• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Carta by Focus V

kingkasc

Did you ever get it to work. Mine is like yours now
Nope doesn’t work. FocusV thinks it’s the base and atomizer.
good morning. Over the weekend the performance of my unit got worse. I was using a quartz cup on level 2 and was getting great rips. Saturday night it wasn't working, I was getting blinking green lights ( I think I had blinking white lights on one occasion). I put it down for the night. Cleaned the cup and the atomizer the next day and was getting really weak hits. I put it up to level 3 and things got better temporarily, but last night on level 3 I was getting really weak hits. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
That’s how mine was for 24hrs and doesn’t work at all now.

kingkasc,

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
good morning. Over the weekend the performance of my unit got worse. I was using a quartz cup on level 2 and was getting great rips. Saturday night it wasn't working, I was getting blinking green lights ( I think I had blinking white lights on one occasion). I put it down for the night. Cleaned the cup and the atomizer the next day and was getting really weak hits. I put it up to level 3 and things got better temporarily, but last night on level 3 I was getting really weak hits. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Other than starting with great rips with quartz your situation sounds very similar to mine.

Which atomizer do you have?

Are you able to test with the Ti on level 1 and 2?

jimsmith90210,
Reactions: jareds

jareds

Other than starting with great rips with quartz your situation sounds very similar to mine.

I’m not sure which atomizer I have. I ordered it about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if that matters.

When I get home, I’ll try the TI cup. thanks for the tip.
When it was working properly, the Carta was awesome. Hopefully, I can figure it out and get it back to kicking my ass

jareds,

Hoosier

In my experience, That’s what it does as the atomizer goes bad.

kaisersosay415

I'm waiting for a reply back from warrant dept. Two days man I wish I made a different 420 purchase. I've wasted about a gram of crumble and now have a glass paperweight. If @FocusV sees this please get at me I wasted to take this on a trip amd dpntbhave any money to buy anything else.

Nope doesn’t work. FocusV thinks it’s the base and atomizer.

That’s how mine was for 24hrs and doesn’t work at all now.
Are you sending you whole unit in

Last edited by a moderator:
kaisersosay415,
Reactions: Rnate86

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
How are people installing the app on android? I’m getting an error that it cannot parse when trying to install the apk using ES File Installer. What’s the trick??

PhreedomPhries,

Hoosier

How are people installing the app on android? I’m getting an error that it cannot parse when trying to install the apk using ES File Installer. What’s the trick??
I successfully installed on 2 android devices. Neither would fine the carta once installed. The reddit instructions worked like a charm on iOS

Hoosier,

MonkeyTime

The most common cause of that error when installing is not having permissions allowed for side loaded apps, like this one. Check that first, but it may not be that simple.

I've tried the app on 4 phones running 4 different versions of android.... S4 running custom 4.4, rooted, got the parsing error and I have custom firmware that's wide open on it, it could just be out of range of what they covered and that would be fair. A G4 running 5.0, encrypted, but permissions allowed and confirmed working, got the parsing error. Again, could be the very old android at work here. An S7 running stock 8.1 and it installed fine, but it won't find the Carta, more on that later. And last a S9 running 9.0 stock, again installed fine, but won't find the Carta.

Being in the electrical field and having access to a great low voltage department, sometimes gives me access to some interesting equipment. Most often I have no true use for it, but this time I did. I was able to bring home a scanner that just reads BT signals and their strengths. I know laptops sort of do as well, but this is for testing. Unfortunately I couldn't find any signal from the Carta. Maybe some of the first units got the beta chip that didn't support BT?

It may not matter, I need to file for RMS I think. My power button is so sticky that tonight while trying to turn it on, it stuck so much that I started a cycle unintentionally and couldn't turn it off because the button had stuck in. I dropped the batteries and all's well, but it took some massaging of the body to get the button to pop back out, but it just keeps getting worse (the sticking) and this is about my limit.

While I've not had the atty issues others have had, I have found the Ti bucket to work much better than the quartz like most. I was actually so happy with the results out of the box with the Ti that I didn't try the quartz until someone mentioned have success with hot loading it. I was underwhelmed and have back since to the Ti.

Very happy with the new Helix glass, love the pill top, it's nice and wide open. I really love the classic top, with the carb up top it's such a cool hit!

