Cant catch a buzz

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
according to what he said "Ive figured out the inhale, i know the temps, but for some reason im just not catching a buzz from it."
I assume he watched videos too. by saying that. what can it be? my ex-gf gave me her Fury 20 minutes after receiving it, she was addicted to nic

You are speculating, which is okay – but be careful when selling speculations as facts to a novice. As others have pointed out, mixing cannabis with tobacco is very common in many parts of the world.

@Siebter who we know that is also addicted to nic in this forum? i think people who are addicted to nic, they get less psychadelic high. isn't it? i heard from a local legit guy.... that he knows people who quit and this was the situation and the feeling about this issue.....
i dunno any nic user in this forum so far

I'm not sure why me being a nicotine user makes my arguments less valid, on the contrary: I can speak from personal experience. I haven't even heard of nicotine making a high „less psychedelic“, but then again I haven't met that local legit guy. :-)

Seriously, I don't want to fight. It's just... plain nonsense. Trust me.

i dunno any nic user in this forum so far

Oh, there are actually quite a few who do both here.

Squidge

Butane powered
...i dunno any nic user in this forum so far
Hi, nicotine user here! :wave:

Transitioning from combustion to dry herb vaping is like going from full fat milk to semi-skimmed... It's still milk (Cannabis) with all the calcium (THC) but because the mouthfeel is so different, it's not as satisfying.

What you appear to be claiming is the reason @HyDrOpOnIc1987 is having such a problem is because they still eat meat (use nicotine)! :hmm:

Persevere, not only will you start to get the pleasure of drinking milk again, but after a month or so going back to full fat (combustion) will just taste wrong. (Btw, it's natural to have slip ups in the beginning, our minds are resistant to change 😉)

Regards,

GoldenBud

What you appear to be claiming is the reason @HyDrOpOnIc1987 is having such a problem is because they still eat meat (use nicotine)! :hmm:
AFAIK (Knew) Nicotine is so addictive that the weed, alone, as vapor, will not satisfy. but from this thread i'm learning something new.

PharaohJ

Something I'm not sure if anyone has touched on, but have you simply tried loading multiple bowls back to back in your arizer? I saw in one of your post you compared it to a joint but I don't think a single bowl in a vape (~0.1-2g) is comparable to a joint (.3-.9g). Honestly my first vape was the Planet of Vapes One and it used to take me at least 2-3 bowls before I felt satisfied.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I might as well chime in with the experience I've recently had though it really belongs in the combustion confessional thread. but first a very brief recap of my cannabis history, batch user (weed and tobacco) bong smoker, made the switch to vaping my weed but continued smoking tobacco and I still got high when I vaped. little over a year ago I finally quit tobacco, for 8 months. but then life got hard and I broke, first bought a single cigarillo, than a pack, then quick as can be I was right back on tobacco. figured in for a penny in for a pound and I smoked some weed, but my regular vaping dose didn't get me high enough even though it hit a little faster it wasn't strong enough. I had gotten to use to vaping multiple hits and the one bong load was not enough, so I cut my dose with even more tobacco split between a few bowls and that worked better. after a week of trying to make smoking more like vaping I realized the lunacy of what I was doing lol if I wanted more than one hit why the fuck was I just not vaping???? I didn't have a good reason lol and smoking that way I was using triple the amount of tobacco for a session, when I needed to be using less and thinking about quitting!!!! things have gotten a bit less hard, I had no trouble sticking to vaping my weed, nor did I have any trouble getting high even though I was still smoking tobacco. I've been cutting back how much I was smoking and for the last week and change I've been vaping my tobacco, eventually I'll quit again but just cause my life is a little easier right now doesn't mean I can just flip a switch and quit a addiction I've had the majority of my life.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Hi, nicotine user here! :wave:

Transitioning from combustion to dry herb vaping is like going from full fat milk to semi-skimmed... It's still milk (Cannabis) with all the calcium (THC) but because the mouthfeel is so different, it's not as satisfying.

Persevere, not only will you start to get the pleasure of drinking milk again, but after a month or so going back to full fat (combustion) will just taste wrong. (Btw, it's natural to have slip ups in the beginning, our minds are resistant to change 😉)

Regards,
Thanks for breaking it down lol :) i'm just starting to feel the effects after having 2 stems back to back. But, how long it takes to get through the stem even on max temp makes it pretty hard to get a high that feels more than lightheadedness. I've been definitely smoking an occasional bowl. At the moment I'm just not satisfied fully. That said, everyday i start feeling a little bit more. Probably because i keep vaping the same 2 stems back to back. Hoping that helps lower my tolerance a little. I can make it 2-3 days with smoking a bowl, but by that time my leg is screaming and I'm not sleeping well so i get bitchy. As soon as my gf brings my mood up i go and vape a couple stems. Usually takes the edge off slightly but if not then i reach for the bowl.

I definitely wont give up. Eventually I will be combustion free. I mean, Fuck Combustion, right? :)
Something I'm not sure if anyone has touched on, but have you simply tried loading multiple bowls back to back in your arizer? I saw in one of your post you compared it to a joint but I don't think a single bowl in a vape (~0.1-2g) is comparable to a joint (.3-.9g). Honestly my first vape was the Planet of Vapes One and it used to take me at least 2-3 bowls before I felt satisfied.
Hey. I don't remember if anyone asked or if I mentioned it previous to this post but, yes I usually vape 2 stems back to back. Up until yesterday, i figured that when the vapour trails off and get wispy, its done. But then i looked at videos of well spent AVB and realized that mine is pretty golden. Slightly darker than tobacco. So i started going for 2 sessions with 1 stem, but 2 stems back to back and eventually i started feeling a little something. I mean, it takes for freaking ever so its not very efficient. For me anyway. So maybe when my tolerance drops a bit more, it'll make a difference. But then again, Bad Dog is sending me a DynaVap and bubbler (and other goodies) so that i can have another totally different vape experience. From the videos ive seen, Bad Dog's included, the thing can hit pretty hard. Ive seen some milkiness on many videos :D makes me very excited :):):)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
AFAIK (Knew) Nicotine is so addictive that the weed, alone, as vapor, will not satisfy. but from this thread i'm learning something new.

The idea is to view both as different aspects.

One interesting little detail: nicotine by itself is actually considered to be mildly addictive, about the same as for example caffeine. However, nicotine in tobacco smoke is a very different story. The reason it is much more addictive in tobacco smoke is that tobacco smoke also contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors, those will alter the addictive qualities of nicotine by a ton. MAOis are not present in e cigarette juice, hence most e cig users typically experience much less of a craving than smokers do (even if they stay addicted).

Nicotine research has gone far in the last few years, because nicotine research used to be tobacco smoke research for many years and only now we are able to look at nicotine outside of tobacco.

PharaohJ

Thanks for breaking it down lol :) i'm just starting to feel the effects after having 2 stems back to back. But, how long it takes to get through the stem even on max temp makes it pretty hard to get a high that feels more than lightheadedness. I've been definitely smoking an occasional bowl. At the moment I'm just not satisfied fully. That said, everyday i start feeling a little bit more. Probably because i keep vaping the same 2 stems back to back. Hoping that helps lower my tolerance a little. I can make it 2-3 days with smoking a bowl, but by that time my leg is screaming and I'm not sleeping well so i get bitchy. As soon as my gf brings my mood up i go and vape a couple stems. Usually takes the edge off slightly but if not then i reach for the bowl.

I definitely wont give up. Eventually I will be combustion free. I mean, Fuck Combustion, right? :)

Hey. I don't remember if anyone asked or if I mentioned it previous to this post but, yes I usually vape 2 stems back to back. Up until yesterday, i figured that when the vapour trails off and get wispy, its done. But then i looked at videos of well spent AVB and realized that mine is pretty golden. Slightly darker than tobacco. So i started going for 2 sessions with 1 stem, but 2 stems back to back and eventually i started feeling a little something. I mean, it takes for freaking ever so its not very efficient. For me anyway. So maybe when my tolerance drops a bit more, it'll make a difference. But then again, Bad Dog is sending me a DynaVap and bubbler (and other goodies) so that i can have another totally different vape experience. From the videos ive seen, Bad Dog's included, the thing can hit pretty hard. Ive seen some milkiness on many videos :D makes me very excited :):):)
Yeah, I think at the end of the day the issue is that the Arizer might just be too slow of an extractor for you. Something that's on demand like the Dynavap will help, it does also have a pretty small chamber so don't be surprised if you have to hit it more than once as well. As someone who's on the heavier usage size (70g a month), desktop vapes like the TerpTorch and Flowerpot are what got me to fully switch to vaping. Though, even throwing that Dynavap on a water pipe should give you some nice fluffy rips.

