Cannabis News

MinnBobber

I see a lot of cbd patches but not finding much about how absorption is achieved.
Like........if you could absorb it via your epidermis why don't we?
I am covered in tri homes regularly and have not noticed any effects.
Fairly sure you will pass any toxicological testing after handling assuming no inhaling?
Even when dissolved in acetone it has no noticeable effect via skin contact.

CBD absorption thru skin is 10x THC rate so CBD topicals make sense....THC topicals do not work.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: arb

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Limonene is a common ingredient in transdermal application: renders the skin more easily penetrated (so to speak)

on further reflection, I wonder if DMSO would dissolve resin....

Vaporware

I use topicals and I’ve never noticed psychoactive effects. I used a patch one night in Colorado, and while I believe I had a little flower too I do think it had some effect. It seemed like more of a low dose release slowly throughout the night. The effects weren’t dramatic, but they were still going in the morning. I think the entire patch was a fairly low dose anyway, so I wouldn’t have expected more.

They did recommend putting the patch on the inside of your wrist (which I did) or I believe the top of your foot. Places where there’s not a lot of flesh in the way but there are plenty of veins and stuff so it’s easier to get into your bloodstream.

I’m not quite as comfortable yet with that patches as I am with edibles or vaporizing, but at least for continually delivering a low dose of meds while you’re asleep it might be the best option available.

I at least plan to try it again at some point, but they tend to be expensive for the dose you’re getting so I haven’t been inclined to find more yet.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

House Republicans Attack Democrats Over Planned Marijuana Legalization Vote

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/hou...ats-over-planned-marijuana-legalization-vote/
Congressional Republicans are blasting Democrats for planning to hold a vote on a marijuana legalization bill on the House floor next month.

A blog post from the House GOP Conference site—titled “Democrats Prioritize Legalizing Marijuana Instead Of Providing COVID Relief For The American People”—criticized House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) for announcing the upcoming December floor vote on a legalization bill this week.

Gunky

Can you believe this? For less than 1 gram of weed?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/us/man-freed-life-sentence-marijuana-trnd/index.html

A man who was sentenced to life in prison for selling $30 of marijuana will be freed​

(CNN)A military veteran serving a life sentence for selling less than $30 worth of marijuana will soon be released from prison, his attorney said.
Derek Harris, who was arrested in 2008 in Louisiana for selling an officer .69 grams of marijuana, was recently resentenced to time served. He's already served nine years in prison.

ClearBlueLou

House Republicans Attack Democrats Over Planned Marijuana Legalization Vote

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/hou...ats-over-planned-marijuana-legalization-vote/
Congressional Republicans are blasting Democrats for planning to hold a vote on a marijuana legalization bill on the House floor next month.

A blog post from the House GOP Conference site—titled “Democrats Prioritize Legalizing Marijuana Instead Of Providing COVID Relief For The American People”—criticized House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) for announcing the upcoming December floor vote on a legalization bill this week.
Pretty effing rich, considering the Senate adjourned last month without taking ANY action on COVID relief - including taking up ANY of the relief bills passed by the House and sent to McConnell’s desk - where, I suppose, he watched them flop around, gasping for breath before dying. Pretty typical of them to try and staple blame to the Democrats following their own malpractice.

C No Ego

Can you believe this? For less than 1 gram of weed?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/us/man-freed-life-sentence-marijuana-trnd/index.html

A man who was sentenced to life in prison for selling $30 of marijuana will be freed​

(CNN)A military veteran serving a life sentence for selling less than $30 worth of marijuana will soon be released from prison, his attorney said.
Derek Harris, who was arrested in 2008 in Louisiana for selling an officer .69 grams of marijuana, was recently resentenced to time served. He's already served nine years in prison.
100% the reason we do not have legal cannabis anywhere yet ... the lure to arrest us for this is to great

bulllee

Agent Provocateur

Marijuana legalization is so popular it's defying the partisan divide​

NOVEMBER 16, 2020 / 5:58 AM / AP
Bill Stocker could be considered the archetype of a conservative voter: He's a retired Marine and former police officer who voted for President Trump. But he's also among the majority of South Dakota voters who broadly legalized marijuana this month.

Stocker, 61, said enforcing marijuana laws gets in the way of pursuing other drug crimes and called warnings about the ills of marijuana "a bunch of baloney" that even people in a Republican stronghold like South Dakota no longer believe.

South Dakota's values of "personal responsibility and freedom" won out, said Stocker, who lives in Sioux Falls.

Get Breaking News Delivered to Your Inbox​

The 2020 election helped prove how broadly accepted marijuana has become throughout the United States, with measures to legalize recreational pot also breezing to victory in progressive New Jersey, moderate Arizona and conservative Montana. Fifteen states have now broadly legalized it, while 36 states allow medical marijuana.

Voters in Mississippi overwhelmingly approved medical marijuana this month, giving the drug another foothold in the South.

A Gallup Poll released Nov. 9 indicated that 68% of Americans favor legalizing marijuana - double the approval rate in 2003. That wide margin was evident in the election, with marijuana measures passing with strong bipartisan support.

Trending News​

In South Dakota and Montana - where Republicans swept to victory in the key races - recreational marijuana passed with at least 16 percentage points more support than Democratic President-elect Joe Biden received. South Dakota also approved medical pot, which outpolled Mr. Biden by 34 percentage points.

"We've waged a war against this plant for a century and by any reasonable metric, that war has been an abject failure," said Matthew Schweich, deputy director of the Marijuana Policy Project, which favors legalization. "All it's done is incarcerate millions of Americans, it has perpetuated racism in this country, and perhaps the worst injustice of all is that it's deprived us of medical marijuana research."

Marijuana is still illegal at the federal level, hurting veterans who can't be prescribed medical pot at Veterans Affairs clinics, he said.

They "come home with chronic pain and we're pushing them to opioids," Schweich said. "That's crazy. That's unpatriotic and it's a disgrace."

Support for legalization was around 25% in 1992 when then-presidential candidate Bill Clinton tried to avoid answering questions about whether he had used marijuana before finally saying in a television interview that he had experimented with the drug, didn't like it and "didn't inhale."

In early 2019, Kamala Harris - now the vice president-elect - was asked about her prior marijuana use during a radio interview and acknowledged that "I did inhale."

Brendan Johnson, a former U.S. attorney in South Dakota who supported the state's marijuana initiatives, said the campaign focused on the fact that in recent years 10% of arrests in the state were for marijuana, and most were small amounts.

"We have a real problem here where we have criminalized an entire generation of South Dakotans, and we're paying a price," Johnson said.

The owner of a chain of medical marijuana dispensaries in Billings, Montana, credited passage of the recreational marijuana initiative to a years-long campaign by medical marijuana supporters to educate the public about the benefits of cannabis.

"There has been a considerable change in the political demographic because people are educated, because they know Aunt Margaret tried it for her cancer and she can eat," said Richard Abromeit, owner of Montana Advanced Caregivers.

Advocates' next goal is to get marijuana removed from a federal list of illegal drugs with no accepted medical use and high potential for abuse. The listing prevents labs from researching potential medical remedies using marijuana.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer told lawmakers last week that he would hold a vote in December on a bill that would decriminalize cannabis, create a process to expunge nonviolent pot convictions and remove the drug from the Controlled Substances Act. It's not clear if the bill could pass both chambers.

The outcome of two runoff elections in Georgia could determine how the issue might fare in the Senate, where Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has impeded its progress.

Other states are expected to consider marijuana legislation next year, which could put more pressure on Congress to act.

Supporters argue that the industry creates jobs and raises tax money to help prop up governments that are hurting because of business closures tied to the COVID-19 pandemic.

But some oppose broad legalization.

Republican Gov. Kristi Noem of South Dakota argued that marijuana leads people to use other, more-addictive drugs, while law enforcement officers and prosecutors in Montana asserted that legal pot would lead to more drugged driving and other crimes, while exacerbating mental health issues.

The Gallup Poll says just under half of Republicans, people who identify as politically conservative and those who attend church on a weekly basis say they think marijuana should be legal.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, widely known as the Mormon church, strongly opposed Arizona's broad legalization measure despite supporting medical marijuana in Utah.

Chris Nylen, 50, of Flagstaff, Arizona, is a Trump supporter who voted to legalize recreational marijuana. She said her feelings evolved after a CBD pill, made from hemp and prescribed by a veterinarian, eased her dog's anxiety and arthritis.

"I'm so old school," she said. "I personally don't have a desire for it, but (I'm) seeing the benefits for my dog."

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Everyone likes weed, yo.
Election underscores voter shift in favor of marijuana legalization

(Looks like someone got a new intern who wanted to use all the data presentation tools at once.)

I was going to make some snarky comment about Arizona and South Dakota going recreational before FloriDUH. Then I remembered super "progressive" New York ain't even close to getting adult use passed :rofl:

Also, how pissed are stoners in North Dakota? An arbitrary line in the sand separates a population of Dakotans that doesn't even total the number of people living in my third-tier city. Below that line, toke up without fear of imprisonment. Crazy stuff.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I was going to make some snarky comment about Arizona and South Dakota going recreational before FloriDUH. Then I remembered super "progressive" New York ain't even close to getting adult use passed :rofl:

Also, how pissed are stoners in North Dakota? An arbitrary line in the sand separates a population of Dakotans that doesn't even total the number of people living in my third-tier city. Below that line, toke up without fear of imprisonment. Crazy stuff.

Ah, super progressive Cuomo is only super progressive when it works to his advantage.

Now that NJ passed, he'll look like shit if he doesnt pass it, and he'll look like a hero from changing our "not even close" position to passing it... so... if we dont get it in April, or at least make serious steps towards it at this point, I'd be truly shocked.

florduh

Ah, super progressive Cuomo is only super progressive when it works to his advantage.

I wasn't gonna go there, but since you did... NY will get legal weed as soon as Cuomo finds a way to make some of his friends more rich in the process. I did hear the Dems now have a veto proof majority in the legislature, so maybe that will pressure Gov. Bowser.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I wasn't gonna go there, but since you did... NY will get legal weed as soon as Cuomo finds a way to make some of his friends more rich in the process. I did hear the Dems now have a veto proof majority in the legislature, so maybe that will pressure Gov. Bowser.

Lol - exactly.

BrianTL,
Reactions: florduh

Tranquility

The money won't be for him and his friends, it will be for The PEEPOLE!

Cuomo predicts New York will legalize marijuana this year, says state 'desperate for funding'

Speaking to WAMC, a public radio station headquartered in Albany, Mr. Cuomo said New York is going to be “desperate for funding” and likely to consider marijuana legalization as a solution.

Mr. Cuomo added that even further economic stimulus efforts from Congress and the possibility of Democratic nominee Joseph R. Biden becoming president will still leave New York needing money.

“Even with everything else, we’re still going to need funding, and it’s also the right policy. So I think we get there this year,” Mr. Cuomo said.

“I think the pressure is going to be on because we’re going to need the money so badly,” Mr. Cuomo continued. “And you have such a gap now, I think it’s going to be an easier conversation.”

ClearBlueLou

I think is easy to mistake the anti-drug behaviors of Dem politicians: they got hit hard by GOP for decades at every level for being “soft on crime”, and suffered greatly in elections because of it; I believe this is one of the reasons Obama made no effort to deschedule cannabis while he was in office (that and the GOP trope of ‘thug life’ and black “gangstas”): his “pro-drug” actions would have been mixed in heavily with the made-up vituperation.

Result, highly effective gaslighting of Dems on drugs, much like and as successful as the GOP gaslighting over taxing and spending & the fake concern over deficits during Dem administrations. Still no sign of GOP cannabis action not aimed at big-money investment windfalls

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

THCV: The Rare Cannabinoid That'll Conquer The Industry

The most well-known cannabinoids are CBD and THC, but there are actually over 100 known cannabinoids. Many of these cannabinoids have even stronger health benefits than CBD but, up until recently, they have been difficult to produce because they only exist in trace amounts.

Of these rare cannabinoids, THCV is among the most effective and sought after. Not to be confused with THC—the primary psychoactive compound found in cannabis—THCV can treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and osteoporosis. THCV also has the potential to disrupt numerous industries, including nutraceuticals, health food, cosmetics, and skincare. This article will explore the unique properties of THCV and what makes it so coveted.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Federal Marijuana Legalization Bill Will Get A Congressional Vote Next Week, Leader Announces

A bill to federally legalize marijuana will receive a full floor vote in the U.S. House of Representatives next week, a top Democratic leader in the chamber announced on Friday.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) said the chamber will take up the Marijuana Opportunity, Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act some time between Wednesday and Friday. The floor schedule announcement comes weeks after the leader first confirmed that the House would advance the proposal before the year’s end.

ClearBlueLou

How One of the Reddest States Became the Nation’s Hottest Weed Market

Big story in Politico about "Tokelahoma"! Who woulda thunk?

Okay, THIS is the closest thing I’ve seen to “my style” of legalization - although I saw nothing about growers’ rights (and yes, I’ve missed mentions of them before). I hope this model will win support!

Top Bottom