Carta by Focus V

710Coils

Manufacturer
So far I find the app is where its at for being able to control the temps and how much time I want for my sesh. I have found I really like this since I prefer a longer hear cycle and my temps to be closer to 500 with the titanium insert. To me the app is one of the biggest features along with replaceable batteries, that I am really appreciating. I definitely want to see the app evolve more. But it is one of the things that the peak sort of fell short on. If you were able to control the sesh the same way you can with the carta app. It would of been a massive plus. But they missed the boat on that and it makes me happy to see Focus V see the real value in giving the user control over how they want their sesh to go down =)

I would love to see a fitted splash guard insert with an opaque bottom that is heat polished to be nice and smooth.

My final thought is around how far this can come with tweaks to the software and the inserts. The atomizers are much sturdier than the peaks and can seem to take some serious abuse.

I think this is still evolving, but is worth the investment as long as you are willing to get the app up and running and are also willing to wait for some sweet attachments and inserts.

And Biao.t is making me a lollipop Klein attachment for 85 shipped (Blowing my mind!!!)

Drops mic and steps off stage like a little dog with a big dog complex =P

jamesvally

Thank you @710Coils. Of course I just moved recently and got ride of my last windows pc. Guess I’m making another trip out today to buy and cheap windows computer. Will the program work through boot camp by chance?

jamesvally,
Reactions: LesPlenty

mc

What S version of android galaxy phones are working with the app? I may buy a new phone soon and I'm looking at anything 8 or above hopefully.

MonkeyTime

What S version of android galaxy phones are working with the app? I may buy a new phone soon and I'm looking at anything 8 or above hopefully.

It has worked great with a number of phones including this S9 and a S6, are people with newer units still having problems? I've had none since having my unit replaced.

Also just got my notice of shipping soon for a holy white Magna Carta as part of the Pre-Order team, really excited! Would have preferred the black but I think there's gotta be a way to customize it, it may end up being more fun!

tblaze330

So far I find the app is where its at for being able to control the temps and how much time I want for my sesh. I have found I really like this since I prefer a longer hear cycle and my temps to be closer to 500 with the titanium insert. To me the app is one of the biggest features along with replaceable batteries, that I am really appreciating. I definitely want to see the app evolve more. But it is one of the things that the peak sort of fell short on. If you were able to control the sesh the same way you can with the carta app. It would of been a massive plus. But they missed the boat on that and it makes me happy to see Focus V see the real value in giving the user control over how they want their sesh to go down =)

I would love to see a fitted splash guard insert with an opaque bottom that is heat polished to be nice and smooth.

My final thought is around how far this can come with tweaks to the software and the inserts. The atomizers are much sturdier than the peaks and can seem to take some serious abuse.

I think this is still evolving, but is worth the investment as long as you are willing to get the app up and running and are also willing to wait for some sweet attachments and inserts.

And Biao.t is making me a lollipop Klein attachment for 85 shipped (Blowing my mind!!!)

Drops mic and steps off stage like a little dog with a big dog complex =P

Whats the ETA for the Biao.T glass? I have a piece coming across the pond but it was already made. I was too impatient to wait in line for him to make a custom piece but maybe after I receive my first piece i will order a 2nd piece.

MakeVio

If my batteries were fully charged last night before bed but now whenever I turn the device on it blinks red and orange lights. Is the whole base defective or just the batteries :/

MiztressNemesis

Well, 6 days ago I sadly submitted yet another warranty for the new warrantied atty they sent that was defective and still waiting to hear from them. Good to hear they are sending out new units to people in the interim though eh? LOL Honestly I really feel this release was rushed and we early adopters (not beta testers - you guys knew what you were signing up for...testing) were almost in a way beta testing too! What with being sent atty's and non-connective bases that clearly were not ready for market or they would not be redesigning it as they are nor having as many issues as I see across the internet.The Carta is great WHEN WORKING but they should have waited to release until they worked out the entire package tethers, carbs, working bases and ATTYS that work. IMO, nobody should have been receiving on order the old style atty without the numbers on them & QC needs to be much higher.

tblaze330

Just curious if any Fadespace SiC owners have figured out their fav temp with the bucket. I have one in the mail and clueless what temp to start with. I currently use app at about 533 with a ruby terp pearl on cold a start with Titanium bucket for about 45 secs. Then a second cycle of about 30-45 secs depending on dab size. This will be my first experience with an SiC insert so I’m definitely excited to taste the difference *pause*

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
New Crimson Carta is available for preorder, comes with their new SiC dish and preset new temps. Picture looks like a computer rendering but it looks like they may have changed the outside material because it looks shinier and almost like metal. Might hold up a lot better than

IOS app progress? I apologize if I missed any recent updates.
There is no update that ive seen. Everytime someone asks they say something like “weve just resubmitted it to apple and are waiting to hear back.”
were almost in a way beta testing too! What with being sent atty's and non-connective bases that clearly were not ready for market or they would not be redesigning it as they are nor having as many issues as I see across the internet.The Carta is great WHEN WORKING but they should have waited to release until they worked out the entire package tethers, carbs, working bases and ATTYS that work. IMO, nobody should have been receiving on order the old style atty without the numbers on them & QC needs to be much higher.
Theres always issues that are going to pop up after beta testing when production is scaled up. But i do agree with you that the beta round seemed a rushed.

Mynameismud,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
New Crimson Carta is available for preorder, comes with their new SiC dish and preset new temps.

red-carta.jpg

Holy Ch-iron Man that colorway looks :puke: , nice to see them taking my great feedback though on offering an upgraded model.

This definitely tells me they are still reading this thread, but have opted out of commenting/participating further... :\

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
red-carta.jpg

Holy Ch-iron Man that colorway looks :puke: , nice to see them taking my great feedback though on offering an upgraded model.

This definitely tells me they are still reading this thread, but have opted out of commenting/participating further... :\

I actually like the color better than all white or black/white and if they changed the material thats def an improvement.

Also to be fair they were talking about a red one 3-4 months ago before the magnacarta even went on presale

I got tired of having to side load weekly on my iOS, and instead bought a $40 android phone used exclusively as my carta controller....
I am having this issue with a different app. I just read that you can block the website ocsp.apple.com and it should stop removing the certifications every week. Just did it but im not sure if it actually works

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubmonkey

Anyone got any thoughts on the dry atomizer? Looking at scooping a Magna Carta. There is no sapphire available checked with AdaptTech.

So will be checking the SIC options.

Got s killer peak set up but want a dry herb portable rig.

Dubmonkey,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I read a youtube comment about ISO removing paint on the bodies of these? Has anyone else had this experience? Youtube comments tend not to be the best source for information, but I seem to remember something similar with the red Boundless (erm... BNDLS) CFV??

muunch,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Anyone got any thoughts on the dry atomizer? Looking at scooping a Magna Carta. There is no sapphire available checked with AdaptTech.

So will be checking the SIC options.

Got s killer peak set up but want a dry herb portable rig.
If you dont mind waiting a couple months the new red one comes with everything the magna carta has and also comes with their new sic dish

I read a youtube comment about ISO removing paint on the bodies of these? Has anyone else had this experience? Youtube comments tend not to be the best source for information, but I seem to remember something similar with the red Boundless (erm... BNDLS) CFV??

Yes the outside material is flaking off after using iso to wipe it clean. Theres been a few people that have reported about it on here in the past also. Also the white part is stained yellow in spots now

Mynameismud,

MiztressNemesis

So..
15 days ago warranty submitted to FocusV for the atty they sent as warranty to replace faulty one and have heard 0 from them. I have ordered yet ANOTHER atty because I want to use this Carta but even the repair kit I purchased got eaten by the earlier model atty and so yeah, I am feeling pretty out of pocket and like I am throwing good money after bad. Anyone getting warranties still or have they just stopped bothering?

MiztressNemesis,
Top Bottom