Bad Dog

@HyDrOpOnIc1987 it might not be a tolerance thing per say it might have to do more with temperature and speed of session. think of it this way, 2 people want to get drunk, one is quickly chugging 6 shots of hard liquor and the other is drinking 6 beers at a more leisurely pace. both people will get drunk but the chugger will get drunk quicker and have it come on stronger.

Bad Dog

I also feel like temperature is just as important maybe more so to people transitioning. even with my low tolerance and usual load size of .05 in my tinymight if I vape a bowl in my crafty which is like .3 I only get moderately high cause the temp is to low, so more doesn't always work either.

back when I use to watch more review videos on YouTube I remember troy from 420 vapezone say arizers don't really get him high either cause they are to slow

HyDrOpOnIc1987

I also feel like temperature is just as important maybe more so to people transitioning. even with my low tolerance and usual load size of .05 in my tinymight if I vape a bowl in my crafty which is like .3 I only get moderately high cause the temp is to low, so more doesn't always work either.

back when I use to watch more review videos on YouTube I remember troy from 420 vapezone say arizers don't really get him high either cause they are to slow
Well sheeit, wish id have know that last part before i bought it lmao but you already mentioned that too lol

Yeah, there's definitely more to it than i understand yet, but thats part of the fun i guess. The challenge lol i definitely wont be listening to people of reddit for vape suggestions lol glad i found this place. Seems like there's a ton of knowledgable people here :)

GoldenBud

The idea is to view both as different aspects.

One interesting little detail: nicotine by itself is actually considered to be mildly addictive, about the same as for example caffeine. However, nicotine in tobacco smoke is a very different story. The reason it is much more addictive in tobacco smoke is that tobacco smoke also contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors, those will alter the addictive qualities of nicotine by a ton. MAOis are not present in e cigarette juice, hence most e cig users typically experience much less of a craving than smokers do (even if they stay addicted).

Nicotine research has gone far in the last few years, because nicotine research used to be tobacco smoke research for many years and only now we are able to look at nicotine outside of tobacco.
so, but, i also wonder.. why is nicotine considered one of the most addictive substance on earth?
although i am sure also thc is addictive, yeh? ;)

GoldenBud,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
so, but, i also wonder.. why is nicotine considered one of the most addictive substance on earth?

Because it is super addictive when it comes in the form of tobacco smoke, which is the most widespread way of nicotine consumption by far. Nowadays it should be considered a myth, just as much as nicotine being carcinogenic or super toxic (both also debunked not too long ago). As I said, nicotine consumption used to be equal to tobacco smoking and it took a while to take both apart. There's even some research looking into possible beneficial effects of nicotine considering treating and / or preventing Parkinsons and Alzheimer disease.

As far as I know THC is not considered to be addictive in the strictest sense. But that would be another can of worms to be opened...

Last edited:

GoldenBud

As far as I know THC is not considered to be addictive in the strictest sense. But that would be another can of worms to be opened...
man i couldn't handle life without taking Advil pills (twice a day, max) in the first week of stopping THC...had weakness and flu-like....real flu.. can't get out of bed almost... from home it wouldn't be possible.... but i am also overweight... so maybe that's a reason too.. because as you know THC sticks to... fat
losing weight ofcourse is on the menu now too...

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I know THC can cause withdrawal effects for sure, but I don't think they work the same way as in opiates, alcohol or nicotine, more on a psychological level like cocaine or the internet. The WHO lists a „Cannabis dependency“ but doesn't define any specific withdrawal symptoms, I think that says a lot.

I might be very wrong here, though.

Isn't THC processed in our body? Seems odd that it would sit in our body fat.

Vaporware

@HyDrOpOnIc1987 I can’t blame you for going back to what you know, and a lot of people take much more than a few weeks to completely switch, but remember that doing those 2 stems and then combusting a bowl on top of it is going to set back lowering your tolerance even more.

If you have access to edibles or tinctures or if you can make some of your own I think that would be a better (but slower hitting) boost than the combustion bowl. Extracting flower or concentrate into oil and then making brownies or something is super easy, just have to keep the cooking temp low. :)

I’m sure you’ll figure it out, I just had to point out that combusting a bowl on top of the 2 stems is probably setting back your progress a bit each time.

@Siebter The reason I think a break could help people who are struggling to switch is that it should help to reset their mind and body’s expectations a bit.

If someone is using smaller amounts in their vaporizer than they were smoking, then they’d also need to reduce their tolerance or use multiple loads to get the same amount in, and if they’re used to having a fast large dose the longer session may not work for them.

Of course there are still people who switch back and forth or use both methods of consumption at the same time, so either it works for some of them or they continue to look at vaporizing as weak and not a real replacement for combustion when it can be…

As someone who’s never smoked I don’t know for sure what’s going on, but reading many threads like this a lot of people do seem to have an easier time switching when they completely quit smoking, take a break and come back with just a vaporizer. :2c:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Vaporware – While I do agree that we should reflect our expectations before switching (in the sense of having an open mindset towards the change of ritual or things just being a bit different), a t break would mainly address our tolerance – and I don't really see the need for that.

Here's my story: when I met my first vaporizer, I was smoking about a dozen of fat joints a day (plus some cigs too). A friend of mine gave it to me for a few weeks to test – a Magic Flight Launch Box, so... not exactly the hardest hitting device, even at that time. However, when I had my first session with it, I got *very high*. I instantly knew that this was the future. After that, it did take me a few months to finally have my very last joint, but then again I had a few decades of joint chainsmoking under my belt then... But what made me struggle was not that I couldn't get a satisfying high when vaping but things like having to find a new ritual, the right devices for my needs etc. Never did I consider the experience being „weak“; the amazement of how high one could be from such small amounts was one of the key factors for me.

And the reason why I think that first MFLB session was so successful is simply that that friend of mine showed me in person how to properly use the device. I think that makes a huge difference – there are so many details like grind, pack, temperature, number of hits and every vaporizer is a little bit different too. I think it's easy to understand why so many have a bit of a hard time when trying a vaporizer for the first time.

That's why I think it's important to avoid obstacles as much as possible. T breaks seem like an unnecessary obstacle to me and do not address the actual problem(s).

Last edited:

Bad Dog

to continue my little thought experiment, my example
think of it this way, 2 people want to get drunk, one is quickly chugging 6 shots of hard liquor and the other is drinking 6 beers at a more leisurely pace. both people will get drunk but the chugger will get drunk quicker and have it come on stronger.
to further expand on the idea lets say the beer drinker is more like a low to medium temp vaper and the liquor chugger is a smoker and lets say that is always how they get drunk and always have. what happens if you ask them to change to each others way of drinking? the liquor chugger might not like the gentler come on of more slowly drinking beer, might not like having to drink so much more liquid and going to the bathroom more and how much time it takes. while the beer drinker might not like the intense flavour of the hard liquor and back to back shots, the onset might be too quick and strong, and he might miss being able to sip on something for the rest of the evening? neither of them will happy with the new arrangement most likely but is there a compromise? what if we asked them to drink boilermakers (a beer with a shot of whisky), and we let the beer sipper slow down a bit and the chugger to speed up a bit? think of the boilermakers of high temp , combustion line vaping, will either be fully satisfied with the compromise? probably happier than being forced to do something is a bit more opposite of their norm, Both will be more content in the middle ground than at the opposite extreme.

Last edited:

HyDrOpOnIc1987

@HyDrOpOnIc1987 I can’t blame you for going back to what you know, and a lot of people take much more than a few weeks to completely switch, but remember that doing those 2 stems and then combusting a bowl on top of it is going to set back lowering your tolerance even more.

If you have access to edibles or tinctures or if you can make some of your own I think that would be a better (but slower hitting) boost than the combustion bowl. Extracting flower or concentrate into oil and then making brownies or something is super easy, just have to keep the cooking temp low. :)

I’m sure you’ll figure it out, I just had to point out that combusting a bowl on top of the 2 stems is probably setting back your progress a bit each time.

@Siebter The reason I think a break could help people who are struggling to switch is that it should help to reset their mind and body’s expectations a bit.

If someone is using smaller amounts in their vaporizer than they were smoking, then they’d also need to reduce their tolerance or use multiple loads to get the same amount in, and if they’re used to having a fast large dose the longer session may not work for them.

