Carta by Focus V

b0

Cloudy...
I love that video comparison especially that guy heating them up at the same time and seeing which one heats up quickest, has auto shutoff etc. It was a very good video but I'd agree with the carta at this point.

I couldn't be happier with me. The issue I had was taken care by the CS super quick as well.

There is only one thing I would have tried to do different and it's the airpath, it's a bit annoying to clean. Right now I'm using ISO and pipe cleaners and it isnt too bad...

Top product, top company!

b0,
Reactions: Eedee

MonkeyTime

I couldn't be happier with me. The issue I had was taken care by the CS super quick as well.

There is only one thing I would have tried to do different and it's the airpath, it's a bit annoying to clean. Right now I'm using ISO and pipe cleaners and it isnt too bad...

Top product, top company!

I found pulling about 80% of the cotton off the top of a q-tip and dipping that in iso works pretty well. You get a feel for how much to pull off after a time or two.

Seriouscollector420

What's wrong with the Oura?

Which reviews on the Oura were no good? What forum? I’m interested in finding all info on each one of these devices.

It was the Vapelife dot com forum and I typed everlast atomizers in the carta section and a few people had that device and were talking about the differences compared to the Carta and Peak and this Pulsar Rok Electric oil rig besides the Oura, so to my knowledge there are 5, the carta, the peak, the lux legend, the oura, and the Pulsar Rok! And I only have three the carta, peak and loto lux legend lol!

Seriouscollector420,
Reactions: LesPlenty

710Coils

Manufacturer
Do the peak attachments fit on the Carta? It almost looks like they do. But I do not want to assume on this =P

Pulled the trigger on a Magna carta in black last night (Or was it early this morning)

Are there any needed additions or is it good to go out of the box and is there an FC coupon code for purchases? =)

b0

Cloudy...
Do the peak attachments fit on the Carta? It almost looks like they do. But I do not want to assume on this =P

Pulled the trigger on a Magna carta in black last night (Or was it early this morning)

Are there any needed additions or is it good to go out of the box and is there an FC coupon code for purchases? =)

Sadly they don't fit.

There are some new cups coming. EQ has made a quartz one with 2 bottom thicknes and 2 different bubble caps. Fadespace is making a SiC insert and Focus is coming with their own SiC in august and seems like they will do some improvements to the quartz ones at some point.

710Coils

Manufacturer
Damn. I was hoping my glass attachment I have for the peak would work on the carta. Guess I need to look around for a glass attachment that will fit it when I have it in hand =)

Max B

I do not find myself ever using the preset temps when I have my phone on hand. It does seem obvious that the next version should let you change them.
Quick question for you. I wanted to know if I should stick with a carta even though there have been a few cases of problems with the base and atomizers or should I just get a manual dab rig like the rio?

Seriouscollector420

Sadly they don't fit.

There are some new cups coming. EQ has made a quartz one with 2 bottom thicknes and 2 different bubble caps. Fadespace is making a SiC insert and Focus is coming with their own SiC in august and seems like they will do some improvements to the quartz ones at some point.

Also Mr.bonsai has his own quartz, etc for carta and peak and ZC glass as well, to my knowledge there are 4 independent but great add ons and attachments with both devices. I have the sic from fade2space for peak didn't exactly fit but worked, and the carta sic insert on preorder as well. When I get new ones I try them on my Instagram. Same name.

Quick question for you. I wanted to know if I should stick with a carta even though there have been a few cases of problems with the base and atomizers or should I just get a manual dab rig like the rio?

You can get the 6 month or year subscription for their atomizers, so not only do they all come with their 30 day warranty with the atomizers, but you also have the option to get one monthly so you do not need to worry about that. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

freddiegibbs

My personal recommendation would absolutely be to get a Carta. The problems you read about are the exception, not the rule. It's still a best-in-its-class device for less money than the competition, and made even better by app and accessory customization options.

As for a manual dab rig - to me, the appeal of something like this is partly never having to smell butane ever again. It's also great for social dabbers like me who want to take their stuff on the go with friends or out into the wilderness. Sure is a hell of a lot easier to toss your carta case into your backpack than your whole rig/torch/enail/whatever setup.

