• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Ozzie's Best
gummy-bats-1200.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Adobewan

Where can I place my bet on whether this passes or not?

shredder

Where can I place my bet on whether this passes or not?

I placed a large bet (cannabis stocks) in the last 2 weeks.

The canna related stocks have gone down all year so IMHO they're due for a rebound.

Federal easing of regulations would be a huge lift.

shredder,
Reactions: Cheebsy

JBone65

I couldn't resist a great looking ounce of strawberry cough for $90, the THC content is reportedly 26% with a very unique fruity smell. After I bought it I learned it's a well studied strain with an unusual dominant terpenoid called terpinolene. It smells amazing and strong, but I'm not thrilled with it.

Have been watching videos and reading about how many different terpenoids make up the wild smells that come from all types of plants, and how weed is a super terpenoid producer with more than 100 documented compounds. The linked article attempts to provide details on the top 30 or 40 compounds, such as what aroma you might expect from each, medicinal benefits, what other plants have them, and which strains have which terpenoids.

IMO dispensaries label things as sativa or sativa dominant these days for confusing reasons, but also to sell it. Lots of people only want sativa based on incomplete information. From what I'm reading almost all growers prefer the indica morphology due to 30% shorter flowering time and 50% greater yield. Thanks to cross breeding, you can find just about any (old style sativa?) terp profile if you know what to look for. However, IMO most of us don't really know what to look for, and hybridization is introducing a lot of odd variations, many of which get labeled as "sativa" even though very different from classic sativa. Just listening to bud tenders, I'm finding myself with some strange weed. My big "nose" liked the smell of the strawberry cough but now I wish I had bought a more traditional caryophyllene, myrcene strain.

Not seeing many full test sheets with a complete terpene breakdown these days, have to pay more to get tested weed, but will try to avoid anything with too much terpinolene in the future. Figuring out which terp profile is my favorite should also help me choose seeds when the time comes.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I couldn't resist a great looking ounce of strawberry cough for $90, the THC content is reportedly 26% with a very unique fruity smell. After I bought it I learned it's a well studied strain with an unusual dominant terpenoid called terpinolene. It smells amazing and strong, but I'm not thrilled with it.
Around here the best dispensary sale price I have seen for an ounce of bud (not shake) was around $400 after taxes. We have seen a small reduction of prices after dispensary sales came down about 15% from their highs, but the prices are still ridiculously high and still out of the acceptable range.

cybrguy,
  • Angry
Reactions: Adobewan

JBone65

Around here the best dispensary sale price I have seen for an ounce of bud (not shake) was around $400 after taxes. We have seen a small reduction of prices after dispensary sales came down about 15% from their highs, but the prices are still ridiculously high and still out of the acceptable range.
I wonder how much is being grown in Oklahoma, with ~9000 licensed growers. Many of them have multiple premium indoor facilities, others have acres of low budget greenhouses, others are into sun grown, etc. I suspect there's enough weed to flood the U.S. market. A grower on the news said indoor premium weed can harvested for as low as $50/oz. The regulatory controls recently enacted are way too little too late. The OMMA has no way to know where the weed ends up, some untaxed in expensive markets, some overseas, nearby states including all of Texas, etc. The lower the price, the less likely you are to see a genuine test sheet, and (IMO) the more likely you are to get ripped off. I would guess some greenhouse weed might cost $25/oz or even less to grow, but it probably was exposed to extreme heat (before and after harvest). I see ads for sun grown flower for $50/oz. I have some zigzags and I'm tempted to use them.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
New Biden Budget Keeps Ban On D.C. Marijuana Sales But Preserves State Medical Cannabis Protections
No more excuses for a Democrat in office to not legalize other than corporate influence.
Don't let them fool you, the Dems are just as bad on cannabis as the Repubs.
Back in the day when Cannabis was something that Hippies and musicians consumed one could suggest that it favored Democrats. One didn't (or I didn't at least) usually find "Republicans" sleeping in the park and sharing joints. Those days are over and cannabis is no longer associated with one party or another. I think I know lots of right leaning folks who love the devil weed. Were it not the case we could talk politics in here without the knifes coming out...

In truth I think it is doubtful that Biden will ever come around on cannabis. He is a very old school guy whose son had a serious drug problem and he is probably unable to separate cannabis from other recreational drugs in his head. We don't NEED his support to move forward, but we DO need him to get out of the way and that may never happen.

florduh

Every politician who doesn't move heaven and earth to right the wrongs of our cannabis laws is signing their name to the ugly history behind prohibition. It was never, ever about health or "the children". It was always bullshit.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

-John Ehrlichman, Nixon Aide and Watergate henchman

Adobewan

Every politician who doesn't move heaven and earth to right the wrongs of our cannabis laws is signing their name to the ugly history behind prohibition. It was never, ever about health or "the children". It was always bullshit.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

-John Ehrlichman, Nixon Aide and Watergate henchman
It started before Nixon and it was always about the money.
The root of all evil.

florduh

It started before Nixon and it was always about the money.
The root of all evil.

It was definitely about the money. But you can't really get regular people to support a law designed to make oligarchs even richer. No, cannabis prohibition was sold to the public by claiming that weed makes black and brown people rape white women. Prohibitionists should be made to defend that sentiment. Not worries about health or "the children".

And while it didn't start under Nixon, he is a true villain for cannabis enjoyers. His Administration launched the Schafer Commission to determine how America should handle weed. That panel of experts determined cannabis should be immediately decriminalized. Instead, Nixon escalated the War on Drugs so he could lock his political enemies in a cage.

MinnBobber

It was definitely about the money. But you can't really get regular people to support a law designed to make oligarchs even richer. No, cannabis prohibition was sold to the public by claiming that weed makes black and brown people rape white women. Prohibitionists should be made to defend that sentiment. Not worries about health or "the children".

And while it didn't start under Nixon, he is a true villain for cannabis enjoyers. His Administration launched the Schafer Commission to determine how America should handle weed. That panel of experts determined cannabis should be immediately decriminalized. Instead, Nixon escalated the War on Drugs so he could lock his political enemies in a cage.

X2

And to amplify the Nixon injustice toward cannabis, Nixon cherry picked the Commission members to give the conclusion he wanted, that marijuana is evil and worse than heroin.

The biased commission, reviewed the extensive testimony and research and determined the opposite of their charge…… that cannabis is not harmful and there is no good or legitimate reason it should be illegal.

Nixon then ignored his own commission’s findings and The War on Drugs began.
Despicable action that has harmed millions.
☹️

Adobewan

...But you can't really get regular people to support a law designed to make oligarchs even richer...
Unfortunately, what the people want and/or vote for is not manifested by our leaders. We consistently, and in ever-growing numbers, vote for legalization, and still, it doesn't pass.
Did any of us have any say in Trump's tax cut for the rich?
Did any of us have a say in our choices for candidates?

With the mix of the internet unveiling layers, and arrogant politicians too lazy to/uninterested in hiding their crimes, it's become clear that it's not about governing or fostering a prosperous society, it is a money grab for the rich and powerful who have access.

florduh

Unfortunately, what the people want and/or vote for is not manifested by our leaders. We consistently, and in ever-growing numbers, vote for legalization, and still, it doesn't pass.
Did any of us have any say in Trump's tax cut for the rich?
Did any of us have a say in our choices for candidates?

With the mix of the internet unveiling layers, and arrogant politicians too lazy to/uninterested in hiding their crimes, it's become clear that it's not about governing or fostering a prosperous society, it is a money grab for the rich and powerful who have access.

Or you have the Governor of South Dakota, who saw a majority of voters in her State approve a medical marijuana program, and simply tore it up.

American "democracy and freedom", what an absolute joke. You and I have just as much say on the direction our country goes as medieval serfs did.

And to amplify the Nixon injustice toward cannabis, Nixon cherry picked the Commission members to give the conclusion he wanted, that marijuana is evil and worse than heroin.

Wow, I did not know that tidbit. Tricky Dick stacked the deck in his favor and STILL lost. So he just knocked over the table and did what he was gonna do anyway.

C No Ego

Or you have the Governor of South Dakota, who saw a majority of voters in her State approve a medical marijuana program, and simply tore it up.

American "democracy and freedom", what an absolute joke. You and I have just as much say on the direction our country goes as medieval serfs did.

Wow, I did not know that tidbit. Tricky Dick stacked the deck in his favor and STILL lost. So he just knocked over the table and did what he was gonna do anyway.
look up -1974 Virginia medical school research proves cannabinoids kill cancers ( Anti-Neo plastic activity of cannabinoids)
nine times they performed the research to make the conclusions ... it was part of the Shaffer commission to find harms in marijuana . one medical journal of the day picked it up and published the research then it was all pulled until an aids activist group unearthed it in 1996 . when politicians use tax money to pay for things its not in the taxpayers interests LOL

JBone65

I posted this link up above. In addition to unique aromas, many terpenes have reportedly been recognized over the ages for medicinal benefit. The following benefits supposedly come from humulene:

Effects: Anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving properties, anti-tumor, anti-bacterial, and appetite suppressant.

florduh

I guess their whole "small government" schtick only applies to allowing corporations to rape regular people.

The House is set to pass legislation on Friday to legalize marijuana nationwide, an effort that has unprecedented levels of support in both chambers of Congress.

The bill is likely to pass the lower chamber largely along party lines, with most Republicans expected to oppose it.

Top Bottom