• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

Tranquility

Mitch and Rudy and Mcananny and Kush and Donny and Miller voted so yeah I can't argue that dead people voted.

Paul "I think that's false", ah OK I'm convinced. smh
I think, for Georgia, the current claim of proof for dead people is:
  • 10,315 people who were deceased on election day (8,718 of whom had been registered as dead before their votes were accepted)
Which, by my count, is more than the six you've alleged are dead.

I could give links too. Lot's and lot's of links. But, the only reason we are discussing this at all is because to a cannabis news item of a good bill coming up, reflexive hatred of others reared its head. Reflexive hatred is not that productive unless your goal is to have the same returned to you.

Adobewan

Like so much of this election, I have to ask, did you even listen to his (Paul's) statement?

I will stop there, since we all have assholes, I mean opinions.
If you're referring to the video posted, yes I did.
I may have missed something. Did Paul offer any evidence of this issue? Or that the issue was significantly different from other election years? Or of it being of any significance to the outcome of the election?

I don't line up with either party(seems like team sports, doesn't matter if they suck, they're my team!), but there seem to be many accusations from the Right, and little, to no, evidence to back it up. It's why all those court cases are being lost.
I'm open, let me know if I'm missing something.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Feds Crack Down On ‘Deceptively Marketed’ CBD Products

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) announced on Thursday that it launched the first law enforcement crackdown on “deceptive” claims being made about CBD products. The new action involves complaints against six companies.

As part of “Operation CBDeceit,” FTC is mandating that the firms and personnel associated with them stop making a “wide range of scientifically unsupported claims” about their products’ ability to treat medical conditions. Some of the companies will also have to pay monetary judgements.

Gunky

10,315 people who were deceased on election day (8,718 of whom had been registered as dead before their votes were accepted)
This falsehood appears to come from an online magazine called the Federalist, the home of fanatical Trump supporters and a purveyor of fake news on a variety of subjects. It originates in a Trump lawsuit against Brad Raffensperger, which I think is still pending. Raffensperger, the republican secretary of state of Georgia, denies the allegations. Trump has been threatening him in various ways unless he throws the election to Trump. If you believe the suit is going to succeed I have some lunar real estate you might be interested in buying too. Pure bullshit, like all the other Trump election lawsuits. I sincerely hope that fuckcombustion sanctions anyone peddling misinformation like this.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

FDA warns companies illegally selling CBD products

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued five warning letters on Tuesday to companies for selling products containing CBD in ways the violate the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, according to a press release from the FDA.

The press release says all five letters address the illegal marketing of unapproved CBD products claiming to treat medical conditions. They also address violations relating to the addition of CBD to food and marketing of CBD products as dietary supplements.

==============================================================================================

Marijuana sales data reveal Americans bought 67% more weed to survive 2020

State tax and revenue data acquired and analyzed by Leafly reveal that nationwide sales of medical and adult-use marijuana increased by 67% over 2019.

Americans purchased $17.9 billion in cannabis products over the past calendar year, $7.2 billion more than the $10.7 billion in sales the previous year.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Multi-State Marijuana Regulators Association Expands And Sets Policy Priorities

An independent coalition of marijuana regulators from across the U.S. announced on Tuesday that representatives from five more states will be joining its efforts to develop and share best practices for enacting reform.

Additionally, the Cannabis Regulators Association (CANNRA) said it is establishing 15 special committees that will be tasked with collecting information and creating policy recommendations on a variety of issues related to marijuana.

macbill,
Reactions: Adobewan

C No Ego

Lack of standards, dubious business practices threaten to upend cannabis testing industry

A lack of standards is among the factors plaguing the cannabis testing industry, threatening to undermine consumer confidence in marijuana products and making it harder for some testing businesses to operate, according to industry insiders.
the Fucjking Shit is still federally illegal and people are going to Jail and that is hat we are focusing on = lack of testing for illegal plants ??? ther is such a huge divide the Country over ,... some people are just trying to avoid jail time while others are demanding plant product information on illegal plants that made theother people end up in jail for

C No Ego,

florduh

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

florduh

Trump Police Commission Slams Marijuana Legalization And Drug Decriminalization In New Report

A commission established by President Donald Trump recently released a report on law enforcement issues that is critical of local efforts to legalize marijuana or otherwise decriminalize drugs.

The cops never say exactly what scourges have descended upon the country due to cannabis legalization. It's just a lot of nebulous sounding nonsense. To my ear, this just sounds like cops crying because they see an easy source of revenue drying up. I know fucking with drug consumers is way easier than solving real crimes, but life's tough sometimes guys.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

Trump Police Commission Slams Marijuana Legalization And Drug Decriminalization In New Report

A commission established by President Donald Trump recently released a report on law enforcement issues that is critical of local efforts to legalize marijuana or otherwise decriminalize drugs.

Not for nothing but scrolling through the report, "Marijuana" is mentioned a whopping two times. Two times in 332 pages.

One of those times is in a paragraph describing a TX law enforcement unit's success which isn't even worth quoting as its entirely irrelevant, and this is the other time its used, and its in relation to the homeless community:

3.3.3 The Department of Justice should examine how local laws and policies that decriminalize or reduce sanctions for drug use or activities related to homelessness impact law enforcement and public safety.

While law enforcement certainly plays a role in addressing the needs of individuals with substance use disorders and those who experience homelessness, they are also responsible for enforcing the law and maintaining public safety. Certain localities across this country have decriminalized or reduced sanctions for drug use, such as in the case of marijuana, or “quality of life” crimes— actions that are often a result of homelessness—such as public urination.

United States Attorney for the District of Vermont Christina E. Nolan explains, “When something is decriminalized, it takes a tool away from law enforcement, signals that the behavior is OK and will not have consequences, and logically will lead to more of the undesirable behavior. . . . Decriminalization of drugs will lead to more use, more related crime, and more drain on law enforcement resources and morale.”217

Decriminalization and reduction in sanctions merely raise the bar for law enforcement arrests, but they do not account for the reality that law enforcement officers still must address the complaints about these individuals from community members, respond to the noncriminal results of untreated substance use problems (e.g., overdoses), or interact with large homeless populations. This often results in an increase in the number of people in need who intersect with law enforcement, while the mechanisms to sanction these behaviors and shepherd people into courtmandated treatment programs are removed. This may have a greater cost to the community, including escalation and long-term drug use.

Sheriff Don Barnes of Orange County states, “In 2018, my department led an effort to address a large homeless encampment on the Santa Ana Riverbed. The encampment approached 1,000 people, many of whom were mentally ill and drug addicted . . . In remediating the riverbed we collected 13,950 used hypodermic syringes. This staggering number is a direct result of the decriminalization of drugs. In California, possession of drugs results in nothing more than a misdemeanor citation.”218 Sheriff Barnes emphasized that he was not advocating incarcerating drug-addicted individuals. Instead, he notes, “Crimes committed without consequence invite more crime, negatively impacting the community and systems that lack individual accountability exacerbate the problem by encouraging bad behavior.”219

The Department of Justice as well as state and local governments should evaluate the impact and side effects that the laws and policies of local and jurisdictions have on the safety of their community and effectiveness of their criminal justice system to better inform legislation, community services planning, and directing resources

That can hardly be considered "slams Marijuana Legalization and Drug Decriminalization" to me. That's a pretty big stretch. Additionally, that quoted paragraph is the only place "Decriminalize" or "Decriminalization" is used - in 332 pages.

But hey, anything for a cool, catchy, headline to rile people up, right?

The report, at least where it refers to MJ and legaization/decrim, literally says nothing useful at all. It certainly does not "slam" anything though...

unsorted

Kins

Warning point for forging a quote. Additional warning point for ignoring a moderator's instructions to stay on topic.
I love Trump. He was the best president in history and actually got things done. I think I'm the biggest Trump fan on this forum!.

LMAO!. I thought we weren't supposed to talk politics. I guess only certain users are allowed to say certain things.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
LMAO!. I thought we weren't supposed to talk politics. I guess only certain users are allowed to say certain things.

A moderator posted and asked everyone to stop talking politics and get back to the topic, which almost everyone did—except you. You forged a quote just to bring up politics again, and then had the gall to make up more bullshit about FC favouring certain members.

Bye, and I hope the door slams you in the ass on the way out.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
There's 3,000+ Caregivers up there in that 20+ year old medical community....:

The link to the new proposed rules is here:
https://www.maine.gov/dafs/omp/medical-use/rules-statutes/rulemaking/draft-rules

And the link to provide feedback on them is here:
https://www.maine.gov/dafs/omp/medical-use/rules-statutes/rulemaking/feedback

History of Marijuana in Maine

Last edited:
Bologna,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

Gunky

Lack of standards, dubious business practices threaten to upend cannabis testing industry

A lack of standards is among the factors plaguing the cannabis testing industry, threatening to undermine consumer confidence in marijuana products and making it harder for some testing businesses to operate, according to industry insiders.
This is why if you fuck combustion for health (and flavor) it is very well worth considering home medical grow so you know exactly what goes into your cannabis and how it has been handled. If you live in an area where home grow is not allowed maybe consider supporting activism in favor of legalizing it. I know, a lot of people have been avidly anticipating the opening of legit shops and being able to buy cannabis in a store and so forth but right now is still kind of a wild west period for this product. A lot of the details haven't yet been well systematized and as a result there is some pretty bad weed being sold out there, even in the legit stores. Don't be a victim.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Med users with a card can grow up to 5 plants here. No grow for rec users. I seriously doubt they would change that (much if at all) cause the only reason they agreed to legalize here was for the tax revenue, and they get none from home grows.

Here, as in many places, its all about the money. Never mind that it is medicine for many of us. Not sure I could have survived the last 4 years without it...

Gunky

Med users with a card can grow up to 5 plants here. No grow for rec users. I seriously doubt they would change that (much if at all) cause the only reason they agreed to legalize here was for the tax revenue, and they get none from home grows.

Here, as in many places, its all about the money. Never mind that it is medicine for many of us. Not sure I could have survived the last 4 years without it...
I think you are probably right that squelching small recreational grows is an attempt to protect big growers and tax revenues. That said, it's kind of a dumb thing. In the end very few people will ever grow their own - too far out of the box. It won't cut into big canna revenue and it will have negligible effect on tax revenues. It's like people who grow tomatoes at home. They have no effect on the big growers of tomatoes. Or folks who make their own beer. There is enough room in this market for everybody.

Top Bottom