• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I just purchased the B0 at the 7/10 sale and also used it with the elev8r bowl from a kit I purchased maybe 3 years ago. I was actually amazed how well it fit in the bowl, mine does not get stuck at all and has a tighter fit than most other combos I have tried, I was thinking of writing a post just about that. So either the elev8r bowl changed over time or the B0 injector did.
I also picked up a new 20mm CH coil at the sale and can finally confirm that is indeed different from the one I bought 2 years ago, the newer one does fit the Qaroma, the older one does not. Vape manufacturers seem to change the dimensions of their coils or bowls slightly over time which is a bummer when you mix and match across manufacturers like many of us do.
The B0 is a little fatter than the B1 injector. I have an elev8r bowl that fits the B1 fine and the B0 gets stuck a little ((2mm or so) before it is completely in the bowl.

In fact I reported it wrong! Sorry. It is the B1 that is a little fatter than the B0!
Then when you pull out, you have to pay attention that the bowl doesn't get stuck to the B1. Or you choose a tiny little bigger elev8 bowl.
I think it is just a very unlucky combination of tolerances. And I am pretty sure CH tolerances are tight. elev8 glass bowls probably a little less, but still pretty good. I got 2 elev8 14mm bowls that are a little too tight for the B1 now. They are ok with the B0.

edit:
I also got 18mm bowls. They fit both models no problem.
edit2: One of the 18mm's is also B0 "only" size.

and: They are my go to's since I got them.

Last edited:

stonewatcher

I have a FlowerPot B1 Essentials Bundle with Auber controller. What differences would I notice if I switched the balls out for 3mm?
More restrictive draw with 3mm. You may get away with slightly lower temps.

Source: I currently own a B0 with 3mm and 4mm beads.

stonewatcher,
Reactions: BigJr48

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I have a FlowerPot B1 Essentials Bundle with Auber controller. What differences would I notice if I switched the balls out for 3mm?
I can finish a bowl easier in one hit with 3mm than with 4mm balls. In my case I feel more air restriction from the glass (edit: or how much water I put in) than from the change from 4mm to 3mm balls. Still pretty open airflow with the B1 3mm.

Last edited:

Trackrat

In fact I reported it wrong! Sorry. It is the B1 that is a little fatter than the B0!
Then when you pull out, you have to pay attention that the bowl doesn't get stuck to the B1. Or you choose a tiny little bigger elev8 bowl.
I think it is just a very unlucky combination of tolerances. And I am pretty sure CH tolerances are tight. elev8 glass bowls probably a little less, but still pretty good. I got 2 elev8 14mm bowls that are a little too tight for the B1 now. They are ok with the B0.

edit:
I also got 18mm bowls. They fit both models no problem.
edit2: One of the 18mm's is also B0 "only" size.

and: They are my go to's since I got them.
I suppose it's a little tricky to get hand blown glass perfect

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
Does anyone have some advice about whether one or two air holes would be better for dabbing in a B2? They are both the Universal carb cap that fits the B2 nut and I think the double hole version might be the newer design maybe?

Dabberhashery,
Reactions: BigJr48

Lozo

I had a slightly loose coil for my B1, it rattled around slightly but not really that much or at least I didn’t think so; I decided to open the coil a few mm and I have a nice snug fit now. The difference in temperature required is much greater than what I thought it would be, I used to be on 675 and now 575, maybe my ABV is slightly lighter but not by much.

Thought I’d share for any of those with a slightly loose coil it’s worth making sure it’s a snug fit.

focalforlife

I had a slightly loose coil for my B1, it rattled around slightly but not really that much or at least I didn’t think so; I decided to open the coil a few mm and I have a nice snug fit now. The difference in temperature required is much greater than what I thought it would be, I used to be on 675 and now 575, maybe my ABV is slightly lighter but not by much.

Thought I’d share for any of those with a slightly loose coil it’s worth making sure it’s a snug fit.
Yep, one of the primary recommendations that really ought to be documented better. Happy to hear its operating more efficiently.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer

+1. I'm using the "shovelhead with conduction" method at 495F after separating my coils and also tightening them axially to reduce the id and better grip the barrel. (B1, 3mm, auber).
I'm also now unable to take it apart, because turning the coil ccw tightens its grip (!).

I'll run it till it breaks I guess!

Gizmo1k

+1. I'm using the "shovelhead with conduction" method at 495F after separating my coils and also tightening them axially to reduce the id and better grip the barrel. (B1, 3mm, auber).
I'm also now unable to take it apart, because turning the coil ccw tightens its grip (!).

I'll run it till it breaks I guess!
Thanks for this. You have suffered so we can avoid this mistake. I'm going to be ok with not having the inner rings of the coil not being as tight as I would like them.

Gizmo1k,
Reactions: Summer

thevapist

Still loving my VROD. Sadly, CH went a direction that doesn't really interest me, as draw speed vs restriction vs temp vs whatever just gets old. I have my stuff dialed in and it will last for life with replacement coils. There isn't much innovation in this space at the moment. Releasing different configurations of existing products with slight spins on the stands/cases gets old.

I figured they'd have released a new dedicated concentrate setup by now, but doesn't seem to be much going on over at CH. Anything comparable I should check out?

Edwyn is distracted ;)

ontopofclouds

Still loving my VROD. Sadly, CH went a direction that doesn't really interest me, as draw speed vs restriction vs temp vs whatever just gets old. I have my stuff dialed in and it will last for life with replacement coils. There isn't much innovation in this space at the moment. Releasing different configurations of existing products with slight spins on the stands/cases gets old.

I figured they'd have released a new dedicated concentrate setup by now, but doesn't seem to be much going on over at CH. Anything comparable I should check out?

Edwyn is distracted ;)
they've been looking for a new machinist for months now and work has been backed up over at CH for a while now. they stopped producing t buckets and tsunamis in favor of prioritizing the flowerpot. they were actually considering scrapping the concentrate lineup altogether because they're too time consuming to produce and the financials don't really make sense but the community seems to have talked them out of it. last word was that edwyn was looking at the t bucket design again to see if anything could be streamlined more to make production easier.

not sure if there's anything comparable tbh, i think they're the only ones who do titanium enail style setups anymore. other options would be to check out the mininail, but imo the t bucket is the best enail setup in the game.

Last edited:

Alligator427

Edwyn is distracted ;)
Not so agree with that. The balls give a better extraction.
Taste with rubis is also better than with the Ti from the Vrod.

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
I went round the CH upgrade merry-go-round last month and I have ended back on the Vrod for now. I bought both a B1 and B2 to go along with the older Vrod. I tend to agree that the upgrade is minimal and I went back to the Vrod as I didn't like how the balls went after putting lots of concentrate through it...

Having to heat it up and tip hot balls out wasn't really much fun. I couldn't separate the top and bottom to get it off the coil for a while either so just waited it out several sessions and then I could unscrew it from the coil. Its cool having the whole set to play around with though, I'm sure I won't just use the Vrod forever more. Variety is the spice of life!

Alligator427

In my last post, I compared B1 and Vrod for the weed, not for oil or twax.
I don't like B2 for the restriction and I only used once Vrod for twax. I used a complete bowl of white OG with a rice of oil and I was feeling bad during 30min after. Not in my brain, in my body. That was strange, because sometime I add a drop of oil directly on the weed and I have not this effect.

Top Bottom