Cant catch a buzz

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Hi, im new to the dry herb vaping world. Been nic vaping for almost a year now. I bought a Arizer Air 2 about a week or so ago and i cannot for the life of me catch a dang buzz using the device. Ive figured out the inhale, i know the temps, but for some reason im just not catching a buzz from it. I have a parcel in the mail with an 1/8th of top end buds and it should get here today. Hoping the top shelf buds will help. Im hoping someone has run accross this before and may be able to help. I hate the idea of a Tbreak. I havent been without weed in years and i def get super bitchy without lmao also, i have a medicinal prescription for up here in Ontario Canada, but i dont use it as i can get cheaper stronger weed elsewhere. Just figured i would through that in just in case its somehow relevant, even though i cant imagine how it would be lol

Tia for any help and info.

Also, im using the glass stems that came with it. I dont own a bong or bubbler and cant afford one as the last of my money went to the top shelf weed lol im on ODSP, Ontario Disability, so it was hard enough affording the vape in the first place. Thanks again!

HyDrOpOnIc1987,

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Session vape be like that IME; people love the Fury series but it was just meh to me Consider trying an on-demand device known to hit hard. I like the dynavap real well, but there are lots of choices.

feralcomprehension,
Reactions: passenger

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Session vape be like that IME; people love the Fury series but it was just meh to me Consider trying an on-demand device known to hit hard. I like the dynavap real well, but there are lots of choices.
Thanks. Not really an option for me to try another atm. Its why im looking for advice to make this one work well. Guess its just not for me lol its been driving me nuts using it and never catching more of a buzz than light headedness. A week and a day or 2 without the buzz, after years of using every day, its mighty hard lol i keep reading to just stick with it, but its hard to not just spark a joint, since i know ill get high from that. Sucks cuz i have athsma and felt a vape, especially one i spent $200 on, should help. But tbh its just making my throat and chest die a little every time i use it. Tyvm for the reply, even if it wasnt the answer i was hoping for lol :(

HyDrOpOnIc1987,

GoldenBud

in case you still would consider yourself a nic addicted/user or so, the nicotine releases much more neurotransmitors in the brain comparing to cannabis.. when your brain will forget nicotine you will get buzz etc'... you still vaping nicotine?

GoldenBud,

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Yeah, sure am. Its that or smoke again and i dont wanna smoke lol im on 6mg though so its fairly low concentration compared to those vaping 50mg nic

Have you tried running it on the highest temperature setting for the entire session?
Yes, thats where i catch the slightest buzz. Maybe i just need more time to get acclimated. Just frustrating lol thanks for the reply :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yes, thats where i catch the slightest buzz. Maybe i just need more time to get acclimated. Just frustrating lol thanks for the reply :)

Does the airflow feel pretty comfortable when you rip it or a bit too restricted? I find the Arizers take some technique for loading the stem, when done just right it should feel pretty good, I find you can get much bigger hits this way than if the herb is packed too tight.

Best of luck to ya!

HyDrOpOnIc1987

you have to give up nic for enjoying vaporization cannabis, and trust me, it will be enjoyable AF!
Yeah, unfortunately its not an option right now. I just made the switch from smoking to vaping nicotine less than a year ago and my gf smokes cigarettes sill. I'd rather smoke weed than tobacco tbh. Maybe ill sell the thing if i cant catch a buzz in a couple more days.

Does the airflow feel pretty comfortable when you rip it or a bit too restricted? I find the Arizers take some technique for loading the stem, when done just right it should feel pretty good, I find you can get much bigger hits this way than if the herb is packed too tight.

Best of luck to ya!
Yeah, ive been reading a lot on the stem loading technique. Ive put a small metal screen in so i can slurp the dry herb up into it and then very very lightly pack it in until it wont come out when i flip it upside down. It allows me a lot of airflow, but it only gets me light headed lmao

Appreciate the wish of luck. I feel like i need it lol

GoldenBud

Yeah, unfortunately its not an option right now. I just made the switch from smoking to vaping nicotine less than a year ago and my gf smokes cigarettes sill. I'd rather smoke weed than tobacco tbh. Maybe ill sell the thing if i cant catch a buzz in a couple more days.
Yeah if the gf is smoking it is a problem I am fully aware of, as my ex-gf smoked nic since she was 14 y/o, and ofc who am I to try smoking her when she's 30+ and doesn't want to stop on her own? Well, be strong.. and try implying her to stop nic..... if you push her too much it may be the end of the relation ship ehehe, it can cause fights between u and her.... it's her decision to make......if you near her most of the time it will be very hard to stop nic