A semi-related anecdote: I took my Peak to Iceland last year. It was amazing to hike out to remote waterfalls where there was nobody else around for miles, and then whip out the Peak for a quick and easy dab. Unfortunately I got screwed once when I did all that climbing and hiking, only to get to my destination and find that the Peak battery had died. It doesn't have an auto-off function, so if you forget to turn it off, the battery inevitably drains. I was so dismayed being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no alternative to smoke.

Of course, that hasn't been an issue at all since I got my Carta. Not only does it shut off automatically after an idle period, but you can also swap dead batteries out for fresh ones. I'm going back to Iceland in a couple weeks with my Carta and some peace of mind that no matter how deep into the wilderness I trek, I can count on it to keep me high :D

Fattone913

My personal recommendation would absolutely be to get a Carta. The problems you read about are the exception, not the rule. It's still a best-in-its-class device for less money than the competition, and made even better by app and accessory customization options.

As for a manual dab rig - to me, the appeal of something like this is partly never having to smell butane ever again. It's also great for social dabbers like me who want to take their stuff on the go with friends or out into the wilderness. Sure is a hell of a lot easier to toss your carta case into your backpack than your whole rig/torch/enail/whatever setup.

A semi-related anecdote: I took my Peak to Iceland last year. It was amazing to hike out to remote waterfalls where there was nobody else around for miles, and then whip out the Peak for a quick and easy dab. Unfortunately I got screwed once when I did all that climbing and hiking, only to get to my destination and find that the Peak battery had died. It doesn't have an auto-off function, so if you forget to turn it off, the battery inevitably drains. I was so dismayed being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no alternative to smoke.

Of course, that hasn't been an issue at all since I got my Carta. Not only does it shut off automatically after an idle period, but you can also swap dead batteries out for fresh ones. I'm going back to Iceland in a couple weeks with my Carta and some peace of mind that no matter how deep into the wilderness I trek, I can count on it to keep me high :D
It has a on and off switch. Just hold the button down for 3 seconds. I went with the Peak and am loving it so far. No problems. But I still see myself getting a Carta in the near future.

Fattone913,
Reactions: 710Coils
I'm interested in getting some 3mm pearls to try in the Carta. Has anybody used the Mini Riptide Bubble Cap by GordoScientific? I know it fits the Puffco Peak but didn't want to assume it would work correctly in the Carta. Also, any other recommended carb caps that will get a pearl to spin a little in the Carta, it doesn't have to make it go crazy but I want the pearl to move easily?

Thanks

b0

Cloudy...
I'm interested in getting some 3mm pearls to try in the Carta. Has anybody used the Mini Riptide Bubble Cap by GordoScientific? I know it fits the Puffco Peak but didn't want to assume it would work correctly in the Carta. Also, any other recommended carb caps that will get a pearl to spin a little in the Carta, it doesn't have to make it go crazy but I want the pearl to move easily?

Thanks

I'm just using the bubble cap that comes with the magna and works fine. The sapphire pearl I have inside moves around and definitely makes a difference!

But I didn't know about the riptide, really like it!!

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
My black Magna Carta came last week and to my surprise, actually had the engraving work done.

Even had a big sticker on the outside of the box with the engraved name on it...surprise...surprise...I asked for "Shrike" to be my engraving.

I never was able to find out why there was a delay in shipments for the other beta customers that wanted engraving...just glad it worked out.

You probably should contact them by phone to see what's up...

Fkn0wned

None for me either.

I was told by IG support I should be getting a black one sent but as I mentioned before they said I wasn't on the engravings list.

Unfortunate as I made the deadline but oh well not much could be done now I guess.

Fkn0wned,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
Any other beta customers else still not have shipping info for the Magna?
Nope, last I heard from FocusV on Instagram the 'Holy White' Carta shipment is pushed back until beginning of August. Then it will be shipped out to beta customers.

Also asked if there was a chance I can just get a black one now rather than wait, answer was no.

Seriouscollector420

I just saw Senior Stoner review the Ouira , versus the Carta, the peak, and wasn't sure what other device was, surprisingly he seemed to actually like it, massive cloud vapor, and can stay on for up to 60 seconds. I invested so much in Carta and Peak accessories that I am sticking with them, but the Ouira looks very pool promising I was very surprised compared to the pen I had .

Seriouscollector420,
Top Bottom