Cannabis News

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

Dodgy science, poor access and high prices: The parallel medical world of medicinal marijuana in America

It’s been nearly three decades since California pioneered the therapeutic use of cannabis, but patients still face a confusing patchwork of rules.

florduh

Star Trek Bullshit GIF

Why would some shady D8 maker be giving away free fentanyl? How would this benefit them exactly?

Ryan McNeil, the director of harm reduction research at the Yale University program in addiction medicine, said he hadn’t heard of other incidents of gummies having opioids detected in them.

“It’s really unusual,” he said.

Past reports of marijuana laced with fentanyl have largely been walked back or not confirmed in laboratory tests.

JBone65

SQ820 will be decided in a single issue special election next Tuesday. The measure will fully legalize and decriminalize cannabis. :tup: Yee-haw!!! :clap:Even the OKC police chief endorses legalization. :rockon:

The new law won't go into effect until June 5th, and I'm not gonna make it 3 more months, so finally caved and applied for a medical license. The 2-year license cost $121 for fossils :myday: (only $5/mo) and the medical tax rate is half at 7.5%.

I'm very anxious to receive it in a week or so. Have been searching for a killer bag of pure sativa via Weedmaps. There are 3800 local ads for 1 oz of flower. Around 90% are indica or hybrids,10% are listed as "sativa" and I haven't heard of most of those strains. Would have to buy it just to test it. The going rate for a strong ounce of a known quantity like Durban poison or jack Herer will be between $100 and $140.

Thinking about planting some jack Herer autoflower seeds on the porch just for the hell of it. Wtf. It's legal....:leaf:

Last edited:

florduh

Paywall removed: https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https://www...an-delta-8-veterans-pushing-back-17810732.php

“If eating a delta-8 gummy helps you manage your life, helps you function, helps you avoid a pharmaceutical fog, helps keep you gainfully employed, what is the harm in that?” said Mitch Fuller, national and state legislative chairman for the Texas Veterans of Foreign Wars, adding that addictive opioids are often much more detrimental.

The Texas Veterans of Foreign Wars should threaten to run ads against every scumbag who votes to criminalize Delta-8 saying "Representative Fuckface Hates Veterans". They could easily get enough donations to cover it.

I guarantee the higher ranking members of the legislature took Sackler opioid blood money when it was on offer too.

JBone65

Early turnout was light. Only a couple of folks there so I was finished in 2 minutes.

The article reflects the local negative viewpoint, not extremely negative, just negative in general. Church groups oppose it for the usual reasons, e.g. an expected increase in drug use among kids, more homelessness, attracting the criminal element, society going to shit, etc.

Although cannabis will still be regulated and taxed, SQ820 is almost free-market legalization IMO. It includes a moratorium on new dispensary licenses for two years. This will give the existing 2000+ stores an earned head start with recreational. There is already a two year moratorium on grower licenses, supposedly while the authorities identify and shut down black market growers. The state's requirement to issue new business licences will be eliminated for two years. There shouldn't be any new criminal element moving in as a result of this law, and less criminal element overall.

I hope it passes as a first step toward national legalization. Oklahoma can sell twice as much cannabis legally in stores, more dispensaries and growers can operate with only one set of books, more tax revenue will be raised, there will be a little less black market activity, etc.

I know a lot of folks are up in arms about the way the OMMA issued 7000+ grower licenses, and are (slowly) trying to identify the black market operators (very slowly!!). Can we be honest for a moment? Oklahoma black market cannabis "runners" are, in many ways, better than most drug cartels, such as importers of fentanyl, heroin/amphetamine, designer drugs, counterfeit pills, etc. IMO weed is much healthier than the accepted options of alcohol and tobacco, yet helpless users are made to feel shame and guilt, and pay more money. :nod:

More competition is good for everyone. :leaf:😃

Last edited:

darkstar72

Fingers crossed this Oklahoma special election to legalize recreational passes today.

The article above hinted that full state legalization would lessen the black market influence (more white market customers). I believe this is incorrect. The reason the black market does so well is due to the federal tax code, specifically 480E, which disallows expenses for schedule 1 drug trafficking (and the approximate 20% state sin / sales tax). This results in insanely high taxes for farmers and sellers who participate in the legal market. This why California has a mess on its hands. The government should not tax, regulate, or limit a plant we the people love and that grows like a weed.

JBone65

Fingers crossed this Oklahoma special election to legalize recreational passes today.

The article above hinted that full state legalization would lessen the black market influence (more white market customers). I believe this is incorrect. The reason the black market does so well is due to the federal tax code, specifically 480E, which disallows expenses for schedule 1 drug trafficking (and the approximate 20% state sin / sales tax). This results in insanely high taxes for farmers and sellers who participate in the legal market. This why California has a mess on its hands. The government should not tax, regulate, or limit a plant we the people love and that grows like a weed.
Interesting. Hadn't thought of the tax implications for growers or dispensaries.

While dispensary sales in Oklahoma could double, turning $600M of black market cannabis into legal cannabis, this law won't help the bulk of US consumers, growers or government tax revenues.

Legalization in Ok will indirectly increase pressure on other governments (state and federal?) to legalize, expunge records, let people out of jail, and stop firing people. Legalization is the surest way to end the black market IMO.

I guess I'm an activist now. :rant:Been waiting 50+ years.....

Edit: It failed. Dang it.

Last edited:

florduh

You can thank the piggies for that.

"Law enforcement does not want that dirty money," Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn said. Greg Mashburn. "No one is out here killing anyone over a Coors Lite, but it happens on a regular basis across our state that people will kill each other over a little bit of marijuana."

Start saying that kind of shit on TV with crime hysteria sweeping the nation...I'm not shocked it worked, in retrospect.

@JBone65 you live there. Are people shooting at you over an eighth "on a regular basis" or is this hog lying to voters?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wait -- this is an outrage!
Another election stolen!?!?!?!

@JBone65, you have our deepest condolences.
Good thing you got that med card recently!

JBone65

Wait -- this is an outrage!
Another election stolen!?!?!?!

@JBone65, you have our deepest condolences.
Good thing you got that med card recently!
It's sad. The negative propaganda campaign was intense enough to motivate the anti-cannabis crowd. It's probably due to non-user backlash after 4 1/2 years of too much cannabis exposure. We could've had another societal cash source, instead nothing will change. The number of licensed growers (7000+) won't change significantly, the amount grown, etc. Locally grown cannabis with an annual gross value of $600M will not be allowed into the legal market. Criminal potheads (those without medical licenses) from Ok and surrounding states will have to remain criminals and continue dodging the law for now. Two steps forward, one step backward. Hopefully no one will start a petition to end medical cannabis...

JBone65

You can thank the piggies for that.

Start saying that kind of shit on TV with crime hysteria sweeping the nation...I'm not shocked it worked, in retrospect.

@JBone65 you live there. Are people shooting at you over an eighth "on a regular basis" or is this hog lying to voters?
There have been a few high profile "killings" in the Ok cannabis industry, all out in the brush to my knowledge. Large amounts of black market grow activity has been documented..😳

However, this is supposedly being remedied, and the new law would have allowed no new growers or dispensaries for at least two years. I don't hear about many dispensary robberies. This was unexpected considering it's a cash business. Might just be a reflection on the community.

I haven't been shot at recently, but this is the wild west with open carry laws so anything is possible. Their have been several cases where local folks quickly dispatched would-be psycho shooters. SQ820 would have allowed medical license holders to own firearms, whatever that's worth.

Last edited:

florduh

There have been a few high profile "killings" in the Ok cannabis industry, all out in the brush to my knowledge. Large amounts of black market grow activity has been documented..😳

I think you've posted about black market grow shootouts. But that's not what that cop was talking about. He made it sound like weed fiends are regularly murdering each other over a few grams.

And it looks like his lie had the intended effect. The most likely voters view cops as more trustworthy than your average citizen. Which is a shame because cops and prosecutors are among the most brazen liars on the planet.

These people have no qualms with lying under oath ( widely known as TestiLying in the LE community), so of course they have no issue lying to local media.

florduh

Honestly if you're Medicare eligible, and you're opting for medical cannabis over pharma painkillers... why shouldn't you get reimbursed? You paid into the program for decades. Doesn't really seem fair that the guy on opioids is covered but the medical marijuana patient is on their own.

AssistedLiving

Honestly if you're Medicare eligible, and you're opting for medical cannabis over pharma painkillers... why shouldn't you get reimbursed? You paid into the program for decades. Doesn't really seem fair that the guy on opioids is covered but the medical marijuana patient is on their own.

I'm in a legal state with a medical card & I'm not even allowed to have my Legal & Medically prescribed cannabis on the PROPERTY of the assisted-living facility I'm at because of Federal law.

florduh

I'm in a legal state with a medical card & I'm not even allowed to have my Legal & Medically prescribed cannabis on the PROPERTY of the assisted-living facility I'm at because of Federal law.

I totally forgot this is a thing. What needless cruelty. This right here should be reason enough for the Feds to get their shit together and fix the law. Every day they don't is a big fuck you to seniors trying to get through the day.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Rosin pods have been around for a few years for the Era, Blue River was the first to offer them. The Jetty solventless stuff is a favorite among “cartridge connoisseurs“ right now and is available in 510 and Era pods.

This is the one of the most recent posts where you mentioned Blue River, I was trying to find a place to reply best, I still never got to try them, never got to the dispensary I found that had them again, finally looking at them again and now I see they don't even have them anymore lol so I went to the Blue River website to find a store and see they are only available on the East Coast now?? I know you're socal too does that sound right to you, or have you still been getting them?!?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This is the one of the most recent posts where you mentioned Blue River, I was trying to find a place to reply best, I still never got to try them, never got to the dispensary I found that had them again, finally looking at them again and now I see they don't even have them anymore lol so I went to the Blue River website to find a store and see they are only available on the East Coast now?? I know you're socal too does that sound right to you, or have you still been getting them?!?

They’ve been gone for a while, they left CA because the taxation was too much as the recreational model here is not really designed for smaller businesses.

There’s a bunch of rosin pens and pods available now though. I usually get the 710labs rosin pods for when I need something in my pocket!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
They’ve been gone for a while, they left CA because the taxation was too much as the recreational model here is not really designed for smaller businesses.

There’s a bunch of rosin pens and pods available now though. I usually get the 710labs rosin pods for when I need something in my pocket!

Damn, I guess I shouldn't have procrastinated, although if I had tried them maybe I would have been even more disappointed when they suddenly disappeared and I had to get something else instead haha

I really hate pods, and have no interest in buying a new battery, I mean my own experience is only with the era, but it wasn't too satisfactory compared to regular cartridges and batteries I have no interest in trying stiizy or whatever any of those other brands of pods systems, I've actually never seen 710 labs with a pen although I do have some rosin from them in a badder that is decent...

Oh well, I basically rely on raw garden for cartridges, and really only when traveling, I used to always keep a pen in my pocket during the day, and now that going back into work has unfortunately become a thing, I may need to again.. I'm just annoyed now by the idea of not keeping them upright, or having them in the pocket getting warm etc. I don't know they can be so convenient but also so annoying I'm just not happy anymore with this stuff as it is lol I mean I remember used to bring herbs ground up with vapes places instead and now that just sounds so tedious I can't imagine bothering! I'd rather stay home :lmao:

Top Bottom