• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Carta by Focus V

Azn2101

If you want to try a few different sized SiC terp balls, here is a set of 10 of different sizes to try;
https://www.dhgate.com/product/sic-...-3-969/426255741.html#s1-4-1;searl|2222399775

• Product Name: SIC Ceramic balls 1.588 2.381 3 3.175 3.969 4 4.763 5 5.953 6 ( 10 PC) Silicon Carbide G5 Precision Ball
HTB1tgCKpiOYBuNjSsD4q6zSkFXaf.jpg

I wish I knew if these were quality (or at least non-toxic) Silicon Carbide cause I just dont want to risk any form of off-gassing or something like that. Even with the $100 bulk pack of 3mm im not sure if they're quality either.

Thats why it would be awesome to get some info on what to look for in good or bad quality Silicon Carbide.

But thank you for showing these to me.

Im wondering how much of this is for not when we'll be having access to SiC inserts within the next few weeks (days if you went Fadespace) and also if the SiC pearls will be the best in a SiC insert :hmm:...and the plot thickens lol.

Azn2101

I use a DNail SiC Comet in my SiC Halo dish, as do many others, so not really just for these type of products.:tup:

My bad, I mean terp pearls of all types in general will increase effeciency of the material added if used correctly but I mainly meant the search & supply of 3mm SiC terp pearls but that's where my knowledge of terp pearls ends and the information and lingo starts to fly over my head lol.

Like Since SiC retains heat so much better than Quartz or Boro im wondering if pearls of those same materials would heat to the point of what the boro balls do now in the Ti insert by going from no-little effect to Cloud City in a split second not totally ruining the flavor but just adding that hint of burnt taste to a really terpy dab bugs me. That could just be me though.

Because it's so easy to boil the 3mm beads onto the surface of both inserts and can fairly easily turn a tasty dab musty & burnt. Kind of like a black hole for your oil's flavor thats really hard to avoid once it begins because it's taking up 1/3rd of the entire surface.

I think that with the diameter of 10mm being so small to begin with will be really effective already and with Randall saying that the SiC needed a bit of extra time to heat up (and that was on the Everlasts O think) and im wondering if adding a 3-4mm ball of mass will just stifle the effects of the insert itself by transferring heat into the pearl that could go directly into the material.

But as I stated in the previous paragraph im not well versed regarding the materials themselves or interactions with different vaporization materials combined, so take this as no more than a semi-educated guess lol.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I’ve been liking my carta for on the go but I don’t understand how the plastic outside of the bowl isn’t offgassing or something. The hot quartz is right next to it. Anyone have any insight?

Other than that I really like mine

pghjd

I wish I knew if these were quality (or at least non-toxic) Silicon Carbide cause I just dont want to risk any form of off-gassing or something like that. Even with the $100 bulk pack of 3mm im not sure if they're quality either.

Thats why it would be awesome to get some info on what to look for in good or bad quality Silicon Carbide.

But thank you for showing these to me.

Im wondering how much of this is for not when we'll be having access to SiC inserts within the next few weeks (days if you went Fadespace) and also if the SiC pearls will be the best in a SiC insert :hmm:...and the plot thickens lol.
SiC can't offgas at the temps we use it at. Its undamaged by heat up to 1800 °C.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
As long as the DHGate ones are actually SiC, the listing says working temp is 1000c.(1830f).
I suppose they would have a specific electrical resistance that can be checked with a multimeter?

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Azn2101

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My bad, I mean terp pearls of all types in general will increase effeciency of the material added if used correctly but I mainly meant the search & supply of 3mm SiC terp pearls but that's where my knowledge of terp pearls ends and the information and lingo starts to fly over my head lol.

Like Since SiC retains heat so much better than Quartz or Boro im wondering if pearls of those same materials would heat to the point of what the boro balls do now in the Ti insert by going from no-little effect to Cloud City in a split second not totally ruining the flavor but just adding that hint of burnt taste to a really terpy dab bugs me. That could just be me though.

Because it's so easy to boil the 3mm beads onto the surface of both inserts and can fairly easily turn a tasty dab musty & burnt. Kind of like a black hole for your oil's flavor thats really hard to avoid once it begins because it's taking up 1/3rd of the entire surface.

