• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

checkyourlibido

The most common contaminants were E. coli and salmonella, which were detected in nine items, mostly loose flower and prerolled joints. State regulations prohibit cannabis products tainted by E. coli and salmonella from being sold to consumers. Both types of bacteria can cause infections that generally result in diarrhea, vomiting, fever and cramps. Severe cases can be life-threatening.
Well, every strange turd that's come out of me, I blame on my flower. I'm going to try doubling my kombucha intake lol

JBone65

The relatively new cannabis tax revenue streams exceed alcohol tax revenues in Colorado according to the National Institute of Health. Also, alcohol consumption is slowly declining.

Commentary: "The war on drugs" was really a war on weed IMO. All the while our federal government (legislative branch) was complicit (to some degree) in the explosion of dangerous narcotics, with stories of CIA involvement in the crack epidemic, allowing doctors and pill mills to prescribe opiates (heroin) and benzodiazepienes like candy while accepting huge bribes, etc. It's nice to see "society" moving in the right direction for once, although it might be too little too late.

florduh

hey mainly talk about oil pens here but if your vape uses an extremely hot piece of metal as a heat source it's worth thinking about also.

I don't know if we can draw analogies between high terp oil being directly in contact with metal and a steel heater in a convection herb vape.

Another thing I'm not sure these type of studies ever control for is 1)the quality of the actual oil before it's shot into carts and 2) how the oil is handled and transferred into the carts., i.e. using shitty syringes with low quality metal.

I've seen all ceramic carts test positive for low levels of heavy metals. That contamination didn't come from the cart hardware, since the oil isn't in contact with metal in those setups. It happened during the growing process, during extraction, or when the oil was transferred.

blackstone

I don't know if we can draw analogies between high terp oil being directly in contact with metal and a steel heater in a convection herb vape.

The metal in the heater of a Haze Square used to disintegrate and go away fairly quickly just from being heated and cooled, requiring regular replacement by the user. I assume it would have stayed where it was and remained in a more stable state if it had not been heated up so much.
Other longer lasting heaters or coils like this can also look quite nasty from what I've seen, and I'm not too sure I like the chemistry or metallurgy involved in keeping them more intact for longer.
Maybe worth a thought.
The article I posted mentions heat/cool cycles as being a possible factor and I know heat above certain temperatures accelerates oxidation in metals even in normal environments.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

How the plan to pass a weed package went awry​

Opposition from key Republicans, most notably Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, derailed hopes of attaching cannabis provisions to a must-pass defense spending bill.

Also, in response to JBone65's post above, which leads off with "Results suggest that alcohol and cannabis are not clearly substitutes nor complements to one another." I've been using both alone and together for more than fifty years. As long as the boozing isn't excessive, they go together like love and marriage or a horse and carriage! Nothing goes together better than a couple a tokes and a hoppy IPA. Plus, botanically and scientifically, hops and cannabis are each other's nearest relatives, being two of only three members of the Cannabacea family.

Last edited:

florduh

Opposition from key Republicans, most notably Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, derailed hopes of attaching cannabis provisions to a must-pass defense spending bill.

Of course Mitch can suck my dick from behind. But it's wild that he basically legalized weed nationwide by mistake with the Hemp Bill a few years back. And I'm not just talking about Delta-8.

There are motherfuckers out there selling "THCA Flower" that ships to all 50 States. And as we all know, when you apply heat that "A" disappears and you basically have dispensary weed. Haven't tried it myself but I've heard it's quite good.

JBone65

Of course Mitch can suck my dick from behind. But it's wild that he basically legalized weed nationwide by mistake with the Hemp Bill a few years back. And I'm not just talking about Delta-8.

There are motherfuckers out there selling "THCA Flower" that ships to all 50 States. And as we all know, when you apply heat that "A" disappears and you basically have dispensary weed. Haven't tried it myself but I've heard it's quite good.

How the plan to pass a weed package went awry​

Also, in response to JBone65's post above, which leads off with "Results suggest that alcohol and cannabis are not clearly substitutes nor complements to one another." I've been using both alone and together for more than fifty years. As long as the boozing isn't excessive, they go together like love and marriage or a horse and carriage! Nothing goes together better than a couple a tokes and a hoppy IPA. Plus, botanically and scientifically, hops and cannabis are each other's nearest relatives, being two of only three members of the Cannabacea family.
Agreed. It doesn't take much to "ring my bell" but a quart of Coors and a joint always got the job done.

I think the article is referring to a definite decline in alcohol sales in Colorado since legalization.

Still, there must be others like me that have gradually stopped drinking since legalization. The down side is that I'm overly dependent on weed (and lovin' it).:tup:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
A report from a medical cannabis trade group found contaminants such as E. coli and salmonella in some products purchased at unlicensed dispensaries.

Yeah that is so believable. Fuck those "trade group" mafias!!!!
The " Medical cannabis trade" is a scam run by investors with zero connection to the plant or human health or human integrity. This is what decriminalisation looks like under the same criminal regimes that not so long ago used to destroy people's lives over a plant.

JBone65

There's nothing sketchy about this local "news" story, nothing to be concerned about, everything is under control.....
Edit: The are 7167 growers in Oklahoma, most haven't been vetted. The 1669 licensed caregivers can also grow quite a bit more than a standard license holder, who can grow up to 6 plants.
Screenshot-20221212-074300.png

Last edited:

Dustin McKief

Prices are still dropping in the USA due to a number of factors (overproduction and excellent growing conditions for outdoor producers). Some growers have already begun to decrease production and to push legislators to limit licenses to help their cause. From the most recent U.S. Cannabis Spot Index:

Regional cannabis markets appear to be undergoing disorderly price adjustments that are likely to become permanent. That is, cannabis prices appear to be adjusting toward equilibrium without brakes of any sort. This suggests permanently lower prices are likely to develop first regionally, then nationwide. So what happened in Rhode Island over the past few weeks – a nearly 33% downside price adjustment – is likely to happen in other new, contiguous states to a greater or lesser degree, but in the same direction.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Prices are still dropping in the USA due to a number of factors (overproduction and excellent growing conditions for outdoor producers). Some growers have already begun to decrease production and to push legislators to limit licenses to help their cause. From the most recent U.S. Cannabis Spot Index:
It can't happen soon enough around here. Dispensaries are still robbing us and driving us to the black market. If they would lower their prices by a third they would easily double their sales volume at least...

Madtater

It can't happen soon enough around here. Dispensaries are still robbing us and driving us to the black market. If they would lower their prices by a third they would easily double their sales volume at least...
It isnt the dispensary that’s robbing us, it’s the government.

$40 for an 1/8 of decent stuff isnt terrible, but the 25% excise tax and 6% sales tax, and 3% cannabis town tax is what is killing us here on the border (northern CT) of mass.

I am glad it is legal, but the government is taxing the shit out of it.

Cant wait to start growing😂

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
In Florida the prices have gotten to where you can find $20 8ths with reasonable specs at many dispos as a standard offering. The holiday season is a help also as some 8ths are coming in between $12 and $15 but the $12 are hit and miss.

Concentrates aren't being left out either. Its not hard to find non-live 1g offers around $35 and today there are holiday offers at $22.75. Some Live offerings at 1g for $40.

Dist Carts can be found for .5g $17.50 to $20 and 1g carts around $35.

Standard edibles can be found for $12.50 a pack 100mg and today there are some for $10.

Supply and demand.......I track 14 dispos daily and many are right next to each other so sometimes I pick up flower at one place, edibles and carts at another.

JBone65

It isnt the dispensary that’s robbing us, it’s the government.

$40 for an 1/8 of decent stuff isnt terrible, but the 25% excise tax and 6% sales tax, and 3% cannabis town tax is what is killing us here on the border (northern CT) of mass.

I am glad it is legal, but the government is taxing the shit out of it.

Cant wait to start growing😂
$40 per 1/8th seems high to me.

IMO legislation that prevents healthy competition is usually designed to force consumers to pay premiums to private individuals.

At least there is a public benefit to high tax rates, but they're also worse when the price is artificially high.

Despite the wonderful low prices, OK went too far by handing out grower licenses to anyone with a $250 check. I don't recommend that.

I'm guessing some states found the right answer with a balanced approach that fosters industry health and jobs, but also direct competition for consumers instead of attempting to maximize revenue per unit volume, which pushes everyone toward the black market.

You have to wonder how much more legal weed and how much less black market weed would be sold in various markets if it were just made legal nationwide. The FU local markets would prolly go away.

Sorry for the long post.:rant:

Madtater

$40 per 1/8th seems high to me.

