Cannabis News

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Visiting Patients: Patients who can prove they are registered in another medical marijuana state with a regulated program may apply for and be issued a temporary, 30-day, medical marijuana license for a $100 fee.

What happens after 30 days? Do you just have to keep renewing it every month as long as you are in the state, or is 30 days all you get and you're outa luck after that?

*edit*
Oh, I see. They let you renew the license every two years once you're permanent. Shit, never mind.

Last edited:

1nd3cEnt

"Temporary licenses are valid for 30 days, but cannot exceed the expiration date of the out-of-state license. Temporary applicants may not renew their license. They must submit a new application upon expiration of their temporary license. Applications can be submitted within one week prior to the expiration of the temporary license."

JBone65

@JBone65 How does Oklahoma treat out of state? Do they honor out of state med licenses? Can visitors to the state get access/medical licenses?
The medical license is an obvious revenue generating scheme. You pay for the privilege of buying, and you better have a license or you get a $400 fine if/when caught.

Charging $100 for a 30 day non-resident license is pretty steep. Anyone can drive into Colorado and buy an ounce at a time, no questions asked.

As far as I can tell, Oklahoma doesn't restrict the amount you can buy per visit, so maybe a 30-day license could be useful in certain situations. Maybe the following also serves as a maximum purchase limit, not sure.

Oklahoma also allows:
  • Up to 8 ounces of marijuana at home
  • Up to 3 ounces of marijuana on their person
  • Up to 1 ounce of concentrated marijuana
  • Up to 72 ounces of edible marijuana
  • Up to 6 mature marijuana plants
  • Up to 6 seedling plants
I saw a news story about how the wide open laws have made it easy for overly industrious outsiders (criminals??) to move in here and set up large grow facilities, essentially using the lax law and lax enforcement as cover for a large illegal operation. Law enforcement is on the case, etc.

Makes sense doesn't it? A red state doesn't just legalize weed, it sets up a cumbersome system to generate maximum revenue from users, with lax laws and enforcement that make it easy for nefarious growers to prosper. I'm guessing several politicians are secretly in the business.

I have no direct knowledge, but I have minimal confidence in any testing done here. I'm guessing there are health risks with concentrates sold here. I also wonder about health risks from commercial flower grown in such a competitive environment with no supervision.

I mentioned previously that I bought 3 ounces of excellent 24% Durbin Poison for $165 each in mid-2020. Thought I got ripped off at the time, but looking back, that was the best weed I've bought here. Paid less for mislabeled inferior weed after that and regretted it. I'm going back to that shop, plus I'm gonna take a closer look at the testing documents. I noticed the test sheets can look different from place to place, sometimes they look like copies and do not include a picture. The good weed had a proper test sheet.

Sorry for writing so much. 🤔

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
testing is always misleading, don't put all your weight into that... more often than not, the samples being tested are way more pollenated/keifed up than what is in the package. Additionally, everyone processes weed differently. Strains testing lower don't always get you less stoned or high.

MinnBobber

florduh

testing is always misleading, don't put all your weight into that... more often than not, the samples being tested are way more pollenated/keifed up than what is in the package. Additionally, everyone processes weed differently. Strains testing lower don't always get you less stoned or high.

I'm more concerned about pesticides, solvents, heavy metals. As a member of the Church of the Full Spectrum, I've never paid much mind to straight THC percentages. My favorite concentrates are all around 60-70% THC max.

I'm talking out of my ass here, but it seems like setting up a testing regime doesn't have to be super difficult. Set safety standards producers must adhere to. Hire a bunch of "secret shoppers" who will purchase products for testing. Let producers know the financial consequences for a failed test. Just putting the fear of god into producers a bit would be enough to set my mind at ease, as a consumer.

JBone65

Looks like we need a “Thanks for your service and sacrifice button.”
I apologize. My comments weren't clear. I wish I had served. Turned 18 during the crazy Viet Nam war. Had a low number but wasn't drafted, gladly found something else to do. I was referring to the DEA's excellent decision to spray Mexican pot fields with agent orange, or something similar. You know your government cares for you when they do that.

C No Ego

Paraquat. The motherfuckers. I will never forgive the US govt for that gift...
wishy washy Gov and everyone is claiming only Gov weed is safe ( The Fuck?!) and to trust tested cannabis only approved by Gov ( Taxed/irradiated) ). that is all I see on mainstream website4s and comment boards the internet over ... one Day the Gov poisons everyone ( willingly/purposefully ) then the next day we rely on them to show poisons via testing etc....

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
wishy washy Gov and everyone is claiming only Gov weed is safe ( The Fuck?!) and to trust tested cannabis only approved by Gov ( Taxed/irradiated) ). that is all I see on mainstream website4s and comment boards the internet over ... one Day the Gov poisons everyone ( willingly/purposefully ) then the next day we rely on them to show poisons via testing etc....
The saddest part is those exact same pesticides are all over our food and nobody bats an eye. And tons of food is heated to the same temps as vaped weed.

I just can’t believe people truly think those popcorn “smalls” are testing at 37.9% THC 🤣🤣🤣

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm a little confused about what you are after here. Is it your preference that the cannabis you buy in dispensaries is not checked for heavy metals and pesticides, microbiological impurities (yeast, mold, bacteria, fungi, etc) and it's active ingredients measured? This testing is the only reason I am willing to pay the tax burden added to the cost of our goods. I would certainly like that burden to be less but I am willing to pay it if it provides me some benefit, like safety. People being what they are are trying to make money by growing and selling this wondrous flower and I don't happen to trust them all that they will do the right thing and, for example, throw out that moldy crop that was not carefully managed, or use only a water source that is clean and tested, or eschew pesticides to protect their investment.
If the government is allowing the sale of cannabis as medicine, the least they can do is try and be sure it isn't going to poison us. I hope that over time its methods and analysis becomes more accurate and effective, but I am not threatened by their involvement after authorizing it. When they decide that they want to limit the THC content, that's when we can have a loud argument about their involvement.

florduh

If we had a system where weed is only or mostly sold by small producers at farmers markets, I'd be fine throwing out the whole concept of safety testing. But in the world we live in, corporations are taking over the industry. They're going to cut any corner they can to increase their profit margin.

55e2fd9ee2e3e7cac1d3424946f63109.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The problem with lab tests is people were already caught doctoring them as soon as they were mandated here in California. I used to be into them, (enough to even read the full HPLC results from the analytical lab, when offered - and not just the three numbers on the box) but I don’t see what could be credible about them now when buds the size of my fingernail claim to have 40% cannabinoids.

Lab tests are definitely being doctored, too much money in the industry not to. The idea is we need lab tests because these big profit driven corporations might cut some corners somewhere; and it’s a nice idea, but ask yourself: is this same shady venture really just gonna let some lowly lab technician fail their mega crop?

Like most things in life - If you want clean cannabis, you have to do it yourself.

That said, not all commercial stuff is awful. But I find you do generally have to buy the most expensive stuff to get anything good. Especially if safety is the concern.

The other problem with lab tests is they don’t show what isn’t being tested for. Most of the budget stuff (especially CBD hemp) is machine trimmed, and you might be surprised to find out what those blades are lubricated with. Yet it’s not popping up on any lab tests... cause they aren’t testing for it.

Also, FWIW the lab tests were one of the first things that forced out small craft growers who couldn’t afford the upfront fees.

Last edited:

florduh

The other problem with lab tests is they don’t show what isn’t being tested for. Most of the budget stuff (especially CBD hemp) is machine trimmed, and you might be surprised to find out what those blades are lubricated with. Yet it’s not popping up on any lab tests... cause they aren’t testing for it.

This is why I cooled it on the Delta-8 THC hemp stuff. It's made with reagents converting CBD to D8. And from what I've seen, no vendor tests for these residual reagents in the final product. Insane.

It's a shame, because it's a great cannabinoid to inhale. I'll still use it for cheap edibles though. I'm less concerned about what I eat than what I inhale. Our entire food supply is rife with pesticides, heavy metals, and god knows what else. I just hope my liver is up to the task of filtering out those poisons. Inhalation concerns me more. But unless you live in the middle of nowhere, it's hard to avoid inhaling poison on the way to the grocery store.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The problem with lab tests is people were already caught doctoring them as soon as they were mandated here in California. I used to be into them, (enough to even read the full HPLC results from the analytical lab, when offered - and not just the three numbers on the box) but I don’t see what could be credible about them now when buds the size of my fingernail claim to have 40% cannabinoids.
I get what you are saying but I still think it is way better than the wild west with no effort at all made to control for unsafe product. I have seen black market product that was frightening. Not everyone even looks for mold or even knows how it appears.

shredder

Our entire food supply is rife with pesticides, heavy metals, and god knows what else.

Liquor should cure that.

. I just hope my liver is up to the task of filtering out those poisons

Nevermind, lol.

Imo labs are shaky here in mi too. Fortunately our state does suspend licenses when they catch them. I've seen pesticides overlooked, and numbers fudged, but we only see when they catch someone. Who knows what gets by the state?

C No Ego

Lab tests are definitely being doctored, too much money in the industry not to. The idea is we need lab tests because these big profit driven corporations might cut some corners somewhere; and it’s a nice idea, but ask yourself: is this same shady venture really just gonna let some lowly lab technician fail their mega crop?

Like most things in life - If you want clean cannabis, you have to do it yourself.

That said, not all commercial stuff is awful. But I find you do generally have to buy the most expensive stuff to get anything good. Especially if safety is the concern.

Also, FWIW the lab tests were one of the first things that forced out small craft growers who couldn’t afford the upfront fees.

then we turn to those big profit driven corp' labs to determine what chems they have been applying to their profit driven weed ... bias there to say the least
I'm a little confused about what you are after here. Is it your preference that the cannabis you buy in dispensaries is not checked for heavy metals and pesticides, microbiological impurities (yeast, mold, bacteria, fungi, etc) and it's active ingredients measured? This testing is the only reason I am willing to pay the tax burden added to the cost of our goods. I would certainly like that burden to be less but I am willing to pay it if it provides me some benefit, like safety. People being what they are are trying to make money by growing and selling this wondrous flower and I don't happen to trust them all that they will do the right thing and, for example, throw out that moldy crop that was not carefully managed, or use only a water source that is clean and tested, or eschew pesticides to protect their investment.
If the government is allowing the sale of cannabis as medicine, the least they can do is try and be sure it isn't going to poison us. I hope that over time its methods and analysis becomes more accurate and effective, but I am not threatened by their involvement after authorizing it. When they decide that they want to limit the THC content, that's when we can have a loud argument about their involvement.
one day poison the people deliberately and the next day the people demand the same people who poison us to verify if its safe or not via testing for poisons

florduh

I don't trust the government. I just trust corporations even less. And even in a totally unregulated market, big corporations are going to take over the industry, and force many smaller, more honest producers out of business.

Are we just going to trust that these companies won't spray every crop with Monsanto juice? Because if some guy in the Finance Department says doing so will generate enough extra profit that the CEO can buy a new yacht next summer, they're going to do it. Every fucking time.

Homegrow is an obvious solution to this, but not everybody has the space to do so even where it is legal.

I dunno what to do about all of this, but I don't think it should be impossible to ensure we have access to relatively clean medicine. Maybe I'm wrong.

shredder

Here in my state a dispensary group has paid pols pushing bills to eliminate caregivers, such as myself. Like I'm a threat to mega weed, lol.

JBone65

Weed is probably worth a lot more being partially legal. You wouldn't attract attention unless trying to sell it, then potentily competing directly with police, politicians, etc.

Even in a red state, the penalties are less severe and not many homes are being raided. Compared to the past, this is heaven. 😃

Last edited:
Top Bottom