Carta by Focus V

Eedee

@FocusV, you sell the subscription plan with ti buckets. What about a plan with quartz buckets?

And can you clarify why @started@52's atomizer innards & the ti rimmed bottom are designed differently? Another revision so soon?

And, lastly, I posted the wrong pic link above. :doh: Here's the one whose function I want to see clearly in action in a stream. You know how I kept saying I wanted a bent spout mouthpiece. :nod:It's called the OJ Glass Recycler by thedablab on IG. (*What a name. My 1st thought isn't orange, but it is juice. :disgust:)

The carb cap that comes with this is perfect

Eedee,

kaisersosay415

Need some help. Seemed like my atomizer might not be working right only after a day. I get the four blue lights then all yellow. Bit after adjusting atty its works. Also was getting all red at times.

Also it takes a couple presses to start heating Is this normal. Thinking I might have got a bad unit. Just seems it's not getting hot enough And I am at level 3.

kaisersosay415,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@kaisersosay415, I'll ping @FocusV for you. (Randall, please see above post.)

I know that the red lights indicate battery charge level.

I, too, find the mode button flakey. The quality of the button is chintsy & toyish. Mine can takes several presses to engage it. It doesn't seem to press against the controling panel firmly enough to get a solid press. I can see this being a weakspot, & wouldn't be surprised, with extended use, it fails. Time will tell.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

@kaisersosay415, I'll ping @FocusV for you. (Randall, please see above post.)

I know that the red lights indicate battery charge level.

I, too, find the mode button flakey. The quality of the button is chintsy & toyish. Mine can takes several presses to engage it. It doesn't seem to press against the controling panel firmly enough to get a solid press. I can see this being a weakspot, & wouldn't be surprised, with extended use, it fails. Time will tell.

Mine tends to go thru streaks of feeling "gummy" the button sticks for a while, then feels fine for a bit.

rskangler

I would like to say that I have had my issues with the unit ..But let us all be fair and give it a chance. Responses from Randall and his company have been responsive and sending replacement units and attys..Being an old timer from when there was no internet isnt it great that we have contact with a manufacturer like this..Seems also that new atty design will be happening too so I looking forward to that,also the rebuild kits..So lets give it a chance because when it is working it does a really good job getting it done..

MonkeyTime

I would like to say that I have had my issues with the unit ..But let us all be fair and give it a chance. Responses from Randall and his company have been responsive and sending replacement units and attys..Being an old timer from when there was no internet isnt it great that we have contact with a manufacturer like this..Seems also that new atty design will be happening too so I looking forward to that,also the rebuild kits..So lets give it a chance because when it is working it does a really good job getting it done..

Mostly agree with you, but completely agree with @Summer , it's still almost beta, let's find its flaws and work on fixing them!

On the internet thing...... Yes and no. It's great when it's used and properly, but before that I remember just picking up the phone and calling a company. Heck, it was even better before caller ID!

kingkasc

Hey guys.. I received my unit yesterday and when i pressed the preheat it would blink blue than blink green and not start to heat up... Battery was 50% so I charged it to 100%, worked like a BEAST for 10 sessions.. went to use it few hours later and bam... same exact issue... blinks blue once than blinks green and doesn't start to heat.. battery is at 100%.

Same thing with the App.. I press start it blinks blue than green and wont heat up/timer on app wont count down.

I left focusv a email/voicemail and DM yesterday.. Hopefully I get an answer today.. I loved the unit until now lol..

MonkeyTime

Hey guys.. I received my unit yesterday and when i pressed the preheat it would blink blue than blink green and not start to heat up... Battery was 50% so I charged it to 100%, worked like a BEAST for 10 sessions.. went to use it few hours later and bam... same exact issue... blinks blue once than blinks green and doesn't start to heat.. battery is at 100%.

Same thing with the App.. I press start it blinks blue than green and wont heat up/timer on app wont count down.

I left focusv a email/voicemail and DM yesterday.. Hopefully I get an answer today.. I loved the unit until now lol..

