Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
FDA Notifies Public About Recall Of CBD Product That Tested High For Lead
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is publicizing a voluntary recall of a CBD product, notifying consumers about potentially high levels of lead in a batch of tinctures that were tested by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

The federal agency reported on Friday that Summitt Labs, which produces a wide range of hemp-derived cannabidiol products, voluntarily pulled a batch of its Kore Organic watermelon tincture after the state agriculture department conducted a test on a random sample and found high levels of lead, which when ingested can cause various symptoms such as pain, nausea and kidney damage.

=======================================================================================
Canadian study finds that enzymes in cannabis could treat COVID-19

The study, published in peer journal Preprints, was conducted by the scientists in April, and the results were released in a non-peer-reviewed, preclinical study titled “In Search of Preventative Strategies: Novel Anti-Inflammatory High-CBD Cannabis Sativa Extracts Modulate ACE2 Expression in COVID-19 Gateway Tissues” earlier this month, according to a release from pharmaceutical research company Pathway RX.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Uruguay exports largest-ever shipment of high-THC flower, but buyer remains a mystery

A shipment of medical cannabis exported from Uruguay in late 2019 to Europe is raising eyebrows, both about the buyer’s identity and the cargo’s sheer size.

The 1,000-kilogram (2,205-pound) shipment of high-THC cannabis flower was legally exported from Uruguay to Portugal late last year, according to Uruguayan customs documents viewed by Marijuana Business Daily.

blackstone

(28 Feb, The Guardian)
Malawi legalises cannabis amid hopes of fresh economic growth

Law change hailed by supporters as chance for country to benefit from rising global demand for medicinal cannabis products

Malawi has passed a bill decriminalising cannabis for medicinal and industrial purposes, almost five years after a motion to legalise industrial hemp was adopted.

The country follows in the footsteps of Zimbabwe, Zambia and Lesotho, neighbouring south-east African states that have legalised medicinal cannabis, as well as South Africa, where medicinal and recreational use was decriminalised in 2018.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Anyone else find the number of Weed News threads a bit overwhelming??

I travel a LOT for work, and the way this is going, I am going to have to manage 50 thread subscriptions just to keep up with the national weed stories... I would so much appreciate being able to consolidate all this information into one source of information, rather than juggling all the individual subscriptions for each state.

...I may stand alone on this topic; what is everyone else's opinion on this?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I travel a LOT for work, and the way this is going, I am going to have to manage 50 thread subscriptions just to keep up with the national weed stories... I would so much appreciate being able to consolidate all this information into one source of information, rather than juggling all the individual subscriptions for each state.

Here you go!

Ramahs,
Reactions: Whisper

Tranquility

If there is some way to bring all the threads together, wouldn't we also need some way to discriminate among the entities? I'm not sure how much a Californian would care about how things are going in West Virginia. (Or, Malawi for instance.) If we do bring them together, maybe have a "rule" of putting the location or entity in the first line so a person searching for issues in a single state or country can still get a sense of the discussion and path.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Just the "states" threads? I frequent several that might qualify but I would prefer to have the "For anyone interested in medical cannabis news from Florida" remain separate since I live in Florida and don't want to search or sift through a thread for the Florida specific posts.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Will Israel fully legalize use of cannabis?

For the first time in years, there is a real chance that cannabis will be fully legalized.

Of the 34 new ministers, including the prime minister, 19 support fully or to some extent legalization of cannabis use, or at least the regularization of the medical cannabis market; six are undecided, with a tendency to support it; five have not declared their position in any organized manner; and only three have declared that they oppose the legalization idea.

MinnBobber

Will Israel fully legalize use of cannabis?

For the first time in years, there is a real chance that cannabis will be fully legalized.

That would be great as Israel is a world leader in cannabis research, so it would be nice if they matched that with full legal....allow their citizens to reap all the benefits of cannabis!!!!??

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Study: Adult-Use Legalization Associated with Decline in Youth Treatment Admissions

The enactment of adult-use cannabis legalization laws is not associated with an increase in marijuana-related youth drug treatment admissions, according to data published in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence.

A pair of researchers from Temple University assessed annual drug treatments admissions among youth for the years 2008 to 2017.

Investigators reported: "Over all states in the analysis, the rate of adolescent treatment admissions for marijuana use declined significantly over the study period, with the mean rate falling nearly in half. The decline in admissions rate was greater in Colorado and Washington compared to non-RML (recreational marijuana law) states" following the enactment of adult-use legalization policies.

blackstone

Tranquility

Ancient shrine reveals how marijuana was used to evoke "religious ecstasy"

Abstract: Two limestone monoliths, interpreted as altars, were found in the Judahite shrine at Tel Arad. Unidentified dark material preserved on their upper surfaces was submitted for organic residue analysis at two unrelated laboratories that used similar established extraction methods. On the smaller altar, residues of cannabinoids such as Δ9-teterahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) were detected, along with an assortment of terpenes and terpenoids, suggesting that cannabis inflorescences had been burnt on it. Organic residues attributed to animal dung were also found, suggesting that the cannabis resin had been mixed with dung to enable mild heating. The larger altar contained an assemblage of indicative triterpenes such as boswellic acid and norursatriene, which derives from frankincense. The additional presence of animal fat―in related compounds such as testosterone, androstene and cholesterol―suggests that resin was mixed with it to facilitate evaporation. These well-preserved residues shed new light on the use of 8th century Arad altars and on incense offerings in Judah during the Iron Age.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

I kinda like the states separated with a general cannabis news thread. There is often a lot of state specific news, like when a state changes their laws, that may not be very interesting to people in other states. If the mods would rather consolidate the threads I wouldn't object, but there is value in separate ones, it seems to me.

Top Bottom