GoldenBud,

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Yeah if the gf is smoking it is a problem I am fully aware of, as my ex-gf smoked nic since she was 14 y/o, and ofc who am I to try smoking her when she's 30+ and doesn't want to stop on her own? Well, be strong.. and try implying her to stop nic..... if you push her too much it may be the end of the relation ship ehehe, it can cause fights between u and her.... it's her decision to make......if you near her most of the time it will be very hard to stop nic
Oh for sure! Lol i make little comments here and there about her being out of breath at the top of stairs... she just looks at me like im nuts lmao its def her decision, but im always there for her to help whenever she needs it. We've been through a lot together. Been together about 15 years now. She helped me through the loss of both my parents. My mom dying was one of the reasons for my switching to vaping. Right as covid hit, she got sick and we found masses in her abdomen. 3 weeks later she was dead. I decided that if vaping got so many people to quit smoking, it should help for me too. I def noticed that since i started vaping, im not getting as high on weed as i used too. But i still do get high lol so i figure there might be another thing at play along with the nicotine to maybe make it so my dry herb vaping doesnt work. Who knows lol frickin thing is more complicated than its worth so far lmao tyvm for the good wishes and i hope you the best going forward as well! :)

LV2VP

Have you tried going T total from everything nic and weed for a few days might lower your tolerance enough that you get the buzz you're after. I smoked tobacco based joints for 20 years (mostly tobacco) and switched to vaping around 4 months ago. I stopped the weed totally for a couple of weeks and switched to a nic vape only, dialing down how much i used it over the couple of weeks (was never a heavy smoker so wasn't that hard). I then cut that totally and switched to vaping weed and found the buzz from the weed WAY better than i'd ever experienced in the previous 20 years even though i was now vaping about 1/3 of what i was smoking.

LV2VP,

Farid

Are you leaving the stem in while it heats up, and waiting long enough for the heat to sink in before you inhale?

darbarikanada

are you vaping it until it tastes like burnt popcorn? some people don't realize that you need to take 2-4 vape hits for every combustion hit, end up leaving a lot of unvaped material in their devices. it doesn't sound like this is what's going on with you, but just in case.

howie105

Hi, im new to the dry herb vaping world. Been nic vaping for almost a year now. I bought a Arizer Air 2 about a week or so ago and i cannot for the life of me catch a dang buzz using the device. Ive figured out the inhale, i know the temps, but for some reason im just not catching a buzz from it. I have a parcel in the mail with an 1/8th of top end buds and it should get here today. Hoping the top shelf buds will help. Im hoping someone has run accross this before and may be able to help. I hate the idea of a Tbreak. I havent been without weed in years and i def get super bitchy without lmao also, i have a medicinal prescription for up here in Ontario Canada, but i dont use it as i can get cheaper stronger weed elsewhere. Just figured i would through that in just in case its somehow relevant, even though i cant imagine how it would be lol

Tia for any help and info.

Also, im using the glass stems that came with it. I dont own a bong or bubbler and cant afford one as the last of my money went to the top shelf weed lol im on ODSP, Ontario Disability, so it was hard enough affording the vape in the first place. Thanks again!
Can you post a well color matched picture of the spent load?

howie105,

Vaporware

I know it can be hard to do if you’ve been using cannabis constantly over a long period, but I think a break really might help, and a bit of resetting your expectations too. I’ve never smoked, but a lot of smokers say vaporizing and smoking are different.

A lot of them end up preferring the feeling, but getting to that point often takes more than a week, and some extra help like a break or maybe adding other methods of consumption like edibles/tinctures/concentrates.

I usually use small doses and I don’t get a “buzz” type feeling from that, but when I was using larger doses (even through a slow extracting conduction vaporizer like my DaVinci Ascent) combined with a decent edible got me there consistently.

You don’t have the most powerful vaporizer and you may prefer something that extracts fast, but I think if you try these things I think you’ll get where you want to be and then you can adjust as needed:

1. Take a bit of a break and try to reset your expectations so you can see what it *is* rather than focusing on what it’s not. If there are real differences for you, you might find that you prefer them. A lot of people say that vaporizing (especially at low to medium temps) is a more “clean” or “clear” high.

I haven’t tried it, but this is supposed to really lower your tolerance in less than a week if you want to give it a shot:

2. Once your tolerance is lower, slowly increase the amount of flower you use until you get the effects you want.

3. Consider high temps if you specifically want that buzz, or lower temps if you want to see what else the plant has to offer.

4. Use it until it stops producing vapor or add extra flower (or multiple loads) to make up for what you’re leaving behind by not fully extracting it.

5. Try an edible or tincture a little while before using the vaporizer. This may not be necessary, but if you want heavy effects I think the combination works well.

Whatever you do though, especially with asthma I hope that you don’t give up completely and go back to smoking until your lungs are in even worse shape.

It seems to be a lot less harmful than smoking tobacco, but inhaling any kind of smoke long term is going to have some real negative effects on most people, especially if they already have lung issues.

Good luck, and if you have more questions/issues there are always people here willing to help you figure things out! :cheers:

Squidge

Butane powered
Nicotine is not the issue here

Cannabis users in Europe have been smoking spliffs for decades and are fully capable of getting a buzz from using tobacco and cannabis at the same time. Heck, I managed to do it for over twenty years!

I have been vaping nicotine since 2016 (currently 5mg/ml, was 12mg/ml) and I am fully able to feel the effects of THC or CBD dominant strains using a separate dry herb vape.

The issue here is the OP still combusting cannabis. You will never get the full effects from using cannabis in a dry herb vape as long as combustion is going on.

They need to take a t-break, even if it's for a few days. They also need to realise they won't get the same buzz from vaping cannabis as they do from combustion unless they vape at near combustion temperatures (which most of us don't do).

The highs from vaping and combusting are different. You're less likely get the "stoned, couch locked" feeling from vaping, the feeling is much clearer/cleaner than that.

Transitioning from combustion to heat-not-burn (dry herb) vaping will take some getting used to, but it can be done.

I wish the OP every success in their endeavours.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Have you tried going T total from everything nic and weed for a few days might lower your tolerance enough that you get the buzz you're after. I smoked tobacco based joints for 20 years (mostly tobacco) and switched to vaping around 4 months ago. I stopped the weed totally for a couple of weeks and switched to a nic vape only, dialing down how much i used it over the couple of weeks (was never a heavy smoker so wasn't that hard). I then cut that totally and switched to vaping weed and found the buzz from the weed WAY better than i'd ever experienced in the previous 20 years even though i was now vaping about 1/3 of what i was smoking.
I'm not too comfortable going without nic as i live with my gf who is a smoker still and if i come off the nic vape, ill probably end up smoking again. If there comes a time i can get aeay though, i will. :)
Are you leaving the stem in while it heats up, and waiting long enough for the heat to sink in before you inhale?
Ive tried both, but usually warm the stem while its in as the warmer the weed, the higher the vapour production. At least in my case lol
are you vaping it until it tastes like burnt popcorn? some people don't realize that you need to take 2-4 vape hits for every combustion hit, end up leaving a lot of unvaped material in their devices. it doesn't sound like this is what's going on with you, but just in case.
Definitely! Even after that a bit. I was vaping until all vapour subsided but then i read that its mostly nonpsychoactive chemicals left in the plant waxes and figured i should stop a bit earlier lol but i def wait till a couple toots past the popcorn taste.

HyDrOpOnIc1987,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
You don't necessarily have to stop mixing with nicotine. Although I stopped tobacco as soon as I started vaping, a friend still mixes in rolling tobacco, or preferably pipe tobacco and vapes that just like he used to smoke.
I also think a different vape, preferably torch based is the way to go. I don't find my Arizer air hits very hard compared to other vapes, especially for an ex smoker.

Vape signature makes a big difference.

Cheapest recommendation with a completely different vape signature, and can get high temps closer to smoking effects would be a vapour genie ss coil for $40 or a classic for a bit more (avoid the bats, they are crap) or something else similar that you might be more attuned to.

Vape signature matters. Some of my vapes get me blasted while I find others give me hardly any buzz using 3 times as much of the same gear.

Unfortunately there's a bit of having to find the right vape for your preferred type of high in the vape world, I think

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Have you tried boofing it? /s

on a serious note it took me 2 years to fully transition to vape. Had to take a T break and stop all smoking prior.

darbarikanada

i read that its mostly nonpsychoactive chemicals left in the plant waxes and figured i should stop a bit earlier
I'm no expert, but the lengthy thread here about vaping temps says almost the opposite, i.e. that the highest temps create the most physical effects. fwiw. let us know what happens if you venture into popcorn-tasting land...

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Can you post a well color matched picture of the spent load?
Hey, sorry I didn't catch this reply till just now. I'm not sure how to. Its light-medium brown all the way through.
I know it can be hard to do if you’ve been using cannabis constantly over a long period, but I think a break really might help, and a bit of resetting your expectations too. I’ve never smoked, but a lot of smokers say vaporizing and smoking are different.

A lot of them end up preferring the feeling, but getting to that point often takes more than a week, and some extra help like a break or maybe adding other methods of consumption like edibles/tinctures/concentrates.

I usually use small doses and I don’t get a “buzz” type feeling from that, but when I was using larger doses (even through a slow extracting conduction vaporizer like my DaVinci Ascent) combined with a decent edible got me there consistently.

You don’t have the most powerful vaporizer and you may prefer something that extracts fast, but I think if you try these things I think you’ll get where you want to be and then you can adjust as needed:

1. Take a bit of a break and try to reset your expectations so you can see what it *is* rather than focusing on what it’s not. If there are real differences for you, you might find that you prefer them. A lot of people say that vaporizing (especially at low to medium temps) is a more “clean” or “clear” high.

I haven’t tried it, but this is supposed to really lower your tolerance in less than a week if you want to give it a shot:

2. Once your tolerance is lower, slowly increase the amount of flower you use until you get the effects you want.

3. Consider high temps if you specifically want that buzz, or lower temps if you want to see what else the plant has to offer.

4. Use it until it stops producing vapor or add extra flower (or multiple loads) to make up for what you’re leaving behind by not fully extracting it.

5. Try an edible or tincture a little while before using the vaporizer. This may not be necessary, but if you want heavy effects I think the combination works well.

Whatever you do though, especially with asthma I hope that you don’t give up completely and go back to smoking until your lungs are in even worse shape.

It seems to be a lot less harmful than smoking tobacco, but inhaling any kind of smoke long term is going to have some real negative effects on most people, especially if they already have lung issues.

Good luck, and if you have more questions/issues there are always people here willing to help you figure things out! :cheers:
Thank you VERY much for the info. I'll be going over it and following everything as best i can. I stopped smoking a week ago, only dry herb vaping now with the occassional dab of live resin in my yocan cerum when i absolutely cant take my knee pain anymore.
Nicotine is not the issue here

Cannabis users in Europe have been smoking spliffs for decades and are fully capable of getting a buzz from using tobacco and cannabis at the same time. Heck, I managed to do it for over twenty years!

I have been vaping nicotine since 2016 (currently 5mg/ml, was 12mg/ml) and I am fully able to feel the effects of THC or CBD dominant strains using a separate dry herb vape.

The issue here is the OP still combusting cannabis. You will never get the full effects from using cannabis in a dry herb vape as long as combustion is going on.

They need to take a t-break, even if it's for a few days. They also need to realise they won't get the same buzz from vaping cannabis as they do from combustion unless they vape at near combustion temperatures (which most of us don't do).

The highs from vaping and combusting are different. You're less likely get the "stoned, couch locked" feeling from vaping, the feeling is much clearer/cleaner than that.

Transitioning from combustion to heat-not-burn (dry herb) vaping will take some getting used to, but it can be done.

I wish the OP every success in their endeavours.
Thank you! I wasnt sure it was as i know many people who vape nicotine and have vaped dry herb successfully. I think i just have a device thats too low powered for what im looking to achieve. I use cannabis for pain and anxiety relief so i can only go so long without as i dont want to use opiate pain meds. I'll be trying harder to get into this. Thank you for the kind words!
You don't necessarily have to stop mixing with nicotine. Although I stopped tobacco as soon as I started vaping, a friend still mixes in rolling tobacco, or preferably pipe tobacco and vapes that just like he used to smoke.
I also think a different vape, preferably torch based is the way to go. I don't find my Arizer air hits very hard compared to other vapes, especially for an ex smoker.

Vape signature makes a big difference.

Cheapest recommendation with a completely different vape signature, and can get high temps closer to smoking effects would be a vapour genie ss coil for $40 or a classic for a bit more (avoid the bats, they are crap) or something else similar that you might be more attuned to.

Vape signature matters. Some of my vapes get me blasted while I find others give me hardly any buzz using 3 times as much of the same gear.

Unfortunately there's a bit of having to find the right vape for your preferred type of high in the vape world, I think
I agree, i think my vape is just too low powered for what i was expecting it to achieve. Thank you for bringing other vape ideas to my attention! :)
Have you tried boofing it? /s

on a serious note it took me 2 years to fully transition to vape. Had to take a T break and stop all smoking prior.
Lmao! I'm just glad i'm not crazy! I felt like i hear about all these awesome potent experiences, but all im getting is lightheaded lmao ive been vaping and not smoking for a week now and i may just stop using for a few days, pain permitting, so that my tolerance drops even just a little bit.

Top Bottom