Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Though this study's focus is on sufferers from rheumatoid arthritis, the results are very impressive and probably applicable to many who suffer from a wide variety of painful conditions. Cannabis use also has a near amazing impact on patients need for more traditional pain medicines with all their side effects. This study should have a far reaching impact on treatment of pain everywhere on the planet. Cannabis works! I'm one of those who lives with daily and nightly pain. I used to eat ibuprofen by the 500 tab bottle and my bathroom is lined with heating pads and packs and ice packs. Through exercise and cannabis, I have cut my ibuprofen intake by like 95% and now rarely need the ice or heat to manage my pain.

""The results also show substantial medication substitution across prescription drug classes related to medical cannabis use, with 51.9% discontinuing opioids, 64% discontinuing SNRIs, 68% discontinuing SSRIs, 67.3% discontinuing gabapentinoids, and 69.4% discontinuing sleeping pills.

“High symptom burden is likely a driver for MC use by persons with both inflammatory and non-inflammatory rheumatic conditions,” the authors wrote. “The substantial symptom relief and reported reduction or discontinuation of prescribed symptomatic treatments warrants formal study.”"

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I am pretty worried that whatever they do, it will kill craft cannabis. I would be ecstatic to be wrong and see them support small farms and businesses. But it will for sure help the MSOs.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

This bill, the first pro MJ bill to pass both houses, allows more research into medical marijuana and allows doctors to discuss the potential benefits of medical weed with their patients without placing the doctors at risk of breaking the law.

JBone65

This bill, the first pro MJ bill to pass both houses, allows more research into medical marijuana and allows doctors to discuss the potential benefits of medical weed with their patients without placing the doctors at risk of breaking the law.
I'm skeptical. Guessing this means that doctors will be "free" and positioned to prescribe big pharma's approved cannabis products as they come available. At least mom and pop craft outfits will be free to conduct important research....

If the standard of care act were to also be repealed, and big pharma's grip could be broken, all doctors would be free to offer general health advice and would have the full range of medical options to consider instead of the current requirement to treat symptoms with approved pharmaceuticals according to a restrictive flow chart.

This also frees up the banking industry to capitalize. That will help the banking industry, but should also be a huge help for all cannabis companies.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Dustin McKief

I'm skeptical. Guessing this means that doctors will be "free" and positioned to prescribe big pharma's approved cannabis products as they come available. At least mom and pop craft outfits will be free to conduct important research....

If the standard of care act were to also be repealed, and big pharma's grip could be broken, all doctors would be free to offer general health advice and would have the full range of medical options to consider instead of the current requirement to treat symptoms with approved pharmaceuticals according to a restrictive flow chart.

This also frees up the banking industry to capitalize. That will help the banking industry, but should also be a huge help for all cannabis companies.
Here's the Act's text.

Based on my understanding, it doesn't seem to restrict doctors from only prescribing approved products. I don't see anything about banking in there either.

I think this will be a step in the right direction in that it will greatly increase much needed research. Prior to this, the bureaucratic burden to conduct research was very high and, even if approved, they could only use cannabis grown at the University of Mississippi which is out of step with what is available.

I don't want to get too far ahead, but I'm hopeful that this is the first step toward cannabis being removed from DEA Schedule I once it's shown to have medical uses and a very low potential for abuse.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

The Senate and House are trying to get something done before cannabis-legalization-opposing Republicans take over the House in January. There are multiple "paired" bills, some supported by members of both parties in the Senate, that together with the proposed SAFE Banking Act would also open up cannabis for medical research and possibly expunge previous mj convictions nationally.

How New York City Became a Free-for-All of Unlicensed Weed​

Shops selling weed have proliferated since the state legalized cannabis last year, thriving in confusion over their legality and a lack of enforcement.

Too much MJ news this morning!:)

Marijuana Majority​

Americans support marijuana legalization, but many of their political leaders do not.

Last edited:

Dustin McKief

And this is the problem. I support certain ideals from both parties. But why tf doesn't either party seem to ever make real progress when they have the numbers?

Why are so many natural things i.e. cannabis still illegal? It doesn't make any sense.
It's not just cannabis where legislators are out of step with public opinion. IMO, it boils down to who actually votes and who has access to Congress. Right now, the cannabis corporation PACs & SIGs are in the driver's seat. They want to make sure that Congress writes the laws in such a way that their monopoly will thrive. They're really motivated to act right now before the mid-term House winners take office. I'm sure that John Boehner, who was anti-cannabis as a legislator but is now pro-cannabis since he works for and profits from one of the corporations, has been helping them draft the legislation.

Then we have the theocratic states (bible belt and the Mormon region within UT, ID & WY). I think it will take a full on recession before some of those states will 'see the light' of legalization to fund their conservative agendas. One of the many ironies is that these regions contain the highest density of self-labeled 'Libertarians', yet fully support gubmint intervention.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

'It feels surreal': New Yorkers with pot convictions prepare to launch state's first legal sales​

The regulations look to get right what other states that legalized marijuana may have failed: making sure underserved communities and minority businesses benefit from the industry.

1973PortlandToker

3743-q07-U-marijuanalegalizationballots.webp

Them thar pot smokin' ARkansans bettuh pick up and move to ARKansas which has a better chance of making pot smokin' hippies legal than retARdans too brain damaged Jethro sippin' whiskey from thar neighbor's copper still.

1973PortlandToker,

Summer

Long Island, NY
^^ Didn't realize you are one of the Elite class looking down on voters who have every right to vote the way they choose in THEIR state.

Summer,

JBone65

It turns out cannabis is rich in beneficial compounds besides terpenes and THC, more than 20 flavonoids have been identified in cannabis sativa, supposedly not psychoactive yet contributing to the entourage effect. Up to 10% of the cannabis plant compounds are flavonoids, with almost 3% by weight in dried leaves and buds. The most common are flavone (apigenin and luteolin) and flavonol (kaempferol and quercetin) aglycones and glycosides.

Top Bottom