Cannabis News

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Uh, no. They did thier job for once. Maybe change the damn laws but defunding the agency designed to prevent things like 911 is insane. Especially in light of the report from Dec 31 2022 that increased chatter from Al-Qaeda indicates "upcoming attacks on US, possibly involving planes, that will use new techniques and tactics.”
Naw, Fuck the TSA. There is no evidence creating this agency would have prevented 911 nor has it prevented a single terrorist incident.

florduh

Uh, no. They did thier job for once. Maybe change the damn laws but defunding the agency designed to prevent things like 911 is insane. Especially in light of the report from Dec 31 2022 that increased chatter from Al-Qaeda indicates "upcoming attacks on US, possibly involving planes, that will use new techniques and tactics.”

I mean, when audited they miss 95% of actual threats coming through security, but at least they prevented some grandpa from eating a bunch of Doritos and passing out.

Rare Libertarian W with this take:

As for Al Qaeda coming back. I mean, Zoomers are starting to dress the way we did when I was in high school 20 years ago, so maybe. About time for some early 2000's nostalgia. I miss getting those terror forecasts. "Oh are we at Orange today?"

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Naw, Fuck the TSA. There is no evidence creating this agency would have prevented 911 nor has it prevented a single terrorist incident.

Hehehe fine by me, I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest structure/house to me is at least a half mile in any direction as the crow flies. I haven't been on a plane in decades and won't be in the future. Somehow I suspect very few (if any) of you and your families can say the same, no skin off my ass, enjoy the ride.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
You want to go the rest of your life without experiencing anything further than a drive away?

That would depress the FUCK out of me... The world is so big and I absolutely LOVE the experience of travel, seeing the world through my own eyes and eating everything in sight.... Hawaii, Europe, Canada, Caribbean, South America, Middle East, etc. There are few places in the world I will not travel.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
You want to go the rest of your life without experiencing anything further than a drive away?

That would depress the FUCK out of me... The world is so big and I absolutely LOVE the experience of travel, seeing the world through my own eyes and eating everything in sight.... Hawaii, Europe, Canada, Caribbean, South America, Middle East, etc. There are few places in the world I will not travel.

I have been around the world 3.times on ships and flown nearly 1000 hours. I've been everywhere on your list and my own list. I'm extremely content to wander the mountains where I live with my friends, family and animals for the rest of my time on this planet. There isn't anything inside or outside Conus I wanted to see or do that I haven't done except be the old dude on top of the mountain and I'm currently living that dream now, thank you very much. When you're happy on the inside, you need not seek external gratification.

Last edited:

Madtater

I have been around the world 3.times on ships and flown nearly 1000 hours. I've been everywhere on your list and my own list. I'm extremely content to wander the mountains where I live with my friends, family and animals for the rest of my time on this planet. There isn't anything inside or outside Conus I wanted to see or do that I haven't done except be the old dude on top of the mountain and I'm currently living that dream now, thank you very much. When you're happy on the inside, you need not seek external gratification.
Exactly. Whatever makes a person happy, they gotta do. Anyone that tells anyone otherwise is a fucking moron.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Exactly. Whatever makes a person happy, they gotta do. Anyone that tells anyone otherwise is a fucking moron.

Grandmaster Ed Parker the founder of Kenpo karate said it best, "those who seek to shorten another's line usally fail to lengthen thier own". Ego is man's greatest fault, deciding another man's needs or happiness for him is perhaps the greatest transgression of all.

Gunky

Well, you go through different stages of your life. Same here: I traveled all round the world, lived abroad for years, lived in many parts of the US, did all sorts of things... but now I'm 70 and I like hanging out at home in a rural setting, growing weed, playing guitar, cooking, tai chi, etc.
019a.jpg

Last edited:

JBone65

JBone65,

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Grand Master Ed Parker was way off-topic.

