Carta by Focus V

Eedee

Damn I'm sitting here still using the beta. Y'all got me spooked and I got 4 v2 atomizers.

Eedee,

Dragonlore

I hope they fix the Android permissions in the release version of the app. I don't think it really needs to be able to make phone calls, access my photos etc.

mmafighterthe25

Is there a way to pair the carta cause my phone doesn't find it on Bluetooth I got a note 8. An my carta is on

mmafighterthe25,

Cevans811

Not yet, your carta is working and the bluetooth works the app isnt connecting all phones yet hes been updating it so it should be supported soon. I have the same issue with my galaxy s7 edge but when i use my galaxy s5 it connects and works perfectly. So we just have to wait for the updates that they have said should be out in the next few weeks.

Has anyone tried rasing the temp in the middle of a dab to get more vapor? If so was there any negative effects on the atomizer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cevans811,

Oh_hello

Has anyone tried rasing the temp in the middle of a dab to get more vapor? If so was there any negative effects on the atomizer?

That’s how I run my Carta for every dab... start at 1 or 2 and move to 2-3 to finish the dab. No issues. I never do back to back dabs / or powering back on though.

Oh_hello,

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
I got a replacement atomizer today that's different than the other two I've used so far. Looks like the same one without walls around the ceramic plate that others have described here. The quartz seems to fit comfortably inside, despite not being fitted to the heating plate like the new ti cup that came with it. However, I cannot get it to produce dense hits like my previous atomizers did. I've fired a few level 2 hits so far that have all felt a little warmer than level 1. While I did taste some incredible flavors in my fresh-pressed rosin, it's not what I was looking for, and ultimately I wound up having to wipe a lot of pooled oil out of the cup. I have to go up over 700 in the app to get hits closer to what I got on level 2 with previous atomizers in peak condition. Starting to look like @FocusV is right that at least in my case, it's an issue with the base rather than the atomizers.

I'm in a similar position.

I'm on production atomizer #3 and I haven't had a single real hit out of this thing.

I got the new style atomizer Friday. Cold loaded the quartz, fired at level 1, vapor started to come out of carb cap, I took a show easy draw, and next to zero vapor. Bump up to level 2, tiny little wisps. I hate that I keep wasting material in this thing.

Charred ring in the middle of the quartz bucket, warm golden yellow oil in the bucket. Mopped it up with a qtip and messaged @FocusV

I can't imagine I'm doing it wrong but maybe I am?

Eedee

Someone PLEASE post the link for the android app. Can't find in on the website & scoured 10 pages here. Thanks!

I love this glass piece, but $250. :o

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwIxnLDh8wr/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11azkl461jg70

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwI1LusBnPc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1w8783wf86ypi
I got it for under $200 the carb cap is perfect. Just use the coupon at the top of the page. The 2 weeks I've had it its been the daily driver cause the other glasses tend to make everybody drool smh

Eedee,
Reactions: Summer

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm in a similar position.

I'm on production atomizer #3 and I haven't had a single real hit out of this thing.

I got the new style atomizer Friday. Cold loaded the quartz, fired at level 1, vapor started to come out of carb cap, I took a show easy draw, and next to zero vapor. Bump up to level 2, tiny little wisps. I hate that I keep wasting material in this thing.

Charred ring in the middle of the quartz bucket, warm golden yellow oil in the bucket. Mopped it up with a qtip and messaged @FocusV

I can't imagine I'm doing it wrong but maybe I am?

Probably your base, I've had the same issues. Just a waste of good sauce, got like one dab out of it.

invertedisdead,

freddiegibbs

Probably your base, I've had the same issues. Just a waste of good sauce, got like one dab out of it.
My base still works fine with the first style of atomizer. I guess both things can be true: there is something wrong with the base that is causing some atomizers to short out and others to just have a poor connection, AND the new atomizers simply aren't that great. But there are just so many different variables that it's probably going to require a closer look than any of us casuals can take right now to diagnose what's going on.

Last edited:

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
..... But there are just so many different variables that it's probably going to require a closer look than any of us casuals can take right now to diagnose what's going on.

Dude for real, I'm starting to get worried I'm doing something wrong and causing all this.

:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

jimsmith90210,

freddiegibbs

Dude for real, I'm starting to get worried I'm doing something wrong and causing all this.

:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:
So, it didn't require that much sleuthing after all :lol:

First let's all just agree to refer to the atties with the wall around the plate as v1 and the atties without the wall as v2. Beta atties are just that.

Anyway, I just popped my v2 atty in again, only I tried it with the fitted ti cup this time. I hadn't tried the ti yet because why would I do that when quartz is so much better, lol. But it turns out it works just fine with titanium - got the same dense, overly hot hits that the v1 ti gives on level 2.

So it looks like the v2 atty just doesn't work with the v1 quartz.

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
So, it didn't require that much sleuthing after all :lol:

First let's all just agree to refer to the atties with the wall around the plate as v1 and the atties without the wall as v2. Beta atties are just that.

Anyway, I just popped my v2 atty in again, only I tried it with the fitted ti cup this time. I hadn't tried the ti yet because why would I do that when quartz is so much better, lol. But it turns out it works just fine with titanium - got the same dense, overly hot hits that the v1 ti gives on level 2.

Ok, I'll try my wall-less v2 atomizer with Ti in a bit here......

jimsmith90210,

Summer

Long Island, NY
There are 3 attys: v1(short beta one), v2 (taller one) & v3 (taller one with the mounting hooks on the top). Am I right?

Summer,

freddiegibbs

Don't refer to beta as v anything because it's just a beta. The manufacturer has said this has caused them problems. v1 is the first tall atomizer that has 4 ridges around the plate to hold the cup in place. v2 is the tall atomizer without the ridges but with the fitted ti cup.

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?

I just did the same with some CBD wax.........bingo.

Almost instant white clouds just like @FocusV gets on his streams.

If I can get this experience with quartz or maybe SiC, I'll be a very happy camper. I really don't want to use Ti at all.

tldr: v2 atomizer with Ti bucket works as advertised. Not so much with quartz.

kaisersosay415

Hey guys.. I received my unit yesterday and when i pressed the preheat it would blink blue than blink green and not start to heat up... Battery was 50% so I charged it to 100%, worked like a BEAST for 10 sessions.. went to use it few hours later and bam... same exact issue... blinks blue once than blinks green and doesn't start to heat.. battery is at 100%.

Same thing with the App.. I press start it blinks blue than green and wont heat up/timer on app wont count down.

I left focusv a email/voicemail and DM yesterday.. Hopefully I get an answer today.. I loved the unit until now lol..
Did you ever get it to work. Mine is like yours now

kaisersosay415,
Reactions: kingkasc

jareds

good morning. Over the weekend the performance of my unit got worse. I was using a quartz cup on level 2 and was getting great rips. Saturday night it wasn't working, I was getting blinking green lights ( I think I had blinking white lights on one occasion). I put it down for the night. Cleaned the cup and the atomizer the next day and was getting really weak hits. I put it up to level 3 and things got better temporarily, but last night on level 3 I was getting really weak hits. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jareds,
Top Bottom