Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I love my Bx, but I can hear my voice changing a bit since I use it. I wonder if it is just the higher temps I am using. The amount, or quality of weed or the titanium or the rubies in the air path.

I probably will have to try some other ball vapes, just to be sure and find out it doesn't really matter.:science:.

I just come back from a lung check at my doctors, because of my old pothead lungs. Still at 120% :lmao:

Mndeadhead

took delivery of my FPP over the weekend. Spent the weekend messing with temps. Since we already have a B1/B2 setup, I have been contemplating using the b1 as a lower temp ride for the wife (and me when I want to dial it back), but dial in the FPP pro to literally be that one and done, hit you in the face with a cast iron skillet extraction. Currently sitting at about 650, but wanting to know where other FPP owners are sitting. It does seem to be a bit different from the B2, which they are clear about in the advertising, so curious where everyone else is. I know suggested starting temp is 625. I want to literally ride the line of combustion for the micro doses, but don't want to go through the pain of combusting to know where that line is. I know, Fat, lazy Hobbit.

Mndeadhead,

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I think when the AVB is black and no combustion smell or taste you hit the sweet spot. I personally prefer to keep the AVB close to a mighty AVB. For health safety precautions reasons.

Thick Vape,

cvs8floz

took delivery of my FPP over the weekend. Spent the weekend messing with temps. Since we already have a B1/B2 setup, I have been contemplating using the b1 as a lower temp ride for the wife (and me when I want to dial it back), but dial in the FPP pro to literally be that one and done, hit you in the face with a cast iron skillet extraction. Currently sitting at about 650, but wanting to know where other FPP owners are sitting. It does seem to be a bit different from the B2, which they are clear about in the advertising, so curious where everyone else is. I know suggested starting temp is 625. I want to literally ride the line of combustion for the micro doses, but don't want to go through the pain of combusting to know where that line is. I know, Fat, lazy Hobbit.
I think this depends on your style of vaping. I like to leave the head on the bowl until the bowl is spent, typically 3-4 solid hits, this adds a lot of conduction heating and gives me almost instant vapor, I have settled on 585 as a nice temp with 18mm glass. If you prefer convection heating only and remove the head after each hit you will need either a higher temp or take longer draws or a combination of both, my guess is that you will end up somewhere between 620 and 650 also depending on dryness of material.

ontopofclouds

spent the weekend dialing in mine as well

sitting at 650 currently as well, too scared to go higher :lol:

I'm getting full extraction in 2 hits, but definitely not at the 1 hit where I want to be. I wonder if the airflow through the hydratube is the limiting factor here.

ontopofclouds,
Reactions: Grass Yes

greenganja

I love my Bx, but I can hear my voice changing a bit since I use it. I wonder if it is just the higher temps I am using. The amount, or quality of weed or the titanium or the rubies in the air path.

I probably will have to try some other ball vapes, just to be sure and find out it doesn't really matter.:science:.

I just come back from a lung check at my doctors, because of my old pothead lungs. Still at 120% :lmao:
Sounds like you have the vape throat. Vapor can be dry and hot and can irritate your throat. I have a friend who can't use my FP because he says it's too harsh on his throat. But no one else has complained about that when they hit it. You could try to lower the temp and see if that helps. During the winter months the air can be a little bit dry as well, don't really know if that would matter or not, just guessing really.

I'm getting full extraction in 2 hits, but definitely not at the 1 hit where I want to be. I wonder if the airflow through the hydratube is the limiting factor here.
You could always try loading less herb. I have experimented and I if I load up more than a pinch, I will usually have to stir in between hits to get full extraction. On smaller loads I can get the full extraction in one hit, but you'r talking like a dynavap size bowl or less.

Just got my B1 setup... stoked. Do you guys wash yours first or just do a burn off?
Yes crank the baby up to 800 or 900 for a few minutes and you should be good.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Just out of curiosity, what glass piece are you using with it?

focalforlife

Have you stretched your coil?

focalforlife,
Reactions: Thick Vape

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Sounds like you have the vape throat. Vapor can be dry and hot and can irritate your throat. I have a friend who can't use my FP because he says it's too harsh on his throat. But no one else has complained about that when they hit it. You could try to lower the temp and see if that helps. During the winter months the air can be a little bit dry as well, don't really know if that would matter or not, just guessing really.

You could always try loading less herb. I have experimented and I if I load up more than a pinch, I will usually have to stir in between hits to get full extraction. On smaller loads I can get the full extraction in one hit, but you'r talking like a dynavap size bowl or less.

Yes crank the baby up to 800 or 900 for a few minutes and you should be good.

Another thing I've seen suggested numerous times for people with throat irritation from dry vapor to try is putting warm water in your water piece, Thick Vape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom