Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Hurricane Ian forces Florida marijuana companies to close as operators assess fallout

ian_cannabis.webp

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Trulieve employee died from ‘hazards of ground cannabis dust,’ OSHA report says

Last edited:

florduh

Don;t these fucks have anything better to do? Kentucky has a higher murder rate than New York, California, and Florida.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Statement from President Biden on Marijuana Reform
October 06, 2022
• Statements and Releases

As I often said during my campaign for President, no one should be in jail just for using or possessing marijuana. Sending people to prison for possessing marijuana has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit. Criminal records for marijuana possession have also imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities. And while white and Black and brown people use marijuana at similar rates, Black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates.

Today, I am announcing three steps that I am taking to end this failed approach.

First, I am announcing a pardon of all prior Federal offenses of simple possession of marijuana. I have directed the Attorney General to develop an administrative process for the issuance of certificates of pardon to eligible individuals. There are thousands of people who have prior Federal convictions for marijuana possession, who may be denied employment, housing, or educational opportunities as a result. My action will help relieve the collateral consequences arising from these convictions.

Second, I am urging all Governors to do the same with regard to state offenses. Just as no one should be in a Federal prison solely due to the possession of marijuana, no one should be in a local jail or state prison for that reason, either.

Third, I am asking the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General to initiate the administrative process to review expeditiously how marijuana is scheduled under federal law. Federal law currently classifies marijuana in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, the classification meant for the most dangerous substances. This is the same schedule as for heroin and LSD, and even higher than the classification of fentanyl and methamphetamine – the drugs that are driving our overdose epidemic.

Finally, even as federal and state regulation of marijuana changes, important limitations on trafficking, marketing, and under-age sales should stay in place.

Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana. It’s time that we right these wrongs.

florduh

Statement from President Biden on Marijuana Reform
October 06, 2022
• Statements and Releases

As I often said during my campaign for President, no one should be in jail just for using or possessing marijuana. Sending people to prison for possessing marijuana has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit. Criminal records for marijuana possession have also imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities. And while white and Black and brown people use marijuana at similar rates, Black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates.

Today, I am announcing three steps that I am taking to end this failed approach.

First, I am announcing a pardon of all prior Federal offenses of simple possession of marijuana. I have directed the Attorney General to develop an administrative process for the issuance of certificates of pardon to eligible individuals. There are thousands of people who have prior Federal convictions for marijuana possession, who may be denied employment, housing, or educational opportunities as a result. My action will help relieve the collateral consequences arising from these convictions.

Second, I am urging all Governors to do the same with regard to state offenses. Just as no one should be in a Federal prison solely due to the possession of marijuana, no one should be in a local jail or state prison for that reason, either.

Third, I am asking the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General to initiate the administrative process to review expeditiously how marijuana is scheduled under federal law. Federal law currently classifies marijuana in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, the classification meant for the most dangerous substances. This is the same schedule as for heroin and LSD, and even higher than the classification of fentanyl and methamphetamine – the drugs that are driving our overdose epidemic.

Finally, even as federal and state regulation of marijuana changes, important limitations on trafficking, marketing, and under-age sales should stay in place.

Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana. It’s time that we right these wrongs.

Hey, I'll take it!

If Joe Brandon finally stops fucking around and just decriminalizes cannabis, he'll become the best President of my lifetime by default. That's how low the fucking bar is.
FeaLbNEVUAA43eL

No more malarkey! Do the right thing!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Because of Hunter's drug addiction I never expected President Biden to be able to get past that old school view he had. I have to say I am impressed. And I think it will be helpful for the midterms as well as his reelection in 24.

florduh

Because of Hunter's drug addiction I never expected President Biden to be able to get past that old school view he had.

He was also saying stupid shit in the 90's like "let's have tanks bulldoze every 'crack house'".

But he explicitly promised to decriminalize cannabis on the campaign trail. It's on video, multiple times. This is why while decriminalizing would make him the best President I've seen, it's only because the bar is so low no one really expects politicians to make good on their promises.

And this is still being slow rolled. He could've signed a memo on his first day in office. This takes almost no time. Today's announcement is better than nothing but I wish he just would've said..

"Listen Jack! The jazz cigarettes! We can't be lockin people up for them anymore. Used to play pool with a guy in Scranton. We called him Smokey Pete. Man, Pete could dance. He'd take a drag off of those jazz cigarettes out back. He'd come in smellin like a dog faced skunk. But you're tellin me Smokey Pete belongs in a cage?! C'mon mannnn"

Let's Go REDACTED! Unironically. Hurry up.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I doubt it. It would be nice and it may happen eventually, but I don't think we will have that much change all at once. It will be more gradual. Even if it were taken off the schedule completely, some states will resist full legality. I would have expected OK to be one of those states, but they fooled us all by becoming the most liberal of all states in their cannabis embrace.

Last edited:

florduh

I'd imagine most cannabis arrests are at the State level. There will be plenty of States that won't get with the program. Their cops like the easy revenue from cannabis busts rather than solving real crime, like the Kentucky story above.

But allowing banking and interstate commerce would be huge.

Someone needs to send the Admin a copy of the Shafer Commission report though. We don't need another study on what to do. The government already determined the smartest course of action was decriminalization, like 15-20 years before I was born.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My state, Illinois, legalized with legislation. The week it took effect our Governor pardoned around 11000 low level cannabis convictions. A year later he announced that there had been nearly 500,000 expungements and pardons in the state.

Good to see there will be a federal effort to do the same.

florduh

Haven't paid much attention to the fake news media over the past couple weeks. So this whole thing caught me totally by surprise. When I clicked on that Fox article though, a video auto-played about "marijuana induced psychosis". There's also a video embed about "Rainbow Laced Fentanyl Warnings Ahead of Halloween".

So this might be a pop an edible and watch prime time Fox kind of night. If I get psychosis, it won't be from the weed. But if I can keep the machine elves at bay, I'm looking at several hours of top tier free entertainment.

1583270239327_a1tuckerwide.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't have the stomach anymore to watch Fox News But from the page shown I would guess that what they're talking about is a program similar to what Illinois did. I don't know how successful it has been, I have heard that it hasn't been very (yet), but the intention was to make it easier for people who had been damaged by the war on drugs to get licenses and get into the business of growing and selling cannabis legally. While it will take more support from agencies or the business community than it/they are likely willing to give, it isn't a bad idea in principle. I just don't know how well it will/can work in real life. Just because people may have been successful selling smoke on the street doesn't mean they have the skills necessary to successfully operate a business.

cybrguy,

florduh

I don't have the stomach anymore to watch Fox News But from the page shown I would guess that what they're talking about is a program similar to what Illinois did. I don't know how successful it has been, I have heard that it hasn't been very (yet), but the intention was to make it easier for people who had been damaged by the war on drugs to get licenses and get into the business of growing and selling cannabis legally. While it will take more support from agencies or the business community than it/they are likely willing to give, it isn't a bad idea in principle. I just don't know how well it will/can work in real life. Just because people may have been successful selling smoke on the street doesn't mean they have the skills necessary to successfully operate a business.

Yeah, if we had functional governments in this country it would be a great idea. Black people were disproportionately fucked by prohibition. That Nixon aide literally said one of the reasons they ignored the Shafer Commission was specifically so they could put more black people in jail. Yikes

But since we don't have functional governments in this country, these programs probably lead to various grifts and grafts. Like 'ol Billy Burr likes to say, we don't have "public servants" in politics. Only private servants serving a tiny number of rich people.

Also I'm sure that's an old screen cap from Fox. I don't think any of the fake news channels are beating up on poor ol Bernie anymore. His threat has been neutralized. It'll just be neoliberals with different colored hats from now until the oceans boil over.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It would be great to be able to mail it legally, and travel with cannabis on planes. I would love to order it online and have it shipped to my house.

Reading that article, I didn't get the feeling like this reschedule thing was going to have a fast timeline. :disgust:

Gunky

There was some coverage of this on PBS News Hour today (you can find it here on youtube). One interesting thing that was mentioned: apparently the next big thing in the works is pardons for all those non-violent convictions on cannabis dealing, such as state legal dispensary owners raided by the feds who are still languishing in jail. That would be a much bigger impact than what happened today (which was a good thing, for sure).

florduh

Can I fly with CBD?​

As long as your CBD product contains no more than 0.3 percent THC, or is approved by the Food and Drug Administration, you can bring it on a flight.

This is the most relevant part of the article. Carry whatever you want in a CBD product package. Is TSA going to whip out lab coats and test tubes to make sure your shit only contains 0.3% THC with a thousand people in line? C'mon, mannnn.

Shit like this and cops still busting people for weed remind me of those marooned Japanese soldiers they'd find in the 60's, still fighting for the Emperor. The War on Drugs is over, dummies. Drugs won. Time to do something useful with your time.

Top Bottom