10 each on site.

Sorry, I really need to get rid of this soap box.:rockon:

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Not being rude but that sounds like a ton of business being left on the table.
88% of your sales come from your primary advertising.
Imagine what sales could be by expanding that thinking.
Especially when you consider the finicky, trendy nature of platforms like ig.
"Influencers" who wish to grow and maintain their following numbers have to follow tends and the " next big thing up". "Latest" things even outway "greatest" when you want to show that your on the "pulse" of the "lifestyle".

It's my opinion that this approach has a tendency to ignore growing markets, that in turn leads to slower, weaker growth.
I still believe a stable, multi targeted, system helps foster more stable growth. Especially in "grey" markets.

Kinda like " sex panther". 60% of the time it works, everytime.
Don't be Sex Panther.

Shouldn't it be $10 Tuesdays?
The tickets say $10 each on site.

Sorry, I really need to get rid of this soap box.:rockon:

Agree with all of what you said in theory, but there's something to be said for growth thru planning. They are a small, still growing company. I would hate for any company in this position to bite off more than they're ready to chew.

Give 'em time!

CanoVet

Skilled professional
Little help please......just switched atomizers from concentrate to flower tried the flower atomizer then decided to put concentrate atomizer back on when I did it started overheating like crazy....thought it needed a rebuild......still overheating....thought it needed a new atomizer all together.....still overheating....this is a black magna carta. I got a v2 carta also and it works just fine.....anyone know what's up.......

Top Bottom