Cant catch a buzz

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Lmao yup, worked the first time. Im so impressed by this little chunk of metal. Who'd've thunk it? Lol :) having a BLAST playing with it. I love the form factor. About to try it in a min without the bubbler. Wanna see what it'd be
Iike if i brought it out somewhere. Think if it goes out, i should XL it for ease of handling. Does that affect the vapor quality or quantity?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
you can always pick up a additional spinning mouthpiece, increases length 1/2inch and obviously spinning lol

Vaporware

Vapor from the XL versions is indistinguishable from the M for me. If you added a lot more to the air path it could make a difference, but those few millimeters only really affect the feel in your hand and the size of container you can use for it.

If you like what you’re getting I wouldn’t steer you away from trying an XL version, but I should say that personally (largely due to mediocre flavor) VapCaps fall behind a lot of other vaporizers for me. I would put any decent on demand convection device first, the Firewood 7 (and I’m sure the upcoming 8), etc. above them for me personally. The Anvil is another to look at in the VC vein, although it is a bit expensive.

On the other hand there are plenty of people who absolutely love their VapCaps and they help a lot of people switch from smoking.

I’m happy that it’s getting the job done for you and if you want to stick with it that’s 100% fine. VCs are all some people like. I just want you to know there’s a lot of other good stuff out there to look into in the future too. :)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
(largely due to mediocre flavor)

The Dynavaps are often considered to be lacking in the flavor department, and I must say: I don't see that at all. To be clear: I agree that they are not able to pump out those super terpy kind of hits like the TM or the Bowle... But I do like the DVs flavor profile. A lot. I think it's more a matter of personal taste than an objective metric.

Edit: but yeah, the world of vaporizers is big and wonderful.

GoldenBud

the flavor from the DV is not top notch (like the convection device do) and not too weak... something in the middle...ofcourse if it's after cleaning....

GoldenBud,
Reactions: fangorn

GoldenBud

the flavor from the DV is not top notch (like the convection device do) and not too weak... something in the middle...ofcourse if it's after cleaning....
will have to say that with the amazon's screens (made in the USA) , not ccd and not other screens, the taste is much better.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I've been cutting down titanium screens for years for my DynaVap

Bad Dog,

MrSpicoli

Thank god I read through this thread. I was about to get an Arizer Air II...now that I know it's weak I'll stay away from it. Is it safe to say the Arizer is more like sipping a drink instead of taking a shot?

MrSpicoli,
Reactions: Bad Dog

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Thank god I read through this thread. I was about to get an Arizer Air II...now that I know it's weak I'll stay away from it. Is it safe to say the Arizer is more like sipping a drink instead of taking a shot?
Yes! Very much so. The DynaVap is like a punch in the face, while the Air 2 was like a tickle with a feather. I couldn't get high for the life of me. I get high everytime with DynaVap. Also, higher temp high so it hits pretty damn hard as well. Very similar in effects to smoking, but less cloudy in the head. Not meaning to sound like a DV fan boy lmao just super impressed after the Air 2 flop. If you have any kind of tolerance, smoke a gram or more a day, Air 2 will just not satisfy your needs. At least not for me, and @Bad Dog has a similar story with a Crafty as well. Some of us just need a harder hitting vape. DynaVap was just that for me. And it doesn't hurt that you can buy one for $100 or less. More if you gor for this year's welcome pack.

I'm glad you found this thread, as finding the right vape is difficult and can be costly if you don't get lucky the first time. I hope you find the right vape for you. And when you do, come back and tell us about it! :)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I agree high temp vaping is much like combustion.You got additional nasty byproducts like benzene that slow your metabolism and make the experience resemble that of smoking,also the desired throat hit and the need to feel heat . Smoking is a nasty habbit and while it can be replacee with vaporizing,IMO it will never be the same. For me vaporizing experience is tonns better in terms of effects,so it is a nonsense for me at this point to even think that i want the effects of smoking .. :) Given time probably you will adjust to a more healthy routine and rediscover new love for your air 2 and lower temp vaporizing experience :).
For the record when i first started vaping i was also roasting my herbs to very dark brown, after that i discovered ,that if vapor stops at a certain temp and increasing it doesnt produce more vapor,than there is no need to go over it ,let alone from the very beggining. Overboiling destroyes compounds and you are not getting full spectrum experience.Same it is with smoking it destoys many of the stimulating compounds and degrades them,thats why it feels stonier,balance between them is shifted in favor of the more sedating compounds with higher boiling point.