Try cleaning the connection points at the atty. Both sides of threading, atty and unit and see if that helps.

Mine had had some different light flashing combos I never worried about because this cleaning corrected my issues.

MonkeyTime,

kingkasc

I noticed it blinks 5 times and the booklet says 5 times is a short circuit... my question is how'd it short circuit.. and why did it work after charging it to 100% when it blinked 5 times than as well? ughh I just wanna vape successfully again :(

Try cleaning the connection points at the atty. Both sides of threading, atty and unit and see if that helps.

Mine had had some different light flashing combos I never worried about because this cleaning corrected my issues.
tried that still no luck

Last edited by a moderator:
kingkasc,
Reactions: Summer

mmafighterthe25

I've had my carta for two weeks now, love it def works great. I got note 8 it doesn't find it on Bluetooth. It used to now it does, other than that works great. Twice I over loaded it spilled below atomizer so. Took alcohol wipes an wipes all threats twice now. Still works great

mmafighterthe25,
Reactions: kingkasc

kaisersosay415

Try pulling the gold piece on the bottom of the atty out more. It's not recognizing the atomizer.

kaisersosay415,
Reactions: kingkasc

freddiegibbs

I got a replacement atomizer today that's different than the other two I've used so far. Looks like the same one without walls around the ceramic plate that others have described here. The quartz seems to fit comfortably inside, despite not being fitted to the heating plate like the new ti cup that came with it. However, I cannot get it to produce dense hits like my previous atomizers did. I've fired a few level 2 hits so far that have all felt a little warmer than level 1. While I did taste some incredible flavors in my fresh-pressed rosin, it's not what I was looking for, and ultimately I wound up having to wipe a lot of pooled oil out of the cup. I have to go up over 700 in the app to get hits closer to what I got on level 2 with previous atomizers in peak condition. Starting to look like @FocusV is right that at least in my case, it's an issue with the base rather than the atomizers.

kingkasc

Try pulling the gold piece on the bottom of the atty out more. It's not recognizing the atomizer.

tried to pull the gold ring out more to give it a better connection. same issue. Good thinking tho..

Spoke to christine at focusv today.. she says its most likely the atty. Said she will mail one out when she gets to my warranty request. She said I can keep this one and tinker with it to try n get it to work. Anyone else have any suggestions on fixing the atty? Thanks fellow tokers!

kingkasc,
Reactions: Rnate86

freddiegibbs

I got a replacement atomizer today that's different than the other two I've used so far. Looks like the same one without walls around the ceramic plate that others have described here. The quartz seems to fit comfortably inside, despite not being fitted to the heating plate like the new ti cup that came with it. However, I cannot get it to produce dense hits like my previous atomizers did. I've fired a few level 2 hits so far that have all felt a little warmer than level 1. While I did taste some incredible flavors in my fresh-pressed rosin, it's not what I was looking for, and ultimately I wound up having to wipe a lot of pooled oil out of the cup. I have to go up over 700 in the app to get hits closer to what I got on level 2 with previous atomizers in peak condition. Starting to look like @FocusV is right that at least in my case, it's an issue with the base rather than the atomizers.
Update on this: today I was able to get another new atomizer that still had the walls around the heating plate, and it works great with my quartz cup. I tested it a few times, and then swapped in the replacement without walls that I also received today from FocusV. That one is still badly underperforming. So either the new style is no good, or for some reason it just doesn't make a good connection with my base, or somehow the brand new atomizer I got from the manufacturer is defective :shrug:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Lol I feel your pain...anyone tried getting a replacement for a replacement lol?

I'm going through the process now. Not sure it's actually an atomizer issue anymore for me.

I was told to remove the batteries, plug in with the USB cord and try to use it; and if the base works it should work that way.

kingkasc

I'm going through the process now. Not sure it's actually an atomizer issue anymore for me.

I was told to remove the batteries, plug in with the USB cord and try to use it; and if the base works it should work that way.
I was told the same thing! But mine doesn’t work even when plugged in.. I sent them a video

Top Bottom