Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

arefx

Hey does anyone have a resource on how to tighten the coil? It hasn't really been a bother on my bzero but if it does help lower operating temperature it could be worth it I suppose. Thanks in advance

BigJr48

How restrictive is the airflow on the beaded units compared to the first gen non beaded units?

BigJr48,

Alligator427

How restrictive is the airflow on the beaded units compared to the first gen non beaded units?
Depend de size of the balls. More restrictiv with B2 compare to the vrod. The B1 have a good airflow even with 3mm balls. I can not say if it is better or worse than the vrod. Depend if you use 3mm, 4mm or a mix of both.

Edit : I check and B1 with 3mm balls is more restictiv than vrod.+

Last edited:

snackmaster

Do you prefer the 3/4" or the 1"? I am looking to purchase one as a standalone stand for the Shovelhead. I do not have a PID cover so do not factor in measurements for the carb cap indent.
The post length coming out of the shovelhead is most important. I haven’t had anything bottom out in the 7/8” one but would recommend 1” to be safe.

snackmaster,

exony

My god this thread is still going. Well, it was fun reading my old posts back here and remembering them taking a month to get it to me after some issues and how pissed I was.
I actually did end up using the flowerpot to quit smoking tobacco bong rips, and vaped pipe tobacco for probably a year or two. Now I just vape nicotine juice in a regular vape, and use my flowerpot for dabs and bud.

My flowerpot is still going strong 4+ years later. Only problem I can really think of is the post that sticks into the bowl has been completely stuck and no amount of cleaning, heating, or freezing will free it.

I don't know if the PIDs have gotten any better, but the one I received from newvape broke pretty quick, like 6 months or something less. It was a real low quality one. Nowadays, I actually use a nice beefy one I got off Amazon for $50 (cheaper than the newvape one) and it has lasted me over 2 years so far.

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
Urbanistic in the UK have a sale on CH dishes, 28mm Vrod sapphire and SIC and some 30mm dishes too

I picked up a sapphire dish for my Vrod for an amazing £68 Inc delivery, had the first couple of dabs off it yesterday. I'm planning on just dry q-tipping after each hit and then soaking in Simple Green Crystal to clean it.

Is there any need for a heated dab tool? It seemed to be okay without but not sure how risky that is.... I only take tiny dabs

ontopofclouds

Urbanistic in the UK have a sale on CH dishes, 28mm Vrod sapphire and SIC and some 30mm dishes too

I picked up a sapphire dish for my Vrod for an amazing £68 Inc delivery, had the first couple of dabs off it yesterday. I'm planning on just dry q-tipping after each hit and then soaking in Simple Green Crystal to clean it.

Is there any need for a heated dab tool? It seemed to be okay without but not sure how risky that is.... I only take tiny dabs
no need for a heated dab tool

as long as you don't stick your metal dabber in the freezer and then immediately touch the sapphire dish with it there will be no chance for thermal shock. in general just make sure you don't let any water/moisture/wetness hit the sapphire while its hot and you're good to go, it's a much stronger surface than most people realize.

focalforlife

Ok one more time for those interested. It seems the purple auber stands are back in stock. I've been waiting for a T Bucket or a Tsunami but its progress.

focalforlife,
Reactions: BigJr48

leinaht

OG Air, DTV4+BB, Sai, and the occasional Dynavap
I'm going to get a B1 injector setup in the next few months and have a question--can it be used to heat up a dynavap? Maybe by sticking it up the injector? Apologies if this was asked earlier in the thread, I wasn't able to find it.

leinaht,

focalforlife

I'm going to get a B1 injector setup in the next few months and have a question--can it be used to heat up a dynavap? Maybe by sticking it up the injector? Apologies if this was asked earlier in the thread, I wasn't able to find it.
No they are different. The b1 is the heater but for bowls. The dynavap needs a flame or Induction Heater to heat it. b1 definitely not meant to do that, might work but not meant for it.

focalforlife,
Reactions: BigJr48

rollerskater

You can heat the Dynavap however you want as long as you don't call it late for dinner. You can definitely make it work but idk if I would recommend it. I've heated the Dv with an electric stove coil even. There's also this post for a neat trick (and this one doesnt involve spinning) you can do with the Vrod, probably the B2 also.

rollerskater,

zor

Man I'm a fucking idiot and having a great laugh about it.

All summer I was having trouble with flavorful extraction from the vrod and b2 sic dishes. Sometimes concentrate would just vanish into it, I'd see vapor come off in loads but I'd get very little vapor from inhaling. I tried playing with temp, went up to 700 and have slowly started walking it down, thinking there was poor conductivity or something between coil and dish which necessitates higher temps. Today, I'm at 640, and did a dab and this time noticed that hardly any vapor came off the dish before i got the cap on. Then it hit me. Fucking moron that I am, I've had the god damn ceiling fan going the whole time because, well, summer heat waves. That was constantly blowing on the dish and cooling it, and also creating the turbulence to displace so much air that the vapor would flood out (well that's my theory anyway)

today the fan is off because it's a nice 69 out. I took a hit expecting poor vapor but instead got the flavor and vapor I've been missing for so long

lesson learned!

Top Bottom