Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've noticed if you are caught-up with a thread, the thread title remains un-bolded. Or an easier way to say it, if there are new posts in a thread, the title is bolded in the list of threads.

OK, I'm medicated. Move along, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@FlyingLow, you don't standalone on this. I want all cannabis news articles going forward to be in the Cannabis News thread, solely. I'm not gonna watch 50 US state threads & 160 country threads to get an idea of what's happening in my country & others. I'll start a poll in a little later & we'll see what the majority thinks. I'll link it here.

If we do bring them together, maybe have a "rule" of putting the location or entity in the first line so a person searching for issues in a single state or country can still get a sense of the discussion and path.

This ^^ or even cross-posting to individual threads: US states, Canada, EU, Asia, Africa, South America, etc.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Just the "states" threads? I frequent several that might qualify but I would prefer to have the "For anyone interested in medical cannabis news from Florida" remain separate since I live in Florida and don't want to search or sift through a thread for the Florida specific posts.

Well, that thread does exist in the Medical discussion Forum. This general cannabis news thread in no way affects the thread topics in the Medical forum. I see no conflict. I don't frequent the Medical forum so unless the post's OP crossposts the link back to the Cannabis News thread, I'll just miss that particular article.

Here's the FL Medical thread if interested:

LINK

So, I was thinking about a poll setup. I don't know if there really is a poll to be had. If we were to go with 50 separate state threads ... apart from a Canada thread ... it wouldn't be fair to other members to lump them into categories like EU, etc. because someone in France may not care about what's happening in Spain or someone in UK doesn't about Portugal. (Lousy analogies I know, but you get the drift.) All I can think of is, if we have separate Country & State threads, the OPs can crosspost/link their posts 'back' to the Cannabis News, but 'only if' they think the article has general value. So the onus is dependent on the members being vigilante in remembering to cross post back to the CN thread. And, it would be great if everyone remembers to put the region as the 1st line of the pist [i.e. EU, FR(ance), NY, FL, etc. (but don't forget to differntiate between CA & CA. :D)] Or even how about using the flag smilies as the 1st post entry. This is the best, & maybe only, alternative I can think of.

EDITED to add: I just thought of something that would keep the thread clutter down. How about if ALL individual State/Country news/posts are relegated to only '1' thread. Right now for CA on the OG FC, there are several small or med. threads that can be incorporated into 1 thread. But this, too, will fall on the members to be cognizant of. Now, of course if they're stoned, all bets are off. :leaf::doh: :lol:

Feedback guys?

@Stu, if you desire, take a look at my above post, then this post & then @Vapor Eyes post below. Any suggestions for keeping us decluttered/consolidated/organized? Or is it a losing battle.

Last edited:
Summer,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have been thinking about the same topic and almost suggested the same thing. It’s a tricky topic but I think it’s important for each thread to exist.

I thought about suggesting consolidating the cannabis news threads for adult recreational use states and countries because not much news is happening and they aren’t very active. The states where progress is still being made will have more active threads and more reason for participation.

The reason I didn’t make the suggestion is that in the end I think the value of this community is the wealth of knowledge. There is also value in a thread for more general cannabis news that isn’t location specific. Fuck Combustion had a lot of threads and a lot of knowledge. The value wasn’t in how well it was organized or how few threads there were to follow, rather the value was/is the abundance of knowledge available to those willing to do a little digging. :twocents:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I have been thinking about the same topic and almost suggested the same thing. It’s a tricky topic but I think it’s important for each thread to exist.

I don't think it's tricky in the least because each thread still exists in it's entirety - except it's just located in the applicable state thread.

Although these are current news articles, running the gamut from political to legal to health to economic to sociological issues to cultivation & on & on, I see no reason these threads can't reside in State threads.

The reason I didn’t make the suggestion is that in the end I think the value of this community is the wealth of knowledge.

I agree 100% - But the knowledge is still there regardless of it's thread location. Just been thinking about if there is a more orderly thread presentation possible. That's all.

The value wasn’t in how well it was organized or how few threads there were to follow, rather the value was/is the abundance of knowledge available to those willing to do a little digging. :twocents:

That's probably what it is for me: I don't want to have to dig. I want CN to be easy reading; laying/lying-back & like reading a magazine. Maybe a little :leaf:& a drink. If I wanted to dig, I'd use Google search. :rolleyes:

(I should insert here that while I love the new website software features, the OG FC worked 200x better on a phone. So anything that consolidates the NFC thread data is right up my alley. I'm gonna make a post in the near future listing the cons of the NFC software vs. FC functionality when using a phone. It's not enjoyable to me. But, regardless, the new software is a step into the future. Like going from DOS to Windows 3.)

Since I can only do things the way I think right, (i.e. my way), I'm gonna handle posting my replies in the way I suggested in my previous post. I'll will be sure to cross post between threads when I think it will be beneficial to the Medical crowd. :tup:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Although these are current news articles, running the gamut from political to legal to health to economic to sociological issues to cultivation & on & on, I see no reason these threads can't reside in State threads.
The reason, at least for me, is I am unlikely to READ the Virginia thread (if there is one). Many things are state specific, but things that are not but I am still interested in will be missed if they are in state threads. If we are talking about federal laws, for example, they need to have a place that is above the state threads.