IMO legislation that prevents healthy competition is usually designed to force consumers to pay premiums to private individuals.

At least there is a public benefit to high tax rates, but they're also worse when the price is artificially high.

Despite the wonderful low prices, OK went too far by handing out grower licenses to anyone with a $250 check. I don't recommend that.

I'm guessing some states found the right answer with a balanced approach that fosters industry health and jobs, but also direct competition for consumers instead of attempting to maximize revenue per unit volume, which pushes everyone toward the black market.

You have to wonder how much more legal weed and how much less black market weed would be sold in various markets if it were just made legal nationwide. The FU local markets would prolly go away.

Sorry for the long post.:rant:
Hasnt been legal out here for very long. I would imagine once CT dispensaries open up 1/10/23, mass will see a large decline in sales. That may drop prices a bit.

Unfortunately, $40 an 1/8 is pretty common over here unless you find sales. I recently got a 1/4 of apple fritter for $42, but still….add the 30% total tax to that and you’re looking at $54ish. That is a bit disgusting.

Honestly, it wont get any better. Soon as the government saw colorado and seattle, saw how much money they were making in tax revenue, dollar signs popped into their heads and they got greedy. I am sure some pockets are getting greased. The fact that schumerforbrains is attempting to pass the bank legislation means that it Will benefit them in some way.

I dont put anything past the government when it comes to taxes……greedy bastards all of them!

florduh

American Government, even the Libs, is and has always been fundamentally conservative. We were literally founded by religious extremists. Puritans and Calvinists. So even when they give a little and legalize cannabis, they still need to make it known that consuming is a "sin". We need an extra tax to punish said "sin".

There was no clearer example of this than at the beginning of the Joe Brandon Administration. They ran on legalizing or at least decriminalizing. They also told the incoming class of young White House employees and interns that a history of cannabis use wouldn't prevent them from serving in government.

Except when push came to shove, they did fire a number of these young cannabis users. They literally destroyed their dreams of working in government. And yes, it's hard to call a Lib Administration a group of religious extremists. But it's all part of this Calvinist work ethic bullshit our nation was founded on. These people hate weed because they believe it reduces worker productivity by x%. And we can't have that. Every waking hour needs to be "productive" and consumed by some work twitch.

The only taxes cannabis consumers should be subject to is the local sales tax. If States really feel they need to raise revenue, go get it from rich cunts who make their money by underpaying workers and overcharging customers. Not regular people looking for a safe alternative to booze and pharmaceuticals.

Especially in States like CT and IL. Lots of rich scumbags there if they need someone to tax.

Madtater

American Government, even the Libs, is and has always been fundamentally conservative. We were literally founded by religious extremists. Puritans and Calvinists. So even when they give a little and legalize cannabis, they still need to make it known that consuming is a "sin". We need an extra tax to punish said "sin".

There was no clearer example of this than at the beginning of the Joe Brandon Administration. They ran on legalizing or at least decriminalizing. They also told the incoming class of young White House employees and interns that a history of cannabis use wouldn't prevent them from serving in government.

Except when push came to shove, they did fire a number of these young cannabis users. They literally destroyed their dreams of working in government. And yes, it's hard to call a Lib Administration a group of religious extremists. But it's all part of this Calvinist work ethic bullshit our nation was founded on. These people hate weed because they believe it reduces worker productivity by x%. And we can't have that. Every waking hour needs to be "productive" and consumed by some work twitch.

The only taxes cannabis consumers should be subject to is the local sales tax. If States really feel they need to raise revenue, go get it from rich cunts who make their money by underpaying workers and overcharging customers. Not regular people looking for a safe alternative to booze and pharmaceuticals.

Especially in States like CT and IL. Lots of rich scumbags there if they need someone to tax.
Very well said.

“These people hate weed because they believe it reduces worker productivity by x%.”

I chalk that statement up to either ignorance or willful idiocy on those who believe that. There is nothing better to prove that statement wrong than not wanting to clean the house, taking a nice couple hits of a strong sativa, than ripping through your house cleaning like I’m possessed.

Nothing angers me more than to see people push a narrative on cannabis and how it makes you feel, or what it’s effects are, when they have never indulged. That’s like me telling a pilot or a nuclear physicist they’re doing it wrong when i have zero idea how to fly or what the heck a no problem does…..but that is another discussion and this is not the place 😉

Top Bottom