Nope, he was referring to martial artists who spend more time getting high and disparaging others training than they spent on thier own training. Very common today in the sport martial arts like MMA and BJJ. So get high and work to improve yourself and stop whining about what everyone else is doing while they're high.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: Okla68

JBone65

Marijuana industry layoffs and cost-cutting likely to continue in 2023

The once high-flying marijuana industry is expected to endure more layoffs and pain in 2023 – and perhaps beyond – after a tough year marked by companies cutting hundreds of employees amid falling wholesale prices and slowing demand.
Some of this is inevitable. The "marijuana industry" in some portions of the US apparently was designed to generate huge profits for some folks, along with tax revenue for the public to share. Laws were written to "skip" competition and reach straight into the pockets of ig-nert stoners. Weed isn't that much harder to grow than tomatoes IMO. It shouldn't cost $40/g and armed guards shouldn't be needed. Stand up on your hind legs and resist! :leaf::goon:

Madtater

Marijuana industry layoffs and cost-cutting likely to continue in 2023

The once high-flying marijuana industry is expected to endure more layoffs and pain in 2023 – and perhaps beyond – after a tough year marked by companies cutting hundreds of employees amid falling wholesale prices and slowing demand.
Slowing demand?

I dont see that. Every time i go to the dispensary the lines are out the door. I actually started to order ahead so i dont have to wait.

I dont know…..i guess i am not seeing it.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Some of this is inevitable. The "marijuana industry" in some portions of the US apparently was designed to generate huge profits for some folks, along with tax revenue for the public to share. Laws were written to "skip" competition and reach straight into the pockets of ig-nert stoners. Weed isn't that much harder to grow than tomatoes IMO. It shouldn't cost $40/g and armed guards shouldn't be needed. Stand up on your hind legs and resist! :leaf::goon:

In a perfect world there wouldn't be people willing to kill for money, however in this world armed robbery is as common as the sniffles.

I live in a remote area and the closest town has a post office and a cemetery. It had a legal grow op but 2 guys from Florida drove up, robbed it and killed the proprietor a couple of years ago. The armed guards are needed.

Last edited:

Gunky

In a perfect world there wouldn't be people willing to kill for money, however in this world armed robbery is as common as the sniffles.

I live in a remote area and the closest town has a post office and a cemetery. It had a legal grow op but 2 guys from Florida drove up, robbed it and killed the proprietor a couple of years ago. The armed guards are needed.
Part of the problem is they can't bank like other industries so they have lots of cash around, as well as cannabis. It sucks but that's what we have now. Growing your own is a good way to reject all that.

Vaporware

I think the point was not that no one needs guards right now, but that we shouldn’t need guards.

If half the houses on your street are growing cannabis plants and you can grow your own or buy it cheap there’s not much incentive to drive from another state and murder someone over plants…

I do have some disagreements with @JBone65 about the likely future of the cannabis industry based on the way legalization has been handled and the way our systems work right now, but I 100% agree with him that we all have the right to grow and consume cannabis (or any plant we want in my opinion) and we should all be fighting for recognition of that right to do what we want to do with our own bodies and gardens.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Absolutely no chance of it passing. Scotus would laugh at this “law”. You cannot make a law taking away someone’s constitutional right. It does not matter if cannabis is involved or not.

Will be pure comedy gold to see people’s reactions though.
I think you are confused. This bill would restore the right to own a gun if you use legal cannabis. Right now it is prohibited.

florduh

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to have a concealed carry license AND a medical marijuana card in Florida. Although I don't know how it will work if/when we legalize constitutional carry/make FL a PvP zone (more so than it already is).

I'm honestly kind of surprised they're doing this. Fox News has been smoking on that "weed makes you into a violent murderer" pack for the past few years. And in my convos with white boomers, that message seems to be getting through. My 60 year old parents and their friends were pro-weed just 4-5 years ago. Now...they think it's causing a violent crime wave and turning kids gay.

Top Bottom