I found something funny on the site and maybe there's a simple explanation? It may be a simple as a bundle price?..... but if you look at the Carta's webpage, it also show's both Helix glass options, the Original Top for $125 and the Dome Top for $110. Then if you look at the same glass pieces from the home page, The Original top is named the same but $180 and the other is called the Pill Top (same as Dome) and is $150.

Those are some hefty savings if those are bundle discounts!

This thing really works when it works, I was so happy with a glass of wine chasing just the silliest of things around the web :freak:

started@52

I just hit some shatter in the fitted ti bucket V2 production atomizer, on level 2 with a G-43 glass bead in the bucket. Takes longer to heat up(after the unit thinks it’s ready) but once it did it worked great. My new base heats up in like 4 seconds on the second heat cycle, think they made a change to the hardware inside?

jareds

I tried the TI on 2 and the hits weren't really a think as I've gotten with the quartz on 2 a few days ago.
This is really frustrating. I reached out to the company, I hope to hear back from them

jareds,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I successfully installed on 2 android devices. Neither would fine the carta once installed. The reddit instructions worked like a charm on iOS
On iOS 11, I got the app installed but it goes blank white after I try to have it connect to the Carta

PhreedomPhries,

Gakiya309

Hey anyone else having a lot of leftovers? Carta has been working well, get good clouds off heat lvl 2-3 on quartz but only get 1 heat cycle worth of vapor. Everything tastes good just when I wipe clean with the qtip there is a lot left over. I’ve tried making my dabs smaller, still no overflow and have the newer style atty. just seeing if there is a way for less waste. I can’t put much less in the insert lol.

Gakiya309,
Reactions: Summer

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
I tried the TI on 2 and the hits weren't really a think as I've gotten with the quartz on 2 a few days ago.
This is really frustrating. I reached out to the company, I hope to hear back from them

Dang, sounds like we have different issues, sorry dude.

I tired my v2 atomizer with quartz on level 3 last night. Finally getting close to where vapor production should be, but it seems too hot to me.

I can't get the app the work on my s9+

jimsmith90210,
Reactions: Summer

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey anyone else having a lot of leftovers? Carta has been working well, get good clouds off heat lvl 2-3 on quartz but only get 1 heat cycle worth of vapor. Everything tastes good just when I wipe clean with the qtip there is a lot left over. I’ve tried making my dabs smaller, still no overflow and have the newer style atty. just seeing if there is a way for less waste. I can’t put much less in the insert lol.

As long as the device is vaporizing properly, reclaim amount is generally more-so related to the purity of the concentrate you are using.

The insert is really small so it would be easy for it to look like there's more of a puddle than there really is, especially if using rosin, crumble, or non dewaxed shatters.

Gakiya309

Hmm have dispensary grade stuff. I just feel like more should vaporize than what’s being left in the cup. I could be wrong. Still having good results so far.

Gakiya309,

started@52

Hit some wax on level 2 in Ti fitted cup and not much even after a long warm up time. Gave it a rest and put it on level 3 and had a smoke stack before I could put the carb cap on! Glass filled up immediately and had the biggest hit ever from anything, like it was turbocharged! Almost knocked my ass down! I am new at this and doesn’t take much but wow!

started@52,

kaisersosay415

Got word that im being sent another atomizer from focus. Hope its just a bum atty and not the base

Last edited:
kaisersosay415,

freddiegibbs

I can't imagine why you'd need to wipe your bucket with iso after every single use. I either use a dry qtip or dampen it with water just a little bit and am able to fully clean it after every sesh. I've only ever soaked it in iso a couple times to clean oil that collects at the rim of the bucket where it meets the cap.

Does anyone know whether FocusV will release a new quartz bucket to work with the new atomizer?

freddiegibbs,

rskangler

I can't imagine why you'd need to wipe your bucket with iso after every single use. I either use a dry qtip or dampen it with water just a little bit and am able to fully clean it after every sesh. I've only ever soaked it in iso a couple times to clean oil that collects at the rim of the bucket where it meets the cap.

Does anyone know whether FocusV will release a new quartz bucket to work with the new atomizer?
I do dry wipe first and then just a small amount of iso on the qtip to get really nice and clean..Your prob right but just to keep nice ..

rskangler,
Top Bottom