Cannabis News

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Baby steps for sure, but dang if we haven't come so far since Co helped put the foot in the cannabis door. I'd imagine we will have to wait till the next go around. I'm just simply amazed that it has reached this point. The movements real and people are letting them know they want this even if they do not use themselves.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
For sure. Though by that logic, Mitch should be pushing his own cannabis legalization bill. Cannabis flower sells for more than Hemp, and ain't any harder to grow. So if he really wanted to help his State's agricultural industry, I have some suggestions.
Mitch doesn’t want to help his STATE, his state is filled with welfare crackers who can do nothing but vote: he’s got them right where he wants them....

I'm fairly certain those mean 'ol Kentucky Republican legislators recently approved a medical program.

Matt Gaetz is a Conservative Republican representing a Conservative district in Floriduh. He is also a legalization proponent. He even went so far as to publicly make fun of a Trump Admin official opposed to legalization. He has paid no price for this. In my opinion, this whole excuse is just outdated thinking.
Passing medical means nothing: Georgia passed a CBD provision that’s worth its weight in shit: you can *HAVE* it, but you can’t grow it, buy it, sell it, or import it - or to put it another way, “NO, you CAN’T have it!”

Gaetz is exactly the sort of frat clown that gives well-fed republicans a bad name. He cares about Matt Gaetz and nothing else

regarding today’s vote in the House, I’m not at all convinced that moving Cannabis to a different schedule qualifies as “decriminalization”. I know that some would see this as an improvement but that improvement seems strictly theoretical.

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Mitch doesn’t want to help his STATE, his state is filled with welfare crackers who can do nothing but vote: he’s got them right where he wants them....

Passing medical means nothing: Georgia passed a CBD provision that’s worth its weight in shit: you can *HAVE* it, but you can’t grow it, buy it, sell it, or import it - or to put it another way, “NO, you CAN’T have it!”

Gaetz is exactly the sort of frat clown that gives well-fed republicans a bad name. He cares about Matt Gaetz and nothing else

regarding today’s vote in the House, I’m not at all convinced that moving Cannabis to a different schedule qualifies as “decriminalization”. I know that some would see this as an improvement but that improvement seems strictly theoretical.
Really the big difference I think it would cause is big corporations are going to hop into the businesses, also FDA will probably gain control of it and make it strict and expensive to meet their guidelines pushing more small mj business owners out. There will probably be a lot of dispensary/growers who are currently in the business that dont want decriminalization for these reasons, could mess with their well being, kind of like trailer park boys when they are fighting against legalization haha.

Gunky

One thing that removing cannabis from the federal schedule could enable: cannabis trade between the states. That would be nice. We could have national brands. Also: we might have to quit some treaties but wouldn't it be wonderful if we could import and export legally?

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
One thing that removing cannabis from the federal schedule could enable: cannabis trade between the states. That would be nice. We could have national brands. Also: we might have to quit some treaties but wouldn't it be wonderful if we could import and export legally?
Quitting those treaties could get tricky: we pushed everyone else into signing them.
Might be embarrassing.

Gunky

Quitting those treaties could get tricky: we pushed everyone else into signing them.
Might be embarrassing.
Well most of that was a few presidents ago. That was then this is now. Time to correct our mistakes.

In other words: Thai sticks will get you through times of embarrassment but embarrassment won't help much when you can't get Thai sticks.

Last edited:

C No Ego

right now the federal drug war is operated from the intrastate lines ... the inner lines that separate states . all those lines connect to open water where the treaties are being enforced from ... Pirates basically ruling in every land via threats ( treaties??_ and whatever

C No Ego,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
In other words: Thai sticks will get you through times of embarrassment but embarrassment won't help much when you can't get Thai sticks.
Ha. I always heard that as "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope..." But I guess there are a lot of ways to say basically the same thing... :cool:

cybrguy,
Reactions: Gunky

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Rand Paul Files Bill To Increase Hemp THC Limit And Address Other Industry Concerns

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Tuesday introduced a bill that would triple the concentration of THC that can be in legal hemp plants and address multiple other concerns the industry has expressed about proposed federal regulations for the crop.

Senate Passes Marijuana Research Bill One Week After House Approves Similar Legislation

The Senate on Tuesday night approved a bipartisan bill meant to promote studies into the effects of marijuana. The move comes one week after the House passed separate cannabis research legislation.

Tranquility

I was going to start with a headline warning about the vaccine, but knew many would get touchy over such a joke. (Conflating Covid vaccine with this reported vaccine.) But...don't take the vaccine! Just saying.

Experimental vaccine can counter dangerous effects of synthetic cannabinoids

Yes, they're talking about the synthetic stuff sprayed on mint for gas station sales. However, it certainly seems like ALL cannabinoids can be countered in the same way. SCIENCE!

"As an addiction treatment, Janda believes vaccines provide benefits over other therapeutics, as they don't require taking a daily pill and can reduce the risk of an overdose if the user relapses.

The newest vaccine differs from Janda's previous work in that it's composed of multiple drug-like antigens that stimulate "broadly neutralizing" antibodies within the body, which disable many types of cannabinoids. This is key, as synthetic cannabinoids encompass a wide range of human-made chemicals.

In behavioral experiments involving mice, the team found that even when exposed to a large amount of the drug, the vaccine offered broad protection against the psychoactive effects. The team also developed a version of the vaccine that could be inhaled, which could offer greater convenience.

"This work provides a solid foundation for future therapeutic development against synthetic cannabinoid abuse," Janda says. "The ultimate goal is to provide prolonged protection for those who may be struggling with substance abuse.""

Tranquility,

C No Ego

Rand Paul Files Bill To Increase Hemp THC Limit And Address Other Industry Concerns

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Tuesday introduced a bill that would triple the concentration of THC that can be in legal hemp plants and address multiple other concerns the industry has expressed about proposed federal regulations for the crop.

Senate Passes Marijuana Research Bill One Week After House Approves Similar Legislation

The Senate on Tuesday night approved a bipartisan bill meant to promote studies into the effects of marijuana. The move comes one week after the House passed separate cannabis research legislation.
oh so more " marijuana" research ? like NIDA needs more of that ? what in the Hell

C No Ego,
Reactions: Shrike

Tranquility

oh so more " marijuana" research ? like NIDA needs more of that ? what in the Hell
What the Hell? What do you mean? Most everyone thinks it is such a good idea it passed on unanimous consent. They might just pass the senate version, unchanged, just to get the bill to the President to be signed before Congress adjourns.

What possible problem could anyone but a drug warrior have with the bill? (Or, bill(s) if you distinguish between the senate and house versions.) Maybe, if one were especially sensitive, one could object to the name, "Cannabidiol and Marihuana Research Expansion Act".

We cool kids think "marijuana" is racist. I assume "marihuana" is the same and is just different way to write the purportedly racist word.

Tranquility,
Reactions: Shrike

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral

The same Rand Paul who wants to keep perpetuating the myth that dead people and non-citizens voted to 'steal' the election from Trump.

FUCK THIS PIECE OF HUMAN WASTE!:shit::shit::shit:

C No Ego

What the Hell? What do you mean? Most everyone thinks it is such a good idea it passed on unanimous consent. They might just pass the senate version, unchanged, just to get the bill to the President to be signed before Congress adjourns.

What possible problem could anyone but a drug warrior have with the bill? (Or, bill(s) if you distinguish between the senate and house versions.) Maybe, if one were especially sensitive, one could object to the name, "Cannabidiol and Marihuana Research Expansion Act".

We cool kids think "marijuana" is racist. I assume "marihuana" is the same and is just different way to write the purportedly racist word.
from the history we know Marihuana with an H is wild Mexican tobacco plant ( solanaceae family / nightshade)
cannabis is not that at all , but an herbaceous flowering angiosperm plant species n the cannabaceae family
the Word Marijuana means = Tactical assault .

Tranquility

The same Rand Paul who wants to keep perpetuating the myth that dead people and non-citizens voted to 'steal' the election from Trump.

FUCK THIS PIECE OF HUMAN WASTE!:shit::shit::shit:
The bill Paul supports is a good one. Why people are fighting good things because...reasons...is beyond me.

As for the rest, Um...dead people and non-citizens DID vote in this election. It is proven beyond any reasonable doubt. It is not a "myth". Period. Stop it. There's lists of some of the names in the attachments to the lawsuits of those that were caught already. Perpetuating the myth there was no fraud is a fine partisan talking point, but is simply not true.

I think the point you're trying to make is that dead people and non-citizen voting was not enough to explain the difference in the tally. On that, most agree. Rand Paul's claims of fraud, while include the smaller, proven, fraud of dead people and non-citizens voting is more based on broader issues I'm sure we might like to discuss but suspect would get shut down fast. Let's go to the tape of this "human waste" when he talked of this issue with specificity.
If Rand Paul is human waste for being able to tell shit from Shinola, what do we say about all the politicians that want to keep us in endless war when Paul wants us out?

Last edited:

Adobewan

The bill Paul supports is a good one. Why people are fighting good things because...reasons...is beyond me.

As for the rest, Um...dead people and non-citizens DID vote in this election. It is proven beyond any reasonable doubt. It is not a "myth". Period. Stop it. There's lists of some of the names in the attachments to the lawsuits of those that were caught already. Perpetuating the myth there was no fraud is a fine partisan talking point, but is simply not true.

I think the point you're trying to make is that dead people and non-citizen voting was not enough to explain the difference in the tally. On that, most agree. Rand Paul's claims of fraud, while include the smaller, proven, fraud of dead people and non-citizens voting is more based on broader issues I'm sure we might like to discuss but suspect would get shut down fast. Let's go to the tape of this "human waste" when he talked of this issue with specificity.
If Rand Paul is human waste for being able to tell shit from Shinola, what do we say about all the politicians that want to keep us in endless war when Paul wants us out?
Not sure I understand this and don't want to promote a political discussion in the wrong thread(apologies in advance, oh great and powerful Mods) but...

While Rand Paul's grasp of the truth has been challenged on many fronts, from many sources, it seems there was some fraud, but no more so than years past. In fact, numerous reports, say this was the most secure election in American history:
AG Bill Barr, Trump's (former)top gun, said, "To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election."
If such a small number of dead people and non-citizens voting didn't affect the tally then the amount of fraud is negligible. It should be examined and fixed of course, but to focus on this sort of thing while we are apparently being successfully and repeatedly cyber attacked while Trump is awol, seems partisan and/or misleading. Trump has a job to do and rather than do it, he's still fighting this lost cause.

I didn't want Trump or Biden, but the votes are in, the electoral college(a questionable institution) has spoken, there have been multiple recounts in states, and some 59 of 60 Trump lawsuits claiming election fraud have been lost or thrown out.
There's seeking legal remedies and then there's being a sore loser.

I still feel the two-party system is the biggest hoax played on the American people. They keep us divided and fighting amongst ourselves while they lift, and steal, and pilfer our coffers.

Tranquility

Not sure I understand this and don't want to promote a political discussion in the wrong thread(apologies in advance, oh great and powerful Mods) but...

While Rand Paul's grasp of the truth has been challenged on many fronts, from many sources, it seems there was some fraud, but no more so than years past. In fact, numerous reports, say this was the most secure election in American history:
AG Bill Barr, Trump's (former)top gun, said, "To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election."
If such a small number of dead people and non-citizens voting didn't affect the tally then the amount of fraud is negligible. It should be examined and fixed of course, but to focus on this sort of thing while we are apparently being successfully and repeatedly cyber attacked while Trump is awol, seems partisan and/or misleading. Trump has a job to do and rather than do it, he's still fighting this lost cause.

I didn't want Trump or Biden, but the votes are in, the electoral college(a questionable institution) has spoken, there have been multiple recounts in states, and some 59 of 60 Trump lawsuits claiming election fraud have been lost or thrown out.
There's seeking legal remedies and then there's being a sore loser.

I still feel the two-party system is the biggest hoax played on the American people. They keep us divided and fighting amongst ourselves while they lift, and steal, and pilfer our coffers.
Like so much of this election, I have to ask, did you even listen to his (Paul's) statement?

I will stop there, since we all have assholes, I mean opinions.

Tranquility,
Reactions: BrianTL
Top Bottom