Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

greenganja

Speaking of the Auber.. Good choice. Anyone considering a ball vape, I would highly recommend getting a PID with a knob/dial.
I know some people say they generally leave it at one temp during the whole bowl, or even just roast the entire bowl in one hit, but I LOVE temp stepping with this vape. I've been using the OG NewVape Showerhead since it came out and now the CH B1 and have tried many different configurations/temps/etc. and I always come back to temp stepping. (Increasing anywhere between 10-20 degrees Fahrenheit between hits depending on how moist the weed is). The more practice I got doing this, the better I got at targeting certain cannabinoids (ranges at least), giving me even more control over my "high". I also find my "highs" are more drawn out rather than a fast onset and fast come down.

Of course, you can still temp-step on a PID without a knob, but I always found it cumbersome; especially on the controllers with the little up and down arrows, so I usually ended up staying within a short temperature range. With the knob you have very good control. Increase it by 1 degree at a time, or flick/turn it quickly and it increases a bunch, you get a good feel for it after a while and barely have to look.

Don't get me wrong, I do love to crush a bowl in one hit sometimes, usually when I'm in a hurry, but you can really dial in your experience with this vape and customize the experience. Maybe temp-stepping won't be your style, but don't let a cumbersome controller get in the way of finding your ideal setup. :2c:
The Auber 300 is great. However in my opinion it would be even better if they were to put the xlr port on the front of the box instead of on the back. That's just a minor issue but it doesn't impact the performance at all. I do agree that it's a great PID for temp stepping and the ease of changing the temperature.

Socks And Sandals

Ok.. so I placed my order and realized that the Handle isn't included when buying the box and coil and is only included in the bundles. I just got into a back and forth with Chris and he added the handle to the order for me after I paid the difference. Not only that, but it is being shipped out today as well! I didn't speak to him directly but the customer service is absolutely astounding! I can expect my package on Monday according to UPS. I can't wait to get my daily driver back!:clap:

I did order the new handle which is all aluminum and engraved with CH instead of the Hempwick. What do you guys think of that new handle?

Last edited:

GratefulDread

Ok.. so I placed my order and realized that the Handle isn't included when buying the box and coil and is only included in the bundles. I just got into a back and forth with Chris and he added the handle to the order for me after I paid the difference. Not only that but it is being shipped out today as well. I didn't speak to him directly but the customer service is absolutely astounding! I can expect my package on Monday according to UPS. I can't wait to get my daily driver back!:clap:

I did order the new handle which is all aluminum and engraved with CH instead of the Hempwick. What do you guys think of that new handle?
I prefer the look of the new handle. Not a big fan of hempwick. Enjoy!

GratefulDread

Does anyone own both the new and old Shovelhead bowls? Do you have a preference when using the 22mm standard diffuser?
I know the new bowl is smaller in diameter to fit the injector diffuser. Noticed any difference to the conduction heating with the thicker walls on the new bowl? Or negligible?

ArtVandalay422

I got my flowerpot during the back Friday sale, and am having a problem. It hits so great, fast and clean that it's turned me off from my many other vapes!

I never touch my plug-in Volcano Hybrid or vapexhale EVO anymore, and don't dare dabble with any of my portables like my mighty+, crafty+, or tinymight2 unless I'm out of my house. Hell, vaping out of the house with my portables is now less enjoyable because I wish I was using my FP!

Also, another observation I've had is that while I'm using the same or probably more amount of material daily, my throat seems to be less irritated and I have less phlegm compared to my daily vaping before my flowerpot. I speculate that perhaps it's because there's less total vapor going down my throat since the FP finishes a bowl in a couple of hits instead of slowly sipping over many hits (I'm looking at you, Storz and Bickel, with that bickel tickle with your vapes).

Has anyone else had similar observations?

My only real negative is not knowing what temp I'm actually vaping at. Been using a B0 and B1 head anywhere between 580 and 650, and wish I knew what temps I was actually hitting the herb at, as I do like to try and stay down below 390 to not vaporize some of the less desirable, unhealthy components.

fiixed

Having a problem with my Auber RDK 300B. It just keeps switching itself off? At first I thought it might be a faulty coil so I switched out my B1 with the B2, same problem.

Auto shutoff is set to 999 so its not that. This problem started to happen if I left the RDK on my patio overnight and it was too cold. After warming up back inside it would start working again.

Now, its inside, its not cold, and it can't stay on. Initially I got it climbing to about 550, then it would auto shut itself off again. Now its just shutting itself off whenever I turn it on. Its about a year old. Is it broken?

fiixed,

Alligator427

Having a problem with my Auber RDK 300B. It just keeps switching itself off? At first I thought it might be a faulty coil so I switched out my B1 with the B2, same problem.

Auto shutoff is set to 999 so its not that. This problem started to happen if I left the RDK on my patio overnight and it was too cold. After warming up back inside it would start working again.

Now, its inside, its not cold, and it can't stay on. Initially I got it climbing to about 550, then it would auto shut itself off again. Now its just shutting itself off whenever I turn it on. Its about a year old. Is it broken?
Maybe it get wet with difference of temperature. The best is to let it soak before switch on ... But seems too late.

Alligator427,

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
The Auber 300 is great. However in my opinion it would be even better if they were to put the xlr port on the front of the box instead of on the back. That's just a minor issue but it doesn't impact the performance at all. I do agree that it's a great PID for temp stepping and the ease of changing the temperature.
Do you prefer the pid to have the port on the back on all your pids or just the auber? I've got 3 different ones and the high five pid is in the beam but the dual pid has the ports on the front, theyre both great but I think for looks I prefer in the back

tinctorus,
Reactions: tots

fiixed

Maybe it get wet with difference of temperature. The best is to let it soak before switch on ... But seems too late.
that could be it. Its been inside for a few hours now and seems to be staying on again. Probably best to not use it on the patio again unless its summer lol

cvs8floz

I got my flowerpot during the back Friday sale, and am having a problem. It hits so great, fast and clean that it's turned me off from my many other vapes!

I never touch my plug-in Volcano Hybrid or vapexhale EVO anymore, and don't dare dabble with any of my portables like my mighty+, crafty+, or tinymight2 unless I'm out of my house. Hell, vaping out of the house with my portables is now less enjoyable because I wish I was using my FP!

Also, another observation I've had is that while I'm using the same or probably more amount of material daily, my throat seems to be less irritated and I have less phlegm compared to my daily vaping before my flowerpot. I speculate that perhaps it's because there's less total vapor going down my throat since the FP finishes a bowl in a couple of hits instead of slowly sipping over many hits (I'm looking at you, Storz and Bickel, with that bickel tickle with your vapes).

Has anyone else had similar observations?

My only real negative is not knowing what temp I'm actually vaping at. Been using a B0 and B1 head anywhere between 580 and 650, and wish I knew what temps I was actually hitting the herb at, as I do like to try and stay down below 390 to not vaporize some of the less desirable, unhealthy components.
Your story is kind of typical and matches my own experience. Whenever I have the opportunity to introduce someone to vaping, I always ask if they want to start with portables and work their way up or go straight to the mountain top. I have pretty much stopped vaping outside the house and on anything other than the FP. I keep temps in the 580 to 620 range, mostly around 590. And for whatever reason, when used with water through a nice all-glass vapor path, there is no back-of-throat tickle or coughing or harshness like with most other vapes.

Cereal4dinner

Your story is kind of typical and matches my own experience. Whenever I have the opportunity to introduce someone to vaping, I always ask if they want to start with portables and work their way up or go straight to the mountain top. I have pretty much stopped vaping outside the house and on anything other than the FP. I keep temps in the 580 to 620 range, mostly around 590. And for whatever reason, when used with water through a nice all-glass vapor path, there is no back-of-throat tickle or coughing or harshness like with most other vapes.
I also keep it between 580-620. 590-600 is for sure the sweet spot I think

Socks And Sandals

Running my B2.. the sweet spot at least for 2 strains was roughly 100F lower than what the Vrod was recommended for.. I found 540 to 560 the sweetspot.. but with this sherbert Indica it's usually 540F. I went as low as 520, and it was still spitting vapor. Anyhow, my new Auber and coil should be here tomorrow according to UPS. Looking forward to seeing that new handle too!

Socks And Sandals

Just got home and received my CH Order and I'm about to install the Auber PID cover. While this may sound like a stupid question but how do you remove the knob? Does it just pull off easy? I tried and really don't want to break the thing before hearing back. Does the knob just pull straight out? I only applied minor pressure pulling outward from the top. It just feels like it's going to break. Before I do apply full force.. Is this all you do? Or does it require turning it or pressing down or something? I

I'm gonna make dinner real quick, I'll be back in about 15 minutes. Does it just pull straight out? Someone please confirm this so I can proceed without the fear of breaking it. I could have sworn they had a video on this that I can't find on their YT channel anymore.Thanks fellas...

Socks And Sandals,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just got home and received my CH Order and I'm about to install the Auber PID cover. While this may sound like a stupid question but how do you remove the knob? Does it just pull off easy? I tried and really don't want to break the thing before hearing back. Does the knob just pull straight out? I only applied minor pressure pulling outward from the top. It just feels like it's going to break. Before I do apply full force.. Is this all you do? Or does it require turning it or pressing down or something? I

I'm gonna make dinner real quick, I'll be back in about 15 minutes. Does it just pull straight out? Someone please confirm this so I can proceed without the fear of breaking it. I could have sworn they had a video on this that I can't find on their YT channel anymore.Thanks fellas...
This video about 40 seconds in:

I found it on the CH page for the PID cover:

Socks And Sandals

This video about 40 seconds in:

I found it on the CH page for the PID cover:
Thanks.. I'm struggling with this.. it aint coming off and feels as if i'm actually bending it. I'll keep trying.. this mother fucker is a bitch. It really isn't coming off and I just heard it crack.. FUCK!!! This feels like it's cemented on there if I break it they better take it back because I'm following their instructions.. Here she goes... This is NOTHING like is shown in the video.. It's cemented on there it seems.. Jesus if I break this I'm going to be pissed.

Edit. I got it out but I still think I loosened the knob socket as it wiggles a tiny bit now.. If it was truly meant to be taken off, It should have never been put on that fucking tight.:mad:

I think the 300B is slightly different as it didn't come off no where near as easily as chris showed. Also the knob connector did have a flat part to align the screw with but it didn't have yellow on the top of the knob attachment as this does so I would assume there would be some minor differences. Just a heads up to others, mine was on like a mofo and I was finally able to get it off with a soft cloth wedged under it and pulling up evenly.

Sorry I panicked but I just spent a whole lot of money on this. @Grass Yes Thank you my man! :tup:

Last edited:

focalforlife

Thanks.. I'm struggling with this.. it aint coming off and feels as if i'm actually bending it. I'll keep trying.. this mother fucker is a bitch. It really isn't coming off and I just heard it crack.. FUCK!!! This feels like it's cemented on there if I break it they better take it back because I'm following their instructions.. Here she goes... This is NOTHING like is shown in the video.. It's cemented on there it seems.. Jesus if I break this I'm going to be pissed.

Edit. I got it out but I still think I loosened the knob socket as it wiggles a tiny bit now.. If it was truly meant to be taken off, It should have never been put on that fucking tight.:mad:

I think the 300B is slightly different as it didn't come off no where near as easily as chris showed. Also the knob connector did have a flat part to align the screw with but it didn't have yellow on the top of the knob attachment as this does so I would assume there would be some minor differences. Just a heads up to others, mine was on like a mofo and I was finally able to get it off with a soft cloth wedged under it and pulling up evenly.

Sorry I panicked but I just spent a whole lot of money on this. @Grass Yes Thank you my man! :tup:
I think I wound up using a bigger screw driver to get a little leverage when i did it but its too late for you now but in case anyone runs across this.

Socks And Sandals

I think I wound up using a bigger screw driver to get a little leverage when i did it but its too late for you now but in case anyone runs across this.
Yeah I was thinking to do that too had wedging a cloth underneath it didn't work. It makes me feel a tad bit better knowing I wasn't the only one who had a hard time with removing that knob. Hopefully this will help someone else.

On a side note, I plugged my new coil into the NV.controller just to see if that issue that I mentioned earlier in the thread about the yellow wire being loose was isolated only to the coil. It was. I was thinking of selling it but now I think I'll keep it for a future T bucket. It's funny because the new coil that came with my Auber not only didn't have the same issue of over shooting the temp but the temp also barely changed when I'm inhaling at all. Maybe 10 degrees that about it. It's almost as if that new coil showed me my NV controller actually has less issues with this new coil than the previous. I did finally attach it back to the Auber but man I'm happy! And... there is no rattle with the B2 either!

Definitely going to keep the NV PID for the time being seeing as how that new coil proved to me that there never was anything wrong with the NV controller despite buying an Auber. My only complaint about the Auber is it's very bright in a pitch black room. I went to sleep last night and had to cover the readout with a cloth. I also set the low limit for the auto shut off to 150F so that kinda helps. Again, all in all I like the Auber better but if my NV PID still works.. the only thing that is missing for it is a T-Bucket and Flat Coil.:rockon:

I'l try to post some pics.. I completely forgot how to do it. Maybe someone can chime in?

Last edited:

focalforlife

Yeah I was thinking to do that too had wedging a cloth underneath it didn't work. It makes me feel a tad bit better knowing I wasn't the only one who had a hard time with removing that knob. Hopefully this will help someone else.

On a side note, I plugged my new coil into the NV.controller just to see if that issue that I mentioned earlier in the thread about the yellow wire being loose was isolated only to the coil. It was. I was thinking of selling it but now I think I'll keep it for a future T bucket. It's funny because the new coil that came with my Auber not only didn't have the same issue of over shooting the temp but the temp also barely changed when I'm inhaling at all. Maybe 10 degrees that about it. It's almost as if that new coil showed me my NV controller actually has less issues with this new coil than the previous. I did finally attach it back to the Auber but man I'm happy! And... there is no rattle with the B2 either!

Definitely going to keep the NV PID for the time being seeing as how that new coil proved to me that there never was anything wrong with the NV controller despite buying an Auber. My only complaint about the Auber is it's very bright in a pitch black room. I went to sleep last night and had to cover the readout with a cloth. I also set the low limit for the auto shut off to 150F so that kinda helps. Again, all in all I like the Auber better but if my NV PID still works.. the only thing that is missing for it is a T-Bucket and Flat Coil.:rockon:

I'l try to post some pics.. I completely forgot how to do it. Maybe someone can chime in?
There may be a way to adjust the brightness or turn off the display.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
that could be it. Its been inside for a few hours now and seems to be staying on again. Probably best to not use it on the patio again unless its summer lol

Was it exposed to rain, or are you saying relative humidity caused it to malfunction?

Relaxed,

Socks And Sandals

There may be a way to adjust the brightness or turn off the display.
I haven't gotten through the Auber Manuals just yet (there are 6 of them on the CH website) but if there is a parameter/setting for it I'll let you know if I find it! It would be nice if there was.
Thanks man! A buddy of mine told me about these stickers a long time ago that he used for pretty much everything in his room from space heaters to fans. Hell I might just pick up some of these to cover my modem/router, fan and heater too! Thanks brother! I really appreciate that! I just added them to my amazon wish list for next paycheck! :tup:

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Does anyone have a link to a good brush for the bowl? Something that uses natural bristles, not synthetic. S&B used to sell a good one but I can't seem to find it at a reasonable price anymore.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Does anyone have a link to a good brush for the bowl? Something that uses natural bristles, not synthetic. S&B used to sell a good one but I can't seem to find it at a reasonable price anymore.
What do you consider reasonable? PoTV has the S&B brushes for $3 for 3:

Although I suppose shipping might be too much on that.

Top Bottom