Last edited:

HyDrOpOnIc1987

I guess that's possible, but for the moment it may as well be a paper weight lol i tried for at least 2 full weeks but had to cave and smoke a bowl as i smoke for pain management as well as anxiety and the such. Nvothing I did would allow me to feel anything other than lightheaded. On the flipside though, @Bad Dog bought and shipped a 2021 M and a bubbler and the very first time I used it I got high. And I'm not always chasing the heavy effects, during the day I like to heat my cap higher so that the material is heated less. Not as heavy of a high so perfect for when you need some relief but still need to function. I expected the DynaVap to do this, but the part that blew my mind was when I heated lower on the cap and held a second over the click, i got a pretty heavily sedative high perfect for night time. The fact that the DV can do both of those for me made it the superior device. Perhaps one day my tolerance will drop and the Air 2 will become more effective. Only time will tell :)

beluga808

For the record when i first started vaping i was also roasting my herbs to very dark brown, after that i discovered ,that if vapor stops at a certain temp and increasing it doesnt produce more vapor,than there is no need to go over it ,let alone from the very beggining.
THIS is so true. I also was team "very dark brown" for quite a long time. When I recently received my Couchlog I was amazed that it produces this thick and tasty vapor. Then I was shocked how light the abv was. Couldn't believe it and threw it in my Tinymight with "dark brown" setting, but nothing. No more vapor.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
THIS is so true. I also was team "very dark brown" for quite a long time. When I recently received my Couchlog I was amazed that it produces this thick and tasty vapor. Then I was shocked how light the abv was. Couldn't believe it and threw it in my Tinymight with "dark brown" setting, but nothing. No more vapor.
Yeah some times people think they need higher temp,but actually they need more calories/thermal energy:). A pocket torch burns at 1200C but it is not enough ot heat a room,you need more calories not higher temp.2000w air conditioner blowing 30C does a perfect job :))..
This is where most vapes fail for me ,they dont have enough calories at low temps in order to give satisying hits,and by the time you get them ,you are already scortching ... I also hate having to control heat with my draw rate... in order to get vaporization or avoid combustion. High mass heaters are a blessing in that area.

Last edited:

jedge

Hi, if that can help ,i find for mysel that conduction vaps give me stronger buzz, it's difficult to describe but i'm more stoned with my vaponic than my elev8r....

jedge,
Reactions: fangorn

HyDrOpOnIc1987

I was smoking between 1-1.5 g's a day while smoking, bounced to 2-2.5 for the Air 2 because I just could not catch the buzz i was seeking, but now unless my pain is severe i'm using at most a gram but usually between half a gram to 3 quarters of a gram a day with the DynaVap. So for me, it seems to do the trick nicely. Eventually I want to start down the road to trying other vapes, but for the moment i am extremely happy with what i have. I haven't smoked anything since I got the DV.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Yeah some times people think they need higher temp,but actually they need more calories/thermal energy:). A pocket torch burns at 1200C but it is not enough ot heat a room,you need more calories not higher temp.2000w air conditioner blowing 30C does a perfect job :))..
This is where most vapes fail for me ,they dont have enough calories at low temps in order to give satisying hits,and by the time you get them ,you are already scortching ... I also hate having to control heat with my draw rate... in order to get vaporization or avoid combustion. High mass heaters are a blessing in that area.
Yeah, could have explained it wrong. I just meant that i FELT that was my issue with the Air 2. It's my very first dry herb vape so it's very much a learning experience. But, that's why I'm here! To learn and hopefully provide some help and guidance to someone else in a similar situation. If i had stumbled accross this forum a couple weeks earlier, i would never have bought the Air 2. I made the mistake of trusting reddit's broscience to guide me. Don't make that mistake! Lol

I'm sure as i acclimate more to dry herb vaping, I'll learn to like lower temps, but for the moment it just makes me second guess if I'm truely high at all lol during the day sometimes its nice to have a bit of a lower temp, but i still love that extra stoney high that comes from either smoking or higher temp vaping.

Also, i doubt i get that close to the combustion line in my DV. I'm always so scared to burn everything lmao i've only combusted twice so far, both times were from being careless while already high. So i'm hoping i'm staying away from at least some of those chemicals that come out with higher temp vaping (benzene and the such :) ).

3xFantasyChamp

I'm sure as i acclimate more to dry herb vaping, I'll learn to like lower temps, but for the moment it just makes me second guess if I'm truely high at all lol during the day sometimes its nice to have a bit of a lower temp, but i still love that extra stoney high that comes from either smoking or higher temp vaping.

Yeah, I think you have the right idea.

I want to say it took me around 3-4 weeks before my body decided it liked DHV. I was pretty much always riding the line/getting dark ABV. I like those heavy, roasty hits y'know?

Once my body acclimated, I was getting pretty blasted off lower temp hits. I still prefer RTL, but it is nice that sometimes the lower temps gets me more medicated.

3xFantasyChamp,
Reactions: Squidge

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Yeah, I think you have the right idea.

I want to say it took me around 3-4 weeks before my body decided it liked DHV. I was pretty much always riding the line/getting dark ABV. I like those heavy, roasty hits y'know?

Once my body acclimated, I was getting pretty blasted off lower temp hits. I still prefer RTL, but it is nice that sometimes the lower temps gets me more medicated.
Thanks! It's good to know I'm on the right path :) hard not to be with all of you experienced, wonderful people around lol

Top Bottom