• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

florduh

The article points out in 2021 there were 3054 pediatric poisonings from cannabis products (no deaths). In 2017 there were 3371 juvenile gun deaths (as in no longer alive). Guess which will get regulated first?

Unless I'm greatly mistaken those cannabis "poisonings" did not result in any deaths or permeant injury. More likely, they were panic attacks followed by a long nap.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
More likely, they were panic attacks followed by a long nap.
I’m so tired of this sort of oversimplification, it conveniently glosses over one of the major components in these medical events, and you know it @florduh so let’s be completely honest.

You know damn well there were also intense food cravings and at least one ecstatic eating episode! :razz:

florduh

I’m so tired of this sort of oversimplification, it conveniently glosses over one of the major components in these medical events, and you know it @florduh so let’s be completely honest.

You know damn well there were also intense food cravings and at least one ecstatic eating episode! :razz:

First Half GIF

JBone65

I attempted to post this link a few weeks ago but that one wouldn't update daily. This newsletter has a lot of pages and stories, in case you're bored.... 🥱

Twenty-six days until Oklahoma votes on State Question 820, the recreational weed initiative. Hopefully it will pass by a wide margin. If it passes, any yay-hoo can roll in here, fill up their trunk with bargain weed, and roll out the same day.

MinnBobber

I attempted to post this link a few weeks ago but that one wouldn't update daily. This newsletter has a lot of pages and stories, in case you're bored.... 🥱

Twenty-six days until Oklahoma votes on State Question 820, the recreational weed initiative. Hopefully it will pass by a wide margin. If it passes, any yay-hoo can roll in here, fill up their trunk with bargain weed, and roll out the same day.
❤️
Yay-hoo in waiting…..
Minnesota Medical —- $60 1/8 🙁

MinnBobber,

JBone65

❤️
Yay-hoo in waiting…..
Minnesota Medical —- $60 1/8 🙁
The price per ounce will probably surge initially. However, SQ820 was written by proponents of free enterprise. It's not the same group that wrote the current free-wheeling medical law, but this bill will be similar in many ways, and it's not expected to "put a damper on things". The price per ounce should fall back down by late summer.

Let's all join hands and pray for a record 2023 :leaf: harvest.

It breaks my little black heart that this $1.7B cannabis company is failing. IMO weed heads can't afford that sort of corporate greed.

Last edited:

Madtater

I am all for making it legal for adults in the setting of medicine OR recreation, but the laws need to be followed and companies should DEFINITELY not be making any cannabis product look like regular candy/food items.

I wish people were smarter about this so as not to give the industry another black eye.

Madtater,
Reactions: jbm

Vaporware

Should we ban candy/cake/etc. that has alcohol in it too?

Anyone who has kids around should be careful with any kind of food containing these things, and as amusing as they might be we should probably skip products that look almost identical to other non-medicated foods.

Even knowing that some people with kids around are irresponsible though, I don’t think that banning everyone from having any kind of medicated candy/cake/brownie/other food is the answer. :2c:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Well, children get hold of guns frequently when they shouldn't..... I say ban guns and candy!

Cheebsy,
Reactions: Knewt

Madtater

This is true, however gun manufacturers dont dress up guns to look like candy so kids take interest. You dont see the manufacturers putting oxy in skittles wrappers.

I agree it is up to parents to keep their kids away from these things, and shame on them if they dont, but at the end of the day, cannabis is medication. Accidents happen of course though. No need to dress it up and make it worse imho.

Madtater,
Reactions: jbm

AssistedLiving

Pot producers find a creative way around THC limits for gummies — and Health Canada is not amused​

When is an edible not an edible? When it’s a “chewable extract.”

Aurora Cannabis and other cannabis producers appear to be finding some creative ways around doseage limits for legal THC gummies — and Health Canada apparently isn’t amused.

Some of the products, which hit legal pot stores and the Ontario Cannabis Store website late last year, even have a cheeky name: “Glitches.” And they’re a natural result, say industry officials, of competition from the grey market, where vastly stronger edibles are readily available.