Of course there are still people who switch back and forth or use both methods of consumption at the same time, so either it works for some of them or they continue to look at vaporizing as weak and not a real replacement for combustion when it can be…

As someone who’s never smoked I don’t know for sure what’s going on, but reading many threads like this a lot of people do seem to have an easier time switching when they completely quit smoking, take a break and come back with just a vaporizer. :2c:
I don't have too much weed left. My vaporizer experiment has sped up my weed consumption x2. Its half way through the month and i would usually half a decent supply left, with left overs rolling over to the next month. But with trying to get used to the Air 2, especially at first, i was plowing through stems not knowing how dark to let my abv get. I couldnt catch a buzz but everyone on reddit was telling me to keep going, dont stop. Itll reset all my progress. But if i cant get high for too long, i have to do something, so i would smoke a bowl on top. I stopped that a couple days ago. I was going to stop my consumption completely for a few days, but last time i tried i made it 2-3 days and my knee pain got insane and my mood was shifting bad. So now im just having the 2 stems, just with an extra heating session inbetween.

I think i have like 1/3rd of an oz left and i get paid monthly so i can't really take much out to do anything fancy with. But i appreciate the idea :)
@Vaporware – While I do agree that we should reflect our expectations before switching (in the sense of having an open mindset towards the change of ritual or things just being a bit different), a t break would mainly address our tolerance – and I don't really see the need for that.

Here's my story: when I met my first vaporizer, I was smoking about a dozen of fat joints a day (plus some cigs too). A friend of mine gave it to me for a few weeks to test – a Magic Flight Launch Box, so... not exactly the hardest hitting device, even at that time. However, when I had my first session with it, I got *very high*. I instantly knew that this was the future. After that, it did take me a few months to finally have my very last joint, but then again I had a few decades of joint chainsmoking under my belt then... But what made me struggle was not that I couldn't get a satisfying high when vaping but things like having to find a new ritual, the right devices for my needs etc. Never did I consider the experience being „weak“; the amazement of how high one could be from such small amounts was one of the key factors for me.

And the reason why I think that first MFLB session was so successful is simply that that friend of mine showed me in person how to properly use the device. I think that makes a huge difference – there are so many details like grind, pack, temperature, number of hits and every vaporizer is a little bit different too. I think it's easy to understand why so many have a bit of a hard time when trying a vaporizer for the first time.

That's why I think it's important to avoid obstacles as much as possible. T breaks seem like an unnecessary obstacle to me and do not address the actual problem(s).
Thank you for sharing that :) it's nice to hear that someone did have a good first experience. I algee that if i had someone show me what to do in person, it'd maybe have made a huge difference. No one i know vapes dry herb. Had to rely on reddit (because i didn't find FC yet lol) and YT videos to show me the way. And YT videos dont show too too much of the whole process, just small pieces of things, not very good for learning for a first timer hands on learner lol
to continue my little thought experiment, my example

to further expand on the idea lets say the beer drinker is more like a low to medium temp vaper and the liquor chugger is a smoker and lets say that is always how they get drunk and always have. what happens if you ask them to change to each others way of drinking? the liquor chugger might not like the gentler come on of more slowly drinking beer, might not like having to drink so much more liquid and going to the bathroom more and how much time it takes. while the beer drinker might not like the intense flavour of the hard liquor and back to back shots, the onset might be too quick and strong, and he might miss being able to sip on something for the rest of the evening? neither of them will happy with the new arrangement most likely but is there a compromise? what if we asked them to drink boilermakers (a beer with a shot of whisky), and we let the beer sipper slow down a bit and the chugger to speed up a bit? think of the boilermakers of high temp , combustion line vaping, will either be fully satisfied with the compromise? probably happier than being forced to do something is a bit more opposite of their norm, Both will be more content in the middle ground than at the opposite extreme.
Sounds reasonable to me :) hoping for this compomise to work well :)

GoldenBud

I don't have too much weed left. My vaporizer experiment has sped up my weed consumption x2. Its half way through the month and i would usually half a decent supply left, with left overs rolling over to the next month. But with trying to get used to the Air 2, especially at first, i was plowing through stems not knowing how dark to let my abv get. I couldnt catch a buzz but everyone on reddit was telling me to keep going, dont stop. Itll reset all my progress. But if i cant get high for too long, i have to do something, so i would smoke a bowl on top. I stopped that a couple days ago. I was going to stop my consumption completely for a few days, but last time i tried i made it 2-3 days and my knee pain got insane and my mood was shifting bad. So now im just having the 2 stems, just with an extra heating session inbetween.
even if you give a heat soak on like 1 minute , the stem inside the vape, while it's very hot temp, you don't get buzz with 2x consumption ? wow.. so it's really nic maybe, FOR YOU PERSONALLY? as we see in this thread.. nic affect each other differently....

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom