• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Well, at the risk of getting myself thrown off here I'm going to say something. It is fashionable nowadays to put down partisanship. Avoid one side or the other, we are told. The problem with that is: if you are here reading this, you are a cannabis activist. If you are reading this you are very likely engaged in partisan activities designed to legalize cannabis. You are not neutral on the issue. You are not straddling the fence. You have plunked in a fairly big way for one side and that is the side of liberalizing restrictions, overturning current federal and state cannabis prohibitions, ending the locking up of cannabis users, traders and growers, and letting those people already locked up out of prison.

You are (deliberateliy in my opinion) ignoring the well understood concept that partisan politics refers to those who demonstrate blind loyalty to a party with prejudice and without reasoning. Look it up if you don't understand this.

I warned you not to post along these lines again. You didn't get a warning point the first time but this time you do. You aren't banned but you are taking a 15 day vacation.

pakalolo,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Really well-written article about the big weed growers. I actually learned stuff!

From the article: "Arguably the biggest barrier to making money is the sky-high taxes weed companies pay because they’re treated like illegal narcotics traffickers under the federal tax code. The goods also cannot cross state lines, and that lack of interstate commerce means companies must build separate farms, factories and stores in each state where they do business and navigate a rapidly evolving patchwork of state regulations. Finally, raising capital is extremely expensive due to a dearth of financing options, an issue both Republicans and Democrats in Congress recognize but have yet to address."

Last edited:

JBone65

Hmmm.... Interesting.

Really well-written article about the big weed growers. I actually learned stuff!
I'm glad competition is gradually bringing the price down in some areas. I don't think something you can grow in your yard should be so expensive.

Scott's Miracle Grow made $5B last year. That sounds like the same story as when outfitters, general store owners and saloon owners earned a lot more than the average gold miner. Then there's the story about how giant beef processors earn big bucks while ranchers are all suffering.

Last edited:

florduh

Hmmm.... Interesting.

This is another example of why it would be pretty easy for a certain political party to push through legalization if they really wanted to. Your opponents start saying silly bullshit like "BUT THE CHILDREN" or "FENTANYL", and you can turn around and call them Big Pharma shills. That's why they're embarrassing themselves in public with prohibitionist talking points everyone knows are nonsense. Because legalization threatens their Sugar Daddies' bottom line. I think that message would resonate with voters.

Of course, Big Pharma's bottom line hurting is also precisely why there isn't a serious push for legalization from anyone with real power.

florduh

A surprisingly good article. It's written by a NORML guy, but still. Lots of Washington politics ghouls read that site.

Can someone set my mind at ease though. There's not a real chance The Karens will get concentrates banned, is there? Or put THC limits on flower? I feel like the cat is out of the bag, but shit can always backslide.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Can someone set my mind at ease though. There's not a real chance The Karens will get concentrates banned, is there? Or put THC limits on flower? I feel like the cat is out of the bag, but shit can always backslide.

As much as I'd like to say not to worry, nothing would surprise me.
Hell, a US civil war in the near future would not surprise me.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Beware of Hemp Granola

The US Military hasn't put a W up on the board since about 1945. I don't think it's the CBD.

florduh

Cali just made it illegal, with some exceptions, for employers to discriminate against employees who use cannabis during non-working hours. Frankly, if you live in one of the 43 States who still allow employers to fire employees who choose to consume cannabis at home, your government has failed you. What you do on your off time has never been any of their fuckin business.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Vaporware

It’s a good thing alcohol doesn’t make anyone more violent or we’d really be in trouble!

drunk easy a GIF

Comedy Reaction GIF by The Tenderloins

florduh

It sounds stupid. But they may have a point. Reading that fucking article sort of made me want to ------REDACTED----- this government and build a ******tine on the National Mall.

So glad we get to pick between two prohibitionist Parties every election! We love democracy, don't we folks?

d08a3blfpbz41.png

Vaporware

Columbia’s new president gave a speech at the UN and called for an end to the War on Drugs. He wants to legalize cannabis and maybe even export it to other countries where it’s legal.

Whether or not you agree with all of his ideas, I think the full text of the speech is worth reading. It’s a perspective we need to understand.

There’s also an English dub of the speech if you’d prefer to listen, and the original Spanish version is easy to find from there.

florduh

Columbia’s new president gave a speech at the UN and called for an end to the War on Drugs. He wants to legalize cannabis and maybe even export it to other countries where it’s legal.

Whether or not you agree with all of his ideas, I think the full text of the speech is worth reading. It’s a perspective we need to understand.

There’s also an English dub of the speech if you’d prefer to listen, and the original Spanish version is easy to find from there.

I got drawn in by the transcript. The translation isn't perfect but it's still poetic. I'd give my left nut for a President who was like 10% as cool as this guy. Petro is what the kids today would call "based".

I will say, this is a great example of the decline of the American Empire. 60 years ago the Dulles Brothers would've had this guy assassinated. Now he's allowed to address the UN, smh.

Whether or not you agree with all of his ideas,

He's just speaking the unvarnished truth directly to the people most responsible for the sorry state of our world. But yes, I imagine most Americans would take issue with a lot of what he has to say. Because most Americans prefer to indulge in fantasy than to face obvious truths.

Petro points out that addiction to hard drugs like cocaine is merely a symptom of the deranging society and hopeless situation our leaders have created for a huge percentage of Americans. But instead of correcting the problems that lead to addiction, we declare war on places like Columbia. Murdering millions of them directly with bullets, or indirectly by spraying poison all over their jungles.

We serve them only to fill the emptiness and loneliness of their own society that leads them to live in the midst of drug bubbles. We hide from them their problems that they refuse to reform. It is better to declare war on the jungle, on its plants, on its people. While they let the forests burn, while hypocrites chase the plants with poisons to hide the disasters of their own society, they ask us for more and more coal, more and more oil, to calm the other addiction: that of consumption, of power, of money.

I'm sure he was already on their radar. But this speech has almost certainly caused the Eye of Sauron in Langley to turn south. Some sort of coup is in Petro's future. He's messing with the primal forces of nature, and sadly he will need to atone.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Its not all bad folks.....The pricing trend in Florida for flower is downward and 8ths for $20 are becoming pretty common. I can remember not long ago when I got something decent for $33 on sale and thought I hit the jackpot.

I recently went to the dispensary to stock up on some edibles ($10 for a pack of 100mg) for the impending hurricane and got as giddy as a school girl because THEY HAD A DRIVE-THROUGH. We're becoming as common as a Burger King!!

florduh

Its not all bad folks.....The pricing trend in Florida for flower is downward and 8ths for $20 are becoming pretty common. I can remember not long ago when I got something decent for $33 on sale and thought I hit the jackpot.

I recently went to the dispensary to stock up on some edibles ($10 for a pack of 100mg) for the impending hurricane and got as giddy as a school girl because THEY HAD A DRIVE-THROUGH. We're becoming as common as a Burger King!!

I'll be back for a bit in month or so. That's awesome! But Tell Ronnie I want to see some $30- $40 hash rosin grams too.

I was in CO and CA over the past few months, and it crossed my mind that one of the best parts about living in the US is the easy access to good legal weed products. You know they make cannabis bevy's that hit as fast as vaping these days? What a time to be alive.

So yes, one of the best parts about living in the Imperial Core is easy access to fun and tasty treats. Plus living in America is the only surefire way to ensure you'll never be bombed by America. So I'm going down with the ship!

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

Vaporware

I got drawn in by the transcript. The translation isn't perfect but it's still poetic. I'd give my left nut for a President who was like 10% as cool as this guy. Petro is what the kids today would call "based".

I will say, this is a great example of the decline of the American Empire. 60 years ago the Dulles Brothers would've had this guy assassinated. Now he's allowed to address the UN, smh.

He's just speaking the unvarnished truth directly to the people most responsible for the sorry state of our world. But yes, I imagine most Americans would take issue with a lot of what he has to say. Because most Americans prefer to indulge in fantasy than to face obvious truths.

Petro points out that addiction to hard drugs like cocaine is merely a symptom of the deranging society and hopeless situation our leaders have created for a huge percentage of Americans. But instead of correcting the problems that lead to addiction, we declare war on places like Columbia. Murdering millions of them directly with bullets, or indirectly by spraying poison all over their jungles.

I'm sure he was already on their radar. But this speech has almost certainly caused the Eye of Sauron in Langley to turn south. Some sort of coup is in Petro's future. He's messing with the primal forces of nature, and sadly he will need to atone.

I completely agree man, that’s why I hope people will read it even if they don’t share his politics beyond cannabis policy. To me it just seems like truths that we should know but rarely hear because of all of those coups, etc.

It’s hard to beat a lifetime of propaganda though, so I know not everyone will recognize all of the truths in it at first. If they’re at least willing to listen and consider what he’s saying, I think that’s an important step toward finally addressing these problems. :peace:

florduh

It’s hard to beat a lifetime of propaganda

We're on a cannabis forum. Surely everyone has talked to someone with idiotic ideas about weed. In almost every case, those idiotic ideas were directly placed in that person's brain by Pharma or the Alcohol lobby through their partners in the media. And if you go back far enough, dumbass prohibitionist arguments all stem from William Randolph Hearst not wanting his paper mills competing with hemp.

It's occurred to me over the past few years that Americans are as propagandized as any citizen of the Soviet Union ever was. Maybe more, I'm sure there were plenty of Soviets who sort of knew deep down the info they were getting was bullshit, given that it all came from the government. But here we all think we're "free thinkers" because we chose our favorite news source.

Except every single one of these news outfits are owned or funded by a small handful of billionaire ghouls. And of course they're going use their media operations to place the ideas they want people to have directly into their heads. This isn't functionally different than what the Soviet Central Committee was up to. And it's way more effective because it gives us the illusion of freedumb.

Top Bottom