Cannabis News

florduh

I guess this is better than using spit or piss. But are marijuana related traffic incidents really a problem, or is this just another corpo cash grab? There was a legitimate reason to crack down on drunk driving, for example...

Drink-driving-accidents-a-001.jpg

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
But are marijuana related traffic incidents really a problem, or is this just another corpo cash grab?
On an overall basis I don't think its a huge problem especially compared to alcohol BUT on a singular basis .... it depends on the person. Some folks have a high tolerance and decades of experience with cannabis and then there's my nephew....... Problem is you can't just test my nephew.....

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I guess this is better than using spit or piss. But are marijuana related traffic incidents really a problem, or is this just another corpo cash grab?
You don't really think there is any chance that as soon as they can reliably determine someone has recently consumed cannabis they won't start tagging people for cannabis DUI? Come on, this is a goldmine for local communities and lawyers. Just like legal cannabis sales.

florduh

On an overall basis I don't think its a huge problem especially compared to alcohol BUT on a singular basis .... it depends on the person. Some folks have a high tolerance and decades of experience with cannabis and then there's my nephew....... Problem is you can't just test my nephew.....

Yeah, there's for sure people who can't handle their shit. But I'd just like to see evidence on a population level that this is a problem that needs to be solved like it was with alcohol pre-DUI Laws.

I guess there's no way to tell for sure since we don't have an instant test like we do for booze.

You don't really think there is any chance that as soon as they can reliably determine someone has recently consumed cannabis they won't start tagging people for cannabis DUI? Come on, this is a goldmine for local communities and lawyers. Just like legal cannabis sales.

LOL oh I know they're all happy.

I haven't really had to drive much in the last 5-6 months. Gotta say, being able to take a little hit when I'm out and about without worrying about overdoing it has been delightful. Wish we had better public transit in this country.

florduh

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
merlin_214726620_7c371eba-8cdd-4b58-99d5-caddd0716620-jumbo.jpg

This is what you see when you're about to spend $65 (before tax) on an eighth.
Here's my now published comment in the NYT:

Long time discriminating and aesthetic-oriented consumer here. Living in "not illegal" New Hampshire I have shopped half a dozen stores in Massachusetts and more than that in Maine. Having a second home in northern Atlantic Canada, I've also shopped government stores in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and merchant shops in Newfoundland. Some of these shops are woodsy, others are high tech, some bright, others with muted light. I don't care.

What I do care about is viewing a menu before hand so I will know THC levels, whether sativa or indica or hybrid, organic or not, locally grown or processed, women or minority owned, experience of the owners, etc. Is there a really good selection of products and are the products fresh. Do they grow their own, do they process their own, or is it simply a retail operation. Finally, how knowledgeable are the budtenders.

Though I'm quite interested in design, including retail design, quality and selection matter infinitely more than the appearance of the dispensary. Perhaps at the margins new users and casual users will be influenced to make choices by the interior aesthetic, but for most users are far more interested in what will happen inside their heads than the inside of the store.

florduh

Here's my now published comment in the NYT:

Long time discriminating and aesthetic-oriented consumer here. Living in "not illegal" New Hampshire I have shopped half a dozen stores in Massachusetts and more than that in Maine. Having a second home in northern Atlantic Canada, I've also shopped government stores in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and merchant shops in Newfoundland. Some of these shops are woodsy, others are high tech, some bright, others with muted light. I don't care.

What I do care about is viewing a menu before hand so I will know THC levels, whether sativa or indica or hybrid, organic or not, locally grown or processed, women or minority owned, experience of the owners, etc. Is there a really good selection of products and are the products fresh. Do they grow their own, do they process their own, or is it simply a retail operation. Finally, how knowledgeable are the budtenders.

Though I'm quite interested in design, including retail design, quality and selection matter infinitely more than the appearance of the dispensary. Perhaps at the margins new users and casual users will be influenced to make choices by the interior aesthetic, but for most users are far more interested in what will happen inside their heads than the inside of the store.

Cosign all of this. I do like nicely designed dispensaries. Man I used to shop at some fucking shitholes back in the Cali Prop 215 days. But I also know that if I step into a shop that looks like some kind of Space Cathedral, the owners are gonna need to pay for it somehow. Namely by overcharging me and underpaying their employees.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
For me, my best shopping experiences were in Oregon when they opened the jars and encouraged me to look at and smell everything.

We had that in California for 20 years, until Recreational killed it under the guise of "childproof packaging"
Now we have patients who can't open the jars and actually have to ask their kids for assistance. :whoa:

florduh

If you know, you know! :rofl:

One of the funniest ones I ever visited kept the buds in plastic tupperware containers :rofl:

215 was great, my buddy did a delivery once and the guy comes to the door in full nurse's scrubs :lmao:

Oh I'm not hatin on Prop 215! I was just talking specifically about the actual physical stores. My impression in LA was there were like no regulations on dispos back then. Can you get a lease for some retail space? Congrats, you're a dispensary owner!

The actual product and budtenders were great! That's why I kept going back to those shitholes! And either no tax or just simple sales tax! And yeah they'd let you look at the bud with chopsticks!

I feel like the med card itself was like $30 if I'm recalling correctly. It's like 10 times as much in FL these days.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
We had that in California for 20 years, until Recreational killed it under the guise of "childproof packaging"
Now we have patients who can't open the jars and actually have to ask their kids for assistance. :whoa:
Yep, when we went full rec that was one of the changes. And homegrow was also mostly killed.

I have noticed that my beers still aren't childproof lol

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
This is the most relevant part of the article. Carry whatever you want in a CBD product package. Is TSA going to whip out lab coats and test tubes to make sure your shit only contains 0.3% THC with a thousand people in line? C'mon, mannnn.
No, but they may just confiscate it on the chance it is regular cannabis in disguise. And then smoke it on break, of course...
No, it actually works. My wife has been flying with carts for years. Just pops em into CBD blister packs and no one even raises an eyebrow at her.
The War on Drugs is over, dummies. Drugs won.
First round KO, at our house.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

JBone65

Thanks Okie Governor "Bull" Stitt for agreeing to a special election for recreational weed in March. :tup:That's great news! 🎆 It'll include a higher cannabis tax rate of 15%, but it should open the doors for cash and carry interstate sales. Yee-haww! Let the weed wars begin.:leaf: I'm thinking we should hurry and widen I-35 between DFW and OKC

Let my medical license expire in July. Will try to utilize inventory untill I can buy it recreationally, but that might be tough.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Get ready for corporate cannabis sales.

Edit:. Oops! Back to back posts. I'm fucked now....
Fun fact from this story;
"Now, there are 700,000 card holding medical marijuana users in Florida..."

The future battle for insurance covering med. canna is going to entail filtering down the actual patients from the thousands who got a card for more frivolous reasons. Insurance companies are not gonna want to subsidize this!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Top Bottom