Industry sources say several licensed producers, including Aurora, have received letters from Health Canada recently about edibles which the regulator said didn’t conform to the rules. It wasn’t immediately clear if any of the products used the same approach as Aurora’s Glitches.

The Drift brand, Glitches, produced by Aurora, each contain 10 mg of THC per unit, the maximum for edibles and extract products. But they come in packages of 5 or 10, meaning there are either 50 or 100 mg of THC per package. Edibles can have a maximum of 10 mg per package, while “extract” products can contain up to 1000 mg of THC per package.

That caught the attention of Health Canada.

“Health Canada has identified edible cannabis products erroneously being classified and marketed as cannabis extract products,” said spokesperson Tammy Jarbeau. “These non-compliant products do not meet the controls in the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations which serve to mitigate against public health and public safety risks associated with edible cannabis.”

Extract products, whether they’re in gel form or liquid, are also supposed to contain no added sugar or sweeteners. The Glitches ingredient list includes oligofructose, which is listed by Health Canada as a dietary fibre, but is sometimes used as an alternative, low-calorie sweetener.

Correction — Feb. 1, 2023: The Drift brand, Glitches, produced by Aurora Cannabis, each contain 10 mg of THC per unit, the maximum for edibles and extract products. Per government guidelines, edibles can have a maximum of 10 mg per package, while “extract” products can contain up to 1000 mg of THC per package. A previous version of this article erroneously stated how much THC is in the Glitches product and what government guidelines allow.

AssistedLiving,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Polarbearboy,
Reactions: Summer

florduh

I love dogs as much as the next guy, but this article is infuriating. If your dog is going to eat a mostly burnt joint off the ground, they're liable to eat far more harmful shit as well. Watch your dog.

And if you want to see the damage the media's new reefer madness push is doing to the American brain, click on the comment section. This is the NYT. It's what the "smart" people are reading.

Gunky

Everything in the article is anecdotal. There is no hard evidence for anything alleged. No real statistics either. A bunch of hearsay and theorizing. A lot of dark insinuations about how dangerous to dogs but no numbers for deaths due to cannabis. Someone says both her dogs ate roaches off the street. How does she know that? Did she see roaches and if so why didn't she stop the dogs from eating them? Most dogs are not interested in anything that smells like burnt paper.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Great story about long-time organic farming sisters now getting into growing organic outdoor weed.
NYT requires subscription, but I saw a nice photo of the old gals.
Hope they are not crushed by Big Canna!

vapviking,

arefx

Guess I'm Gonna Die
Just take care of yourself and do cardio a few times a week, it will definitely help you out more than not and the hardest part of cardio is starting. Get a pair of running shoes so you don't hurt yourself, vape a bowl, put on some good tunes in the ear buds and go for a little run around the neighborhood. Eventually you start getting a high (runners high but it's real) just off the run.

👍

Madtater

Guess I'm Gonna Die
That is a pretty big accusation. All the studies done over the years. All the trials they have done. All of the people who partake. All the benefits already found through studies…..and NOW they’re saying “1/3 more likely to get heart disease”?

I call bullshit.

Probably just another push from big pharma to scare people into not medicating natural

florduh

Guess I'm Gonna Die

This guy disagrees:

tommy-chong.jpg

The study referenced was done with statistical analysis based on self reported cannabis usage. In other words, spreadsheet tomfoolery.

If you're an American, you will probably die of heart disease. But it won't be the cannabis. It will be your diet. And lack of exercise.

Run this "study" again but only give the stoners healthy munchies and you'll get a vastly different result.

Also the fake news New York Post can suck my dick, from behind. Of course they're using this spreadsheet study to spread FUD about legalization.

florduh

Freedom Lovin Texas is trying to put 17 year olds away for 10 years for buying a legal Delta-8 cart at a gas station.

I get offers to do work projects in Texas from time to time. Always turn them down. Same with any prohibition State. For the same reason I won't go to places like Dubai.

Top Bottom