CybrGuy,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent

Residents in nine of the 11 states that have legalized the adult use of cannabis have no regrets about ending prohibition. In fact, according to a new survey, large majorities now deem the move a whopping success.

In Colorado and Washington, the first states to legalize (in 2012), voters responded with two thumbs up. In Colorado, 71% of those asked said they considered legalization a success, while only 17% saw it as a failure. In Washington, 65% counted it a success, with only 18% considering it a failure.

Tranquility

Love the responses by the dispensaries. Not anger, but continued support for the message of the movement. Strong stuff.
I'm not sure they know the true costs as yet. Insurance does not often cover the risk of riot. And, even while some property insurance may cover the loss from the riot, they may not cover for terrorism. If the terrorist label Orange Man Bad is trying to stick to Antifa and if that is enough to declare the riots terrorist acts, even the insurance products that cover riots may not compensate them unless they have a terrorism endorsement.

What the IRS will do with the losses is anyone's guess. The law only really allows for the expense for Cost of Goods Sold as a reduction in a cannabis dispensary's income. How to Account for Stolen Inventory
I don't know if it is GAAP-approved, but it seems such a loss (stolen inventory) CAN be a part of COGS if the loss is materially small. If the loss is large, or significant, it is an expense on the income statement. Again, COGS are deductible by cannabis retailers and simple expenses are not.

Gunky

The White House Is Reviewing CBD And Marijuana Research Guidance From FDA

The White House is currently reviewing a federal plan for marijuana and CBD research.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) submitted draft guidance on the issue last week to the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
They are so far behind the curve on this! People are taking it all over the place and it's being given out like candy. Now they are telling us they are doing due diligence? My ass. How long have they had to do 'due diligence' and how far have they gotten on it? :rolleyes: Cheezit! If you want good research on the thing, admit that people are already widely using it, remove the legal sanctions that make research such a pain, and let us all get on with it.

Last edited:

Tranquility

They are so far behind the curve on this! People are taking it all over the place and it's being given out like candy. Now they are telling us they are doing due diligence? My ass. How long have they had to do 'due diligence' and how far have they gotten on it? :rolleyes: Cheezit! If you want good research on the thing, admit that people are already widely using it, remove the legal sanctions that make research such a pain, and let us all get on with it.
Now, do hydroxychloroquine.

Just because some level of people think something is safe enough to use when considered against the cost/benefit it may provide, does not mean we should just do it.

Administrations since the '20s (federally) have been wrong on cannabis. That's changing. They've been worse than wrong, but actively evil on the lack of studying the drug since the '70s. There is no justification to not intensively fund studies on the federal level in regards to cannabis and its constituent parts. We have to change the laws on this safe and effective drug both in a medicinal way and in a recreational way.

They still have to go through the proper steps or it is simply mob rule. Just as Orange Man Bad was snapped back on some immigration issues for the SOLE reason he did not take the proper steps and make the proper findings to change the regulations, so too would those who want to change things quickly rather than in the way we use for all other drugs.

Just because I choose differently on cannabis (And, hydroxychloroquine protocol if I do happen to get the Covid Crud because of the lack of social distancing in the protests.) does not mean that is the way society should go. As my dad used to tell me, "Slow and steady wins the race. " When I read it now it seems stupid. I mean, the race may not always be to the swift or the battle to the strong; but, that's the way to bet. Still, it's what my dad told me and I'm sticking with it.

Tranquility,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Men who smoke weed regularly might be infusing their semen with THC
To help answer whether or not THC can be detected in semen, researchers at Harvard Medical School recruited 12 healthy, long-term and heavy cannabis users who had consumed the plant by inhalation anywhere from 25 to 30 days during the last month.

Their findings? Yes, THC can be detected in semen.
Yikes. Men who smoke weed regularly might be infusing their semen with THC

Guess that explains why my semen keeps stopping off at Krispy Cream first.....

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
$31m... NOT ENOUGH!

Whats that? Like 1 month of revenue? NOT ENOUGH
You do realize, of course, that this is coming from the taxes, not the top line of the industry sales. And it is only a portion of that. For an industry that has only had it's doors open for 5 months I think this is a pretty impressive effort towards helping the communities damaged by the war on drugs.

Guess that explains why my semen keeps stopping off at Krispy Cream first.....
Yeah, I thought my women getting giddy afterward was something else...

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
New lawsuit aims to force DEA to reschedule marijuana

[T]he DEA has for decades now “applied the wrong legal standard in determining whether a drug has a ‘currently accepted medical use’ under the Controlled Substances Act,” the law that since 1970 has classified cannabis as a Schedule I Drug, defined as having “no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse.

==================================================================================

Attorney General Pressed On Rescheduling Drugs And Legalizing Marijuana By House Judiciary Chair

Two key House lawmakers sent a letter to the attorney general on Friday, condemning the recent expansion of Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) authority amid mass protests and criticizing the agency’s objectives as out of step with the movement to legalize marijuana and reschedule other drugs.

And on Monday, two other House members wrote a similar letter, urging that the broader authority policy allowing DEA to conduct covert surveillance of protestors and “enforce any federal crime committed as a result of the protests” be rescinded and suggesting that Congress reevaluate the types of policies the agency should be able to enforce, including drug prohibition.

Last edited:
Top Bottom