Cannabis News

florduh

At face value there’s nothing inherently bad about cutting with distillate (so long as it’s not a secret) but with so many people shopping on price, it usually allows the brand to make the same claim as a “hash rosin“ cartridge, while undercutting in price the brands using the pure uncut rosin. With little time for the average consumer to learn the difference, which collectively can put a strain on the craft producer.

You know, you're right. Being honest about using distillate is ok. Some of my favorite carts back in Cali were a mix of disty and HTFSE sauce. Sometimes, the terps are too damn high in these extracts for my throat to handle. Distillate can tamp down on that while adding potency.

I've started to see companies putting out really high cost "liquid diamond" carts. I'm not sure what the difference is between taking flavorless decarbed THC diamonds and adding terps and doing the same thing with 95%+ THC distillate.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I only use carts when I need the stealth on the road. At first all I could get was plain distillate, which got you high but there was no flavor. Not an exciting experience, but it got the job done when needed. I have tried them with added terps, but it's just not what I want.

I have bought the live resin carts and they are pretty nice. One of the benefits of using very good concentrates is they tend to come in high quality cartridges. My last resin came with the all ceramic wickless and ceramic mouthpiece which I prefer. What my local shop does is offer the live resin carts at $45 and live resin cut with some distillate carts for five dollars cheaper. Still better than distillate with bubble gum flavor, which are $15 bucks cheaper and have cartridges with metal parts.

florduh

One of the benefits of using very good concentrates is they tend to come in high quality cartridges. My last resin came with the all ceramic wickless and ceramic mouthpiece which I prefer.
Yes!
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Even better, there are carts coming out with no cotton involved too. The concentrate is wicked by either ceramic or SiC. So the oil only ever comes in contact with ceramic or glass. Silicone o-rings are being swapped out for Viton that can withstand the corrosive terp content of modern concentrates.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

Carrera3.0

Gray-area dispensaries selling, ‘giving away’ weed before it’s legal in NYC​

“We don’t sell weed here,” Shaheem Owens, the joint’s in-house “budtender,” told The Post with a straight face. “We sell digital art. Then we give you the cannabis as a present after you purchase the art.”

The “gifting” angle for skirting New York law has been a boon for the Barber Shop Museum and other gray-area dispensaries in the city, as well as a welcome new option for desperate potheads who just want to buy a bag without getting hassled.

All while lawmakers hash out how to fully legalize recreational sales of cannabis.

The Barber Shop sets prices for its artwork based on what type of weed a customer wants, with the ganja ranging from $40 to $100 for an eighth of an ounce. Staff members know their product — with names like Platinum OG and Wake and Bake — well.

“I’m pretty high right now,” said Owens. “I just walked toward the street and had a smoke. Most jobs I get, I make sure I don’t have to take a piss test.

“To get a job here you have to test positive,” he said, half-jokingly.

Over on Grand Street in Williamsburg, Gifted BK looks as sleek as an Apple store, with framed street-art pieces and a chill vibe. Like the Barber Shop Museum, where the weed concession is owned by some of the same people behind Gifted, it sells digital art and gives away the marijuana.

Adobewan

Man the PA Med Mj program just blew up the cart, distillate and liquid vape pen business in the state. I don't use them but from the length of the list looks like lots of folks do.

Withdrawal of products
Wow, not anymore.
If this is legit, as in “adulterated carts” sort of thing, I applaud it.
It this is just a crack down with no justification, it’s as criminal as civil forfeiture.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Man the PA Med Mj program just blew up the cart, distillate and liquid vape pen business in the state. I don't use them but from the length of the list looks like lots of folks do.

Withdrawal of products
This is absolutely meaningless unless they say to what additives they refer?
"Withdraw of Products Containing Additives Not Approved for Inhalation by the FDA"

OK, what additives? I'm in, of course, if it is vit E acetate which is what hurt folks around here. But you gotta say what you are disallowing...

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I only use carts when I need the stealth on the road. At first all I could get was plain distillate, which got you high but there was no flavor. Not an exciting experience, but it got the job done when needed. I have tried them with added terps, but it's just not what I want.

I have bought the live resin carts and they are pretty nice. One of the benefits of using very good concentrates is they tend to come in high quality cartridges. My last resin came with the all ceramic wickless and ceramic mouthpiece which I prefer. What my local shop does is offer the live resin carts at $45 and live resin cut with some distillate carts for five dollars cheaper. Still better than distillate with bubble gum flavor, which are $15 bucks cheaper and have cartridges with metal parts.
Carts can be great. My wife uses em to the exclusion of everything else, but she’ll only buy live resin carts with ceramic heating elements. She’s super picky.

I only use them for concerts or other out-and-about situations. They are perfect for gigs.

JBone65

The weed industry is totally out of control in Oklahoma. I like that the industry is wide open, it's nice having 2200 dispensaries isn
such a small state. Just bought an ounce of strawberry cough sativa for $90.

However, the law allows anyone to move here and pay only $2800 for a commercial growers license. That might have backfired to some degree. There are 9000+ licensed commercial growers operating here today (with only 2200 dispensaries?).

Very few growers have been or will be inspected. Who knows how much they grow and where the product ends up? Supposedly known commercial growers from many other states immediately set up operations here, as well as thousands of unknown individuals and organizations have come here.

A state with almost no rules causes problems for states with too many rules.

Supposedly commercial growing costs are down to $50/oz.

I suspect the average quality is decreasing due to less craft and more cold blooded business.

C No Ego

The weed industry is totally out of control in Oklahoma. I like that the industry is wide open, it's nice having 2200 dispensaries isn
such a small state. Just bought an ounce of strawberry cough sativa for $90.

However, the law allows anyone to move here and pay only $2800 for a commercial growers license. That might have backfired to some degree. There are 9000+ licensed commercial growers operating here today (with only 2200 dispensaries?).

Very few growers have been or will be inspected. Who knows how much they grow and where the product ends up? Supposedly known commercial growers from many other states immediately set up operations here, as well as thousands of unknown individuals and organizations have come here.

A state with almost no rules causes problems for states with too many rules.

Supposedly commercial growing costs are down to $50/oz.

I suspect the average quality is decreasing due to less craft and more cold blooded business.
just think what will happen if any person is allowed to grow without paying off the regulators - Oh the Thought ! free plants , Oh No

florduh

This is a problem in heavily regulated States too. Like Florida. Huge capital requirements mean we only have a handful of growers serving the entire State. Low competition means there's little incentive for these corporate chains to grow anything but mids.

It's funny that after moving to this "business friendly" State, I really only have access to corporate chains no matter what I'm buying. Weed, restaurants, grocery stores, retail. I went from being able to patronize a variety of small businesses to only chains.

shredder

This is a problem in heavily regulated States too. Like Florida. Huge capital requirements mean we only have a handful of growers serving the entire State. Low competition means there's little incentive for these corporate chains to grow anything but mids.

It's funny that after moving to this "business friendly" State, I really only have access to corporate chains no matter what I'm buying. Weed, restaurants, grocery stores, retail. I went from being able to patronize a variety of small businesses to only chains.

In my state I think quality will go up when consumers demand it. So far that is not happening. I doubt most users, especially new users, know quality buds from mids.

I havnt ever seen organic buds in any dispensary near me. Plus the buds look like hydro buds flowered just 6 weeks in a rush to get them out. I'm also hearing of underweight bags of weed and grams of concentrates.

florduh

In my state I think quality will go up when consumers demand it. So far that is not happening. I doubt most users, especially new users, know quality buds from mids.

You're right that education is part of the problem. But also, in places like FL, they sort of have you by the balls. Even if you want better buds and know what to look for, your only option is to buy from one of these corporate chains, or risk going to prison. Especially if you buy concentrates from anywhere but a government approved source. Then you're a felon.

I'm also hearing of underweight bags of weed and grams of concentrates.

As the corporate takeover of weed continues, I bet we see more and more of this. There's every incentive to. What percentage of customers are weighing their purchases? The benefits outweigh the risks for the corporation. Arguably any corporation that doesn't is violating their responsibility to their shareholders.

Bortz

Quite a few terpenes not allowed, why would a terpene not be allowed in a weed product?

I believe this is for non cannabis derived terpenes. There have been some new "flavored" carts.

It seems that most on the list of recalled products are those ones, I suspect using other plant based terpenes.

They recently allowed some specific pesticides to be used as well, a couple months ago.

All that being said, the testing for mycotoxins, pests, heavy metals (mass spectrometer), etc., I am grateful for.

PA is not the best MMJ, but has come light-years in the past two years. I know I'm getting tested, tracked, accountable product. Usually good quality as well.

I think there is an issue of knowing what to look for, when it comes to the committee that determines this stuff. It's as if they're getting up to speed on what determines "quality" and how grower/producers will cut corners.

But I give them this, the state committee has had a relatively active role in managing the program. I'm still figuring out who's interest they have at heart.

JBone65

I'm afraid the Oklahoma market is self regulated at best, there aren't any basic health regulations that I can find, no minimum standards, no enforcement concerning quality.

It's hard to imagine how much weed can be grown by 9000+ licensed commercial growers. Several of the outfits on the local news had 10-15 large greenhouses next to homes. It's taxing all of the local water and utility infrastructures. After two years the OMMA plans to hire more inspectors to inspect everyone and track commercial plants, mostly for tax purposes. They can't get around to checking on legal licensees, illegal grow operations don't have much to worry about.

I can't attach a screenshot right now, but a nearby dispensary is selling 1g Poppy Jack Herer vape oil cartridges for $7.99. I'm guessing these are high in vitamin E acetate and should be illegal.

Summer

Long Island, NY

florduh

This pale imitation of his father is correct, but his party controlled every lever of power in Washington a few years ago. Why wasn't it legalized then? They might still be in power if they had.

I've found it very funny that Mitch McConnel made it legal to buy Delta-8 THC gummies at gas stations nationwide. But according to Curly Sue over here, it sounds like he bamboozled Mitch into legalizing it?

florduh,
Reactions: Planck

Summer

Long Island, NY

GetLeft

I didn't watch the game, but who doesn't love Willie.

Would have been special if you had : )

I believe this is for non cannabis derived terpenes. There have been some new "flavored" carts.
PA is not the best MMJ, but has come light-years in the past two years. I know I'm getting tested, tracked, accountable product. Usually good quality as well.
I visited a dispy last week and the clerk explained that the issue was with products that added fda unapproved terpenes into pa approved cannabis products. Cannabis products (like the live budders and sugars that I like to have around) that already contain the terpenes are fine.

I’m around 1.5 yrs. Into the pa mm experience. The product has been all good, albeit I haven’t been chasing deals and sticking with the standard menu fare. What I don’t like is 1) the cost to be in the program, 2) the $$$ of the products and 3) the increasingly por service the dispensaries provide. State beaurocracy at its finest.

Top Bottom