I think that with the diameter of 10mm being so small to begin with will be really effective already and with Randall saying that the SiC needed a bit of extra time to heat up (and that was on the Everlasts O think) and im wondering if adding a 3-4mm ball of mass will just stifle the effects of the insert itself by transferring heat into the pearl that could go directly into the material.

But as I stated in the previous paragraph im not well versed regarding the materials themselves or interactions with different vaporization materials combined, so take this as no more than a semi-educated guess lol.

I am no expert, but i believe SiC is harmful to breath in its raw form and during the manufacturing process.

I dont believe its an issue after the manufacturing process, I obvously wouldnt go scraping any sic with a Ti dabber or anything though

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Azn2101

pghjd

I am no expert, but i believe SiC is harmful to breath in its raw form and during the manufacturing process.

I dont believe its an issue after the manufacturing process, I obvously wouldnt go scraping any sic with a Ti dabber or anything though
It wouldn't do much. SiC is a 9.5 on the mohs hardness scale, titanium is only a 6. Also in raw form SiC is a crystal and can is used for jewelry(moissanite) when they use it to make other things they use large amounts of silicon powder in the process and that is very dangerous to breath in, but thats a problem for the people who work with it, not the end consumer.

jamesvally

@FocusV or Anyone know what shops here in Manitou Springs, Colorado Springs are selling the Carta’s. I want one but, I don’t wanna wait for it to get shipped to me? I’d rather run out and grab one. What can I say, I’m Impatient as hell. An I love anything that lets me medicate easier on the go.

jamesvally,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@FocusV or Anyone know what shops here in Manitou Springs, Colorado Springs are selling the Carta’s. I want one but, I don’t wanna wait for it to get shipped to me? I’d rather run out and grab one. What can I say, I’m Impatient as hell. An I love anything that lets me medicate easier on the go.
Youre better off emailing them or hitting them up on IG they havent been real active on here lately

MiztressNemesis

So, just updating, my new base works great so far for the last couple weeks of having it. However, the separate warrantied atty I had to send in for (and received last week) I had just put away in the case for later. Last night while browsing and still seeing all of the constant warranty posts by people here and other places, I figured I had better check it and good thing I did, it is borked and I will need ANOTHER warranty atty. *sigh* So, anyone who got an atty warrantied I would highly recommend checking it and not leaving it in the box until needed as I was going to do then thankfully thought otherwise.

OK so instead of just being exasperated I took the atty apart. Apparently whoever made the atty cut the short wire super short and it actually burned almost completely through the white grommet. UGH **Better (or any?) Q.C. HAS to be something they get in place - STAT!**

Last edited:

Seriouscollector420

I am one of the few it seems maybe it is my aspergers, but I cannot grasp this concept of these atomizers, with the Carta it seems once i get the bucket in to replace it or put a quartz, sic insert , herb dry atomizer, i tried them and the legend and soon the lux with peak on my insta: seriouscollector420..

Everyone says lefty righty tighty Lucy, how am I not grasping this concept but everytime I get the bucket aligned to screw it on that it doesn't tighten right, I love the carta though I went thru 2 atomizers now again they do not break or get a short, it is just me putting them back on right again. When getting the herb attachment to work, I got nothing at one or two lights went to four and five as seniorstoner did , and it begun to heat, I got one good hit but i wonder if anyone has comments on how to get the dry attachment to work would be awesome, but then I could not get the other concentrate atomizers to work, now I have 3 more of those plus a subscription for carta atomizers, so is anyone else having this problem switching out buckets?

I sadly had my fadespace silicon carbide insert too tight or I should have cleaned it, so that puffco atomizer broke and I tried the 2 wires with repair kit but cannot grasp it I don't think, so puffco s down. Cannot wait for the fadespace carta insert on preorder.

Seriouscollector420,

MiztressNemesis

I am one of the few it seems maybe it is my aspergers, but I cannot grasp this concept of these atomizers, with the Carta......
Everyone says lefty righty tighty Lucy, how am I not grasping this concept but everytime I get the bucket

Yeah it can be a pain in the butt LOL I now pretty much have it down pat and can do it with it not upside down now but in the beginning it was tough for me also. So what I did to remove the black retention ring was remove the atty itself first (which is easy and "regular" thread) with the atty and ring piece still on it THEN hold atty upside down and then turn the black piece to the left to loosen. To replace and center bucket/crucible I do it with the atty upside down as before. The slots around the retaining ring thing hold the crucible np so it centers then i turn the atty towards me and screw it on.

Seriouscollector420

Wow Thank you MiztressNemesis, that is very helpful there is still hope yet I am going to try the last 3 atomizers like that and see if I can get it working!

Yeah it can be a pain in the butt LOL I now pretty much have it down pat and can do it with it not upside down now but in the beginning it was tough for me also. So what I did to remove the black retention ring was remove the atty itself first (which is easy and "regular" thread) with the atty and ring piece still on it THEN hold atty upside down and then turn the black piece to the left to loosen. To replace and center bucket/crucible I do it with the atty upside down as before. The slots around the retaining ring thing hold the crucible np so it centers then i turn the atty towards me and screw it on.

MiztressNemesis

Wow Thank you MiztressNemesis, that is very helpful there is still hope yet I am going to try the last 3 atomizers like that and see if I can get it working!
I hope it helps! Also, for the repair kit.. you have to be sure the short wire is between the metal around the lip and the white grommet where it will stay snug and hidden from view. The long wire goes THROUGH the white grommet and then is sandwiched on the other side by the brass endcap once that is back on. Make sure you clip it even with the top of the gasket before putting the brass endcap back on. Dunno if that helps but I found the Focusvape youtube repair video somewhat helpful but the wire placement question was answered in comments not the video itself, sadly.

Seriouscollector420

I'll try it again here in lil while, I'm having the same problems of a sudden , I know the unit works fine its just placing the atomizer buckets

Seriouscollector420,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Seriouscollector420

Just letting everyone know the Fadespace Silicon Carbide Sic inserts for the Carta were released today because I have a order #, it's not on preorder,

Now if i can just figure out this darn bucket switching issue i will be ok

Fattone913

Just letting everyone know the Fadespace Silicon Carbide Sic inserts for the Carta were released today because I have a order #, it's not on preorder,

Now if i can just figure out this darn bucket switching issue i will be ok
Sooooooooooooooo Expensive. I would pay half for it.

Fattone913,

flammy

My Carta recently experienced the green blinking lights. Needless to say, I was bummed and frustrated.

I tried a few things before I tried cleaning the metal contacts on the atomizer. That fixed it for one hit but went back to flashing on the second. I then cleaned the metal contacts on the atomizer again and also cleaned the metal contacts on the base itself. I did this with both a standard cotton swab (first wipe down) and then again with a cotton swab with a firm pointed end to get into the contact's crevices. No water or other solution was used.

What came off on the swabs was black in color which seemed to indicate that perhaps a thin layer of oxidation had built up which was preventing solid contact between base and atomizer. Either way, after doing this, problem solved and Carta has been working fine since.

I will now be routinely doing this every month or so to avoid issues in the future. I hope this helps someone who might experience the same issue as I did. If this has already been covered, my apologies as I'm not much of a concentrate guy and thus don't follow this sub as much. Cheers.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Not wrong, my SiC Halo is a big slab of SiC and it is $100, $40 for factory seconds (minor blemish), price gouging bastards. :tup:
Fadespace also has a history of poor quality control and releasing preorder products without testing them. Their first quartz inserts for the peak were the wrong size and too small, and their first SiC inserts for the peak came with defects on them that made them unusable

Seriouscollector420

I agree and I read all 60 pages of forums for the carta, lux, mighty, peak etc. Always good to do your own research.

When I first used the Fadespace peak insert it had issues not working it seemed like wrong size, now magically somehow it seems to work great or maybe i am putting better wax in.

Randall said on his livestream by end of month they are going to have their own Sic inserts so obviously i believe there's will be better, but pretty interesting that fadespace regardless of all i heard, sent order efficiently for the carta silicon carbide insert, they were very nice in their communications with email unlike some people in here have had, so i do not know sir!

The sic inserts, everlast atomizers are what i will use since they are official from focusvcartaproducts, but until then i like to try the other companies out there that have made one, i will say the peak Sic insert from fadespace was much easier to clean than the quartz and ceramic buckets.

Fadespace also has a history of poor quality control and releasing preorder products without testing them. Their first quartz inserts for the peak were the wrong size and too small, and their first SiC inserts for the peak came with defects on them that made them unusable

Seriouscollector420,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom