Cannabis News

florduh

Weed is probably worth a lot more being partially legal.

Even in a red state, the penalties are less severe and not many homes are being raided. Compared to the past, this is heaven. šŸ˜ƒ

Yeah I bitch about the Florida medical program, but just 3 years ago I was risking a felony prison sentence for carrying around a .5 gram cart. Now a weed van drops off meds at my house a couple times per month.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Who in their right mind would waste good edibles on Children?

Last edited:

Adobewan

Who in their right mind would waste good edibles on Children?
I'd think you'd have more incidences where it was accidental, some of that packaging in the article would get past me.
Are edibles still packaged like that?
I wouldn't want whiskey made in boxes that were indistinguishable from kid's apple juice boxes, particularly if you couldn't tell till well after you finished the contents.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
The only things I see that are still packaged like that are black/grey market goods, usually fake carts. It's a good rule of thumb that if a THC product has super cheesy copyright infringing packaging its not legit.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Grade school teacher mistakenly put cannabis gummies in her class goody bag. Fortunately none of the kids ingested any. My first thought was that the teacher was using some herself that day to do something that stupid.......... But then again the gummies were called ā€œStoney Patch Kidsā€.

His_Highness,

Razhumikin

Grade school teacher mistakenly put cannabis gummies in her class goody bag. Fortunately none of the kids ingested any. My first thought was that the teacher was using some herself that day to do something that stupid.......... But then again the gummies were called ā€œStoney Patch Kidsā€.

They shouldve named them sour diesel patch kids

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I still don't see how someone could not notice the difference in the name before giving them to kids.

Ramahs

Look at the image of the products in the article.

I did. And I've had some products that looked just like them. There are noticeable differences in the name.

How the hell does someone confuse Sour Patch Kids with Stoner Patch Kids?!?

Ramahs,

Adobewan

I did. And I've had some products that looked just like them. There are noticeable differences in the name.

How the hell does someone confuse Sour Patch Kids with Stoner Patch Kids?!?

Doritos.jpg
Those Cheetos and Doritos are barely distinguishable from the originals.

Last edited:

jbm

If the junk food companies really cared theyā€™d throw a bunch of money at it til it goes away. Thatā€™s how Gorilla Glue #4 turned into GG4.
I really donā€™t get why weed companies do this. Whatā€™s the point? Is it supposed to be funny? I mean you have a situation here where kids really could eat this stuff. You think some kid is going to figure out that this isnā€™t a regular bag of Doritos? I really donā€™t get what the value to the consumer is here. It just seems like ā€œhurr hurr Weed Cheetosā€ type shit. It seems completely irresponsible to me, as well as one of the clearest cases of trademark infringement Iā€™ve ever seen.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If the junk food companies really cared theyā€™d throw a bunch of money at it til it goes away. Thatā€™s how Gorilla Glue #4 turned into GG4.
That shouldn't be necessary. Why should they have to spend that money. This is a consumer protection issue and should be handled by the government. That is what we pay taxes for. This isn't just to steal business from the legitimate businesses, this is a danger to the public. Yes, it is the responsibility of parents to guard against their kids getting to these "treats", but we already know perfectly well that parents can't always be trusted to do the smart thing. Not all parents are smart.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I really donā€™t get why weed companies do this. Whatā€™s the point? Is it supposed to be funny? I mean you have a situation here where kids really could eat this stuff. You think some kid is going to figure out that this isnā€™t a regular bag of Doritos? I really donā€™t get what the value to the consumer is here. It just seems like ā€œhurr hurr Weed Cheetosā€ type shit. It seems completely irresponsible to me, as well as one of the clearest cases of trademark infringement Iā€™ve ever seen.

Its just easy marketing that works for the demographic who buys those black market edibles. No licensed brand is doing stuff like that (anymore šŸ˜‚ )

Those are all packaging from Alibaba and DHgate - thatā€™s why I wish this community would stop ordering bongs and stuff from there which only serves to perpetuate that thriving knock off industry... but nobody cares.

This is a consumer protection issue and should be handled by the government.

Well theyā€™re Out To Lunch.

And the gov is historically bad at protecting consumers. Itā€™s almost like thatā€™s their real job šŸ¤”

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

shredder

Your second link is pure hype. Cannabis stocks and etf's have gone down most of this year. Not the best of times to launch an ipo.

I've been watching for a bottom since a lot of the initial interest faded but they're, as a group still going down. Many are predicting bankruptcies and mergers eventually.

For what it's worth I'm no stock expert, but I'm all in with cannabis, lol.

Ramahs

View attachment 13977
Those Cheetos and Doritos are barely distinguishable from the originals.

You say that, ignoring the THC label proudly displayed on the front of every one. lol
It's even fucking circled in the pics :dog:

Kinda hard to miss. I find it quite irresponsible when people don't even read the bags that they give to kids.
They might as well give cigarettes to the kids, because the idiots thought it was candy cigarettes. lol

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You say that, ignoring the THC label proudly displayed on the front of every one. lol
It's even fucking circled in the pics
A child isn't going to notice that, or even know what it means if they do. The concern isn't that adults will mistake them, tho that isn't impossible either, it is that kids of irresponsible adults (who leave them out or accessible) will mistake them. The point is why make the packaging look similar at all? It is not a similar product. Call them "Stoney Doritos" if you want, and use different colors. How hard is that. I'm not usually a "save the children" kinda guy, but this is just stupid and totally unnecessary. Changing the packaging isn't even going to reduce sales, people know what they are looking for when purchasing them I would think.

Ramahs

A child isn't going to notice that, or even know what it means if they do. The concern isn't that adults will mistake them, tho that isn't impossible either, it is that kids of irresponsible adults (who leave them out or accessible) will mistake them. The point is why make the packaging look similar at all? It is not a similar product. Call them "Stoney Doritos" if you want, and use different colors. How hard is that. I'm not usually a "save the children" kinda guy, but this is just stupid and totally unnecessary. Changing the packaging isn't even going to reduce sales, people know what they are looking for when purchasing them I would think.

Maybe I misunderstood the article we were discussing. I thought it was about adults accidentally giving edibles to kids.

Ramahs,
Reactions: cybrguy
Top Bottom